Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XI Online  (Read 207549 times)

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
Re: Touhou Rage Thread XI Online
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2011, 08:41:57 AM »
Yes I think the title is a FFXI reference. Possibly playing on the fact that FFXI being an online game induced a good deal of rage in FF fans. (Though I gave up on the series after playing FFVII for about a week.)

That's because those guys are fools, FFXI made up half of my adolescence, massive time sink, but I most certainly had a lot of fun. King Behemoth at 10AM after Fafnir around 5AM, those were the times.

And I don't think SanaeB has difficulty with UFOs. You never really need to worry about using them to survive since Sanae nukes the enemies during stages herself.

Ah, true, that makes sense, of course, needing UFOs is a result of not being able to clear large amount of enemies in time, after all.

Guess I should check out the Shot-type thread sometime soon, though.

Zap

• Embodiment of Lightning
  • Shocking, isn't it?
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2011, 08:49:44 AM »
Let it be known that I am not very skilled in Touhou, so the most I can hope for is a 1CC on Normal. With that said...

#(&^^#(&*^%#*(&#()*%#&^*!!!  >:(

I get so close to finally beating EoSD on Normal, SO CLOSE! I had one of the most successful runs up to about late stage 4, and even then I was doing decent. But I ran out of lives at Remila's 2nd to Final spell card!!! Argh!!!

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2011, 08:59:15 AM »
Yes I think the title is a FFXI reference. Possibly playing on the fact that FFXI being an online game induced a good deal of rage in FF fans. (Though I gave up on the series after playing FFVII for about a week.)

VII is stupid easy. Play FFX and don't do any grinding and be happy.[/quote]

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2011, 06:13:30 PM »
I think I'm just sick of both PCB and EoSD...I can't find any fun in them. The only thing left for me to do in PCB is to beat Yukari with MarisaB which I should probably go and do but I just don't feel like it. In EoSD I should go and defeat Flandre with the same shot-type without the use of the Starbow Break safespot but the stage is frustrating me so much that I don't want to right now. PCB Hard is too difficult. EoSD Lunatic is beyond my standards. I don't want to try out any special challenges like a no-death/pacifist/perfect run of any stage.
I can't wait for IN to arrive, seriously. I need more variety.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2011, 06:40:38 PM »
VII is stupid easy. Play FFX and don't do any grinding and be happy.
FFIX is the better game, play that at Level 1 and get the Excalibur II and be happier.
FFX has those stupid unskippable cutscenes of DOOM.

Mmm, I'd say more of them were foiled by her first survival card, but Suwa War is indeed a real pain. My suggestion is to stay at the top for as long as possible. As far as I know, as long as you stay up there no suns will spawn where you are, so you only have to move down once they explicitly become aimed at you.
I'm consistently getting to at least Froggy Braves the Elements, and I'm getting better at the first survival, but I still only get each of the survivals about 1/4 of the time with ReimuB.  That's the strategy I used for Suwa War anyway, but I still got trapped twice due to the worst luck I've seen on it (and nearly 4 times, but I got out of it the first 2 times).  I kept going and got Mishaguji-sama, so I'll probably perfect the stage after I get both survivals...whenever that is.

EDIT: Which is NOT now.
3 stage portion errors, followed by Long Arm and Long Leg by finding out the lasers have hitboxes about a pixel bigger then the sprite.

DOUBLE EDIT:
I think I'll be failing at least once on every spell...I really hope I'm wrong about that for Mishaguji-sama though, I don't know if I could bear to get both survivals in the same run as everything before them twice.
CHOKE ON MISHAGUJI-SAMA
Now I'm really pissed because I actually got both survivals in the same run and didn't fail the stage at all this run and it had my best score after the stage and that Moriya's Iron Ring capture was epic and I died twice to the last spell in really stupid clips and  I can do this because now I've captured all pairs of spells in the same run I just have never captured her last 3 in a row before.

