Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 258421 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2009, 12:27:22 AM »
Oh? This mean you still believe Remilia is bullshit? :P I challenge you to beat it no deaths. :D
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2009, 01:17:32 AM »
Oh? This mean you still believe Remilia is bullshit? :P I challenge you to beat it no deaths. :D

...@_@ That sounds nightmare-inducing. I have trouble with three lives! And I've gotta get me some more Lunatic 1ccs before I start going after these crazy goals. I'm thinking PCB next...
Let's fight.

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2009, 02:17:07 AM »

...@_@ That sounds nightmare-inducing. I have trouble with three lives! And I've gotta get me some more Lunatic 1ccs before I start going after these crazy goals. I'm thinking PCB next...

YOU'RE ON!!

But you will probably get it first, since I lose my Touhou tomorrow ;_;
If anybody has a good anger quote, let me know and it'll be the new sig

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2009, 02:20:50 AM »
YOU'RE ON!!

Donut already has beaten Remilia no deaths. =V

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2009, 02:22:30 AM »
I'm referring actually to the beating of PCB lunatic.

Sapzdude is my rival.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2009, 02:48:24 AM »
I'm thinking PCB next...

YOU'RE ON!!

Ohoho, it's on now! You may have beaten me the first round but I'm ready for you this time, school just finished yesterday. 8)

Although I may fall victim of terminal laziness somewhere along the line...

Damn, how long are you losing your Touhou for? This needs to be a fair duel!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 02:52:05 AM by Sapzdude »
Let's fight.

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2009, 03:37:12 AM »
Probably will be Touhouless until August 23rd ;_; I can't go that long.

Technically, I could play on my laptop. But the slow down is terrible. Like, I'm running most things on 30 FPS.

« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2009, 04:13:26 AM »
GWAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

IN 4b.  0 bombs, all cards but the last spell captured, and 1 death to Marisa's second nonspell.  A perfect run would be nice, but that second nonspell of hers is so goddamn horrible that I just can't bring myself to try any more for now (why does no one ever complain about this attack?  I find it several times harder than Asteroid Belt.  Maybe it's because I don't use the Border team...).  Failing the last spell was a shame, but after getting through all her other cards without screwing up I just didn't care.

Drake

« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2009, 04:19:35 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGTwRxWugYM&hd=1

There you go. PCB Stage 5 Lunatic TAS in all it's awesome.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 04:25:22 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2009, 05:52:56 AM »
I failed QED. Which means I reached it. Yay. I had even died TWICE to Cranberry Trap. I probably would have captured it with anyone else. Why the hell do those homing amulets ALWAYS target the familiars!? First capture of Laevatein too, now that I know what to do. I also captured Kagome Kagome and Counter Clock, and 1 bombed And Then Will There Be None? (I got walled in on the sides, and bullets were about to appear on me). I also lost 9 bombs in stock apparently (screw you again Cranberry Trap).

Just now, I FINALLY managed to capture Royal Flare. It's much easier now that I know I have to go on the sides. Now I might be able to 1-bomb Patchouli, because Silent Selene is not too hard.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

nintendonut888

« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2009, 07:14:28 AM »
Just added Suwako to the list of extra bosses I've beaten without bombing. I don't really care for it though, because I value no death runs much more, and those are sadly much harder to pull off.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2009, 08:05:21 AM »
209 attempts! First clear. Yes, I run around while trying to get a higher bonus on my first clear as well, is that such a problem? This is why I haven't 1cc'd EoSD or SA Hard yet; I have a habit of trying to score.

"Imperishable Shooting"

EDIT: The more I think about "Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana", the harder it gets... Interesting. I've cleared it before, but for some reason, I seem to be having more trouble now than before.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 08:24:57 AM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2009, 09:04:25 AM »
Finally...
I managed to 1cc PCB on Normal.
What's really weird, is that I captured not one of Yuyuko's spell cards expect Reflowering 30% (her third was an almost-capture).
I really fucked up on Youmu and Yuyuko, but through the first four stages, I only used ONE bomb and lost no lives.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2009, 09:31:48 AM »
* I.P.D. 's hands are quaking

Just managed a PoFV Normal 1cc with Tewi.  Not only did I just barely manage to win on my last life, I just barely managed to beat out my computer's screensaver timer (since apparently controller work =/= keyboard or mouse movements).

Fuck you Reisen, Medicine, and Sikieiki.

Replay to come after I wake up tomorrow (if at all).
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2009, 10:37:44 AM »

I'd thoroughly enjoy doing so if I could get that damn vsync patch to work its magic on Vista.

* bjw lolexcuses

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #106 on: July 12, 2009, 03:56:07 PM »
I don't really care for it though, because I value no death runs much more, and those are sadly much harder to pull off.

Oh cool, I was wondering about that.

« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2009, 06:05:04 PM »
Cleared EoSD Extra with ReimuA. I managed to capture Silent Selene, Royal Flare, Laevatein, Four of a kind, Kagome Kagome, and And Then Will There Be None? (the second part is easy).

I didn't die in the stage (that's an auto-restart for me, and it happens quite often) and reached Flandre 4/1. 1 bomb for Cranberry Trap, then I didn't die until Maze of Love (I hate this card. I can't dodge clockwise and tried staying at the bottom of the screen for the second wave). 2 bombs for Starbow Break, 1 for Catadioptric, got hit by the laser in Counter Clock, and 1 stupid death and two bombs for QED, one of them activated while Flandre was exploding. So I finished 1/1.

