Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 258425 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #630 on: August 22, 2009, 09:31:20 PM »
A timeout of Everlasting Phoenix Tail. An excellent card for practicing UFO patterns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEyS7zag-9g&feature=channel_page

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #631 on: August 22, 2009, 10:37:01 PM »
A timeout of Everlasting Phoenix Tail. An excellent card for practicing UFO patterns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEyS7zag-9g&feature=channel_page
God I hate that pattern... You can't really see the top side of the hitbox of those flaming balls

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #632 on: August 23, 2009, 12:00:11 AM »
...O_O I beat Shou with seven lives left. I captured everything except her third, which I managed to only use one deathbomb on, and her final, which I had no mobs left to use on XD I think I can 1cc UFO! So what if it's Easy mode? <.< >.> The Stage 6 should be easy with the number of lives I have left now.

Bananamatic

« Reply #633 on: August 23, 2009, 12:05:01 AM »
...O_O I beat Shou with seven lives left. I captured everything except her third, which I managed to only use one deathbomb on, and her final, which I had no mobs left to use on XD I think I can 1cc UFO! So what if it's Easy mode? <.< >.> The Stage 6 should be easy with the number of lives I have left now.
I've entered Stage 5 with 8 lives and finished the game with 3 on Normal.....it's like the game is serving you an assload of lives just because it's harder than other touhous.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #634 on: August 23, 2009, 12:06:26 AM »
oh yeah

1cc'd UFO Easy with Reimu A because i was bored

and i'm now kicking myself because when i get to stage 6 on Normal i won't be prepared for the Normal version of Byakuren's spellcards :(

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #635 on: August 23, 2009, 12:08:40 AM »
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I managed to 1cc it with 3 lives left! This is my first 1cc ever apart from EoSD Easy!

Bananamatic

« Reply #636 on: August 23, 2009, 12:35:14 AM »
HOLY SHIT I DEFEATED NUE

Captured everything up to Danmaku Chimera(clipped it once), almost captured her black cloud crap, second time ever at rainbow UFOs and handled it pretty well.....suddenly, SURVIVAL.
Took it surprisingly well(first time I've reached it), don't remember whether I've died there or not but got to her final with 1 bomb and 2 lives.
Then it was up to the last stage of it, 1 life, 1 bomb.....blew the bomb early, then when I've seen the lifebar I've remembered my fail on Subterranean Rose....I was pretty much almost screwed by her final shitstorm, I was like OH SHIT and somehow I've magically dodged it all and she exploded.

I was shaking more than on my average dentist visit.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #637 on: August 23, 2009, 12:46:53 AM »
At long last! This computer works perfectly! It can run any Touhou game without slowdown! I can finally do all the things I want to! :D

My first test was LLS extra. The final slowdown was a mere 0.18%. One thing I noticed on all the games I played though is that the games are...smoother. I can't really explain it, it's not as though the bullets are shooting faster or anything, but they...move smoother. It was kinda disorienting, which is why I happened to suck in all the test runs I did on various games. Still...~
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #638 on: August 23, 2009, 01:10:15 AM »
My first test was LLS extra. The final slowdown was a mere 0.18%. One thing I noticed on all the games I played though is that the games are...smoother. I can't really explain it, it's not as though the bullets are shooting faster or anything, but they...move smoother. It was kinda disorienting, which is why I happened to suck in all the test runs I did on various games. Still...~
I understand the feeling.
When I went from 1/2 frames to full frame rate, I was like "wow, are things supposed to be this smooth?".  It felt like it was different, and I wasn't sure if it actually was...

And then I played Yuyuko's GOAST KNIVES and wished for the slowdown again. :(

Murasa and Ichirin still slow it down in places, though...

nintendonut888

« Reply #639 on: August 23, 2009, 02:03:25 AM »
Say, is it just me, or is there control lag in MoF at full frame rate...? At 1/2 frame rate (where I had it on my old computer), my movements were completely smooth, but when I set it to full Reimu's movements seem slightly delayed. I'm not sure if this is just an illusion or not, but I'd like to ask if I've just been playing it "weird."
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #640 on: August 23, 2009, 02:46:32 AM »
Anyway, this stage is fucking awesome. Seriously, this is probably the best stage since IN stage 4 powerful. :V
Really, because I find it to be worse than MoF stage 4 Lunatic.

Anyway, timed out Devil's Recitation Lunatic NDNB. Rest of the run went terribly and I gameover'd before even clearing Flying Fantastica, though. I'm really starting to hate almost all of stage 6 UFO Lunatic, a lot.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #641 on: August 23, 2009, 03:28:09 AM »
Say, is it just me, or is there control lag in MoF at full frame rate...? At 1/2 frame rate (where I had it on my old computer), my movements were completely smooth, but when I set it to full Reimu's movements seem slightly delayed. I'm not sure if this is just an illusion or not, but I'd like to ask if I've just been playing it "weird."
I get output lag. Use Vsync regardless of either input or output lag.

