Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 258084 times)

Drake

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #240 on: July 26, 2009, 05:16:14 AM »
Interesting. I died while the bullets were fading on Orin's opener, got the star piece and got the star for her first card, too.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #241 on: July 26, 2009, 06:35:57 PM »
I got to Gengetu in LLS Extra, which unfortunately is an achievement.  That meant that the b.s. in the stage wasn't as bad as usual and I finally figured out where NOT to stay in Mugetu's curtain of blue needle bullet things.

Is there any convenient way to get around the Bullets That Come From Nowhere that show up periodically?  I really want to have those bombs around.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #242 on: July 26, 2009, 06:46:35 PM »
As far as I know, there's no special trick to dodge those (unless you mean the first one, in which case it's simple streaming).

But really, the stage isn't that difficult once you understand how everything works. I've managed to perfect it twice before, especially once I learned that grazewhoring the beginning to get another life WASN'T the right move.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #243 on: July 26, 2009, 07:30:45 PM »
grazewhoring the beginning to get another life WASN'T the right move.
...wait, it's not?

*watches video*
So it looks like the bullet spirals in the stage can be gotten through by tapping against the lanes... and all the explosions at the end of the stage are aimed, so it's a matter of guessing learning where they occur.

nintendonut888

« Reply #244 on: July 26, 2009, 07:40:52 PM »
No, it's not. At least once you're good enough to beat the stage without that life in advance. See, Gengetu's third phase is extremely easy and exists for once reason only: To be a grazewhore's dream. It's very easy to get 10 million points just from grazing the attack, meaning that unless you did REALLY badly on the stage, you're guaranteed to reach 30 million and get the last extend. The enemies at the beginning drop power items, which you need to be able to kill the wall spamming enemies before they completely flood the screen with BS, so naturally with all this killing the enemies and getting the same points from Gengetu's third phase is the best option.

And as far as I know, the position of the explosions at the end are random (don't quote me on this though). However, because they're aimed, as long as you don't panic it's not that hard to dodge even if one's right next to you.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #245 on: July 26, 2009, 07:54:14 PM »
Gengetu's third phase would be easier without that blue bar curtain :(

Okay, I see what you're talking about.
FTR, Marisa >> Reimu for this Extra, right?

nintendonut888

« Reply #246 on: July 26, 2009, 08:51:29 PM »
Marisa is broken in LLS. But yeah, either way she's better, even if you use the non-broken Marisa B.

And as for that "wall", it's aimed, so tap once and it will all miss.

nintendonut888

« Reply #247 on: July 27, 2009, 08:22:23 AM »
MAN that felt good. I beat Aya no deaths (though that's not a big deal with bomb spam, but bomb spam was only used on Peerless Wind God), captured Momizi twice in two consecutive runs, and demonstrated how random Aya's third non-card is by doing a no movement clear of it. :V I died once on the BS waves though, so it's not a no deaths run (just because I've DONE them once the whole way through doesn't mean it's not luck-based. :<).

« Reply #248 on: July 27, 2009, 11:22:26 AM »
Remembered someone in the Stream chat saying they were trying to beat EoSD with Reimu A (Normal) as their first 1cc.

I tried it for laughs and died only once at Sakuya, capturing 23/26 cards, and got a PERFECT Remi fight. That felt real good, considering I struggled with her about a year ago trying to get MY first 1cc.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #249 on: July 27, 2009, 12:52:52 PM »

Never thought I would do this during a Stage Practice Run, as opposed to Spell Practice.

Also, consistency in surviving midboss Eirin! [6A]

Of course, I panic bomb that somewhat ridiculous Spell Card.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 01:02:43 PM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #250 on: July 27, 2009, 05:48:31 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4100
Ignore the fact that I forgot to check the cleared box.
EDIT: Today's a good day. I capture Charming Siege the first time I face it!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 10:29:16 PM by The sword that cleaves evil »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #251 on: July 27, 2009, 11:06:48 PM »
"Spin the Cephalic Plate" timeout.

Confirming that Nitori does indeed "follow" you, albeit sometimes not very much.

