Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments  (Read 281938 times)

andrewshen123

Re: Touhou Accomplishments
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 11:39:16 PM »
Completed my last scene in StB today. It was a nice diversion from trying to 1cc a Lunatic, but now I guess I'll have to go back to that. =\

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2009, 04:30:04 AM »
I haven't captured Scarlet Gensokyo in a while...it was nice. :)

NOW IF I COULD JUST CAPTURE VoWG AGAIN BEFORE I DIE I'D BE SET!
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2009, 08:47:55 AM »
...I was going about it all wrong. Haha, I can't believe it took me this long to figure this out. Seriously, I've been playing these games for what, three years now? I should have realized this ages ago.

Also, it turns out that the re-texture pack is too distracting. I think I'll stick with the original.

Adun

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2009, 08:56:53 AM »
We can all only wonder what you're talking about.

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2009, 09:56:41 AM »
Latest achievement was to play Lotus land story and Mystic square through using normal...
Heh, I felt myself quite stupid when I later noticed that there is focus available in
both of the games...

Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2009, 12:23:44 PM »
I found a method through Scarlet Meister. However, the dodging required needs to be close to perfect (as always...)

I managed to almost time it out. On Hard Mode though. Now if I can just consistently dodge through it...
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2009, 02:14:22 PM »
Does it by any chance involve getting up to Remilia's right side before she fires the first wave, misdirecting the attack and making it so you only have to dodge one easily dodgeable burst instead of two for the first wave? Because if so, way ahead of you.

If not, do tell.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Patoyo

• Currently waiting for Touhou 13
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2009, 08:41:52 PM »
Does anyone here knows how to dodge Scarlet Shoot? (no bombing).
this the only reason why I don't have accomplishments in EoSD

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2009, 08:47:30 PM »
Does anyone here knows how to dodge Scarlet Shoot? (no bombing).
this the only reason why I don't have accomplishments in EoSD
The pattern is [Aimed Shot w/four others around you]X2-->[Aimed 3 shots]-->[Aimed Shot w/Four others around you]X2. Repeat. Yeah. I don't have a particular strategy for this because while I was playing EoSD normal, I just bombed it. It's quite easy(understatement) compared to Scarlet Meister.

I'm not sure if this counts, but I didn't spend 30 minutes+ in the MS Music room when I went in.

Yukkuri

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2009, 08:57:28 PM »
This might be a bit hard to understand, but after the two aimed shots are fired, you can actually slip between the lingering traces to avoid the 3 aimed bullets.

Does anyone have a replay of it?

Kefit

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2009, 09:07:09 PM »
Does it by any chance involve getting up to Remilia's right side before she fires the first wave, misdirecting the attack and making it so you only have to dodge one easily dodgeable burst instead of two for the first wave? Because if so, way ahead of you.

Eh? This doesn't seem right to me. I always start by going to the left of Remi. Unless, of course, you mean Remilia's right, which would be Reimu's (and the player's) left.

I just tried going up to the right side of Remi (Remi's left) at the start, and it doesn't seem to work nearly as well.

Patoyo

• Currently waiting for Touhou 13
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2009, 09:14:52 PM »
This might be a bit hard to understand, but after the two aimed shots are fired, you can actually slip between the lingering traces to avoid the 3 aimed bullets.

I always failed in that. Blame it on my not-so-fast reflexes.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2009, 09:16:23 PM »

If not, do tell.
This was the method I tried first. Unfortunately, I can never seem to time it right and get a face (full of? It's just 1 bullet.) ring bullet. That, or the 2nd wave starts while I'm still trying to weave through the pattern. I suck at high speed-high density dodging (i.e. unfocused).

Eh? This doesn't seem right to me. I always start by going to the left of Remi. Unless, of course, you mean Remilia's right, which would be Reimu's (and the player's) left.

I just tried going up to the right side of Remi (Remi's left) at the start, and it doesn't seem to work nearly as well.
This was the 2nd method... Wait they're basically the same. The only difference is the starting position.

I guess the best way is with a video. Now if I can just time it out without dying/bombing... (hopes audio doesn't desync; the raw video >_>)
<>

Kefit

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2009, 09:45:08 PM »
The methods are similar, but there are significant changes in the end result. Namely, starting on the right side of Remi gives you less time to dodge the first wave and brings the initial shotgun (which is almost always an impassable wall) closer to the center of the screen.