Zil

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2011, 01:10:55 AM »
I think I'm just sick of both PCB and EoSD...I can't find any fun in them. The only thing left for me to do in PCB is to beat Yukari with MarisaB which I should probably go and do but I just don't feel like it. In EoSD I should go and defeat Flandre with the same shot-type without the use of the Starbow Break safespot but the stage is frustrating me so much that I don't want to right now. PCB Hard is too difficult. EoSD Lunatic is beyond my standards. I don't want to try out any special challenges like a no-death/pacifist/perfect run of any stage.
I can't wait for IN to arrive, seriously. I need more variety.
In all seriousness, you should play the post PoFV games (MoF, SA, UFO). They are zillions of times better.

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2011, 01:53:20 AM »
I'm really looking forward to playing SA because it's one of my favourite games. However I've decided to get the games in order and I'm sticking with that.
The only exceptions to this rule are going to be the "mid-games" such as SWR and STB, and PoFV. The latter just isn't really my style and I want to get good at the main shooters before I go on to the others.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2011, 03:10:54 AM »
In all seriousness, you should play the post PoFV games (MoF, SA, UFO). They are zillions of times better.
MoF is my favorite, followed by IN.
Imperishable Night also lasts the longest due to spell practice if you decide to get a 222/222 history.
Ten Desires...not so much because I captured some 110 of the 127 spells in 5 or less tries, and only 4 took 10+ (Mamizou's overdrive, Mamizou's final, Yoshika's final, and Seiga's overdrive)

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2011, 06:19:54 AM »
Marine Benefit Extra Boss's survival with the walls.

Why am I still gapping away all of the bullets when I'm telling myself not to...?

SuperParadox

• Thanks for letting me tag along guys...
  • ...But mom said I have to be home by 8!
    • Artwork from the future's past [Pixiv]
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2011, 07:57:14 AM »
EoSD stage 6, Normal, No focus. I got perfect untill the last spell card and got game over.

PCB Hard going for a no bomb no death run. Oh no Alice showed up on the screen! Better bomb even though she hardly started to attack. Wat.

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2011, 02:29:18 PM »
Glimmer, what Zil said.
EoSD and PCB lose value after short times of play and the motivation to retry is SOOOO low.
I seem to spiral on these.
I make a derpdeath at Letty or Chen, and by the time I'm done I'm colliding with pre-Chiruno Kedama.
.\/.
Also
FUCK EXTRA KEINE
AND FUCK KANAKO'S HAXXINESS
Hard 1ccs
Completed: IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Extra 1ccs
Completed: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2011, 05:02:21 PM »
Well FUCK.
So yesterday my computer randomly turned off for some reason while I had the main menu for PCB up on the screen. Yesterday I went to watch a replay and noticed that the spell card history for every card in the run said 0/0 but I didn't think much of it. Just now I opened the game to play stage 5 Hard and suddenly realised that the stages hadn't been unlocked; I could only play stage 1 in practice. I went back to the title screen and saw that Extra and Phantasm were locked again. And then I went to my spell history and, surprise surprise, everything was gone. The only things that survived this were my replays which is relieving, but it's so annoying that I have to go and beat Normal with every character, capture the 60 cards to face Yukari, do everything again from scratch. I had to do this once before when I screwed up something in the game files - I was trying to install the English patch and ended up deleting the BGM and a couple of other things leading me to having to install the game again. I managed to get back to where I had left off but to do it again? This is just unfair.
I just don't know what happened.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2011, 06:31:57 PM »
Well, so much for that idea.

That idea being a UFO 90 FPS normal clear, because I *finally* 1cced to Flying Fantastica and died to the first phase.  Screw that, I'm never beating UFO on a higher FPS, it isn't worth it due to THAT monstrosity at the end.  Stupid bombs not clearing bullets...Maybe if the bomb cleared bullets I could do it, but since they don't I'm giving up on that.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2011, 08:38:53 PM »
So I just had a 1D Koishi.

