Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 258444 times)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #660 on: August 24, 2009, 11:38:01 AM »
Expect Perfect Stage 5 from me very soon. Or, a 1-2 bomb clear since some of these dodges during the stage are UNBELIEVABLE, and I would rather bomb them away. Or just use SanaeB and take care of that mess.

"VoPB"UFO S5 SC4 at Lunatic, and random (hidden) notes.

Unfortunately, I misread basically every wave for AP2, and went screw this, bombed AP3 out of the way.

EDIT: What is wrong with Murasa's survival Spell Card? It looks alright to me.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 01:07:43 PM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #661 on: August 24, 2009, 01:14:45 PM »
Beat UFO extra.
Now I can watch a video of it to see how the **** you're supposed to do the survival card, rather than having 4 lives spare for it.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #662 on: August 24, 2009, 01:40:22 PM »
UFO Stage 6 Lunatic practice. I urge you to watch and see how easily I get walled on the stage. This is why I want to use MarisaB / SanaeB. This is why I would recommend them.

:V

Any help / brainstorming of Byakuren would be appreciated. Seeing as we're only a few weeks in or so, and "we're" this far in already.

EDIT: Getting closer I believe~
Hate clipdeaths though.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 01:50:39 PM by BaitySM »
<>

Yukkuri

« Reply #663 on: August 24, 2009, 01:59:06 PM »
And now for something that isn't UFO.  First capture of Scarlet Gensokyo.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #664 on: August 24, 2009, 02:47:57 PM »
And now for something that isn't UFO.  First capture of Scarlet Gensokyo.

Congrats!

And now, back to your regularly scheduled UFO News. :V

I just got to Hiziri's third spell card on Hard without continuing. A 1cc shouldn't take me too long now, especially if I ever actually manage to survive Stage 4 midboss Nue rather than die. It'd put me another two lives ahead, enough for the rest of Hiziri, methinks...
Let's fight.

« Reply #665 on: August 24, 2009, 02:58:01 PM »
Another diversion from UFO news.

I finally was able to get 10 million points in the first stage of EoSD on Hard.  Yay!  An actual run is still impossible for me though.  I just die to stupid things :(

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #666 on: August 24, 2009, 03:47:54 PM »

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #667 on: August 24, 2009, 03:52:34 PM »
I finally worked up enough intrest to play UFO again.

I died halfway through the first level on Normal and promptly lost intrest.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #668 on: August 24, 2009, 04:07:37 PM »
I've, err, come to the conclusion that UFO Hard is more difficult than PCB Lunatic. I just tried PCB Lunatic for the first time in months and got to Yuyuko's 4th spell card on my first attempt without continuing. I haven't ever grinded PCB Lunatic either or practiced any of its stages, whereas I've been grinding UFO Hard for the best part of a week (minus some time for EoSD Extra obv), and yet on my first attempt I get further through Yuyuko than I've ever gotten with Hiziri. <_<
Let's fight.

« Reply #669 on: August 24, 2009, 04:13:38 PM »
WTF.

In my first attempt since UFO came out, BAM. WHAT THE HELL. Two INSANE dodges and boom.
I'm not complaining but....
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. It just came out of NOWHERE. It was supposed to be a WARM UP RUN. I'm still in shock...

*sigh*

At last that monkey is off my back.  :D

Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4507
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #670 on: August 24, 2009, 04:40:00 PM »
WTF.

In my first attempt since UFO came out, BAM. WHAT THE HELL. Two INSANE dodges and boom.
I'm not complaining but....
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. It just came out of NOWHERE. It was supposed to be a WARM UP RUN. I'm still in shock...

*sigh*

At last that monkey is off my back.  :D

Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4507

Congrats, dude! That's pretty awesome. :D
Let's fight.

Bananamatic

« Reply #671 on: August 24, 2009, 04:57:57 PM »
Defeated Kaguya on Hard.
Not a real 1cc though as I had 5 lives instead of 3(7 is overkill tbh), but I could pull a normal 1cc as 1 death less and the results would be the same.

Atleast that now I can practice 6B.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #672 on: August 24, 2009, 05:05:20 PM »
I think most people would post this in the RAGE thread, but...
Got to Nue's survival card and actually survived the first half of the first part.
It isn't too bad and I might have survived it, but I had neither lives or bombs (fucking Multicolor UFO)
Compared to Philosophy of a Hated Person, it's way more fun.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 05:10:08 PM by VideoGameCrack »

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #673 on: August 24, 2009, 06:11:42 PM »
I HATE PATCHOULI
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #674 on: August 24, 2009, 06:21:19 PM »
I HATE PATCHOULI
Ex-Midboss Patchouli?
OH YEAH. SHE'S A BITCH.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #675 on: August 24, 2009, 06:48:28 PM »
no, i'm still at nornal / hard patchouli hahahahaha

i suck at stage 4 doesn't matter the dificulty.

i've had a 1 death run on easy, 1 death on stage 4 =/
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #676 on: August 24, 2009, 07:24:37 PM »
Flying Fantasia, kiss my ass!
BECAUSE I FINALLY CAPTURED YOU!

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #677 on: August 24, 2009, 08:23:37 PM »
I managed to capture all of Kogasa's cards in one attempt. Not really major, but still a first, and I'm happy about it.

