~Hakurei Shrine~ > Patchouli's Scarlet Library
Marisa's Book Club
<< < (3/6) > >>
Ibaraki Ibuki:
Considering Remilia and Patchouli are close friends, it is weird that Remilia seems so passive regarding Patchy's disappearance and strange behavior. It could be that Remilia and Sakuya are trying to figure the mystery out on their own, but you'd think they could have asked ____________ to help them. (Having Remi and/or Sakuya meet up with Marisa and co. to resolve the incident could help fix this plot hole.)

Off-topic question: should this topic be stickyed? I feel this thread is important enough to deserve it.
Esifex:

--- Quote from: Ibaraki Ibuki on March 09, 2012, 11:10:18 PM ---Off-topic question: should this topic be stickyed? I feel this thread is important enough to deserve it.

--- End quote ---

It was always meant to be stickied, yes, but for some reason us Librarians lost the ability to sticky within PSL. As you can see, that has been remedied!

We're now going to go ahead and move on to our next story. I present to you~

Amor Fati
By Serp
While this story is a retelling of EoSD, it is fantastic. Take Touhou, sprinkle in a bit of sci-fi, a dash of sci-fact (incredible attention to detail. Cross-check it all, I dare you!), and a heaping helping of incredibly awesome action, and serve with a side of fascinating trivia after each chapter, and you have an incredible romp through a familiar story that's still original and clever enough to grip you for the entire ride.

I'm going to open up by pointing out just how impressed I was by the level of detail put into the science. Red and blue-shifting the light around Sakuya's time manipulation, distorting signal speed because of the same, and the technology present throughout the story was more than enough to tickle my geek side.
Serp:
Ahahah, it's both flattering and surprising to see that story brought up again like this.  Though I suppose I should warn that it's technically unfinished, as I had intended at least one more post for the story's denouement.  It's not a proper retelling without the hero and villain having their post-fight tea party, after all.  And I also have some notes written for a second chapter ("Ghost in the Machine") that would give Perfect Cherry Blossom the same treatment.  But if the story manages to be entertaining enough to merit your recommendation without all that, then I'm happy.
Esifex:

--- Quote from: Serp on March 10, 2012, 09:29:17 PM ---...Though I suppose I should warn that it's technically unfinished, as I had intended at least one more post for the story's denouement.
--- End quote ---

Oh, really? :3

--- Quote from: Serp on March 10, 2012, 09:29:17 PM ---And I also have some notes written for a second chapter ("Ghost in the Machine") that would give Perfect Cherry Blossom the same treatment.

--- End quote ---

OH, REALLY? :3
Dude that'd be awesome. You're an excellent writer, I'd love to see more from you.
capt. h:
So far, so good, but I do think the story needs an edit. The light blue text on light blue background is hard to read, probably a remnant from before the forum changed colors.

EDIT: Make that impossible to read. I just noticed post 11, and the text is almost identical to the background. I should also mension that 30g's is lethal, but that's trivial. Oh, you handled that too. Nevermind.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version