Author Topic: Caught between a Rock and a Boundary  (Read 14319 times)

Re: Caught between a Rock and a Boundary
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2011, 11:32:51 PM »
In what would have been the words of Cirno: "You haven't seen the last of Cirno!" She'll be back, I'm sure of it.

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2011, 12:11:03 AM »
Yeah, definitely. Also, I freakin' <3 this.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2011, 12:18:17 PM »
I knew people read this but i didn't know people "freaking <3 this". Now i want to write even more :)

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2011, 05:03:20 PM »
I said i wanted to write even more so here's even more! Hope it is to everyone's liking. And as always, Enjoy!

5.The Spring Festival

After having walked in the forest a couple of times, I was starting to know the way around here. It didn’t take long until I found my way out and before I knew it, I was on the road to the village. I walked past Kourindou again but I didn’t bother to go inside there this time, i kept one walking instead. It felt really good walking again and I was feeling good. The sun was shining, it was starting to get warm, a slight wind blowing from behind and flowers were beginning to blossom. At last, I arrived at the village and I went to Keine’s place. When I arrived, I knocked on the door and Keine opened. As soon as she saw me, re ran up to me and gave me a hug.

“Im glad to see that you are allright.”
“Yeah, I guess so.”
“Alice sent me a letter about what had happened.”
“Yeah, she told me that.”
“Well, come in. I suppose you have quite a story to tell.”

Keine smiled as she showed me inside. We both sat down at the same placed as the first time I arrived here.

“So, Alice wrote that you have some kind of power. Could you tell me what it is?”
“Okay. So, apparently I can manipulate the element of earth or something along those lines.”
“Do you know how to use it?”
“Somewhat, Alice gave me some training.”
“I see.”
“And just yesterday I were attacked by some idiot called Cirno.”
“Oh, the ice fairy. Was she tough?”
“Yeah, I suppose so since she almost killed me.”
“Well, go and take a look in your room.”

I got up and went into my ‘old room’ to see that three, perhaps four robes were lying there. All of them were exactly like the one I was wearing.

“I figured that the one I got for you before might get worn out.”

She was pointing at a few holes in my robe, caused by the fight with Cirno.

“Thank you Keine.”
“No problem. Just like I said before, it’s not every day that we get an outsider here.”

The day went on and all I did the rest of the day was to relax in my bed. I was surprisingly tired even though I hadn’t done anything that tiresome today. Anyways, the day became evening and Keine had prepared dinner.

“What’s the matter? Aren’t you hungry?”

I had barely eaten any of the food she had prepared.

“Im actually not that hungry.”
“Hmm, I see.”
“Keine, I have a question for you.”
“What?”
“You see, I have been slightly confused since my fight with Cirno and during that fight she pulled out what looked like a piece of paper from thin air. You wouldn’t happen to know what that was?”
“That was a Spell Card.”
“Huh?”
“You see, youkai and humans use them to perform ‘special’ attacks. It’s basically a bullet pattern stored on a piece of paper. However, most of them can only be used once in a fight.”
“Oh, so do people name their patterns? Since I recall Cirno screaming something as she used it.”
“Yeah, people do that. It makes them feel their patterns are a bit more unique.”

I slowly stood up and headed towards my room.

“It’s starting to get late, so I think that im going to go to sleep.”
“Good night then.”
“Good night Keine, see you tomorrow.”

After that I went to my bed and tried to sleep. After a few minutes I fell asleep and slowly started drifting off towards the land of dreams. Keine woke me up early the next day. She was rambling on about the Spring Festival and how great it would be. She told me to go out and just enjoy myself today. So I went outside and hoped that I could find the place where Alice was going to have her show.

As I was walking around I noticed that things looked quite differently than the day I first came here. Even though it was early, there were loads of people outside. People had set up stands where they sold food, clothes, various trinkets and other things. After walking around for a while I had made my way to a large scene where I saw a couple of familiar faces. Alice was standing right down by the scene talking to Marisa. I figured I would head over and say hi or something.