Bananamatic

« Reply #678 on: August 24, 2009, 08:44:58 PM »
Tried IN Lunatic.....almost captured Genealogy of the Sky-Born(clipped something just as she exploded), captured Game of Rising(both first attempt)
Unlocked Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana, captured in 14 attempts. Go me. :V

Now if I could capture that stupid train card on NORMAL.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #679 on: August 24, 2009, 08:55:43 PM »
HELLLLLLLL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SCREW YOU AND SCREW YOUR LEGENDARY FLYING SAUCER, HIZIRI, UFO HARD 1CC'D!

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan that was tense. I went into her final card 1/0 and died AND used my two bombs on the final phase and I STILL almost died again, third time lucky I guess. Seriously, Legendary Flying Saucer can go and screw itself, the final phase has killed me so often at crucial moments it's not even funny. I am not going to fight Hiziri again for at least a few more days. @_@

Aaaaand that brings me back to all the standard Touhou games 1cc'd on Hard mode, woo! :D

EDIT: Also, anyone have any clue what the reward message for Hard mode says? I'd like to know if there's anything else I can stick on my résumé. :V
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 08:59:20 PM by Sapz »
Let's fight.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #680 on: August 24, 2009, 09:06:40 PM »
Somehow managed to 1cc UFO easy with Marisa A.  I doubt I'll ever play that shot type again.  I can't deal with that screeching noise or the brightness of her options.  So that means I've cleared easy with 3 shot types now~
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Bananamatic

« Reply #681 on: August 24, 2009, 09:10:27 PM »
Somehow managed to 1cc UFO easy with Marisa A.  I doubt I'll ever play that shot type again.  I can't deal with that screeching noise or the brightness of her options.  So that means I've cleared easy with 3 shot types now~
Congratulations, Marisa A made me ragequit on stage 4.
Nonstop item rain, bullets AND that laser.....and even the need to chase UFOs.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
<>

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #683 on: August 24, 2009, 09:35:49 PM »
Normal 1cc'd with SanaeB.  Extra is largely broken with her.  ReimuA is horrible.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #684 on: August 24, 2009, 10:41:51 PM »
HELLLLLLLL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SCREW YOU AND SCREW YOUR LEGENDARY FLYING SAUCER, HIZIRI, UFO HARD 1CC'D!

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan that was tense. I went into her final card 1/0 and died AND used my two bombs on the final phase and I STILL almost died again, third time lucky I guess. Seriously, Legendary Flying Saucer can go and screw itself, the final phase has killed me so often at crucial moments it's not even funny. I am not going to fight Hiziri again for at least a few more days. @_@

Aaaaand that brings me back to all the standard Touhou games 1cc'd on Hard mode, woo! :D

EDIT: Also, anyone have any clue what the reward message for Hard mode says? I'd like to know if there's anything else I can stick on my r?sum?. :V

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

*cuts wrist again*

I guess I should "watch" these replays if I want a better idea of what to do, but whatever. Somehow this makes my MS lunatic 1cc insignificant...
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #685 on: August 24, 2009, 11:09:00 PM »
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

*cuts wrist again*

I guess I should "watch" these replays if I want a better idea of what to do, but whatever. Somehow this makes my MS lunatic 1cc insignificant...

Pssh, a MS Lunatic 1cc is still damn impressive. I doubt I could do that; I had enough trouble with MS Hard. And you're welcome to watch the replay but to be honest I don't know how much it'd help - the Official Sapz Guide to UFO Hard? is basically:

1. Hoard lives on stages 1-5.
2. Hoard bombs on stage 6.
3. Bomb anything you have any semblance of trouble with.
4. Pray.
5. Swear violently whenever you die.
:V
Let's fight.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #686 on: August 25, 2009, 12:30:10 AM »
Finally managed to get UFO Extra stage portion down to no deaths, one bomb, and it was on Kogasa's third card with around 20% health left.  Ye gods, SanaeB is utterly broken.

...except that she's not; UFO is, and she's the equalizer.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #687 on: August 25, 2009, 01:16:00 AM »
I beat Nue! :V

I capped the flashing UFO card and her last card this run, two cards I'm known to die, bomb, and die again on.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #688 on: August 25, 2009, 01:56:32 AM »
1cc of SA Easy! Six lives left at the end! I did have some slowdown from at least the Orin battle onward, but it wasn't that bad, and I can't help my computer being completely evil <.<; Still, major accomplishment, especially with the number of lives I had left.

Here's the replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4520

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #689 on: August 25, 2009, 04:50:06 AM »
I've decided I'm going to shy away from anything on UFO above normal until more people have beaten it and have good strategies.

With that, I've been making good use of my computer. In this playing session, I:

Beat IN stage 4a lunatic no deaths (not the first time, but still fun).

Died on the very last laser that could have killed me on SA stage 3. -_-

Captured Blazing Wheel and Uncontainable Nuclear Reaction without lag (I HATE Blazing Wheel and all other rhythm-based cards), also captured Peta Flare, yet somehow fucked up the Utsuho fight enough to clear with no lives left.

Accidentally timed out Small Demon's Revival no deaths or bombs. :V This spell card's not as bad as people make it out to be.

EDIT: YES! I just beat Syou on hard with only one death (second spell card walled me D:)! I also captured her first spell card for the first time! And later I captured Byakuren's fifth spell card! Still no luck with Kogasa's first or third on lunatic though... ;_; I swear, it wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to go through the boring as hell stage portion to get to Kogasa.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 05:50:29 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet