~Bunbunmaru News~ > Front Page Headlines

Touhou Project 16.5 「Secret Sealing Nightmare Diary ~ Violet Detector」

<< < (42/43) > >>

niektory:
The teleport controls are definitely suboptimal, but when you know how they work you get (mostly) used to them eventually. I would recommend not using the teleport mod unless you absolutely can't stand playing the game without it, as it's very crude and has its own problems. First, it removes the delays making the teleport super-spammable and messing up the balance. Second, it makes diagonal teleporting unreliable unless you start moving in that direction before pressing the teleport key.

Another problem with the controls is the sudden speed change after you fully charge the camera with Shift+X, it has cost me many lives.

Also scoring is somewhat opaque. You get all these photo tags but no indication how they modify the score, unlike the previous games.

Pattern recycling didn't bother me that much. I might feel that way because it's been a while since I played most of the games they've been lifted from. There's also recycling of a different kind in the nightmare week. I don't think the gimmick was a bad idea, but many of the combined patterns ended up not really balanced, so yeah, it does feel like ZUN should've spent more time on some of them.

As for the music, I like most of it, but I feel the wrong week's track (Lunatic Dreamer) is a bit too noisy.

Despite some problems I've had a lot of fun with the game. It could be better, but it's still good.

Fluury:
Sales(?) seem to be way worse too for it. I hope this doesn't disencourage ZUN on future Steam releases.

Lightmaster:
Let's really hope that the chinese people don't screw the pooch, and more people purchase the game so we can give our support to ZUN. That's why I was willing to wait for the Steam release when it got released.

I'm still in Wrong Monday, 2/4 scenes finished. I'm trying to do my best on finishing all the spells.

Drake:
I don't think that's a problem. ZUN releases on Steam pretty much specifically for the overseas audience's convenience. The fact that people are buying the game at all is justification for it; there being negative reviews isn't exclusive to players overseas nor is it relevant to ZUN selling it on the platform.

Fluury:

--- Quote from: Drake on September 07, 2018, 10:07:59 PM ---I don't think that's a problem. ZUN releases on Steam pretty much specifically for the overseas audience's convenience. The fact that people are buying the game at all is justification for it; there being negative reviews isn't exclusive to players overseas nor is it relevant to ZUN selling it on the platform.

--- End quote ---

Well this isn't about the negative reviews, and more about general sales seemingly being bad compared to aocf/16

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version