~Hakurei Shrine~ > Tech Support

Configuring Anex86 for Touhou (repost)

<< < (2/5) > >>

shadowbringer:
bumping this thread because it may need to be stickied.. (I've reconfigured my Anex86 thanks to it :D)

Alice Fact:

post count +1 again lol

Momiji:
For anyone using T98-Next, there's a translated version here (via zophar.net).  Plays pretty well, with no funny text.  To load Touhou disk images (.hdi files) into it, go to Main > DISK > HD DRIVE and under drive 1 click the text box just to the left of the Edit button.  Browse to the disk image file and click the big power button to start.  Since they're disk images, all of your high scores and whatnot are saved into the images, no external score or config files like on the Windows games.

I'm not sure what system requirements the PC98 Touhou games need (FPU, CPU speed, RAM, etc.), but I have the CPU set to i486DX, CPU clock at 66MHz, and Memory at 64MB.

To configure your graphics settings, go to Device Manager, select GDC.nhw and click Settings.  You can set your frame skipping, screen resolutions, screenshot folder, and toggle fullscreen and windowed mode.

One recommendation, under GDC.nhw, set your frameskip to 1, as AUTO can sometimes cause the emulator to chug.

As for basic emulator controls, there's 6 big buttons on the left side of the emulator window; (from top down)  Power switch, Sleep/Resume switch (I think it only works for PC98 Windows), Reset switch, Toggle hardware settings, Help, and Quit.

Outside of that, most of the default settings T98-Next comes with should be optimal.

For Linux users:  This works great under Wine.  I've had occasional problems with it starting emulation with the emulator window not displaying, but I've recently reinstalled my system (cleaned up Wine folder, etc.) and it hasn't cropped up again.

ultramage:
For the Mystic Square disk at least, I noticed that the font used renders the letters "V" and "W" incorrectly (examples attached to this post). Can something be done with this?

PS: A huge thank-you! for the author of this guide. After readjusting the settings to "sync: 1" and changing the CPU affinity to only run on core 0 (at max. performance), I could for the first time see the game run with full framerate.

Alice Fact:
particular bitmap I do believe, I do recall that someone posted a fix but I don't know what it is or where

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version