Author Topic: Post Your Artwork Thread V5  (Read 256190 times)

Re: Post Your Artwork Thread V5
« Reply #330 on: August 02, 2012, 09:38:05 AM »
Best thing to do is to study anatomy, that's really the best answer I can give you. Many artists draw that cutsey anime face without even knowing what half the curves are supposed to represent. Complicated poses will also require some basic understanding of how the body works.

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #331 on: August 02, 2012, 05:57:51 PM »
Best thing to do is to study anatomy, that's really the best answer I can give you. Many artists draw that cutsey anime face without even knowing what half the curves are supposed to represent. Complicated poses will also require some basic understanding of how the body works.
I blame the face on the first anime they watched. The first anime I watched and learned off of was Rozen Maiden, so youll see things in my art like thin necks, small small small and more small hands (they have small hands) and more detailed eyes.I also love dresses and have a hard time doing anything else. Some people start off with sailor moon or tokyo mew mew. All just depends.
I have a manga learning book which is like my holy bible (just...its a manga book) thats a guide for proportions, expressions, movement and placement, angles, all that good stuff that an artist needs most. Heck, its even got a page on animal ears and tails and how those work. If you want, I can give you the name of the book so you can buy/order it online. It should be around 20-30 bucks. (for glimmer)

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
« Reply #332 on: August 03, 2012, 12:47:57 AM »
I blame the face on the first anime they watched. The first anime I watched and learned off of was Rozen Maiden, so youll see things in my art like thin necks, small small small and more small hands (they have small hands) and more detailed eyes.I also love dresses and have a hard time doing anything else. Some people start off with sailor moon or tokyo mew mew. All just depends.

Well fuck, first anime I watched and drew was Higurashi :V
Congregation of Impertinent Drama Queens.

Art threadLivestream | Pixiv

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #333 on: August 03, 2012, 06:47:50 AM »
pokemon first

« Reply #334 on: August 03, 2012, 11:48:35 AM »
The first anime I ever watched was Hetalia (aka guys everywhere) so that might explain why I'm not too good at drawing female shapes... but again I'm not good at drawing guys either :V

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #335 on: August 03, 2012, 12:56:11 PM »
The first anime I ever watched was Hetalia (aka guys everywhere) so that might explain why I'm not too good at drawing female shapes... but again I'm not good at drawing guys either :V
I'm better at drawing gurlz because of no ears ?.?

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #336 on: August 03, 2012, 07:22:39 PM »
I always thought it was girls can draw girls, and guys can draw guys, because its like drawing your own body shape. You know it best.
I always find it funny when moderate guy anime artists try to draw female chests, or the whole figure infact. They always get it wrong, always.
If you want, I can whip up a few guides to give you help with shapes and stuff an anatomy. Ive done it for friends before.

« Reply #337 on: August 04, 2012, 08:07:35 AM »
I always thought it was girls can draw girls, and guys can draw guys, because its like drawing your own body shape. You know it best.
I always find it funny when moderate guy anime artists try to draw female chests, or the whole figure infact. They always get it wrong, always.
If you want, I can whip up a few guides to give you help with shapes and stuff an anatomy. Ive done it for friends before.

I have been cursed by the ability to only be able to draw girls.

...Am I secretly a female?

http://hippie.nu/~unicorn/tut/xhtml/#basics-humananatomy-legs

Good guide to get started on anatomy. Learn the major torso muscles and you should do fine. Proportions too, don't forget proportions.

http://www.fileize.com/view/3ca89c3f-5bb/

What are you doing Koishi samaaaaaaaaaaa?!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 06:04:20 PM by Heartsriker »

« Reply #338 on: August 05, 2012, 04:07:16 PM »
I'm very aware that there's no music in here, but I don't think it would be worth it to make a topic for a single track. Dunno how often I'd be updating it. If that's not how this works however, I'll just move it.

So anyway, this here is a sort-of-orchestral arrange of Shoujo Satori ~ 3rd Eye in an attempt to make something pretty dark (and kinda disjointed at the start). I like creepy Satori :3. And her theme is pretty evil-sounding anyway; more so than most.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-n8SvgPwLg&feature=plcp
(Alt link: http://soundcloud.com/saiterin/satori-complex)

Guides for anatomy would be VERY much appreciated, if you're willing. I suck at drawing humans.
Also, you mentioned a manga-drawing book earlier; what's the name of that?
I do intend to get at least somewhat decent at drawing eventually...