Up to Genetics.

I lost four lives on Genetics.

And it was my first time getting to her survival. Of course, I proceeded to die on the third phase. Wheeee.

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2011, 11:49:53 PM »
Hmm, I haven't beat Yukari for a while, let's play that.

(clear 1/2 with 5 spells captured)

Okay what the fuck. I nearly perfected this fight like 3 times. I've been playing too much TD.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2011, 05:55:10 AM »
>Doesn't play Touhou in three months
>Proceeds to Sanae A UFO Lunatic
>Lose only 2 lives up to stage 5
>Proceed to get raped by Shou

I'm not that mad.... really.
 :colonveeplusalpha:

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2011, 07:18:33 AM »
SanaeA Normal UFO 1cc attempt. Finally I understood the rage that is losing your last live when Byakuren's exploding.

(On the other hand, I really should stop being so cocky in stage 5 after getting a near perfect on it with SanaeB)

Zil

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2011, 07:41:52 AM »
Game over to Legendary Flying Saucer. I died twice to the butterfly spell, with bombs in stock. At least it has become apparant that I can do this if I don't play like an idiot. Lost three bombs and a life to Aura of Light. :fail:

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2011, 07:59:06 AM »
SanaeA Normal UFO 1cc attempt. Finally I understood the rage that is losing your last live when Byakuren's exploding.

(On the other hand, I really should stop being so cocky in stage 5 after getting a near perfect on it with SanaeB)
I have never once double KOed the whole game.  I've died as the boss is exploding a couple times, only once at the very end (90 FPS SA normal) and always with a life in stock.

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2011, 10:57:48 AM »
Lost three bombs and a life to Aura of Light. :fail:

Three bombs and a life is a lot. It shouldn't take more than a bomb to kill the attack, what happened.

Zil

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2011, 11:34:20 AM »
Two of the bombs were lost with the first life. The third was used after I came back because I put myself in a box. The run was ugly in as many ways as you can imagine; the fact that it made it all the way to LFS is proof that I can win this. I hit a fairy right at the end of Nue in stage 4, again with one or two bombs in stock, thus missing the extra life. That alone could be said to have cost me the run, or any one of the other abysmal failures throughout.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2011, 11:51:40 AM »
Two of the bombs were lost with the first life. The third was used after I came back because I put myself in a box. The run was ugly in as many ways as you can imagine; the fact that it made it all the way to LFS is proof that I can win this. I hit a fairy right at the end of Nue in stage 4, again with one or two bombs in stock, thus missing the extra life. That alone could be said to have cost me the run, or any one of the other abysmal failures throughout.

If you made it there, you can definitely win, absolutely positively. In the end, how far you get depends on how many mistakes you make, every little thing can add up, but at the same time one mistake can help you relax and ease off the tension, at least that's how it is with me, which is why I find it hard to calculate the overall success of a run if I include all mistakes, since mistakes aren't necessarily a bad thing if they allow me to step up my game by becoming less tense.

Granted, I found UFO to be more than unique with LFS. I don't really know if it's just the first game where I actually noticed it, but Byakuren is terrible with all the invincibility and damage reduction she gets during her last two Spellcards. If you die, you're invincible for roughly 6-7 seconds, but during that timeframe, Byakuren also takes damage like she's covered in steel plates. Same with the 1 second of invincibility after a Bomb (though it's less noticable there).

As a result, I found that living through LFS is not guaranteed with more resources - taking other last Spellcards into consideration, I'd definitely put the way LFS works into the same category as VoWG. If you can do it, you'll live, but if you can't, no resources on earth will help you (see me getting there with two Extra Lives and still getting my ass kicked despite not dying with Bombs in stock. Granted, I did terribly there, so I kind of deserved it, but you usually expect to win if you get to the last Spellcard with so many resources).

Due to that, I always thought it was kind of tough to have so much depend on how well you can handle that one Spellcard, but that's probably the purpose of last Spellcards anyway.

