Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 258435 times)

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #840 on: August 29, 2009, 12:27:05 AM »
The following is what I do on IN extra:

Collect point items whenever I have an opportunity (which is all the time)

Capture as many spell cards as I can.

That's it. That's all you need to do to pass a billion in extra.

As for the main game, it's not impossible to pass a billion in stage 6 alone if you capture enough spell cards.

...Huh. Wait a minute. *launches IN*

Oh.

...Okay so it turns out I've passed a billion with Ghost team on normal, Yukari solo on normal, Border team on hard, and three seperate teams for Extra. So, uh, ignore what I said earlier, I have the memory span of a mentally handicapped goldfish, I guess. :V

I've still never reached 1.5 billion, though.
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #841 on: August 29, 2009, 12:58:41 AM »
Well, I've only reached 1.5 billion in 2 runs out of MANY attempts.

Also, I finally managed Byakuren's second non-spell. It turns out it IS just that: Streaming pseudo-aimed lasers and praying that you dodge the bullets.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #842 on: August 29, 2009, 01:20:04 AM »
1 billion is very easy to get in IN. I mean, I got over 1 billion with Remilia Solo on Easy, where reaching the time threshold is almost impossible on some levels.

I got 1,7 billion with Marisa Solo recently (on easy). I had managed to capture all of Kaguya's Last Spells. If you don't count easy, I've got 1,51 billion on Normal with Border Team.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

« Reply #843 on: August 29, 2009, 01:21:53 AM »
I just did abnormally well against normal difficulty Shou, who I've been having problems with. Two deaths (one stupid death on her first card, one clipdeath on her last card) and one bomb (I hate her damn Vajra card).

Bananamatic

« Reply #844 on: August 29, 2009, 01:43:36 AM »
Actually, what is so bad about SakuyaA?

Some people tell me that SakuyaB is much better, some that SakuyaA is cheap.....

ReimuB isn't bad, but I like my bombs better when they do damage. :)

Does she just suck or is SakuyaA pig bottom like MarisaBugged?

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #845 on: August 29, 2009, 01:56:29 AM »
Actually, what is so bad about SakuyaA?

Some people tell me that SakuyaB is much better, some that SakuyaA is cheap.....

ReimuB isn't bad, but I like my bombs better when they do damage. :)

Does she just suck or is SakuyaA pig bottom like MarisaBugged?

I wouldn't call her broken or anything like MarisaBugged, but her two main advantages are that she has homing which is actually powerful, and that she has four bombs per life, on top of which the bombs do can do pretty high damage to bosses, so you can essentially bomb-spam through a lot of the more difficult attacks in the game, which is why some people consider her cheap. Definitely the easiest to get a 1cc with... a 1cc with her is generally considered less skillful than with a shot type like Reimu B or Marisa A, which make you work for your 1cc.

SakuyaB's shot is a lot more powerful than SakuyaA if you know how to aim it properly, but it takes more skill to use. SakuyaB's bomb... actually I'm not really sure at all how you're supposed to use it, to be honest. From the few times I have used SakuyaB, I'm guessing the idea is that you use it defensively to clear out bullets and get time to shotgun enemies while it lasts (which is a really long time). I could be wrong, though.
Let's fight.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #846 on: August 29, 2009, 02:01:18 AM »
get time to shotgun enemies while it lasts (which is a really long time).
No, the reduction in damage is incredibly strong, making this point moot. Basically, all this bomb has is defensive uses. Hey, it works for me :V

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #847 on: August 29, 2009, 02:18:53 AM »
SakuyaB is designed for defensive bomb spam.
I don't remember if her power is any good or not, but at least it's better than SakuyA's if memory serves.
Her bombs mostly look pretty and allow you to pseudo-ubergraze.

SakuyA takes the element of "aiming" out of the game (hits all stage enemies unfocused, locks onto bosses focused) and gives you four decentish bombs per life entirely in exchange for meh damage and a horrible Cherry rate.

« Reply #848 on: August 29, 2009, 02:27:59 AM »
The following is what I do on IN extra:

Collect point items whenever I have an opportunity (which is all the time)

Capture as many spell cards as I can.

That's it. That's all you need to do to pass a billion in extra.

As for the main game, it's not impossible to pass a billion in stage 6 alone if you capture enough spell cards.

