~Beyond the Border~ > Akyu's Arcade
Summer Games Done Quick 2019 - Pieces of Eight
(1/6) > >>
Kilgamayan:
Game list is out. A surprising amount of big name games this year! Not really sure what the closer will be - puwexil's Chrono Trigger run seems like a good candidate but it's closed a couple of times now, so they might give it to the Octopath Traveler clusterfuck, the SM/LttP Combo Randomizer, or one of the other Zeldas that is a multi-hour 100% affair.

As a reminder, bigotry and bigotry-adjactent posting will be terminated with extreme prejudice if it appears in this thread. Anyone is welcome to post as long as they're respectful in their posting.

Other games I'm looking forward to:

* Banjo-Kazooie 100% for the wife
* Castlevania DOS, assuming this is not a typo
* Cave Story
* Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers
* ClusterTruck
* Red Alert 3
* Dark Souls 1 and 2 (though, as usual, only if I can watch them with Reddyne)
* DIVEKICK
* GrandPoo World 2, less because I have any interest in kaizo Mario hacks and more because it promises to be really funny
* Kirby 64
* Kirby Air Ride
* Koumajou Densetsu II! About time Touhou got back into GDQ.
* Marble Madness
* Mega Men 3, 11, X2, X4, and X5
* Metroid Primes 1 and 2
* Perfect Dark
* Rockman 4 Minus Infinity
* Sonic Adventure DX for the wife
* StarFox 64
* Super Mario Bros 3 race just to see if Poo breaks Mitch's NES again
* TASBlock
* Every Zelda except Majora's Mask
* Turtles in Time
Ionasal kkll Solciel:
Catlateral Damage, Red Alert 3 (aw, we aren't going to get Tim Curry's "space" bit), Invictus, Double Dash!!, Celeste TAS... wow.

(Also I'm kind of surprised we already have KHIII runs on the schedule; I feel like by the time SGDQ actually comes up, the time's going to be way below estimate)
Leon゠Helsing:
I was kinda expecting Luna Nights over KDII, but seeing KDII again after a long time is fine too I guess.
nav':

--- Quote from: Kilgamayan on March 28, 2019, 10:46:07 AM ---* Castlevania DOS, assuming this is not a typo

--- End quote ---
This ought to be interesting. I wonder if the DOS port is any good, or just MegaMan DOS tier.

--- Quote from: Kilgamayan on March 28, 2019, 10:46:07 AM ---* Red Alert 3

--- End quote ---
I don't think I've ever seen an RTS speedrun before. Sounds like an excellent opportunity to try.

--- Quote from: Kilgamayan on March 28, 2019, 10:46:07 AM ---* Koumajou Densetsu II! About time Touhou got back into GDQ.

--- End quote ---
Pretty neat.

Other than that, Dime playing Doom is always nice. There's a ton of Super Mario World this time around. And I might end up watching Silent Hill 3 just to see the hilarious UFO ending, heh. Those are always fun.
Raikaria:
I find it amusing to see 3 different KH3 runs listed; all differently:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Playstation 4

Kingdom Hearts III
Playstation 4

Kingdom Hearts III
PS4

Also surprised to see how short the estimates are compared to usual KH/KH2 runs. It's almost the same time as Let's Go.

--- Quote from: nav' on March 28, 2019, 11:32:22 AM ---I don't think I've ever seen an RTS speedrun before. Sounds like an excellent opportunity to try.Pretty neat.

--- End quote ---

You haven't caught any of the Warcraft 3 ones? They are fairly common on GDQ.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version