...that would've been my first capture of a certain Spell Card too  ;_;

*runs*
<>

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #252 on: July 27, 2009, 11:12:13 PM »
MAN that felt good. I beat Aya no deaths (though that's not a big deal with bomb spam, but bomb spam was only used on Peerless Wind God), captured Momizi twice in two consecutive runs, and demonstrated how random Aya's third non-card is by doing a no movement clear of it. :V I died once on the BS waves though, so it's not a no deaths run (just because I've DONE them once the whole way through doesn't mean it's not luck-based. :<).
Capping Momizi twice in two consecutive runs is still impressive as all hell.

I honestly think that pattern is the hardest thing in MoF, much harder than anything Sanae or Kanako will ever throw at you.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 11:14:34 PM by Alice Margatroid »
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

« Reply #253 on: July 27, 2009, 11:47:03 PM »
Confirming that Nitori does indeed "follow" you, albeit sometimes not very much.

Mmm.. Every boss in the Windows series outside of EoSD and UFO follows you. Although, when they do follow you, it can either be a big leap or a little nudge. A handful of strategies that I use involve bosses making big leaps, so when they only nudge, disastrous results can occur :D

« Reply #254 on: July 28, 2009, 12:03:30 AM »
...Jesus Christ.  I timed out Wondrous Concerto Grosso (Prismrivers' Last Card) on lunatic.  Though I was pretty much just huddling in the corner like a scared bunny rabbit and praying to not get hit for the last 20 seconds or so; I never realized that the thing actually keeps getting faster and faster all the way up until it times out. 

Doing this gave me possibly the most masochistic challenge idea ever:  Perfect PCB stage 4.  Masochistic because the stage, while memorization based, is not exactly trivial to perfect by any means and of course really fucking long.  And the Prismrivers, while not that hard as far as stage 4 bosses go, have a handful of really bitchy attacks that can easily make the perfection of said long stage mean absolutely nothing.  Let's see how long it takes me to break.

Edit: Replay
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 12:12:39 AM by Azinth »

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #255 on: July 28, 2009, 01:47:20 AM »
Huh. Didn't expect that. Tried EoSD Extra with Reimu A, and I messed up the stage portion pretty badly, getting to Flan with 3 lives and no bombs, but then I perfected her until And Then Will There Be None. What with the homing type and all I thought I'd do well on the stage and badly on the boss, not the other way round. At any rate, EoSD Extra clear with all shot types.
Let's fight.

Drake

« Reply #256 on: July 28, 2009, 04:57:15 AM »
HELL FUCKING CATYES

I went into Stage 4 SA with four lives. I was sure I wasn't going to even make it past Orin.
BUT I DID IT YEAH 1CC SA HARD
THIS MEANS

GRADUATION TO LUNATIC YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #257 on: July 28, 2009, 07:35:33 AM »

*plays Pomp and Circumstance

by the way i no death no bombed kanako marisab im obviously the best toohoo player evarz

(I was bored.  In all seriousness, if you haven't truly witnessed MarisaB hax, watch the replay.  Enlighten yourself.  Oh, and typing out that mockery of the English language up there made me die a little inside.)
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #258 on: July 28, 2009, 03:14:47 PM »
BUT I DID IT YEAH 1CC SA HARD
THIS MEANS

Congrats! SA is a bitch to beat.

And HELL YES, finally got my MS Hard 1cc (with a life to spare, too). Jesus Christ that took SO MANY MORE TRIES than it should have done. The amount of random stupid deaths for different reasons while trying to get that was ridiculous.

Sooo that just leaves SoEW as the only single player danmaku Touhou game left for me to get my Hard 1cc on.
Let's fight.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #259 on: July 29, 2009, 06:26:17 AM »
I... finally did it. The goal I've been working on ever since I started playing Touhou has finally been beaten.

I have defeated Flandre Scarlet. I couldn't even believe it either because I had 2 rather bullshitty deaths with full bomb stock while I was fighting her. One death was on Kagome Kagome where I just kinda ran into a bullet for no reason at all. Another was on Maze of Love, where I just didn't move and got a bullet to the face.

It was sloppy, it was horrible, I totally cheesed Starbow Break with the safe spot.

I don't care though, my goal was to beat EoSD Extra and I've finally done it. This is just huge for me.

I always said that I wanted EoSD to be the first Touhou I beat, and today it's come true.

Quite a brilliant moment in my Touhou career...