I cannot believe some people have trouble getting a billion on Imperishable Night's extra. My no-deaths clears net me a score of 1.84billion...

Anyway- after getting raped by MoF on lunatic... I have concluded that PCB is:
A: The easiest Touhou game.
B: The second easiest Touhou game-easiest being MoF.
C: I am just not doing something right....

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #849 on: August 29, 2009, 03:39:23 AM »
Finally managed to cap Hell God Sword, as well as Worldly Attachment Lunatic. That's all Youmu cards capped, which just leaves the two Prismriver cards and Resurrection Butterfly. :V
Let's fight.

Von Stein

• Just some insane airhead.
  • What's this newfangled stuff?
« Reply #850 on: August 29, 2009, 04:23:24 AM »
My personal list of 1cc's grows.

SoEW
Easy - Reimu A and B
Normal - Reimu B

PoDD
Easy - All (Forgot about those the last time. ^_^;; But it is only easy so...)

LLS
Normal - All

IN
Normal - Youmu solo

----------

Note to self...I hate familiars...

And congrats to all the people having *actual* accomplishments here. ^_^;;
Can't think of a good signature.
More lilies maybe?

nintendonut888

« Reply #851 on: August 29, 2009, 06:47:49 AM »
Wow. In this random play of PCB stage 6, I "captured" the ultimate bullet spam (first time without any slowdown to boot), and captured everything after Butterfly Delusion, meaning I beat the two hardest attacks in the stage at once (fairy spam and Resurrection Butterfly). Now if only I didn't completely screw up and die on each of Yuyuko's first three spell cards I'd have saved the replay. :P

Also, I managed to defeat lunatic Syou with only one death, due to me capturing her first two spell cards.

And I realized why lunatic Byakuren is SO hard:

4 non-spells

6 spell cards

One of these non-spells are trivial, and another isn't that difficult (her third). None of her spell cards are trivial (though I suppose if I can learn the correct movements Magical Butterfly may very well become trivial someday), one of these 6 is bomb resistant, and another is bomb immune. The bomb resistant one can still be reasonably easily beaten with one bomb. Her last spell card by nature has deaths sneak up on you due to how hard it is to read the openings and judge if you can make an opening.

So assuming you trivialize those two non-spells, use only one bomb on her fifth spell card, and for the sake of convenience ignoring her final spell card, you have 7 attacks that are not trivial and can easily kill you. Each life has two bombs. This is 3 lives this boss will likely choke from you, and that's not factoring in her clip-death happy final spell card, whose last phase makes VoWG look like openings are as plentiful as bullets and can kill you any number of times.

So tl;dr: ARGH.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Hyper Dunk

• I'm a Double Dragon.
  • I will fight everyone.
« Reply #852 on: August 29, 2009, 06:58:18 AM »
Just 1cc'd PoFV on lunatic with Aya. Perhaps I should move to Extra now.

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #853 on: August 29, 2009, 07:08:32 AM »
* 1cc'd SA on Easy in his very first run of the full game

Wait, what?

...6 lives remaining. Oh, it must've been the game giving out too many lives.

PoDD - 1cc Easy
LLS - 2cc Easy (oh god, better change this soon)
MS - 2cc Easy 
TEoSD - 3cc Normal
PCB - 2cc Easy
PoFV - 1cc Easy
MoF - 1cc Easy
SA - 1cc Easy
UFO - 1cc Easy
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 07:13:32 AM by Nwbi »

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #854 on: August 29, 2009, 09:27:40 AM »
Think I'm gonna try to 1cc IN on lunatic next then, and get imba-many points! Then PCB extra after that. But yeah, getting alot of points in extra is easy, enemies drop shitloads of point items and your graze count will be insane no matter how bad you are.

Ooh and I just capture appolo 13 (hard) and unlocked Heaven Spider's Butterfly-capturing web. Now THAT is a cool spell!
And w00t just captured appolo 13 on lunatic aswell during a full run, I thought it was supposed to be but hard
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 10:52:10 AM by Kawaii Yokai »

Bananamatic

« Reply #855 on: August 29, 2009, 01:35:11 PM »
Ok, so since SakuyaA is cheap and requires no skill, I've tried Extra and Phantasm with ReimuB.....
Extra - 2 lives left.
Phantasm.......finished with 4 lives, better than any SakuyaA run I've had :V

4 misses, 2 of these in stage.....never really bothered to learn the stage patterns.

