Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 258085 times)

Yukkuri

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #210 on: July 24, 2009, 12:22:29 PM »
YES I 1CC MOF normal. :D

Oho! Congratulations. Quite a satisfactory feelling isn't it? I remember back when i did that. That was sure times... :)
I even captured the last spell card (which isn't really hard) anyway time to move on to hard for me. 

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #211 on: July 24, 2009, 01:21:40 PM »
Not touhou, but I decided to re-evaluate SSG Lunatic and played a bit of Practise stage 5.

...I managed to 1-miss no-bomb Erich. I might upload this later, but I'd like to get an NMNB now, I fully believe it's entirely possible, none of his attacks are particularly bullshit except his streaming+laser one wherein the streaming toothpick lasers sometimes will reflect off of the master-spark-esque laser (which, incidentally, is what killed me in the end), and the grid attack of haet. His last attack, incidentally, is one of the most fun attacks ever and it's a pity it only lasts a couple seconds.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

« Reply #212 on: July 24, 2009, 04:01:47 PM »
YES I 1CC MOF normal. :D

Oho! Congratulations. Quite a satisfactory feelling isn't it? I remember back when i did that. That was sure times... :)
I even captured the last spell card (which isn't really hard) anyway time to move on to hard for me.

I don't think i did that back then. Its not really hard but i'd suggest you try and time it out. That used to be a lot of fun to me. Give it a shot why don't you?

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #213 on: July 24, 2009, 05:16:25 PM »
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

1cc PCB Normal!

After almost a week without playing anything, I did it on my first try today..

How can one get better without practicing is beyond me hahahaha

I'm really happy.

Now i'll try either IN or SA =D
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #214 on: July 24, 2009, 07:41:22 PM »
Not touhou, but I decided to re-evaluate SSG Lunatic and played a bit of Practise stage 5.

...I managed to 1-miss no-bomb Erich. I might upload this later, but I'd like to get an NMNB now, I fully believe it's entirely possible, none of his attacks are particularly bullshit except his streaming+laser one wherein the streaming toothpick lasers sometimes will reflect off of the master-spark-esque laser (which, incidentally, is what killed me in the end), and the grid attack of haet. His last attack, incidentally, is one of the most fun attacks ever and it's a pity it only lasts a couple seconds.

To trivialize that attack, just misdirect the spark slightly to one side, stay close to it, and dodge the toothpicks by tapping away from the laser, toward it, and away again.  Works every time.  But yeah, Erich's not that bad of a boss (at least compared to the monsters that come before and after him), and his first/last attacks are indeed genius.

Oh, and on the subject of SSG, I was toying around with the Graphics options earlier and found a configuration that ended up eliminating about 90% of the input lag I had in the game, which makes me ridiculously happy.  No more retarded clipdeaths to Vivit and Marisa... feels good man.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 07:55:30 PM by Azinth »

Yukkuri

« Reply #215 on: July 24, 2009, 09:06:15 PM »
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

1cc PCB Normal!

I'm really happy.

Go with In it's easier. :D

Oh yeah who did you 1CC it with?

Sentinel

• Thinking inside the box
« Reply #216 on: July 24, 2009, 09:53:47 PM »
I managed a no-death run of IN extra, finally.

I hate all of Mokou's non-spellcard attacks.

« Reply #217 on: July 24, 2009, 10:08:34 PM »
@donut: it would look like this: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2802304413208178487 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5128279573266503059 (edited, wrong video, lol xD)

(with difficulty ranking management, the above becomes this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QECF8UDdCik  xD )
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 10:11:01 PM by shadowbringer »
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #218 on: July 24, 2009, 11:30:32 PM »
How funny. After a couple of RAGEDEATHs on Chen, I have my best stage 3 run so far. Karma-licious!
EDIT: Did I say stage 3? I meant Stage 3 and 4!
ANOTHER EDIT: Now It's a rather good stage 5
welp
YET ANOTHER EDIT: SakuyaB 1cc get. SUCK IT YUYUKO
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 11:58:06 PM by The sword that cleaves evil »

« Reply #219 on: July 24, 2009, 11:52:10 PM »
I managed to get to stage 3 of SA lunatic on my second attempt.

Not so much of an achievement but I feel the need to salvage *something* from that horrible experience.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #220 on: July 25, 2009, 02:15:47 AM »
To trivialize that attack, just misdirect the spark slightly to one side, stay close to it, and dodge the toothpicks by tapping away from the laser, toward it, and away again.  Works every time.  But yeah, Erich's not that bad of a boss (at least compared to the monsters that come before and after him), and his first/last attacks are indeed genius.
His first attack is also entirely too much fun. Screen movement+fast bullets = yes. Also thanks, that does trivialize it. Now it's just a matter of getting a good run in.