“Hey Alice and Marisa.”
“Hello there Iwachi, I see you got here safe and sound.”
“So you have a name? That could have been useful to know earlier, ze. Anyways, nice to see you.”
“Nice to see you too Marisa.”
“So, what brings you here Marisa?”
“I came to see Alice’s show and to see if someone here sells some mushrooms.”
“How’s it going with the show Alice?”
“Great. You know, the training wasn’t only for you. I took the opportunity to train myself some too, it’s hard to control something as large as Goliath.”

As we were talking, someone else approached us.

“Marisa! There you are.”

It was Reimu that had made her way here.

“Hey Reimu. How’s things going at the shrine, ze?”
“No donations as usual.”

She sighed but then she saw me and Alice.

“Hey Alice and you whatever your name is.”
“Hi Reimu.”

Reimu was now looking at me.

“Got any money yet?”
“No, not yet.”
“I suppose I can’t force you to make any money. But if you get some, please make a donation.”
“Yeah yeah, I will.”

Reimu was now looking at the two girls again.

“Anyways, looking forward to your show later Alice.”
“Speaking of my show, I think I have to go and make sure everything is ready. See you all later.”

With that said, Alice ran off towards the back of the scene.

“So what are you people going to do, ze?”
“Take a look around and look for people willing to donate some money for a good cause.”
“What about you Iwa?”
“Im just going to look around.”
“Well then, see ya all later.”

After that was said, the three of us split up and went in a different direction. As I were walking around I came across the same show where Keine had bought my clothes and I decided to sit down on the same bench as last time. I sat there for a while, just enjoying everything that was going on. But then someone caught my eye. It was a woman with silver hair, wearing a dark blue maid outfit. But it wasn’t that which had caught my eye but the fact that she was holding a pocket watch, which reminded me that my own watch wasn’t showing the correct time. So figured I would ask her what time it was.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 07:04:53 PM by Magical Girl Molten »

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2011, 11:16:18 PM »
It's Sakuya! Muhahahahaha! I bet this'll lead to something very interesting as Iwachi follows her.

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2011, 11:37:58 PM »
Let's just hope its not UD!Sakuya. If it were, then this guy's a goner.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2011, 07:04:21 PM »
Continuing from my last update, duh...

?Excuse me, but you wouldn?t happen to know what time it is??

She didn?t say anything. She just showed me the time on her pocket watch and as I was going to change the time on my watch, it somehow already matched the time on her pocket watch. I was confused, I knew for sure that my watch showed a different time just a few seconds ago.

?How did you do that??

But just as I asked it, she disappeared. This confused me even more, no one just disappears like that. Anyways, I kept walking around in the village and as I walked around I saw quite a few ?different? people. I saw a drunk woman walking around with what I think was two horns on her head, someone with mouse ears, a person with a scroll-like object, someone with a sword and some white thing floating about and a woman soaring across the sky while taking pictures of everyone with a camera.

Hours passed and Alice?s show was about to start. So I went back to Keine?s house, changed into a new robe and went to the scene. It was really crowded around the scene and it was very hard to find a good place to watch from. Luckily, I saw a familiar hat above all the heads so I thought I would head towards it.

?Hey Marisa.?
?Hey there Iwa.?
?Mind if I stand here??
?No problem, ze. I know how hard it is to find a good spot.?

Now, a somewhat shaking Alice was standing on the scene and everyone nearby went quiet.

?Ladies and gentlemen! I am Alice Margatroid and this is my show.?

There were two dolls walking from the back of the scene towards Alice. She made them dance with eachother and the crowd cheered. They flew around in the air, doing all sorts of tricks and the crown were cheering even more.

?And here is the main part!?

Now twenty, perhaps even thirty, dolls arrived at the scene. At first they all stood there but then they took off. All of them flew into the air and, started fighting!!? The dolls were shooting eachother with the most colorful danmaku I had ever seen. All seven colors of the rainbow and they were all here, flying between all of the dolls and the crowd went crazy. But then all of a sudden, all the dolls fell to the ground, causing nothing but silence.

?This is where it usually would end, but today I bring you all an extra part. There is someone here I would like to thank, a person who has helped me to train for this. Thank you Iwachi!?

Shortly after she said that, the ground started shaking. At first, I had no idea why she wanted to thank me, but as the tremors kept going I understood what it was.

?Here?s Goliath!?