Either way, keep it up, you can definitely do it!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 12:00:18 PM by Lepetit89 »

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2011, 11:52:58 AM »
So I decided on doing Yukrai today.

A few runs later...

Deaths... so... stupid...

I want to slam my head into something right about now. Like, badly. Clipdeaths to TWO NON-SPELLS, Ran Yakumo and the first goddamn wave of the survival card do NOT cut it.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2011, 10:53:03 PM »
ok...
I know I haven't played the stage in a couple days...
so I get that I'll fail the stage a few times (green all direction spam once before a successful run to Suwako)...
and I get that means I'm out of practice at her first spell, causing me to mess it up and have to dodge through the spam...
but that doesn't mean I should die to Moriya's Iron Ring by moving into a stationary bullet.
and then I can't even get to Kanako, except once more where I died to the same green spam in the stage from a bullet behind a point item.

« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2011, 12:04:45 AM »
Rakumo Ran has just done something absolutely unforgivable. For 30 minutes straight has she exposed my mind to an untold level of completely unavoidable killbull. The final photo of 8-7 in Shoot the Bullet, you know - the gay inferior version of Double Spoiler which is a greater game by virtue of being easier and with less retardedass bullshit.

Ran's 8-5... ughh. Why the heck is it impossible to move through that wall! I know I can just move around the circle and dodge the bullets as I go but what If i by some mere chance doesn't the fuck feel like it?@!

Fuck Christmas, its 1AM right now and I am pissed as fuck.

(Please someone reply to this and they will get the secret behind this post)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2011, 12:11:07 AM »
Rakumo Ran has just done something absolutely unforgivable. For 30 minutes straight has she exposed my mind to an untold level of completely unavoidable killbull. The final photo of 8-7 in Shoot the Bullet, you know - the gay inferior version of Double Spoiler which is a greater game by virtue of being easier and with less retardedass bullshit.

Ran's 8-5... ughh. Why the heck is it impossible to move through that wall! I know I can just move around the circle and dodge the bullets as I go but what If i by some mere chance doesn't the fuck feel like it?@!

Fuck Christmas, its 1AM right now and I am pissed as fuck.

Alright...

RAN WANTS ALL YO YENS. o/\o
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2011, 12:11:43 AM »

Since I'm about to go to bed, why not. I liked 9.5, music never got old, too, despite taking more than 9000 photos for my first 9-6 clear, that's what you get for refusing to take photos from far away.

Regardless, are you playing Ultra again? Thought 8-5 was bad enough as it is, Aya's waaaay too fast for that. Now tell me what made you post this.

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2011, 12:57:39 AM »
Regardless, are you playing Ultra again? Thought 8-5 was bad enough as it is

A bit yes and its fucking impossible. I have no clue why I am playing this fuckness. As for the backstory about how that post came to be;  While listening to this, a friend and me was playing Double Spoiler on each our laptops clearing high level scenes I got some manly tears about 8-5 out of my dude, that I really needed to make a parody of because I'm a troll like that.

I had no issues at all with 8-5. I died a few times but its not really that bad. As for 8-7, that attack my bitch. Seriously speaking, is there any smart trick you can do on the final phase other than stream and get lucky that Ran doesn't spawn stuff on your hitbox?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2011, 04:27:51 AM »
Some 20-30 tries at MoF extra today, 4 got to Suwako.  I failed once each to her first 4 spells on those runs.
This is really getting on my nerves now.

Zil

« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2011, 05:08:01 AM »
Some 20-30 tries at MoF extra today, 4 got to Suwako.  I failed once each to her first 4 spells on those runs.
This is really getting on my nerves now.
If you're trying to perfect the stage (this applies especially with extras), my advice is to just try casualy a few times each day. Otherwise you end up sinking hours into it, often doing worse each time, and getting too much rage out of it. Suwako in particular, everything's easy until those suvivals right at the end.