Author Topic: Lucky Touhou dodges the 3rd (Dodging like a Boss Volume 10 out!)  (Read 240106 times)

Picochilla

• Just a random Chinchilla
Re: Lucky Touhou dodges the 3rd (Dodging like a Boss Volume 10 out!)
« Reply #900 on: July 29, 2014, 03:32:03 PM »
Okay, so the compendium from Post #600 to now is done. I've removed most youtube replays except for PC-98 replays after considering fsvgm's criticism against double compression, and even begged people like ARF or Cactu for specific incidents that didn't have a replay posted (ARF gave me one of them, look forward to that in Volume 11! :DDD).

Anyhow, here is the dropbox folder for anyone who wants to keep tabs on it. For the sake of lacking spoilers, please refrain from saying anything directly about it other than things like typos, something wrong, etc. here. In private, if a conversation is necessary, that's fine. Please note that the xls file may look a little messy compared to the ods because I edited the replay compendium in OpenOffice.

EDIT: All of the non-Youtube replays have been downloaded! Yes, I'm using a couple of Youtube replays. One is Zil PoDD and the other is just something so amazing that I dare not talk about it until the video's been released. I'll be calculating times after making and editing individual clips so that I can arrange the replays into good volumes that take up 6-9 minutes because who has a social life nowadays :V

ANOTHER NOTE: I won't be able to record anything besides Touhou 6 at 60FPS. I could always record at 30fps 1/2 speed and edit the music in when I speed it up to 60FPS, but that's way too much work for me, even in my neethood. I'd love to do it, but with 120 replays that I plan to churn into videos by the end of August, I don't see it happening. :( Please PM me about it if you aren't okay with this. It's times like this that I wish I had bought my PC in PARTS and not A PRE-BUILT HUNK OF JUNK. :cccccc

Whats with my replays i attached in the Thread (Page29)? Or did i miss something in your posts?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 03:35:21 PM by Picochilla »

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #901 on: July 29, 2014, 03:46:54 PM »
You see... I'll just get to you about it in PMs.

EDIT: Okay, here's the gist of what I told him: Don't give a huge collection of replays without marking any of the dodges that happened in them. As much of a neet as I am, Even I don't have the time to do that. It's nothing against you, Picochilla, but I decided not to include it on partial grounds of sleep deprivation and the fact that I would have to spend days searching through your replays and I MIGHT find something good. No hard feelings.

One thing you notice in the compendium is the pattern of the following criterion (and I'd appreciate if this were put into the next thread's OP for not just me but anyone else who wants to do this):

• A .rpy file attached by either replays.gensokyo.org or the attachments function on this message board.
  • A point of reference within the replay (Be it pre/post-midboss stage portion, a nonspell, midboss nonspell, boss card, a specific point in the stage that identifies itself by light description, etc.

I don't know how I can make this sound not rude. :( Just take it for what it is: Attach a replay file (and not a youtube video unless it's with a replay file because fsvgm and I are kinda compression nazis for lack of a better term) and tell me where it is if it's longer than a spellcard. I'd hate to use you as an example, but that's what it is. No hard feelings, as I said before.

EDIT: I also figured out the 60fps issue for TH6-9. Apparently it's actually slower for Fraps to record to a USB HDD than an internal HDD. I don't get it either. Maybe it's the flaw of USB2 that led to USB3?

EDIT2: Whoever puts it in the OP of the next thread, please note that I'm saying this as a requirement to be considered and likely included in the Dodging Like a Boss series while I'm handling it, not as a requirement to post that. That would be dumb. I don't want to imply dumb things.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 10:04:36 PM by Esper »
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Picochilla

« Reply #902 on: July 30, 2014, 02:47:43 PM »
EDIT: I also figured out the 60fps issue for TH6-9. Apparently it's actually slower for Fraps to record to a USB HDD than an internal HDD. I don't get it either. Maybe it's the flaw of USB2 that led to USB3?

Never plug in a USB3-Stick into a USB2-Slot! USB2 is way slower than USB3

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #903 on: July 30, 2014, 05:55:20 PM »
Never plug in a USB3-Stick into a USB2-Slot! USB2 is way slower than USB3

No no no, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that USB2 is incredibly slow, hence why USB3 was created.

Enjoy.

« Reply #904 on: July 30, 2014, 09:16:23 PM »
Hey, so apparently Esper found my video
Though I think that I have another one that would be better to use

Not only do I manage to win, but I win after I dodbe the bullets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFpqQWFOAgQ

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #905 on: July 30, 2014, 10:35:20 PM »
Regarding recording FPS-- YouTube is 30fps anyway, so there's no reason to record at 60fps if you're uploading there.

...Or are you slowing the recorded video down to show frame-by-frame dodges or something? Is that why the topic of changing video speed was mentioned?

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #906 on: July 30, 2014, 11:27:16 PM »
Regarding recording FPS-- YouTube is 30fps anyway, so there's no reason to record at 60fps if you're uploading there.