I think my next step will be MoF. I was originally thinking PCB or IN but after randomly listening to Native Faith I just really want to take on Suwako. I hear she's one of the easiest EX bosses too...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 06:32:12 AM by SeaYoshi »

nintendonut888

« Reply #260 on: July 29, 2009, 08:36:39 AM »
Yesssssssssss! I finally captured Peta Flare! I admit, it's pretty fun as long as blue bullets don't come ramming you out of nowhere.

I also timed out Subterranean Sun for the first time, just to see what the pull is like...it's unreal.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #261 on: July 29, 2009, 08:54:53 AM »
Yesssssssssss! I finally captured Peta Flare! I admit, it's pretty fun as long as blue bullets don't come ramming you out of nowhere.

I also timed out Subterranean Sun for the first time, just to see what the pull is like...it's unreal.
The blue bullets are (usually) concealed behind the flares, but can be predicted easily.

The pull for "Subterranean Sun" is ridiculous for t<30, especially when the Spell Card is clearing.

Confession: I suffer from "crisscross tapping" syndrome. I can perfect it quite easily, it's just that I'm so susceptible to dying on "Source of Rains".

EDIT: ...I think I just figured out how to do Aya's ridiculous donuts.

EDIT 2:

The yellow dot is approximate (3 pixel error) casting point. Brown lines are references for this dot. The focus is the teal lines and bar at the bottom. Focus on the more dominant "Enemy" icon's relative position to these two zones.

Note that also, the closer Aya is to the bottom of the screen, the smaller the space is. The space will only reduce in width from the outside though.

I could work the exact zone shape, but that would be completely unnecessary...  >_>
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 12:58:19 PM by BaitySM »
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #262 on: July 29, 2009, 07:25:25 PM »
I don't quite understand how this will help me not get clip deathed by that attack to no end...

EDIT: It didn't help me, but I managed to finally pull off MoF stage 4 lunatic no deaths.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 07:39:21 PM by nintendonut888 »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #263 on: July 29, 2009, 09:21:51 PM »
How silly of me not to add a replay.

Standard run.
It's a matter of staying in the zone.

It certainly help me clear it every time. Once you learn where the zones are (I should make another one removing the other "Enemy" icon), it's a matter of positioning and you're all set.

EDIT: 1-miss clear of a timeout. It was at the start too.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 09:42:22 PM by BaitySM »
<>

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #264 on: July 29, 2009, 09:26:12 PM »
Capping Momizi twice in two consecutive runs is still impressive as all hell.

I honestly think that pattern is the hardest thing in MoF, much harder than anything Sanae or Kanako will ever throw at you.
Agreed on that. I also think Sanae is the second easiest second last boss in the series though (only second to reisen).

Well, as for me, I beat IN on hard but that's about it for anything that could be considered an accomplishment :V I've beat most of the others on normal.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #265 on: July 29, 2009, 10:10:59 PM »
Aya's 2nd Non-Spell Phase timeout + Peerless. Also, ignore me trying to reach that safespot; I don't know where it is for MoF. It does exist though, because I entered the spot before...

I swear there's a trick to doing Peerless a lot better. ~11% success disturbs me.
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #266 on: July 29, 2009, 10:23:18 PM »
There's one trick to Peerless Wind God: Get in the corner and pray. It doesn't matter how good you are, this attack has an element of luck to it.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #267 on: July 30, 2009, 12:52:12 AM »
Perfect Stage 6 MoF Lunatic

Notes:

-Freak dodging during "Yamato Torus". That is all.
-Theory that "VoWG" can be micro-memorized, but to do that for the entire duration is somewhat ridiculous.

Now to time it out.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 01:00:18 AM by BaitySM »
<>

Gambit

« Reply #268 on: July 30, 2009, 04:40:29 PM »
I defeated Yukari for the first time. Now all I have to do is beat Flandre and I will have cleared all Windows extras.   

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #269 on: July 30, 2009, 09:10:57 PM »
Woo, captured Boundary of Life and Death!

...And ALMOST captured Danmaku Bounded Field. <_< I managed the first four waves easily enough without even using the safespot on the fourth wave, but I can't for the life of me beat the final wave, ever. Even after watching videos I have no clue really what to do, everything happens too fast for me to see what's actually going on and then I get raped for dodging in a random direction. Any tips?
Let's fight.