Author Topic: I want to make Touhou shirts but...  (Read 1561 times)

ShouAmaterasu

• Gengetsu's Disciple
I want to make Touhou shirts but...
« on: July 04, 2011, 06:50:09 AM »
I've loved Touhou for a while and I thought of the idea of getting the local sprayer to put Touhou themed designs on shirts that I can wear. Thing is, what if people like my T-shirts and they want to know where I got it. I can't keep asking the guy to spray the design on more shirts for more people. The only logical idea I would have for letting these people obtain them would be asking Hot Topic staff members if they can consider the design. I have read that ZUN wishes for derivative works to be sold in a doujin manner and that he really doesn't care who covers his music. But what if it's not a doujinshi or a song and it is a shirt design? Is it okay to mass produce shirts with his characters on them?
What is the real meaning of life? Such a fragile and weak thing it is. The answer is whatever you make it out to be. If you're a mad man then go around and do what you do best because in the end it's all about you... That's right, destruction is your desire, you live to kill, to reap away everything else that isn't important to you!

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
Re: I want to make Touhou shirts but...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 06:57:18 AM »
Don't quote me on this because I'm not the all powerful goddess of rule knowing, but there's a guy who I bought a couple of Touhou T-shirts from over the internet who sells them at touhou and doujin conventions and he says it's fine. If you're going to sell them, however, get an original artist to do the design for you, you don't want to be selling t-shirts with other people's art on them when it hasn't been authorised by said artist.

Congregation of Impertinent Drama Queens.

Art threadLivestream | Pixiv

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: I want to make Touhou shirts but...
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 07:03:29 AM »
My guess is, a fan work is a fan work, whether in comic, musical, or T-shirt form.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."