A giant doll was now towering behind the scene and the audience didn?t really know what to so. But the doll started moving and the crowd went even crazier. Goliath flew around the scene for a while before it stopped right above it. Then, it started fencing with its swords in the air as if it was fighting someone. This went on for a couple of minutes before the doll flew off.

?Thank you everyone, this is all for me this time!?

And she walked to the back of the stage. The audience applauded wildly as she went away and soon the place was almost empty since people went to see the rest of the festival. Left were I, Marisa and Reimu. But after not so long, Alice came running from the back of the stage.

?What did you all think??
?It was great, ze.?
?What do you think, Reimu??
?It was good, I have never seen the large one though. When did you make it??
?I made it a while back.?

Alice was now looking at me.

?What did you think Iwachi??
?I loved it! But I wonder one thing, what exactly was Goliath fighting there up in the air??
?Don?t you recognize it? It?s back from your training, I remembered how I did back then and preformed it here.?
?What, have you fought that thing before, Iwa??
?Yep, I did. But how did you manage to get it repaired so fast??
?Magic.?

I guess that?s a fact that I will have to get used to if im going to live here. Damn all of the outside logic. Anyways, the four of us were walking together for the rest of the festival. Reimu kept going on about her shrine and the fact that barely anyone came there nowadays and Marisa was on the lookout for some mushrooms. Alice on the other hand was enjoying the festival and so was i. After a while, we went to one of many stands and got something to eat. After that, I took a look at my now fully functional watch and noticed that is was starting to get late. I thanked everyone for their company and went back to Keine?s house. As I walked in, it was empty. Keine wasn?t here, but I walked straight for my room anyways because I was getting tired. I headed for bed and tried to sleep but I started thinking about the future .I had no idea what I was going to do next since I didn?t know of that many people or places yet, but I didn?t care that much about it now. I was starting to get really tired and eventually, I fell asleep.

Im not going to introduce Sakuya yet, i might be writing on almost purely impulse but i have some plans. Also, i have somethign i haven't had in a while, homework! So it might be a while until the next update. But hang in there and remember that i said might.

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2011, 10:48:42 PM »
Your signature tells no lies. That is all.

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2011, 08:52:29 PM »
No update yet, sorry. My mind has kind of run dry, and that combined with the fact that i have got homework for the first time in ages hasn't really made me feel like writing. Im almost done with my homework tho so i will be writing soon again.

But now, there is something else. I said that my mind has run dry but that might not be the exact way to put it. I have a few vague ideas nut not a single good one. so now i ask you *dramatic finger pointing towards you*, all the three- four of you that are reading this, what should happen next. I have personally been thinking about either A. Sending Iwachi to Youkai mountain, B. Sending him to Entenei or C. to the Prismrivers. Help me get back on track, and other ideas are fine too.

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2011, 10:37:00 PM »
Why not do all three?

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2011, 06:14:42 AM »
I will probably do all three at some point but i need one to start out with. I know, kind of, what im going to write after i have got started again.

King_Rule

• He who knew and lived.
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2011, 05:48:41 PM »
Youkai Mountain
World Domination, Baby!

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2011, 06:07:50 PM »
Youkai Mountain
Seconded. Aya should have a field day with your oc.

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2011, 06:22:34 PM »
Got it! I will probably get started around Wednesday but until then, time to start thinking about how everything is going to happen

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2011, 11:45:50 AM »
6.Heading towards the top

The spring festival passed by quickly and suddenly, everything was back to normal in the human village. Where there once had been stands there were now nothing. And I was asleep, until a certain Keine woke me up.

?Good morning.?
?Morning Keine.?

I went up and got dressed before I headed out to the room where we ate before, a while back. Keine was sitting there and drinking some tea.

?So, what are you going to do now??
?No idea, I don?t even know what kind of places there are here.?
?Try checking out one of my books.?

Just what I needed, more books.

?Don?t you have like a map, or something??
?I think I do, wait a second.?

Keine got up and started looking around. After looking for a few minutes, she found what she was looking for.

?Here you go, it might not be the newest map though.?

I opened up the map and took a look. There were apparently a lot of places here in Gensokyo. There was Youkai Mountain, Bamboo forest of the lost, Forest of magic and a lot more.

