Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 207222 times)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire
« Reply #240 on: August 16, 2011, 10:58:50 PM »
On a not Lunatic/Ultra/Overdrive level of masochism, Goose Cannon timeout on youtube.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #241 on: August 16, 2011, 11:00:04 PM »
Also. Now that I'm here, has anyone succeeded in timing out Royal Clans Chaotic Dance on Lunatic? It looks like it could develop into a wall fest but if someone has done it and have saved a replay of it, I would love to see it.
You could cheese it

« Reply #242 on: August 16, 2011, 11:28:34 PM »
TD extra cleared after a night of hard grinding.

That was freaking ridiculous. If anyone ever bitches about Genetics again after THAT spell, I'll be amazed.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Formless God

« Reply #243 on: August 16, 2011, 11:33:34 PM »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #244 on: August 17, 2011, 12:27:16 AM »
Genetics

Genetics Genetics Genetics Genetics Genetics Genetics Genetics
is still harder than all of the Extra boss's cards.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock

ark

• みょん
« Reply #246 on: August 17, 2011, 02:19:40 AM »
TD extra cleared after a night of hard grinding.

That was freaking ridiculous. If anyone ever bitches about Genetics again after THAT spell, I'll be amazed.
What spell? The 8th one?

« Reply #247 on: August 17, 2011, 03:08:05 AM »
I've been trying to timeout the extra stage's midboss's third spellcard in Ultra mode; so far my best attempt (link spoils the boss's identity) has the timer down to 20 seconds. This looks like a tricky misdirection exercise, much in the style of the stage 4 boss's overdrive spellcard, although there are comparatively more random elements. It's great fun though; I'd like to see some other timeout attempts!

ark

• みょん

« Reply #249 on: August 17, 2011, 08:12:29 AM »
What spell? The 8th one?

Yeah, the eighth one. One giant clustermess.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #250 on: August 17, 2011, 09:09:51 AM »
Yeah, the eighth one. One giant clustermess.
Yeah, it's hard. Here's how I approach it. I still fail it a lot of the time, but I can't think of anything that would make it significantly easier. Key things to note:
  • The first time I'm at the right side, I stop just before the edge and wait there until the last moment, when I jump all the way to the edge to make it easy to get through.
  • The second time I'm moving to the right, I make sure to stay off the bottom so that I have room to go under the first group of bullets that pass me when I'm going back to the left.
Replay was done with Marisa, who takes the longest on this card. (Her missiles aren't as effective as usual because the boss keeps moving.) This wouldn't work very well if it took 2 more seconds to kill (say if you're not at full power), as the boss moves all the way into the bottom right corner. In that case you could maybe try moving ahead of her and then up to survive a bit longer; you might be able to get a few more seconds under the boss that way. Something along the lines of this.

I wonder how hard this card ultimately is to timeout.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 09:20:04 AM by Nereid »

« Reply #251 on: August 17, 2011, 09:46:48 AM »
You could cheese it

Hmm. Interesting. Will not use that strategy myself though. That boss doesn't need to get easier.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #252 on: August 17, 2011, 12:06:14 PM »
Finally managed to figure out Satori's first Spellcard on Lunatic, no idea if this approach is common, but this puts a big load off my chest. Makes me wonder why it took me so long to figure it out.

Also, found a copy of TD on Mandarake! If my order got through before it sold out, I might be able to play TD much earlier than I had planned, so I'll probably squeeze the Hard Mode between SA and UFO Lunatic, then finish everything with TD Lunatic. Hoping this works out!

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #253 on: August 17, 2011, 12:19:55 PM »
Capped the TD stage 5 midboss Overdrive spell after applying the new patch.
I have now cleared all of the Overdrive spells and unlocked everything in the game.
Spoiler:
Except all the alternate endings.

Formless God

« Reply #254 on: August 17, 2011, 12:40:49 PM »
Hurr, timed out the survival. This thing hurts my brain.

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #255 on: August 17, 2011, 01:02:56 PM »
I wonder how hard this card ultimately is to timeout.

Very easy.  Did it on my 2nd no focus attempt  :V

Genetics is much harder than this thing.

...although I still have yet to actually beat the Extra stage.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #256 on: August 17, 2011, 05:30:15 PM »
I've been trying to timeout the extra stage's midboss's third spellcard in Ultra mode; so far my best attempt (link spoils the boss's identity) has the timer down to 20 seconds. This looks like a tricky misdirection exercise, much in the style of the stage 4 boss's overdrive spellcard, although there are comparatively more random elements. It's great fun though; I'd like to see some other timeout attempts!

