Author Topic: [Music] A Newbie's Replication - Welcome to the Moon Tour (Korg M01)  (Read 3477 times)

AndromedaFlame

• The Enemy's Gate is Down
So, hello, people of MotK. My infinite search for the perfect reproduction of ZUN's musical style has now lead me to your boards, and I must say, it is great here. So I thought, what better way to introduce myself than with a little music?

Anyway, as I had said, reproducing the style is a major goal of mine, and I have worked hard to gather the pieces for it. However, last year's release of the Korg M01 Workstation for the DS presented an opportunity for simple reproduction in a neat little package. So, I present the first project I did with this software. Even though this is from a few months ago, this is still the best piece I've done on the M01 so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vforv75fiPQ

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: [Music] A Newbie's Replication - Welcome to the Moon Tour (Korg M01)
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 04:33:30 PM »
Nice! I'm trying to recommend this to a friend who has the DS-10.
IIRC it is a compressed version of the Korg M1, but I'm not entirely sure (Roland/Yamaha user here).

Neat arrange I'll say.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

AndromedaFlame

• The Enemy's Gate is Down
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 04:09:29 AM »
Thanks, guys.

Nice! I'm trying to recommend this to a friend who has the DS-10.
IIRC it is a compressed version of the Korg M1, but I'm not entirely sure (Roland/Yamaha user here).

Neat arrange I'll say.

Yes, I have the DS-10+ as well, though, I don't use it as much. The M01 works just like the M1, but with a piano roll and many, many more instrument presets. Unfortunately, only being able to have eight tracks at once is quite limiting...

But, limits tend to bring out the best creativity...

Spaztique

• Writer, Animator, Easy Mode Advocate
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 10:30:34 AM »
Amazing work there, coming from a guy who does remakes and a fan of KORG (all of my hardware synths are KORG). I have so little criticism that I'll just say it's good enough to not merit any.
Making Touhou music and actually-pretty-decent Walfas animations since 2011!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 01:14:17 PM »
Yes, I have the DS-10+ as well, though, I don't use it as much. The M01 works just like the M1, but with a piano roll and many, many more instrument presets. Unfortunately, only being able to have eight tracks at once is quite limiting...
Ah. Well, 8 tracks isn't terrible considering Garageband on iPad also has 8 tracks max. If I had a DSi (or if I could've bought one from my brother due to him having a 3DS) then I'd go for this and the DS-10+ in a heartbeat despite the M01's rarity outside amazon.co.jp.

It also seems you're on a DSLite. I know the DS-10+ uses the DSi's extra hardware to generate more channels, so....

Only major drawaback of these DS synths, I'd say, would be the lack of MIDI connection to other devices, but I'm not entirely sure about this.

But, limits tend to bring out the best creativity...
Certainly they do! *looks at Tim Follin's and Kazuo Hanazawa's work on 8 and 16-bit systems*

Amazing work there, coming from a guy who does remakes and a fan of KORG (all of my hardware synths are KORG). I have so little criticism that I'll just say it's good enough to not merit any.
Which Korg synths do you have and recommend? I've amassed a few Roland (SD-20, SD-90 (AKA ZUN's tool of choice), SC-8850) and a Yamaha (MU1000 EX) synths over the summer, and was considering getting a few Korg modules too (whether it be to complement MIDI modules such as the above ones I got or actual synths such as the Motif and Fantom).
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 01:17:29 PM by CHEN Guerilla Warmongers »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_