Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 258088 times)

dustyjo

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #420 on: August 13, 2009, 12:48:39 PM »
Holy living fuck I got to stage 3 of PCB WITHOUT bombing on everything OR continuing

AND I captured all but 3 cards (mostly on Chen because she's a bitch)

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #421 on: August 13, 2009, 01:23:54 PM »
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #422 on: August 13, 2009, 03:36:39 PM »
1cc of PoDD Normal with Kotohime.  Yes, the game does pity you the more you lose to Yumemi someone, at least on lower difficulties.  She died on try 4 with both bombs in stock.

That leaves SoEW and HRtP for a clean sweep for Normal, and I'm pretending HRtP doesn't exist.  I've beaten SoEWind Normal already, so I'm fairly confident as soon as I stop getting randomly screwed over by the original game I can take it out.  And since PC-98 Hard mode doesn't seem to be much more difficult than Normal, I think I can sweep the Hard modes quickly - SA's the only Hard mode in the Windows series that I can't do at will.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #424 on: August 13, 2009, 06:17:05 PM »
1cc of PoDD Normal with Kotohime.  Yes, the game does pity you the more you lose to Yumemi someone, at least on lower difficulties.  She died on try 4 with both bombs in stock.

I really don't think so. The thing is that your chances are the same every time, and sometimes the AI will flub up and get hit twice in five seconds, even on lunatic. I've lost to Chiyuri (who is a complete nightmare on lunatic) over 10 times in a row, then proceeded to beat Yumemi on my first try.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #426 on: August 13, 2009, 11:08:32 PM »
And a 1cc of SoEW Normal with ReimuC.  Normal All Clear and moving up.

I think that was the worst experience I've ever had with Touhou that didn't have to do with me suddenly forgetting how to dodge bullets.  I'm not at all looking forward to doing it twice more with less firepower to unlock the Extra.  In the meantime, could someone hunt down the test players listed in the Credits and somehow rob them of their dignity?

Nice Credits music though.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #427 on: August 13, 2009, 11:15:08 PM »
I prefer the ending theme myself. Possibly my favorite song in the whole game.

Also, thanks for that video Baity. Now I know that that attack is just ridiculous for SoEW and to continue bombing it. :P
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #428 on: August 13, 2009, 11:21:55 PM »
The ending theme seems like it was supposed to be ironic more than anything tbh.

If the music was more refined I think the stage themes would be much more liked among PC-98 fans, because they're actually pretty good given what ZUN had to work with.
To contrast, the boss themes minus Complete Darkness are all horrible.  From the vids I've watched, that especially goes for EES's theme.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #429 on: August 13, 2009, 11:43:27 PM »
Also, thanks for that video Baity. Now I know that that attack is just ridiculous for SoEW and to continue bombing it. :P
Methodical, really. Swinging around unfocused (see: MS Extra run for example) is my specialty. Mind you, I personally think I stuck around the "top" of the screen for a bit too long.

...why did ZUN make the Final Stage (5) theme so long?

brb SoEW Lunatic practicing. I want to make this look as good as possible before recording.

There might also be a slight chance that the raw video data will go up as high as 80GB (if not higher) during the entire recording session. I swapped recording programs for supreme quality. I can definitely reduce it, but I need to somehow make (program) think that my window is 640x400; and not 640x640. It anchors itself to the program opened.

Alternatively, I could say, record Stage 1, stop recording, pause the game, make video, delete video data, etc. And that will be my solution.

...of course, there's points where it'll lag. Maybe. SoEW doesn't have that many bullets, so it shouldn't lag like the time last night where I tried to record Yumeko Lunatic  >_>

Speaking of which, I might need a more powerful PC to do that. Or disable Vsync and record at 30 FPS  :V
<>

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #430 on: August 14, 2009, 12:02:54 PM »
Finally beat PCB on Easy with Marisa A without continues, and with that I've cleared Easy with no continues with everyone. Next I'll try it on Normal with their other weapon types.

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #431 on: August 14, 2009, 01:44:33 PM »
Let it be known, far and wide, that I have beaten an Extra stage!

...now for Phantasm....

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #432 on: August 14, 2009, 06:37:12 PM »
I beat IN on easy with no continues!
...ok so I used 7 lives to start, but I ended with some at the end.
Good Ending #1!
Victory is mine!

Now which game to tackle next....

« Reply #433 on: August 14, 2009, 07:15:23 PM »
No-Vert random capture collection, including Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana, a few other last words, and some nasty attacks in lunatic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5hcRxmLzkA&fmt=22

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #434 on: August 14, 2009, 07:22:47 PM »
I beat IN on Normal only using one continue. I'm happy with at least getting that done.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #435 on: August 14, 2009, 09:23:16 PM »
No-Vert random capture collection, including Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana, a few other last words, and some nasty attacks in lunatic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5hcRxmLzkA&fmt=22
Ah yes, during that time, we did No-Vert for a lot of things.