...Or are you slowing the recorded video down to show frame-by-frame dodges or something? Is that why the topic of changing video speed was mentioned?

Yes, exactly.

I figured out the problem, so the only parts of the video that won't feature slowdown EVER (Except in very specific instances because it was just so awesome and I'm too lazy to rerecord at the moment because stomach virus blah blah bitching blah) are PCB. EoSD was a LITTLE jittery (By little I mean the frames only chugged during gameplay but for some reason show up fine in the recording which is also 60fps for EoSD), but it's not jittery enough that it sets off my OCPD. I've recorded IN's replays and PoFV's replays. I'm saving DS and StB for last in terms of recording location because they're the games that don't involve me searching when timing description isn't present.

Hey, so apparently Esper found my video
Though I think that I have another one that would be better to use

Not only do I manage to win, but I win after I dodbe the bullets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFpqQWFOAgQ

Do you still have THIS replay? Is it uploaded somewhere? I'd love to include it, but Sony Vegas has a bit of a vendetta against downloaded youtube videos (And besides, double compression on youtube is quite possibly the most hideous thing imaginable ;-;)

Judging by the time of the video, I doubt you have a replay, though. :c

I realize that a lot of these posts from me lately have been "Bitch bitch moan complain I don't like this blah blah blah", and I do apologize for that. I'm kinda trying to plan this out as I go. Please bear with me. I'll try to be less "LET ME LOG EVERYTHING AND TELL YOU EXACTLY WHERE I AM AND WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND" because to be honest I don't want the next three pages of this thread to be "How to make a youtube video about Touhou games".

Please, from now on, contact me with PMs. This thread was made for dodges, not how to make videos showcasing them, and I feel bad flooding it with my problems regarding such.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 11:42:47 PM by Esper »

Enjoy.

« Reply #907 on: July 31, 2014, 08:35:02 AM »
If you're continuing this series I might as well post this ancient replay.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=34105

Best Charming Siege capture ever :V Went through not one, but two walls. Don't even ask me why I went to the side like that in the beginning, guess I had no idea what I was doing back then.

Picochilla

« Reply #908 on: July 31, 2014, 02:57:40 PM »

I've heard they updating to 60FPS soon.

« Reply #909 on: July 31, 2014, 07:01:36 PM »
I punched death in the face during Mountain of Faith here.
Normal 1cc's: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard 1cc's: EoSD, PCB, IN
Extra Clears: EoSD, PCB + Phantasm, IN, MoF, TD, DDC
Phantasmagoria Trues Clears: Standard Regular
Goals: Phantasmagoria Trues Unseen Standard 1cc, MoF XNM, MoF XNF

« Reply #910 on: July 31, 2014, 07:03:20 PM »
Do you still have THIS replay? Is it uploaded somewhere? I'd love to include it, but Sony Vegas has a bit of a vendetta against downloaded youtube videos (And besides, double compression on youtube is quite possibly the most hideous thing imaginable ;-;)

Judging by the time of the video, I doubt you have a replay, though. :c

I do apologize, but I don't
But I do have the raw recording from Fraps if that is to any help
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/272850846/th143%202014-05-25%2021-16-10-65.avi

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #911 on: July 31, 2014, 07:42:17 PM »
I do apologize, but I don't
But I do have the raw recording from Fraps if that is to any help
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/272850846/th143%202014-05-25%2021-16-10-65.avi

...That's actually excellent. Thanks.

Enjoy.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 06:23:20 PM by Great Birdhou Daishougakusen »

Picochilla

« Reply #913 on: August 03, 2014, 08:24:04 PM »
Oh geeze... i totally forgot how to play other Touhou-Games besides PoFV cuz im focused to let me hit instead of "Deathbombing" that :S

But there still 2 neat things.

- second Last Spell aganist Reisen (Totally turned throught the first Wave to early before they got no Hitbox lulz)
- Final Non-Spell Kaguya (aka am i supposed to dodge that like this?)

Dunno... maybe i also overacting that with the "Dodging like a pro"-Stuff :/

« Reply #914 on: August 03, 2014, 09:31:19 PM »
...That's actually excellent. Thanks.
Am looking forward for the release c:

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #915 on: August 06, 2014, 03:28:36 PM »
Forgive me for yet another vanity post, but I'm practicing for Senozza's PoFV tourney by playing Lunatic story mode, and I just had the weirdest fucking shit around 0:53 of Round 2 Shikieiki.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=34162

Also, just a note: Seeing as I want the lucky dodges involved to be "lol what happened to the fucking hitbox" stuff, there may be patches of stuff that went unrecorded because either A. I couldn't find what was considered "lucky" in the replay, or B. I thought that what was considered "lucky" in the replay was kinda meh and just an overreaction, which I hold nothing against anyone over.

I'll try to go through the videos and mark what I did/didn't record yet because I don't want someone to be tapping their finger on their desk wondering "WHERE THE FUCK IS MY REPLAY?" after watching the three-to-five videos I might make from all of these replays.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 03:35:09 PM by Esper »

Enjoy.