Got it.
Yeah, this gets pretty interesting towards the end. Fun card.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #257 on: August 17, 2011, 06:22:55 PM »
I finally confirmed a suitable scoring path through TD Stage 6 with Reimu. Being able to collect enough life parts for that 18 piece Extend is actually a lot more precise than I thought it would be. Now the trick is actually remembering all of this stuff during a full run.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #258 on: August 17, 2011, 06:37:22 PM »
I dunno how many people have 1cc'd 10D lunatic already, but I'm plugging away at my own pace and settling into practice mode to hone my skills while waiting for the English patch. I'm starting to get the hang of stage 4, finally beating it without dying. It's much more difficult than I thought it'd be at first...I figure if I give up on trying for the seventh life on the grounds that I'd waste more resources getting it than it'd give me, I think I can begin to formulate a strategy that may pull me through this resource-starved game.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #259 on: August 17, 2011, 06:45:33 PM »
I dunno how many people have 1cc'd 10D lunatic already, but I'm plugging away at my own pace and settling into practice mode to hone my skills while waiting for the English patch. I'm starting to get the hang of stage 4, finally beating it without dying. It's much more difficult than I thought it'd be at first...I figure if I give up on trying for the seventh life on the grounds that I'd waste more resources getting it than it'd give me, I think I can begin to formulate a strategy that may pull me through this resource-starved game.
If you can find a way to use Trance on most of the parts with bomb/life fairies, that life is actually more reachable than you think. Then again, you'll probably only reach that last life near the very end of the game, so it may or may not be worth it.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #260 on: August 17, 2011, 08:54:11 PM »
10D Extra clear Reimu
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=15347

Blargh 529 attempts, 7hrs. Wow. Can't imagine I pressed restart so many times.
At least I'm getting more comfortable with it, and it's actually fun to play, not agonizing like stage portion of UFO.
The most important thing was resource managing and some luck so no death until the 8th card

Bombed liberally on 6th and 7th card.

Didn't bother to figure out a strategy for that 8th card - basically death tranced right through it and then bomb.
Probably wouldn't even have needed that bomb if I didn't derp the nonspell before and instead died in the middle of the spell.

Dying at the very beginning of the survival was really unexpected, to understate it :V
However, thanks to v1.00c patch, no more need to bomb to prevent crash, leaving plenty resources for last card.

I wonder if it's possible to reach the 12-piece extend...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 08:59:25 PM by Kanon »

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #261 on: August 17, 2011, 10:03:03 PM »
Fairy Wars Ultra is completely ridiculous lol. 

C1 1cc. It evens out a bit that you can get a lot more resources with regular freezes of like 97%.  :V

« Reply #262 on: August 17, 2011, 10:27:10 PM »
Been timing out Extra stage spellcards. Why are most of these harder than the Lunatic spells? I did 'desire' for a harder extra boss, and I'll give her this much - she's probably the most fun of the bunch. But really, I didn't want her to be harder than Lunatic. Considering that she's not THAT hard. But apparently a lot of her cards are harder to dodge than what can be found in Stages 4, 5 and 6 on Lunatic. What?

For me, the hardest part of getting the Lunatic clear is finding the motivation to go through the first three stages. Been playing those too much in the trial and they are really boring now.  :V

Also. Nice with that patch. How did ZUN miss the detail that the game would crash when clearing the survival spell?
ZUN? You didn't test your game before releasing it did you? Do you ever?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #263 on: August 17, 2011, 10:34:13 PM »
Fairy Wars Ultra is completely ridiculous lol. 

C1 1cc. It evens out a bit that you can get a lot more resources with regular freezes of like 97%.  :V

Wait, is this the first time you've played Fairy Wars?

WHY DOES NOBODY BUT ME LOVE FAIRY WARS? T_T
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #264 on: August 17, 2011, 10:52:00 PM »
There are so many reasons...

Also. No, Jaimers was like the first to get a Lunatic clear of it.

« Reply #265 on: August 17, 2011, 11:24:25 PM »
Also. Nice with that patch. How did ZUN miss the detail that the game would crash when clearing the survival spell?
ZUN? You didn't test your game before releasing it did you? Do you ever?

Too busy making Touhou 14.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #266 on: August 17, 2011, 11:34:02 PM »
If it means anything, at least I'm ironing out the reasons why I'm not completely refilling my Trance after Kogasa. I kinda have to correctly guess which way she'll go during her Spellcard, but that should be enough. I've also cemented what it takes for Reimu to get full Trance by the end of boss-Kyouko's first card. The fewer screwups in the early portions, the more time I can spend in the later stages, I say.

He's probably just returning to the game. I remember I stopped after getting an A-1 1cc and came back for the rest later.

But I like GFW too... I don't play it that much anymore, but I like it. Best side-game in the series if you ask me.

Formless God

« Reply #267 on: August 18, 2011, 12:20:50 AM »

Hi, Fairy Wars is my most favorite game in the series

Been timing out Extra stage spellcards. Why are most of these harder than the Lunatic spells? I did 'desire' for a harder extra boss, and I'll give her this much - she's probably the most fun of the bunch. But really, I didn't want her to be harder than Lunatic. Considering that she's not THAT hard. But apparently a lot of her cards are harder to dodge than what can be found in Stages 4, 5 and 6 on Lunatic. What?
more reasons for the youtube kiddies to scream EXTRA IS HARDER THAN LUNATIC LOL

Aaaaand Extra clear.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #268 on: August 18, 2011, 03:05:41 AM »
hey yo sup
Spoiler:
i got word from a lurker
you should totally take a look here
Spoiler:
I'm second-place
why would i have bothered trying to score in a game i don't like, etc.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #269 on: August 18, 2011, 03:08:54 AM »
I love GFW's Extra stage.