In other news, this:
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4483

EDIT: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4484
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 04:58:44 AM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #642 on: August 23, 2009, 05:35:04 AM »
Captured Kanako's last two spellcards on Easy. The first one is not worth remembering it's name. It's so slow you inevitably have to navigate in a clusterfuck of bullets because they just won't get out the screen.
MoF easy is bleh. Way too slow, and almost impossible to unfocus without clipping some random crap.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

nintendonut888

« Reply #643 on: August 23, 2009, 07:25:24 AM »
Just to prove I can do it again, LLS lunatic 1cc, now with a computer that can handle it...again! This was of course my best run ever, ending 3/2 (managed to beat Yuka's final phase with one death and no bombs...with Reimu A!). Sadly, I see that Vista doesn't appreciate my print screen ways, so I couldn't save an image as proof. :< Still, total slowdown was something like 0.52%, so I think that's proof enough that I'm good at the game~

Next up is MS lunatic, the one I REALLY need to work at and prove to myself I can do without slowdown. But that's for tomorrow. :D

nintendonut888

« Reply #644 on: August 23, 2009, 08:21:32 AM »
I successfully downloaded Applocale onto Vista! \o/ I can play EoSD without crippling controls again! I tell you, when I played EoSD without the vpatch because I hadn't installed Applocale, I realized just how unplayable the game was without it. There was NO precision at all.

And to be more on topic, in my celebratory run of EoSD stage 6 #273 (or something like that :V), I nearly captured Scarlet Meister. But I died on the last wave I needed to dodge, so I had to settle with another measly Scarlet Gensokyo capture. *kicks ground*

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #645 on: August 23, 2009, 09:15:52 AM »
UFO Extra, 2 deaths, no bombs.

Stupid mistakes on Kogasa's latter two spell cards, but otherwise a good run.  UFO Extra definitely isn't as hard as I gave it credit for on the first day, likely because on that first day I was sightreading everything and walked in with zero tricks up my detached sleeves.

The full stage no death/no bomb run is coming, even if I have to rage-vacation Touhou and come back to it in a few months like I did with MoF Stage 6.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #646 on: August 23, 2009, 10:27:15 AM »
Did you people complain about lasers?

Or were you complaining about these ones?

Syou's First Spell Card is static by the way. Then again, a fair few are. And some can be memorized so that they're essentially static.

EDIT: 1cc Hard.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 11:30:58 AM by BaitySM »
<>

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #647 on: August 23, 2009, 02:09:27 PM »
Beat Nue today for the first time. The same run also yielded the first capture of her shadow charge attack.

Now I have to do it with a shottype that doesn't trivialize half of her spellcards.  :V
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #648 on: August 23, 2009, 04:53:42 PM »
HOLY SHIT. I BEAT BYAKUREN ON HARD!
*shed's tears of joy*
I can now... have fun... with UFO again.

Edit: HOW DARE BAITY GET 1CC OF UFO ON HARD! Way to ruin my moment by out-achieving me...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 05:01:50 PM by BoLaD »

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #649 on: August 23, 2009, 06:52:32 PM »
Not a huge accomplishment as such, but my first 1cc attempt of UFO Hard with SanaeB got me to the beginning of stage 6, which is the first time I've beaten Hard mode Shou on my first continue. Died very soon after that, but beat Hiziri straight after my first continue. A Hard 1cc might not be far off, especially considering that I did absolutely terribly on Stage 4 on that run.
Let's fight.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #650 on: August 23, 2009, 07:03:01 PM »
EoSD Normal: Got to Remilia a couple of times... Will I never beat this game!?
PCB Hard: Got to Prismriver's first non-spell =P
IN Hard: Got to Marisa's last spell
MoF Hard: Got tired of getting to Kanako and dying to her
SA Normal: Still can't get past 4th stage... It's the one I practice the least.
UFO Normal: Got to 6th stage twice.
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #651 on: August 23, 2009, 08:01:31 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4494

UFO Extra Clear. It says "no" under "clear", but I cleared it. Dunno why it says that. I even downloaded the replay I uploaded and checked it, and yeah.

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #652 on: August 23, 2009, 10:52:27 PM »
Yes, I suppose. After all, I've never seriously tried Lunatic before and know next to nothing about Lunatic Play.