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #339 on: August 06, 2012, 09:41:40 PM »
I found a review for the exact book I use, and still use to this day. While it doesnt show it as much, the book covers things like action (eating, running, angles for all of them, ext) types of expressions (Dont know if you can get a better guide for this, as it even shows human gestures and positions for different things like anger, that you wouldnt normally catch) proportions (even with a page of them all lined up next to eachother, and more and more) lots and lots of angles (like a picture drawn in 10 different angles) animal aditions guide, a coloring guide (digital and traditional), a comparison of adults to chibis, which is all over the book from the basic body to doing the hands, feet, ect, and surprisingly, the very first few pages of the book are more like a, oh how would you put it,,...draw this guide (they show you step by step on how to draw certain characters, likely to get you used to the feel of proportions before the initial study, and to see if your ready for it or not. I only did like two of them, so you dont have to do them. their only a few pages anyways)
Now personally, Ive seen a lot of how to draw manga books, from library, friends, they all suck compared to this. No I mean really, they all SUCK. their all mostly draw this character draw that character, if not that being the entire book, and what do you learn from that? You dont even realize what your doing.
http://parkablogs.com/node/6028
Best book
Go here to see a few pages that you can actually read
http://www.flickr.com/photos/teohyc/with/5639712516/#photo_5639712516
This book is about, oh, 25 bucks? Shouldn't break the bank compared to some. Now go buy it. Now. It's worth every penny. You will worship it.
(if you want some picture examples from some things from the book, I can do that, But I can't forsay scan the whole thing. Thats a lot of time, and I dont want to get into legal issues. Just go buy it)

Shmarah

• s͡hə-mār-uh, shuhm-AYR-ah, SHMAYR-ah
    • Ask Amelia Bedelia a question!
« Reply #340 on: August 08, 2012, 02:53:56 AM »
In 7th grade we had to do a random sketch every week and I... went pretty hardcore whenever I felt like sketching Touhou characters.
I found the sketchbook and was immediately like, "...I need to redraw these."
*Looking at old art can kill a person, I bet.*
So I did that Draw This Again meme with a drawing of Sakuya.
The Before/After:
http://teh-shmarah.deviantart.com/art/Draw-This-Again-Sakuya-Izayoi-319517192
Full Picture:
http://teh-shmarah.deviantart.com/art/Draw-This-Again-Sakuya-Izayoi-Full-2012-image-319517583
:-]
I hope you like it. I kind of get lazy when drawing while looking at old art because my mindset is "Anything I draw now can't be THIS bad..."
I need to stop combining adjectives with "sauce" and "pants" and thinking this makes a unique word.
It makes me look stupidsauce.

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #341 on: August 10, 2012, 12:14:51 AM »

man. I am out of it
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 01:00:03 AM by KrackoCloud »

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #342 on: August 10, 2012, 12:35:23 AM »
@Shmarah Just at a glance I'd say the before is better, specifically the face. Although, the more I look at it, the more I see you fixed.

KrackoCloud

« Reply #343 on: August 10, 2012, 06:36:12 PM »
Shikieiki
(Click for big)

Getting a little less out of it.

Edit: I just realized I forgot the bars on the sides of her hat D: Still out of it, then I guess.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 11:49:24 PM by KrackoCloud »

Shmarah

« Reply #344 on: August 11, 2012, 01:22:56 AM »
@Shmarah Just at a glance I'd say the before is better, specifically the face. Although, the more I look at it, the more I see you fixed.
It really is the best out of my worst, since I did completely rip-off a very pretty Google image I found of her, but after I saw things like how she literally does not have elbows, I wanted to slap, and then proceed to redeem, myself.
;; I swear looking at old art can kill a person
I need to stop combining adjectives with "sauce" and "pants" and thinking this makes a unique word.

« Reply #345 on: August 11, 2012, 03:03:51 PM »
Books'n'stuff.

Thank you for sharing that (though $25 seems like a generous estimate from what I've seen...).
Do you have any particular opinion on the first volume in the series? It seems like that one would be pretty useful for me too, since it focuses on actually constructing body parts and stuff, which I could use some work on. Unless you can pick up on that in the second volume - I'm not completely useless, and I could probably look up some other tutorials online if I need to (and save myself another ~$70...).

KrackoCloud

« Reply #346 on: August 13, 2012, 05:41:24 AM »
Sketched up a male Ichirin and old lady Unzan.

EDIT: Also a colored version of the Shikieiki drawing just a few posts up.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 05:59:39 PM by KrackoCloud »

Merp

« Reply #347 on: August 16, 2012, 05:54:47 AM »
Sketched up a male Ichirin and old lady Unzan.

EDIT: Also a colored version of the Shikieiki drawing just a few posts up.

OH GOD THAT UNZAN ;_;
Assemblage of egregious drama queens

Pixiv  Deviantart  Livestream  Art Thread

KrackoCloud

« Reply #348 on: August 17, 2012, 04:21:03 AM »
A quick... thing.

Man I've been posting a lot of stuff in this thread this week. Probably gonna have to make a thread.

Shmarah

« Reply #349 on: August 17, 2012, 05:41:16 AM »
A quick... thing.

Man I've been posting a lot of stuff in this thread this week. Probably gonna have to make a thread.
It's so pretty! It reminds me of Okami-den art.