Also VIVIT's first theme is one of the best ZUN songs ever, seriously.

This game's Lunatic honestly wouldn't be that bad too, if it gave you about 2 more lives, didn't have anti-deathbombs (fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff) and didn't have a couple minor hateful things (like the multiple use of ships kamikaze'ing at you while other danmaku has been sprayed on the screen, see for instance the laser grid before the midboss in SSG Extra)

Quote from: Azinth
Oh, and on the subject of SSG, I was toying around with the Graphics options earlier and found a configuration that ended up eliminating about 90% of the input lag I had in the game, which makes me ridiculously happy.  No more retarded clipdeaths to Vivit and Marisa... feels good man.
How? I for one also hate clipdeaths on Marisa. Also deaths due to starting movement a millisecond too late due to input lag.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #221 on: July 25, 2009, 03:09:21 AM »
Pulled out a 1cc of IN Hard with Alice Solo a few hours ago.  First try.

I think I'll practice some things and then try it again before posting a replay.  The run was pretty decent, but there were a lot of cards that I should have capped but didn't for various stupid reasons.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #222 on: July 25, 2009, 04:44:21 AM »
As part of a silly summer project to 1cc all of the Windows Lunatics with each character (with IN probably limited to teams, since 1ccs with some of those solos are utterly unreasonable), got a re-1cc of EoSD with Reimu A on my first real run after not playing Touhou for a week ("real run" meaning I made it to Rumia without dying because I'm stupidly trying to grab every power item ever).

Because that run unlocked Extra for Reimu A for me, I decided to play Extra for the hell of it, having mostly a lulzy run (at least a death and a bomb before Flan, and neither one as a result of Patchy), reaching QED with 0/1, saying "screw the bomb, capture or bust", and recapping QED.

I'd gladly trade the second QED cap for a Scarlet Gensokyo cap though...
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #223 on: July 25, 2009, 04:49:49 AM »
How? I for one also hate clipdeaths on Marisa. Also deaths due to starting movement a millisecond too late due to input lag.

This might sound somewhat silly, but:

1.  Change the BitDepth to 8-bit
2.  Go to DrawMode and randomly cycle through the options for a bit, then change it to 60.

Yes, I'm serious.  You should feel an exceptional improvement in input afterword.  If you still feel some lag, go back and repeat step 2 some more.  You also need to do step 2 whenever you start up the game.  It's inconvenient, but a price I'm willing to pay for better control.  Keep in mind that the cause of the lag might be different for your machine than for mine, so YMMV.  I've no idea what causes the lag and why this fixes it, but I'm not complaining.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 04:52:37 AM by Azinth »

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #224 on: July 25, 2009, 05:03:25 AM »
I'd gladly trade the second QED cap for a Scarlet Gensokyo cap though...

Scarlet Gensokyo capture.  No screenshot, unfortunately, but I did it, and that's all I care about.

1/33 history, probably closer to 1/30 when you subtract encounters with Scarlet Gensokyo -Hard-.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 05:05:22 AM by Krim »
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #225 on: July 25, 2009, 11:50:23 AM »
Divine Treasure "Buddhist Diamond" (Lunatic) capture, Reimu Solo.

*insert last video before I leave for university*  ;_;

...of course I'll still be playing at university (like I always had) but I won't be able to upload as much.

Fluke dodges boxing are flukes.

It certainly helps knowing that triangular bullets and lasers are small. It also helps knowing that you can "fly" through laser walls if you're fast enough. This will only work in the first 15 seconds or so though, since after that, the stars start to fill up your screen.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 12:12:55 PM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #226 on: July 25, 2009, 12:44:34 PM »
*insert last video before I leave for university*  ;_;
ONE OF US!
ONE OF US!
In other news, FINALLY captured Phoenix Tail.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #227 on: July 25, 2009, 02:05:47 PM »
I finally got around to 1cc'ing Easy Modo with everyone and decided to tackle a couple of Last Words for kicks. I managed to get Mystia's with Border Team with little problem, but Reisen's with Scarlet Team took a lot of trial and error, but after about 40 tries, booyah.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #228 on: July 25, 2009, 03:04:30 PM »
@Azinth: any advice on dodging second-form VIVIT's screen-sweep vertical laser mesh attack? Very thankfully she only uses it once, so a bomb the moment you see the laser lines being drawn will work, but is there any way to like. Cap the damn thing at all?