?Thanks Keine.?
?No problem.?

With map in hand I decided to get moving.

?See you some other time Keine.?
?See you too, uhm??
?Iwachi.?
?Okay, see you later Iwachi.?

As I went off, I started thinking about where to go. At first I was feeling like going to the bamboo forest but some kind of hidden force drew me towards Youkai Mountain instead. So that?s where I decided to go. There was a long way though, and I probably wouldn?t be able to get there in one day. When I decided to set up camp, there was probably about one kilometer left to the foot of the mountain. I figured I would try out my new powers some more and tried to make a shelter out of stone. It didn?t go quite as expected and what I managed to create was looking somewhat like a simple tent. It was basically two large flat stones leaning towards eachother. I crawled under them and tried to get some sleep. It was cold but I managed to draw some warmth from the ground. I started thinking about what I would encounter up there but eventually, I fell asleep.

I woke up quite early the next day. I got rid of the two stone blocks and kept on walking. After a while, there was a great mountain towering in front of me. Now there was only one problem, getting up. I had never been good at climbing so my only option was to try and find some kind of path. So I started walking to my left in search of a path, which I found, after a while. It was a small uneven dirt-path and it wasn?t the best path there is but it had to do. As I started ascending the mountain I noticed that it was really hard to get any good footing, but at least is was better than climbing.
As I went higher, the path went worse. In the end, I had to hold onto things along the sides to not fall. And as I was about to grab a tree branch I heard a voice.

?Don?t do it.?

I didn?t know what it was but I grabbed it anyways, and the result of it wasn?t that great. The branch snapped, causing me to fall backwards. Fortunally for me i wasn?t tumbling straight down, but instead into the side resulting with me crashing into yet another tree. The crash caused me to get knocked out for a while.

As I woke up and opened my eyes all I could see was light at first, but it faded away and I could see a person sitting next to me. It was yet another girl, however this one had green hair tied with a red bow under her chin and another bow on her head. She was wearing a red dress with some kind of swirl on.

?Are you okay??

Her voice felt somehow familiar, like if I had heard it somewhere else.

?Yeah, I think so.?
?You must be something special then, since a normal person would have at least a couple of scratches from that.?
?Yup, im special allright.?

I decided to stand up, since there really was no point in lying on the ground. I noticed there was holes in my robe which makes sense since it?s clothing.

?Still, I told you not to grab that branch.?
?So it was you who said that??
?Yes. I could sense that something bad was about to happen to you so I tried to stop it.?
?Well thanks anyways??
?Hina.?
?Thanks Hina.?

As I decided to keep going I heard Hina?s voice behind me.

?You wouldn?t mid telling where you?re going? And your name??
?My name is Iwachi, and I am exploring.?
?I see, you wouldn?t happen to need help with anything??
?Well, do you know how long this path keeps going??
?It?s not that far until it ends, just keep going and you will be up.?
?Thanks.?

I started walking up the path again. This time though, I found something else to grab since the branch was now broken. After a few minutes, I had managed to get to the end of the path. Suddenly, traveling would become a lot easier since there weren?t any annoying, unsafe paths now. Just a few trees, lots of stones and a river.

Here's more! Since my first year in High School is over now (yay) i wil hopefully be writing a bit more now during the summer. Also, i have been thinking about writing a entry for the New Writers Contest since im a new writer, just for funsies and to get some additional feedback. Let me know what you guys think, should i do it?
Other that that, hope you enjoyed this and thanks for all of your support.

« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2011, 12:13:50 PM »
Lucky you, school over here starts in four days. Summer flies by real fast. If you're thinking of joining the NWC, then do it!

Also, I just noticed this now, but your compound sentences seem awfully long and a bit weird, mainly because of the conjunctions and/or your choice of component sentences.

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2011, 10:37:42 PM »
Status update: As you can see, i haven't been writing as much as i have wanted to, mainly because i haven't been feeling like writing lately, im at my dad ( which means i don't have my own room ), and the League of Legends season 1 championship stream have been eating my time lately.

But do not fear, for things are getting better. The writing spirit has been returning and the LoL stream is only for 2 more days. The next time i get to my mom i WILL be posting a new part of my great story. So be patient and don't hate me.