[HJD]Red_Herring

• Having a bad case of life, can't help it.
« Reply #350 on: August 22, 2012, 04:56:25 AM »
Quick, dump the WIPs and sketches. Hopefully nobody will chase after me! B...but if you leave some comments and critiques...I...I can't help but to respond!

---- coloring included ----

---- sketch + basic coloring ----

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
« Reply #351 on: August 22, 2012, 08:34:21 AM »
Quick, dump the WIPs and sketches. Hopefully nobody will chase after me! B...but if you leave some comments and critiques...I...I can't help but to respond!

---- coloring included ----

Omfg, it has been too long since we last saw you.

And all of them are fantastic as usual but that Iku stole my heart.
Congregation of Impertinent Drama Queens.

Art threadLivestream | Pixiv

KrackoCloud

« Reply #352 on: August 23, 2012, 05:43:51 AM »
The Yukari, Futo, and Mamizou pics are too amazing!

EDIT

Anyone remember/know Touhou Luminous Dream? It's a danmakufu fangame.
I really liked Akeno's design. So... Now there's fanart!

Also, Youmu Kirby
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 04:03:51 AM by KrackoCloud »

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #353 on: August 31, 2012, 03:56:12 PM »
Welp, finally deciding to try drawing again after a long time of not doing so...

The drawing's rough, like SUPER rough, and I've gotta work on refining drawings as well, but I'm mostly concerned with -anatomy- right now, so critiques on that would be appreciated!

(For why you can't see her legs:  she's supposed to be sorta flying forward to throw her punch or something.)
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #354 on: August 31, 2012, 04:58:19 PM »
Utsuho <3
And ah HA! YOU'RE the mysterious amazing artist who drew that picture of Utsuho for me a long time ago! It's so good to have found you again so I can thank you for it by name.

KrackoCloud

« Reply #355 on: September 01, 2012, 03:49:18 AM »
Welp, finally deciding to try drawing again after a long time of not doing so...

The drawing's rough, like SUPER rough, and I've gotta work on refining drawings as well, but I'm mostly concerned with -anatomy- right now, so critiques on that would be appreciated!

(For why you can't see her legs:  she's supposed to be sorta flying forward to throw her punch or something.)
Concerning the legs, the perspective is sort of iffy. You shouldn't have to explain why the legs aren't there, you know? :Y
Not the best drawer out there myself, but hopefully I can give something useful. I'm going to assume that Yuugi is sort of flying in a direction somewhat towards the camera and to the right, and work with that. If that's not what you were intending, this stuff won't mean anything, so uh, yeah :U
Anyway, take a look at Reimu in this picture, for example: http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=886875
I just put in a quick search with the "flying" tag. You can do this and see some other examples.

When the dress covers the feet, a person's body is almost completely horizontal. You can hardly see the torso, and the dress expands into a circle.
In your drawing, however, you'll see that the torso is very visible and the dress hangs down. In other words, Yuugi looks like she's posed mostly upright. The problem is pretty clear - If Yuugi is vertical, then her legs should be in full view!
(Well, we could use the interpretation that her legs are bent, but the way she'd be doing it seems a little unnatural to do while flying into punching. :U )

So if I'm understanding what you were aiming for, then you're gonna want to squish Yuugi vertically a little. But more importantly I think you should expand the dress, make it more circular. You need to give it more volume so that it makes sense, blocking our view of the legs.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #356 on: September 01, 2012, 01:07:16 PM »
Ahh...Alright then, I get it. Thanks for the reply!  I'll work on that later today and post here when I get a revised version up.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #357 on: September 05, 2012, 12:41:13 PM »
Flandre quickie. I will re-outline it and colour it this friday. (Click the pic or else your eyes wil buuuuuurrrrrrrnnnnnnn...)
[attach=1]
OH GOD ANATOMY FALIURE
Any tips to improve? As I said I will re-outline it but with vector tools...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 12:43:20 PM by fonduemaster »

Shmarah

« Reply #358 on: September 10, 2012, 10:35:19 PM »
Any tips to improve? As I said I will re-outline it but with vector tools...
Hmm, I'm not the best artist, but I'll try my best. As for improvement, try to look at how arms and legs are rounded and kind of, to simplify, are in two parts? You know, your legs have thighs and calves; your arms have the part before the elbow and the part after the elbow. It's hard to explain, but it'll really help you to improve if you put in where an arm/leg would curve in and then curve out again, like at a joint. As it is, Flan looks a little stiff, y'know? I hope I'm conveying this okay. ;;;

Anyway, in honor of 9/9 I whipped this up yesterday!

(Click for dA link)
It was a bit rushed, but I like it.

KrackoCloud

« Reply #359 on: September 15, 2012, 07:15:47 AM »
I, uh, tried something new.

---
EDIT
New stuff!

Shou drawing

But more importantly:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 02:10:34 AM by KrackoCloud »