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #229 on: July 25, 2009, 04:17:06 PM »
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

1cc PCB Normal!

I'm really happy.

Go with In it's easier. :D

Oh yeah who did you 1CC it with?

I finished PCB with Reimu-A :D
I think IN is too hard :P

I'll practice it a bit today
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

ghost333

• A retired Lunatic
« Reply #230 on: July 25, 2009, 05:02:19 PM »
me messing around with MOF after owning kaguya with youmu on lunatic
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4085
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4086
perhaps sb with TAS can make those very beutifull (DRAKE?)

« Reply #231 on: July 25, 2009, 06:54:00 PM »
@Azinth: any advice on dodging second-form VIVIT's screen-sweep vertical laser mesh attack? Very thankfully she only uses it once, so a bomb the moment you see the laser lines being drawn will work, but is there any way to like. Cap the damn thing at all?

Do you mean the second pattern she uses against you, right after the Erich lookalike opener?  For that, the lasers don't remain lethal for very long and usually disappear once the bullets come down, so you just find a safespot between the lasers and focus on the bullets after that.  (Psst, or you could just shotgun her as she sweeps across the screen and the phase will end before the attack even gets going)

And btw, did that input trick work for you?  I'm actually sort of curious as to whether or not it works for others or if I'm the only one.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #232 on: July 25, 2009, 09:20:14 PM »
(Psst, or you could just shotgun her as she sweeps across the screen and the phase will end before the attack even gets going)
Derp. Forgot just how abuseable shotgun is in this game >_>

On a side note, what the FUCK is UP with VIVIT's first form flower attack? It's hellish speed micrododging with gaps blocked, exacerbated by the fact that I honestly think developing hitbox sense for VIVIT is completely fucking impossible, *AND* for some reason it takes 2 bombs to end, even IF I shotgun during the entirety of the attack. What the fuck?!? This is easily the hardest attack in the entire fight.

Quote from: Azinth
And btw, did that input trick work for you?  I'm actually sort of curious as to whether or not it works for others or if I'm the only one.
I can't run the game at >30fps, renders too slowly for me. Switching to 8-bit did, somehow noticeably fix input lag though. wtf.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 01:23:07 AM by Alice Margatroid »

« Reply #233 on: July 25, 2009, 09:37:42 PM »
Capped "Divining Crop" on Lunatic. I watched Donut's replay and started stage practice.

I died only once until VoWG, and it was a stupid death on Yamato Torus.

Then I used 4 lives and 12 bombs on VoWG. Wow. It was awesome though, with the spell lasting 2 minutes and Kanako explosing at the end.

I was trembling the whole time, even though that run was completely meaningless. I can't stand any kind of pressure.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #234 on: July 25, 2009, 10:10:21 PM »
Hmm? Which run? I don't recall any awesome MoF stage 6 replays I've done... I've pulled off a few no deaths runs of Kanako, but that's pretty much it.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #235 on: July 25, 2009, 11:25:10 PM »
Hmm? Which run? I don't recall any awesome MoF stage 6 replays I've done... I've pulled off a few no deaths runs of Kanako, but that's pretty much it.

It's a full game run that desynced on stage 4. The one where you died like 3 times on stage 2 and still got a 1cc somehow.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #236 on: July 25, 2009, 11:48:48 PM »
Oh...that one. I made a much better one where I clear with 4 lives remaining FYI.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #237 on: July 26, 2009, 12:46:48 AM »
Cleared MoF extra stage. <3 I haven't even 1cc'd hard mode yet.

Pretty epic. The cards I died on amounted to her fourth card and her second survival card; otherwise i just bombed. I'm a lot prouder of this run than my other extra clears to date :O

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4091

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #238 on: July 26, 2009, 01:08:22 AM »
Cleared Phantasm!

That second to last card is VERY rough. I came out of it with nothing left. Thought I was dead for sure. And then...

Two familiars, circling the screen, Yukari resting transparent in the background... I've seen this before! In IN...!

Capped it with ease, and finally saw the end of the stage.  ;D

Sentinel

• Thinking inside the box
« Reply #239 on: July 26, 2009, 02:44:56 AM »
Yay, I made it to Yuyuko's very last spellcard with Reimu B on Lunatic, where I proceeded to die.  It's not really much of an accomplishment, but now I'm closer than ever to my first Lunatic 1CC, so yay, again.

HAHA YES FIRST LUNATIC 1CC GET
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 04:01:15 AM by Sentinel »