This was my goal when I started playing Touhou, which explains why I've spent so much time on EoSD, while I still haven't tried MoF Normal.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #108 on: July 12, 2009, 06:26:03 PM »
Cleared EoSD Extra with ReimuA.

This was my goal when I started playing Touhou, which explains why I've spent so much time on EoSD, while I still haven't tried MoF Normal.

Congrats! EoSD Extra was my goal too when I started... I remember it taking me the best part of a month of solid practice. Pretty impressive beating it with Reimu A too, I don't think I've managed that yet. Out of interest, why'd you go with that shot type rather than something higher power like Reimu B or Marisa A?
Let's fight.

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #109 on: July 12, 2009, 07:06:38 PM »
Finally cleared PCB Extra. Next is Phantasm and EoSD Extra. For some reason I find the Extra stages much easier than 1CCing on Normal >_>

« Reply #110 on: July 12, 2009, 08:01:05 PM »
Cleared EoSD Extra with ReimuA.

Congrats! EoSD Extra was my goal too when I started... I remember it taking me the best part of a month of solid practice. Pretty impressive beating it with Reimu A too, I don't think I've managed that yet. Out of interest, why'd you go with that shot type rather than something higher power like Reimu B or Marisa A?

Because I do everything with Reimu A first. It's some kind of obsession. Either because I always used her when I began, or simply because it's the first shot type listed. I'm not even better with her. I finished EoSD Normal 0/1 with Reimu A and 4/2 with Marisa A (I had the vsync patch though). I tried clearing it with Reimu B too, but completely sucked with her. But that was a month ago.

It's also great practice. It takes so much time to clear a spellcard after all. I don't have too much problem with Cranberry Trap anymore, though I still have to bomb it with Reimu A. I'm also much better at Maze of Love now, though I still can't dodge clockwise.

Finally cleared PCB Extra. Next is Phantasm and EoSD Extra. For some reason I find the Extra stages much easier than 1CCing on Normal >_>

It's like that for me too, at least for EoSD. You shouldn't have too much trouble with Phantasm. Sure, her stage is like 10 times harder, but personnally I think Yukari is easier than Ran, even with Danmaku Bounded Field. Her second and fourth spell are just so much easier than Ran's version. Also, it's actually pretty easy to get 800 point items in Phantasm.

nintendonut888

« Reply #111 on: July 12, 2009, 08:14:28 PM »

I'd thoroughly enjoy doing so if I could get that damn vsync patch to work its magic on Vista.

* bjw lolexcuses

!

This...means the vsynch patch doesn't work on Vista? This...could be problematic. D:

« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2009, 08:56:59 PM »

* bjw lolexcuses

!

This...means the vsynch patch doesn't work on Vista? This...could be problematic. D:

I have Vista and it works. I don't know what makes it work or not, but it CAN work on Vista. I don't know if it changes anything, but I always leave my computer with Japanese unicode (or non-unicode, I forgot). And it's a laptop. Try running it as administrator, or deactivating those constant security prompts. I don't know enough about computers to really help you more than that though.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2009, 08:58:08 PM »
it does work under Vista
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2009, 10:44:03 PM »
I'm on Vista, and I used to have problems running vsync. I was on a Japanese locale and all of the usual recommended stuff, but it still didn't work. Turns out it was because my Touhou games were on a different hard drive to the one my main OS was installed on. I guess it's kind of a long shot, but that or something similar could be it if you have that kind of setup...?
Let's fight.

« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2009, 11:12:54 PM »
just got up to Yuyuko's first spell on hard before continuing in PCB.
nearly there...

« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2009, 11:37:02 PM »
I'm running Japanese Locale, I renamed the files and all that stuff, and all I ever get is bawww.

« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2009, 12:32:48 AM »
Phar said it before. You need the rename your game file to 東方紅魔郷

I renamed my file to th06e and got this error too.

EDIT : MoF Normal cleared. With ReimuA (heh). First try (I got a lot of practice from clearing Extra stages).

Didn't die until Sanae. I hate Sea Opening. Then I got cocky and tried to force my way through a wall of bullets (though I did micrododge those lines of bullets she throws twice). Died once to Kanako, on the knife spellcard thing.
I captured Mountain of Faith too. In fact, that's her only spellcard I captured. It was BY FAR the easiest of her spellcard for me. No stupid misdirecting bullets around, and creating walls because I don't know how, just good old dodging skills and unfocusing at random.

I also went for points. I wanted that 150 millions points life, so I bombed whenever my faith started going down (this game encourages bomb-spam, so bomb-spam I did). It didn't go as expected though. I got it when I had max lives. And I finished with 400 million points anyway (5 lives in stock).

Here's the replay in case anyone's interested. Pretty obvious I don't know what the hell I'm doing, especially in stage 5.

Replay

EDIT 2 : Lol WTF. The replay says I'm playing at 0 or 5 FPS, then jumps to 128 FPS. This is probably because the game was flashing all the time. I'm playing fullscreen and didn't close the folder with all the games' shortcuts, so it must have kept on trying to get in front of the game's window.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 03:11:48 AM by Generalguy »

« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2009, 03:14:57 AM »

I did rename them :P

« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2009, 03:19:55 AM »

I did rename them :P

Hmmm. 東方紅魔郷 or 東方紅魔郷.exe (it's the first)? Did you copy the three files (vpatch.exe, vpatch.ini and th06 something)? There's a file the patch can't find. Post an image of your game folder if you can't find what's wrong.