« Reply #916 on: August 09, 2014, 12:02:24 AM »
During the macrododging portion right after Patchy. Also had some accidental superplaying on Q.E.D. until the very end.
Normal 1cc's: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard 1cc's: EoSD, PCB, IN
Extra Clears: EoSD, PCB + Phantasm, IN, MoF, TD, DDC
Phantasmagoria Trues Clears: Standard Regular
Goals: Phantasmagoria Trues Unseen Standard 1cc, MoF XNM, MoF XNF

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #917 on: August 14, 2014, 04:09:01 AM »
So right with the section on the first stage with the two big fairies, I somehow dance around the aimed blue bullets. Don't ask me how.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #918 on: August 17, 2014, 05:15:06 AM »
Huge update post

I'm afraid that due to a string of rather serious issues, I cannot make the next video in the series. I was hoping to get it done by now, but between shuffling between recording/editing programs, a whole lot of development hell, and the fact that school is right around the corner, I won't be able to make the videos and still make everything else fall in line. I knew I'd have to go back on my attempt to make these, so that's why I'll still keep the replay compendium: It'll help those who want to take my/arf's/fsvgm's place in this series. My only request is that if you can, post a log with your video that lists all of the replays used in the video so that I can edit the dropbox spreadsheet accordingly.

Tl;dr version: I spent too much time planning, got lazy, etc, PoFV tournament started overshadowing this as a form of procrastination (worst part of being a teenager, I know...), and school rolled in so I won't have any time to deal with my own affairs if I try to fit this in.

I'll still attempt to record/edit, but keep in mind that now that I have to worry about school, I may end up waiting until November or December if school's gonna be as busy as I think it will be. If the 40GB in recordings from EoSD to SA (excluding StB) is needed in case you want to take over, ask me.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 05:16:46 AM by Esper »

Enjoy.

Ghost

• Fluke dodging is the best tactic.
« Reply #919 on: August 17, 2014, 03:41:46 PM »
Sad to hear the project's being put on hold, but school's pretty important, so it's understandable if you don't have the time to work on it.

Buuut, in the meantime, here's another contribution

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
« Reply #921 on: August 29, 2014, 02:15:43 AM »
Just some  dodges from my MoF 1cc
MoF
Stage 3- Enemies that fire the 3 aimed bullets
Right after the part where the last dodge took place at, I narrowly avoid an incoming fairy
Stage 5- Sanaes midboss spell
On Sea Opening the day the sea split I go in between the knives.
Stage 6- Expanded onobrisha second wave of lasers.

PCB to come soon
Normal 1cc: IN,EoSD,MoF,PCB,LoLK-P(403 Retries(Hope to Improve))
Extra Clear:PCB
ISC: All Stages Clear !

« Reply #922 on: September 08, 2014, 02:39:09 AM »
Just as I thought I have the hitboxes figured out...

« Reply #923 on: September 14, 2014, 12:24:37 AM »
During my recent Touhou 9 Extra run with Reimu:
Replay
Video
By some miracle, I somehow wasn't hit by anything towards the end of the Reisen battle in stage 4 here when I let myself get trapped in the lower-right corner! Also, during the same run, I had some lucky dodges during my second life against Shikieiki as well!

« Reply #924 on: September 14, 2014, 01:10:16 AM »
Something that happened during a silly run in Riverbed Soul Saver (Skip to around 39:45 if I didn't link to it properly).

Replay file

I'm thinking I should have died at this moment no matter how I look at this bit of the replay(but the hitboxes seem pretty lenient).

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #925 on: September 22, 2014, 10:59:31 PM »
I think I got a lucky dodge toward the end of Reisen's third nonspell

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=34658
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

« Reply #926 on: October 13, 2014, 03:49:13 AM »
During a Touhou 9 run I just did, using Yuka on Hard, against Shikieiki in stage 9:
Replay
Video
I had a lot of lucky dodges during that battle, but I think the one that takes the cake is about 1:52 into the first round (about 18:34 into the video), where I was pretty sure I was gonna die to a barrage coming at me, but none of the bullets in that barrage hit me, even when I was sitting still for most of the barrage! (However, I did die to another barrage about 15 seconds later, but at least I came back and defeated Shikieiki in the second round.)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 03:50:58 AM by SomeGuy712x »

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
« Reply #927 on: October 13, 2014, 09:38:17 PM »
I've got several lucky dogdes on Scene 4-4 in StB.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=34943

And here replay from capturing this Scene:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=34944
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #928 on: October 20, 2014, 10:44:20 PM »
made a tight-squeeze dodge in Seiga's final spell, between a couple bullets

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=35012
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

« Reply #929 on: October 21, 2014, 02:47:12 PM »
So this happened

Skip to around 1:26. Was sort of testing stuff when that happened. I may link that video to the discussion thread for this game later once I test some other stuff I was thinking of last night.