Author Topic: 東方魔界蝶 ~ Symmetry of Black and White  (Read 3850 times)

東方魔界蝶 ~ Symmetry of Black and White
« on: November 27, 2009, 05:48:08 AM »
Well, I've finally gone and done it.  This past week or so I've been putting together a team to make a large-scale western Touhou fangame, with the intention to eventually sell it at events like Comiket (and, of course, to make a fun kick-ass game.)

We already have a finished rough draft of the story (Babybahamut, great writer!), a talented musician who has agreed to make our 32 track OST(tyvb, great stuff so far), and a talented portrait artist (Formless God...  We'll, you're well acquainted here.), and I've got the programming well in hand, but we're short some pixel artists - we need people to make sprites and tilesets.

I'm pretty sure this is most real a large scale western Touhou fangame has gotten, and so if you think you could fill one of those roles then we'll be really close to actually having a full team and a complete plan, which is pretty amazing.

Other than that, as stuff gets done I'll probably post milestones etc.

Drake

Re: 東方魔界蝶 ~ Symmetry of Black and White
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 06:06:24 AM »
See Touhou Ijiyatsu over in CPMC <3

I love that something else is getting done. If I wasn't working on Ijiyatsu I would definitely work on this. Good luck to all o' you.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 06:07:08 AM »
What is this competition with Ijiyatsu

sprites and tilesets.

If I'm in the same wavelength as you, this is an (S)RPG?

Not that I'll be able to help. >_>

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 06:27:29 AM »
Oh, sorry, I wasn't very clear.

It's not a shmup.  It's a game kind of like Mystical Chain, but it's got a larger open world like Metroid.  Sprites would need to be drawn from a sideways view like SWR, Mystical Chain, etc - it's not top down.