Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 257053 times)

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2009, 02:26:32 AM »
I just nearly finished PCB for the first time... TWICE

I hate Youmu and Yuyuko.

I HATE THEM!

And today I died on the last spell card from Kanako on normal... I think I'm closer to beating MoF on normal than PCB on easy.. It's the last game reamaining for me on easy :/
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2009, 03:24:01 AM »
This would normally be a rage moment, but...

1 bomb short of a Perfect Marisa Battle for LLS Lunatic (this was also at Max Rank due to the sheer amount of spam that actually occurred). Where did I bomb? The streaming attack (stars, not snowballs)  >_>

It's a 7 death, 23 bomb Lunatic 1cc. 4 bombs were used for (very horrible; in terms of score gain) scoring.

Crashed and burnt myself on Stages 5 and 6. I had 8 lives at the start of Stage 5.

Yuka's Final Phase (Stage 5)...

err... let me get a few screenshots showing the best method that I can see. And no, I didn't follow it because I didn't realize it until now. Isn't it sad?  ;_;

EDIT: screw it. I'm going to video it instead.

Yuka's Final Phase (Stage 6) is indeed static after seeing it so many times now.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 04:24:58 AM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2009, 06:32:29 AM »
Old thread already hit 1,000? Jeez, I blame Donut, Baity, and Azinth  :V

* bjw patiently waits for UFO's release

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2009, 06:46:46 AM »
So you know how a few of you were mocking me lightly? How back in November when I 1cc'd MS lunatic I stated I had beaten every lunatic you guys said "what about HRtP and PoDD? :V :V :V" Well, HRtP lunatic was beaten a while ago, and I finally got this mustache twiringly EVIL idea...what if I beat the impossible? What if I beat PoDD lunatic? It was only a pipe dream, but suddenly I began learning the ins and outs, and finally...AT LONG LAST...

I REPEAT.

PC-98 ALL CLEAR
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Herasy

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2009, 08:28:21 AM »
Cleared MoF Normal again with Reimu B, but the best part about it isn't that I captured Aya's Survival Spell card Illusionary Dominance (Which was still pretty awesome mind you) no no no! It would be that I captured Mountain of Faith! Take that Kanako! Strange that I did this well since I haven't really been practicing my Danmaku at all lately.

Best Normal run ever.  ;D

Oh and congrats Donut for finally completing the impossible, hopefully you will brag about it less than you cried about not having done it.  :V

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2009, 08:57:44 AM »
um. what.

Well, I guess I no longer can consider PoDD Lunatic as genuinely impossible for a human to beat.

Congratulations, donut.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2009, 09:58:24 AM »
My greatest accomplisment so far is getting 62,752,950 points in Embodiment of Scarlet Devil on normal difficulty, but I still havn't beaten the game on normal.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2009, 12:42:54 PM »
'nut does ridiculous things (pun avoided).

Alright, here's what I got from mass experimentation during random LLS runs:

-Yuka's Final Phases are indeed static. Rank does not affect them. Still learning more spots for Yuka's Final Phase (Stage 6), although I can clear it now with MarisaA if I really wanted to (because of Cheap Lasers). Still difficult regardless.
-The most optimal solution to LLS Stage 4 Mid-Boss (HQ Version; though, I don't see a difference). Yes, the spray is aimed at your position continuously, not as I had previously thought.
-(Partial) Safespot above Elly during the "Tile Spam" Phase? Not that it's really needed...

Guess that's it.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2009, 12:53:31 PM »
Well, I guess I no longer can consider PoDD Lunatic as genuinely impossible for a human to beat.
You know TranceHime did it before Donut right?

But anyways, CONGRATULATIONS.

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2009, 10:30:12 PM »
Perfect China fight... would have been a perfect stage but I died stupidly at one point. Still, not bad at all.

Almost got a perfect Stage 2 of PCB also. Chen's last card is the only problem, but it's not terrible. I'm not really sure why people dislike her.

Alice also isn't that bad... almost had a perfect run of her, screwed up Hanged Hourai Dolls.
If anybody has a good anger quote, let me know and it'll be the new sig

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2009, 11:40:05 PM »
So. Damn. Close.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3801 (note: desyncs with English patch)

Going to continue trying, because I know I can surpass him.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2009, 01:01:12 AM »
Just finished PCB on Easy! Was the last game to be finished on easy for me :)
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2009, 01:25:03 AM »
I REPEAT.

PC-98 ALL CLEAR

Damn.  That is... quite impressive to say the least.  Even if you weren't the first to do it, anyone who can beat that hellish game on lunatic is deserving of the PC-98 master title. 

So then... SG lunatic is next on your list right?  :V

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2009, 01:26:58 AM »
PoFV is next, for other than the fighting games (which due to my ineptitude in the genre have no desire to play above normal on) it is the only lunatic not yet beaten. SG lunatic can go rot in hell. ^_^
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2009, 01:51:43 AM »
I just installed the vsync patch for EoSD, and decided to try MarisaA on Normal. I usually use ReimuA, but it was already cleared, and Marisa would make it easier to see the effects of the patch.

But holy crap, I cleared it 4/2, even if I lost bombs in stock because a stupid offscreen knife surprised me. My other clear ended with 0/1.

This patch is awesome. Once, I deathbombed AFTER hearing the death sound! Before, every time I deathbombed I had pressed the button before getting hit.

I even captured Eternal Meek, and found it quite easy. I always thought it was total bullshit before, even on Normal.

Now going to try PCB...

Edit : Tried Normal. Stupid death on stage 2, so I decided to try a No-Focus No-Bombs run (and not break borders intentionnally, but I always tend to ram into bullets anyway).
The run was going really well, until I hit Youmu, where I died twice to her penultimate spell and once to her last spell. Reached Yuyuko's second last spell, where my estimation of the bubbles hitbox was completely off.

I might not have succeeded, but this gave me a lot of confidence (I had a better score than my cleared run), and I believe Hard is within my reach.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 03:33:17 AM by Generalguy »
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

Nuclear Fusion