Like this  <3
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4274
<>

Scooter1000

• Certified Danmaku Dodger
  • Doesn't post a lot.
« Reply #436 on: August 15, 2009, 12:54:12 AM »
I 1CC'd EoSD Normal for the first time, and just 10 minutes away from the release of UFO and 12.3.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #437 on: August 15, 2009, 12:58:34 AM »
Almost forgot! Yesterday, I 1cc'd the UFO demo, at last.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #438 on: August 15, 2009, 08:54:03 AM »
"PMBS" success rate now up to about 70-80%  :V

Also, just so everyone knows, I'll be doing a blind run of UFO Hard in about 1 week.

Certain circumstances are preventing me from playing UFO at the moment.
<>

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #439 on: August 15, 2009, 10:22:56 AM »
UFO Extra Clear

Spell Card Histories:

3/5
3/5
1/5

4/4
2/4
2/4
0/3 (I have no idea how to handle this one as of now.)
1/2
1/2
0/2 (I know how to do this one, but tend to make a dumb mistake since it takes a while to end.)
1/2
0/2 (This'll take a while.  It's very long, and I'm tempted to call it the hardest timeout card to date.)
1/1
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #440 on: August 15, 2009, 11:33:29 AM »
I acctualy got through two spell cards I normaly bomb or lose a life to when I was trying to beat EoSD on normal without continues. But I kept losing lives to stupid mistakes.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #441 on: August 15, 2009, 01:47:58 PM »
Beat UFO.

Was NOT expecting -that- out of the final boss...

...Now to 1cc.  I LOVE MARISA-A, BTW

« Reply #442 on: August 15, 2009, 02:54:37 PM »
UFO Extra Clear

Thanks for teaching me how to do her 2nd card :)

Extra Clear

Ain't pretty. Forgot how many cards I captured, but all I know is that I fall apart in the end. Although, I figured out how to do the spell card with the blue UFOs and the lasers (seems to be static, and I even mess up in killing one UFO that I don't need to, of which nearly kills me out of stupidity). Also captured the card where she follows you on the screen, and it's way easier than it looks. Way, way, way easier.

I was thinking of recording this and uploading it to YT, but I think I'll hold off for now. Maybe when I wake up tomorrow, I'll shoot for a no deaths run (or a 1 death run to that time out card. That thing will be fun.) Still a bit out of shape with this whole danmaku business though... I should probably play some Stage 3 PCB to practice  :V
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 02:56:38 PM by bjw »

« Reply #443 on: August 15, 2009, 03:45:16 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4287
UFO hard first clear(took 3 tries not counting redos due to death before stage 3), not gonna play Lunatic until I get a new computer and saving extra for future fun, probably gonna go play more hard.

Drake

« Reply #444 on: August 15, 2009, 04:00:42 PM »
UFO Normal 1CC

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #445 on: August 15, 2009, 04:07:49 PM »
UFO Normal 1CC
I can't do this...I got owned by stage 3 and stage 4...
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #446 on: August 15, 2009, 04:21:03 PM »
There, took out UFO Normal with MarisA.
I think I had something like seven lives going into Stage 6, and ended 0/0.  Now a correction:  Whatshername's third spell and her next-to-last spell are garbage, at least for non-ranged shots.

The Extra stage reminds me of what ZUN said about SA Lunatic:  "This difficulty is a joke.  Feel free to play while drinking."
The stage pretty much involved prayer to get through, but I cut through the boss's first four cards the first time I got to her (considering I was at 0.6/1 when I got to her...)  I shouldn't have died to her fifth card, but I got distracted by the pure awesomeness of the idea behind it.

Also, the sub-boss is a lot harder than she looks.  Her second and third cards are insane for the most bizarre reasons.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 04:23:33 PM by u? »

« Reply #447 on: August 15, 2009, 06:14:22 PM »
Yay, got rid of most of the slowdown (there's still a tiny bit of input lag but it's playable at least), and then 1cced normal right after.  Checking out Extra now...

« Reply #448 on: August 15, 2009, 06:20:54 PM »
Just cleared extra myself.  I had a hard time with it, but had a blast.

Kogasa can go die in fire though  :P

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #449 on: August 15, 2009, 06:40:38 PM »
Eh, almost 1cc'd UFO.
My accomplishment is that I got surprised how well I handled Murasa's battle. I went in blind, and got a perfect battle. Until the survival card, that is.