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2011, 04:24:16 PM »
This place was really calm. The sound of flowing water, the wind blowing, it was good until something terrible happened. I heard an explosion coming from up the river, and being the curious person I am I decided to investigate. When I got up there, there were to traces of an explosion whatsoever. But then someone jumped out of the nearby water, or at least it looked like it. I decided to go on but I didn?t get that far before I heard something go ?bzzzt? or something along those lines. I turned around and there were now someone standing there.

It was yet another woman. She had a blue dress with lots of pockets, a dark aquamarine backpack, blue boots, blue hair, a green cap and for some reason a key tied onto her chest. However, right now there were tiny jolts of lightning covering her clothing.

?Uhm, who are you? And what are you doing??
?Im Nitori Kawashiro, kappa and inventor. I was testing out my new invention, something went wrong and it exploded. So I threw myself into the river, causing all of my other equipment to malfunction.?

The kappa tried was taking all of her gadgets and gizmos out of her pockets to see which ones broke and which ones still work.

?Anyways, who are you? I haven?t seen you around here before.?
?Im Iwachi and I come from the outside.?

As soon as she heard that, there was a big smile spreading across her face.

?How did someone from the outside end up here??
?It?s a long story, let?s just say that Yukari did it.?
?I see. Anyways, I would like to hear about the outside. The only ones I know of that knows about the outside are the shrine maiden and the gods at the Moriya shrine at the top of the mountain.?
?Well, if you have a place to stay around here I could tell you.?

With that, her smile grew even bigger.

?Come with me then, I can take you to my home.?

She led me up the river for quite a bit. I could see a waterfall in the distance and some fairies flying around it. Nitori then turned to her right and led me into the not-so-thick forest surrounding the river. We walked for a little while until we came to a clearing.

?Here it is? is what Nitori said as she pointed towards a small house in the clearing. As we approached the house I could see various gizmos and things lying around, among those things cogs, wires and all kinds of mechanical components. As we got even closer I could see a half constructed vehicle poking out from behind the house.

?What is that??
?It?s just one of my many projects. You see, I invent things, useful things, things that make life easier.?

She now started digging in one of her pockets again until she managed to pull out a cylinder-like object.

?As an example, this is a, as I like to call it, ?Kappa Campfire?. You see, inside of this object, there is a heat source and as you open it, the intensity of the heat increases, causing a fire to come fourth. Fortunally, the bottom of it can?t become warm and has a button to close it.?
?I see, that?s quite an invention that you have got there.?
?Yeah, and if I can get to know more about the outside, what kind of inventions there are and such, I could possibly make even better and practical ones.?

And then, as she put her ?campfire? back down into one of her pockets, she opened her door and we went inside.

Short update this time. I hope my "version" of Nitori seems good. After all where would we be without SCIENCE! Seriously though, i hope you all enjoy this and as always, suggestions are good, feedback is even better but you guys are the best.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 09:42:22 PM by Molten Yuyuko »

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2011, 08:01:05 PM »
Hell yeah, back to writing!

The first thing I noticed when I got inside was that things were in a mess, a well organized mess but still a mess. There were cogs, tubes, wires and various gizmos lying around in piles sorted after material and use.

?Sit down.?

Nitori was already sitting at a really short table, and she pulled a pillow from a nearby pile of various cloth items and held it towards me. I took it, put it down on the floor and sat down on it. It was a little bit uncomfortable first, but I got used to it, I also think my legs went numb after a while.

?So, tell me about the outside world. What is it like??

I told her about the outside, all of the recent inventions that I could think of, some great scientists and some other random stuff. As I told her all of this she just sat there and listened eagerly. After I told her about that she went to get some tea and something to eat on. As she came back, she held two cups of tea and a cucumber. She gave me one of the cups and then she sat down again. She was about to take a bite out of her cucumber when she stopped.

?Do you want some??
?Sure.?

She pulled out a sharp object from one of her pockets and cut the cucumber into two pieces.

?There you go.?

I took a bite out of my piece and took a sip of tea, or at least I tried to because the tea was somehow moving away whenever I tried to drink. Nitori just sat there and giggled.