Although I just realized that you guys seem to be talking about the Hard version. I've been talking about the Lunatic version, which is a bit...dicier.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2009, 10:21:08 PM »
The methods are similar, but there are significant changes in the end result. Namely, starting on the right side of Remi gives you less time to dodge the first wave and brings the initial shotgun (which is almost always an impassable wall) closer to the center of the screen.

Although I just realized that you guys seem to be talking about the Hard version. I've been talking about the Lunatic version, which is a bit...dicier.

True, but it really didn't differ that much (to me; end result = dying). I'm aiming for two things with the new method.

1. Surviving the card.
2. Taking the card out ASAP.

The third criteria would be (super)grazing, which really shouldn't apply here. So naturally, I would be simply altering the existing "methods" to suit this criteria (in terms of a good "balance" as it were).

Currently... Died once, 9 seconds on the timer. Timed it out after dying; trivial dodging (noting that I could have shotgunned to end the card extremely quickly). Clipped a bullet while moving unfocused due to a delayed reaction on my part. It would be awesome if I could go at it on max rank (even the smallest amount of bullets will make a large difference), but I keep getting BS walled or clipping other spell cards (subsequently dying).

I would try Lunatic after this, but... I haven't even made it that far. (I have up to stage 5 unlocked)

...now to study my only footage of the card, and figure out exactly (or close to it) how the card works. I'd prefer finding out the best method through my own 'replays' only.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 10:27:52 PM by BaitySM »
<>

Kefit

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2009, 10:36:42 PM »
Scarlet Meister isn't affected by rank. Neither is Scarlet Gensokyo or Thousand Needle Mountain for that matter. In fact, I'm only certain that Remi's first card is affected by rank. Her third might be as well, but I'm not really sure.

nintendonut888

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2009, 10:37:12 PM »
No, I discovered this during my nightmare grind of Scarlet Meister. Going up to the right (as in from your perspective) will misdirect the attack and cause her to fire one burst down instead of two. Whether this helps you or not is dependant on which way Remilia moves, but then again in my experience if she moves right you're screwed either way.

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2009, 10:39:13 PM »
Eh, not really much of an accomplishment, but I found that if you set Meiling's damage handicap to 5, you can do over 10000 dmg (aka instant KO) with her double lv 2 youhou combo.
It's pretty cool to see Meiling bring her opponent from 0 to KO with one combo :V

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2009, 01:35:39 AM »
And in a completely random run after coming home from field work (at a pharmacy) and a vaccination. I manage to.. pull it off. Not just that, but one of my best runs of the stage as well.

Uploading... Yes, you'll see my proposed method of taking out Scarlet Meister, which I did quite on-the-fly and quickly.
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2009, 01:42:21 AM »
I just realized: I've never captured Scarlet Meister hard.

:V

Kefit

« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2009, 02:39:41 AM »
Neither have I. I once timed it out no vert though. Silly how these things work.

In other news, I increased the margin of error a bit today. I keep falling apart at the silliest place though =/

nintendonut888

« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2009, 02:42:51 AM »
Neither have I. I once timed it out no vert though. Silly how these things work.

In other news, I increased the margin of error a bit today. I keep falling apart at the silliest place though =/

? What crazy shenanigans are you partaking in currently?

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2009, 03:07:24 AM »
I would also like to know.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uys9R0zN6AY

I spent 2 days worth of practice just to get a result like this  >_>
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2009, 06:27:22 AM »
I captured Sakuya's lunatic second non-spell card at max rank. It was pretty cool.

Killing Doll didn't go so well though. >_>

Adun

« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2009, 06:36:40 AM »

Too much ambiguity. D:

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2009, 06:39:16 AM »
Killing Doll didn't go so well though. >_>
Killing Doll is just knife spam. All you can do is read the redirected pattern.

Wonder how hard it is at Lunatic. Trying now. Video of me dying like crazy? Y/N
<>

Adun

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2009, 06:42:27 AM »
Killing Doll is just knife spam. All you can do is read the redirected pattern.

Wonder how hard it is at Lunatic. Trying now. Video of me dying like crazy? Y/N

Yes, because I had to bomb it.

nintendonut888

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2009, 06:43:02 AM »
Killing Doll on max rank is one of the hardest spell cards in the series. Even if it doesn't look that bad on hard, it's a LOT denser on lunatic. Same with Scarlet Meister (if you try that method of yours on lunatic, you'll find...problems.)

hiddenryuu

• Artist in Training
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2009, 06:49:43 AM »
Killing doll made up for Lude Bile and the world for the sakuya fight >.<