The first time I played a Touhou game was 2 months ago. I've only cleared TEoSD on Normal, and PCB and UFO on Easy (Though I did 1cc PoFV Easy before). I need more practice in this, like in everything else, I guess.
the first time i played a Touhou game was 9 months ago. i've never cleared anything on Normal.

dohoho
I've only cleared TEoSD on Normal
It's been six months, and I still can't do this.
YEEEAAAAAH (The books are rage. Always.)
EoSD Normal: Got to Remilia a couple of times... Will I never beat this game!?

Quite a few of people seems to be having this problem.

* Goes to play TEoSD on Normal again

* Cleared it again

... That wasn't hard.

Spoiler:
Though "Red Magic" is still... Grrrgh...

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #653 on: August 23, 2009, 11:19:24 PM »
Hahaha well everyone has a game they play better than others.

Today completes 2 months I've been introduced to Touhou.

I can get to Kanako on Hard pretty consistently, but i can't beat 3 games on normal yet.
EoSD, SA and UFO.

I die to very silly bullets... I still die on 3rd stage sometimes, 4th stage is guaranteed...

So yeah, i think EoSD Normal is harder than the previous games I've finished =P
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

nintendonut888

« Reply #654 on: August 23, 2009, 11:46:05 PM »
Did you people complain about lasers?

Or were you complaining about these ones?

Syou's First Spell Card is static by the way. Then again, a fair few are. And some can be memorized so that they're essentially static.

EDIT: 1cc Hard.

CURSE YOU!!!

Though I haven't even attempted a full run of UFO on this computer so yeah. :V

« Reply #655 on: August 24, 2009, 12:02:42 AM »
So....has anyone managed to legitimately 1cc UFO-Lunatic yet?
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #656 on: August 24, 2009, 04:57:24 AM »

Somehow, I managed to do these within five minutes of one another.

Suck it, UFO.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #657 on: August 24, 2009, 06:10:22 AM »
So....has anyone managed to legitimately 1cc UFO-Lunatic yet?
Give me until this Saturday.
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #658 on: August 24, 2009, 06:55:50 AM »
Is this the true power of MS lunatic?

How very disappointing!

1cc'd MS lunatic 1/1 my second try (I've got to stop being so paranoid and playing on max lives, because even if I get enough lives for it to count as default, 4/1 makes me feel like I'm cheating >_>), and this was a run where I got sniped by a bullet that blends in with the stage 2 background. Other than that (which is a pretty big "that" mind you), this went beautifully. Turns out the lack of lag, ONCE AGAIN, actually makes it easier for me to dodge. To top off this run though...

I BEAT YUMEKO'S LASER PHASE.

I don't even know how I did it, but two direction changes later I beat the uber fast BS part. I seriously wish I had started recording videos by now so I could record that, because I still don't believe it.

Speaking of which, I got the full version of Fraps from an anonymous donor completely legal methods, so I guess I should start trying to record videos soon. I'm going to hold off on recording lunatic runs of LLS and MS until the English patches come out though.

ebarrett

« Reply #659 on: August 24, 2009, 08:06:30 AM »
Beat SA's extra, which means all extras are finally cleared. Refusal to learn Ancestors Standing Beside Your Bed + chronic Sanae failures kept me from playing it for months - the first thirteen failed runs or so, back when I first beat SA's normal, featured a ridiculous 3/0/0 captures on Sanae's cards and a single run past Ancetors which ended at Polygraph.... numbers which immediately jumped to 7/3/3 vs Sanae after the first four runs today (her cards now feel almost completely trivial), and 100% against Ancestors since getting back to it because, really.

Rorchach can go to hell, by the way. The four times or so I played it, I died there with almost full energy... twice in two of the runs. Something about it makes me miss when I really, really don't expect. Apparently people complain a lot about Genetics of the Subconscious but 1. that card is just so much fun and 2. I'd probably be 2/2 against it if I didn't arrive at it both times with less than 2.xx energy.

Also, Subterranean Rose is more intimidating than the replays led me to believe, at least the first couple of times, specially the third phase (the first time I reached it, I got hit so hard by the roses I didn't even had a *late* deathbomb reaction). Great fun, though, and I got through it with only one deathbomb the second time. ("ok, so I am right where the previous run ended.... AND DOING THE EXACT SAME MISTAKE- *PEWNNNN*BOMB* phew")

Oh, and UFO's extra was cleared a few days ago in my third try, the blind run having ended in Danmaku Chimera which got me completely unprepared (after complete disaster at squiggly snaky lasers which is in fact the easiest part of the entire level) and the second run failing on the survival card's change from vertical to horizontal trickery (after realizing halfway through that I was screwed anyway because you don't get back any power during the Nue fight, so going for lives during the stage is stupid). The stage is so much fun, the same going for Kogasa's first two cards; wheel of fortune and most of the fight with Nue, less so.