?Are you having problems drinking??
?Yeah, the tea is somehow acting strange.?
?That would be because of me.?
?Huh??
?You see, im not just an inventor. I also have the power to manipulate water.?

So Nitori had an ability somewhat similar to me, but I couldn?t do fun stuff like that. I could only make stone blocks and such. Of course she is used to her powers and such so that might be why. I wonder if I will be able to do things like that someday. Well, I had done some cool things but it was only in the heat of battle and not casually like this.

Anyways, the day had turned into evening and I figured I couldn?t start climbing again now. So I decided to ask Nitori of I could stay here for the night. I took a look at my watch to see what time it is, and all of a sudden Nitori just stood up, looking straight at me.

?You have one of those time telling devices from the outside. Would you mind if I borrowed it, for a little while??
?Sure, on one condition, if I can stay here for the night.?
?Okay then.?

Nitori rushed away for a brief moment and came back with a mattress. She moved away her table and rolled out the mattress on the floor.

?You can sleep here, now give me that thing.?
?Sure, a deal is a deal.?

I took of my watch and handed it over to her. She then ran around for a while, looking for tools and then set of for a room labeled, ?Workshop?. I figured she wouldn?t be much company now so I decided to try and get some sleep and hopefully not wake up that same what as I did at Marisa?s, to a explosion.

My god it was a while ago, but i am back on writing this. As school has started again my writing spirit has sprung back to life. And if it weren't because of the people way back when i sterted writing, i would have dumped this a while ago. Thank you all for the support i got back then and i hope my writing will satisfy all of you again. If not, please tell me it's crap to i can get working on making it better. :P

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2011, 06:51:22 PM »
The night passed quite well, quiet and calm. As I woke up, I saw what I think was my watch, lying on the nearby table. However, its appearance was extremely different. As I crawled closer to this tiny mechanized monstrosity, I heard a voice come from it.

?Good morning! It?s me, Nitori. I took the liberty of altering your time telling device.?

Unsure of what to reply and if she would be able to hear the answer, I grabbed it and said.

?I have noticed that. May I ask why??
 ?I thought it needed an upgrade.?

I took a look at the watch again. There were loads of buttons jammed onto the sides of it.

?An upgrade? As in one upgrade??
?Well, it started with one but the ideas came and I just went on. If you think this is annoying there is a mute button??

I had been pressing buttons at random since I picked it up, and I managed to hit the right one. Nitori then game running out of her workshop and she stood in front of me.

?Hey, why did you do that??
?Wasn?t there a reason for installing it??

She went quiet for a while but then she realized that im still a guest and that she wanted to act kind to humans.

?Would you like something to eat??
?No thanks, im actually not feeling hungry.?
?Okay then, are you gonna climb further today??
?Yes, and hopefully I will see some cool stuff on the way.?
?Then let me help you, I could guide you to the Tengu Village.?
?That?s a nice offer, sure.?
?Let?s get going then!?

For some reason, Nitori seemed a bit more energetic now that she was going to help me. As we went outside, there were a lot of fairies flying around, looking curiously at all the things Nitori had at her house, and then they saw us.

?Hello Nitori! What are you up to today? Any new inventions??
?No new inventions today, im just going to escort this person to the Tengu Village.?
?Okay.?

The fairies then kept on flying around Nitori?s house, trying to catch a glimpse of that was inside, until one of the fairies thought of something. She flew over to some other fairies and they started talking while looking at me. Then they flew and told the rest of the fairies what they had discussed. They all stopped and looked at me. One of the fairies flew forward.

?Excuse me.?

The fairy was now pointing at me.

?You wouldn?t happen to be the person who fought Cirno??
?Uhm, yes it?s me.?

All of the fairies now froze in shock, but then they all started saying things to eachother again.

?It?s him??
?I knew it all along??
?I could tell by looking at him that he cheated??

Nitori grew more and more confused.

?Uhm, what has happened??

The fairies then started yelling their answers straight out.

?Cirno challenged him t a fair duel but he totally cheated!?
?Yeah, totally!?
?And if we take you down, she can be happy again!?

While all of this was going on, I just stood there. Did Cirno really know all these fairies, or was it just a coincidence that I happened to run into those that she knew?