« Reply #856 on: August 29, 2009, 05:34:16 PM »

One of the many effects of summoning a UFO during a Spell Card.

What are we supposed to be looking at? The fact that you're outside the lasers?
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #857 on: August 29, 2009, 05:54:33 PM »
I love how sanae looks when she's flying... makes me want to desperately press left/right all the damn time >_>
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #858 on: August 29, 2009, 07:15:51 PM »
I just capped Pseudo Stradivarius, which makes all Prismriver cards capped and brings me to 140/141. That just leaves Resurrection Butterfly 80%... @_@

EDIT: Huh, just cleared it only being hit once. Maybe this won't take as long as I thought. Then again, I said that about VoWG Lunatic. Also lol, on that run I capped all five of Yuyuko's first five cards and I STILL failed everything else badly enough to finish at 2/3.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 07:48:19 PM by Sapz »
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

« Reply #859 on: August 29, 2009, 07:47:40 PM »
I just capped Pseudo Stradivarius, which makes all Prismriver cards capped and brings me to 140/141. That just leaves Resurrection Butterfly 80%... @_@

Do what I did: Politely ask Yuyuko if she could please let you capture her spell card once. Worked for me.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #860 on: August 29, 2009, 08:11:40 PM »
Do what I did: Politely ask Yuyuko if she could please let you capture her spell card once. Worked for me.

Huh, well, I'll give it try, although I fully expect her answer to be something along the lines of 'lol, no'. Also what the hell I just got hit by the very first wave of red butterflies and then I dodged the whole rest of the card. <_<
Let's fight.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #861 on: August 29, 2009, 09:00:03 PM »
Finally 1cc'd EoSD Normal.

Oh well... Only SA and UFO to go on Normal.

Though I bet I'll 1cc MoF Hard before these two.
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #862 on: August 29, 2009, 10:35:04 PM »

MoF Hard Cleared! Too bad Stage 4 desynched.

VoGW went so well. After 4 bombs, I dodged between amulets at the bottom of the screen about 5 times in a row, with at least one of those only by sheer luck (I lost track of my sprite in a wall of amulets).

That means : I DIDN'T DIE TO VOGW

Replay

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #863 on: August 29, 2009, 10:39:29 PM »
Finally 1cc'd EoSD Normal.

Congrats. Remi's final card is pretty tough, eh?

I DIDN'T DIE TO VOGW

That's impressive. I don't think I've ever cleared Virtue of Gind Wod.

But in all seriousness, congrats! :D
Let's fight.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #864 on: August 29, 2009, 10:45:19 PM »
Too bad Stage 4 desynched.
This is normal. To avert the issue, play it from S3 (speed it up if you want to skip) and it'll run just fine.

Yeah, you expected me to say
UFO 1cc Lunatic
didn't you?
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #865 on: August 29, 2009, 11:02:09 PM »
Too bad Stage 4 desynched.
This is normal. To avert the issue, play it from S3 (speed it up if you want to skip) and it'll run just fine.

Ah right. Now I MIGHT be able to record it, if the game decides not to lag during the recording.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #866 on: August 29, 2009, 11:19:13 PM »
HELL YEAHHH RESURRECTION BUTTERFLY 80% CAPTURED!

Finally, phew. And that brings me to 141/141 PCB spell cards captured. Booyah. :D

Now for something less stressful, like, err, VoWG Lunatic. <_<
Let's fight.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #867 on: August 29, 2009, 11:41:19 PM »
Practicing for now, 1cc can come later. Besides, it's more impressive if I can capture more in a run.

UFO Lunatic Stage 2 NDNB

Actually, I'm finding Kogasa rather fun now. Starting to hate Nazrin, and Ichirin can go die in a fire.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #868 on: August 29, 2009, 11:55:50 PM »
I reached Fujiyama Volcano.
I captured Xu Fu's.
I CAPTURED FLYING PHOENIX.
But I did horribly at Flaw of Forgiving Shrine, Honest Man's Death and Phoenix Tail.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #869 on: August 30, 2009, 12:49:50 AM »
Wellll, it's not quite VoWG, but I managed to get my first capture of Source of Rains Lunatic. :V
Let's fight.