~Hakurei Shrine~ > Touhou Projects
Fantasy Maiden Wars - Translation Patch Repository
<< < (3/3)
Nook:
It's been a while.

I meant to put something out for FMW4 a few months ago, but a whole bunch of things happened, and now it seems kind of silly to keep working on it. Still though, I've put together a slightly more comprehensive menu patch for the game. Let's call this one version 0.5. You can find it here, as well as on akurasu.net as usual.

That being said, really this release is more of an excuse to talk about the Complete Box. Well, I am happy to say that we are indeed working on a patch for that! Since Sanbondo are still updating the game every couple of weeks to add new content and iron out bugs I don't think it's very efficient to put something out now considering the amount of tech needed to make something halfway presentable. However, in the meantime we are still working on it, and when the update cycle slows down towards November we will hopefully have something more to show you.

Thank you for your patience so far!
Radiaoki:

--- Quote from: Nook on September 12, 2019, 10:49:20 PM ---It's been a while.

I meant to put something out for FMW4 a few months ago, but a whole bunch of things happened, and now it seems kind of silly to keep working on it. Still though, I've put together a slightly more comprehensive menu patch for the game. Let's call this one version 0.5. You can find it here, as well as on akurasu.org as usual.

That being said, really this release is more of an excuse to talk about the Complete Box. Well, I am happy to say that we are indeed working on a patch for that! Since Sanbondo are still updating the game every couple of weeks to add new content and iron out bugs I don't think it's very efficient to put something out now considering the amount of tech needed to make something halfway presentable. However, in the meantime we are still working on it, and when the update cycle slows down towards November we will hopefully have something more to show you.

Thank you for your patience so far!

--- End quote ---

Hey man thanks for keeping us updated on the translation patch, really looking forward to Dream! (Don't really care how long it takes, just take as long as you need to :D) However, I just recently purchased the Complete Box about 2 weeks back, and I'm curious as to whether is it still worthwhile to really continue with Dream? By all means, I'm no programmer but since you guys have already translated quite a bit for Eternal and Mystia, wouldn't it be more efficient to solely concentrate on the Complete Box since it consists all the chapters? And just implement the final translation bit for Dream in it?

(Excuse me for the improper use of programming-related vocab here) I'm aware of the Complete box issue that the font appears to be inconsistent in terms of size and staying in the dialogue boxes. Some alphabet appears to be slightly higher than others (I'll talk more on this in the following paragraph.) Although, I'm unaware as to whether you can edit the .exe file as I've heard you can't do it with Mystia and Eternal previously. Just to pop another question here, is there an issue with translating with the in-battle dialogues for Mystic and Dream? Compared to Scarlet, all of the in-battle dialogues appeared to be untranslated and I'm just curious as to why did you guys leave this out.

A few weeks ago, my buddy (works as a freelance programmer & Japanese translator) fiddled around the Complete box .exe & ver 1.01 and this is what he got:

https://imgur.com/a/r9WjTcj
https://imgur.com/a/ZQnUmrP

Seems like the right step in the direction, but to be honest, I'll prefer to get a translation patch from you guys instead.
Apparently, he created some translation tool that could unpack some of the .data files. Again, I'm no programmer and this is the most I could tell you.

P.S Clarste said you got annoyed with us for bothering you whether the translation patch for Dream is being continued. Please excuse some of our impatiences  :(

I have kinda been waiting to play Dream since 2017, and it's just sitting in my game folder collecting dust ever since I've bought it. As I've said I'll never bother you guys with a release date, but at one point I thought the whole translation team just gave up with it. But I'm glad it's still being worked on!
Nook:

--- Quote from: Radiaoki on September 13, 2019, 03:58:11 AM ---Hey man thanks for keeping us updated on the translation patch, really looking forward to Dream! (Don't really care how long it takes, just take as long as you need to :D) However, I just recently purchased the Complete Box, and I'm curious as to whether is it still worthwhile to really continue with Dream? By all means, I'm no programmer but since you guys have already translated quite a bit for Eternal and Mystia, wouldn't it be more efficient to solely concentrate on the Complete Box since it consists all the chapters? And just implement the final translation bit for Dream in it?

(Excuse me for the improper use of programming-related vocab here) I'm aware of the Complete box issue that the font appears to be inconsistent in terms of size and staying in the dialogue boxes. Some alphabet appears to be slightly higher than others (I'll talk more on this in the following paragraph.) Although, I'm unaware as to whether you can edit the .exe file as I've heard you can't do it with Mystia and Eternal previously. Just to pop another question here, is there an issue with translating with the in-battle dialogues for Mystic and Dream? Compared to Scarlet, all of the in-battle dialogue appears to be untranslated and I'm just curious as to why did you guys leave this out.

A few weeks ago, my buddy (works as a freelancer programmer & Japanese translator) fiddled around the Complete box .exe & ver 1.01 and this is what he got:

https://imgur.com/a/r9WjTcj
https://imgur.com/a/ZQnUmrP

Seems like the right step in the direction, but to be honest, I'll prefer to get a translation patch from you guys instead.
Apparently, he created some translation tool that could unpack some of the .data files. Again, I'm no programmer and this is the most I could tell you.

--- End quote ---

This is more or less why I have not put out a menu patch yet for Complete Box. Unlike with the other games, it is basically impossible to make something readable without modifying things in the .exe. Which we can certainly do, however because they are updating the game every couple weeks it seems fruitless to try and make something permanent when we will just have to do it again however many times.

In the meantime, we are still experimenting on rendering text in english like so:
https://i.imgur.com/DTpmLm8.png (font and size not final)

Finally, to be clear, our continued support for the Dream patch is more of a stepping stone in the process to a Complete Box patch, since we have to translate all the dialogue anyway we might as well put it somewhere in the meantime.
Navigation
Message Index
Previous page

Go to full version