?Let?s take him down while we still have the upper hand!?
?The fairies shall triumph!?

And then, all off the fairies were getting ready to attack.

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2011, 09:28:54 PM »
Pffft, that ending. Nameless fairies trying to avenge their friend. :V

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2011, 05:17:29 PM »
?Wait what, what?s going on??

?I don?t have time to explain right now? Look out!?

I pushed Nitori aside so that she wouldn?t get hit by the projectiles that the fairies were now shooting at me. They didn?t seem to care that much about her right now, they were after me and they would try to get me, whatever it took. Anyways, the orb that I intercepted for Nitori threw be back quite a bit, no real damage done. It took a while for them to notice that I wasn?t where they thought I was, so they all started to look around for me. However, there wasn?t really anywhere for me to hide so I got seen quite soon afterwards. It was time to start fighting back.

I started conjuring up some rocks to fire at them, but before I had the chance to fire I had to dodge to the side, thus interrupting my concentration and the rocks turned to dust. I tried again, quickly creating some rocks and firing them at the nearest fairies. I managed to hit one, perhaps two of them. They quickly counterattacked, forcing me to run. Then didn?t want to let me go so then started chasing me, which obviously wasn?t good for me since they could fly. It didn?t take long before they had me surrounded.

?We have got you now.?

?Any last wish before we end you??

As they were just standing around me acting all cocky I couldn?t help to notice that Nitori was missing, I then felt a slight vibration around my wrist. It turns out that Nitori had installed some kind of ?alarm? onto my watch.

?As a matter of fact, I do have a wish. If you could just let me check what time it is, that would be wonderful.?

?Yeah sure, whatever.?

I looked down at my watch, but I couldn?t see what time it was or anything of the sort. The only thing I could see was a message where it said ?Please Un-mute me?. I did precisely that and then I heard a faint and silent voice saying, ?push the leftmost button?. I did that and something fantastic happened.
As I stood there, all of the fairies panicked. They started looking around aimlessly while muttering phrases like ?where did he go? and ?it?s not possible?. What they didn?t know is that I was standing at the same spot as I was standing before, the watch had just turned me invisible.

I took a chance and made a dash away from the fairies. It went well until I heard yet another faint voice, however this one just said ?warning, power supply running low?. I had an idea of what it meant and if I was right, things could get bad yet again.
As the voice just died away, so did my status of invisibility. The moment I got visible again, at least ten of the fairies noticed me. They notified their fellows and then charged towards me again. This time however, I heard a familiar voice behind me. The fairies didn?t notice that but they kept flying towards me, getting ready to attack.

?Water Sign: Kappa?s Pororoca?.

Nitori walked up to me. The fairies now realized that was happening, but they didn?t have time to react. Massive amounts of water was now heading towards them.

?Fairies, run!?

Most of them were a bit too slow and got hit. The fairies who were hit were now splashing in the water, struggling to swim away. As the water finally went away, the fairies were exhausted and as soon as they managed to stand up, they cursed us and flew away. Nitori then turned to me.

?Wow, you are really bad at fighting. How are you going to survive here??

Yeah, time to throw another update into the story. I haven't been feeling like writing lately. I will try to get back to it a bit more in the future, hopefully soon. Anyways, as always, i feed on your feedback and if im terrible, just tell me. The same with the opposite.

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2012, 08:12:37 PM »
Alright, this has been quite some time. The reason if this post is to inform about the state of my fanfic.

First of all, i would like to thank you guys who actually read and followed this, while i was actively writing. You guys were/are the greatest reason why i continued to write to this point. Secondly, I'm not gonna continue on this story in this form. I have an idea on how to improve this story as a whole, and i will do it in another thread when i feel like writing again. I will try to start writing again around the start of school this August. i have been thinking actively about how to continue the story even though i don't feel like writing. (I think about random things quite often)

About the idea, I'm thinking of:
Actually proofreading what i write. To be honest, i feel like this version of the story is close to crap, so this is a step towards quality.
And the big one, I'm gonna rewrite the entire story and it's continuation from the perspective of the people my OC meet.

Tell me what you guys think and then I'll take it to heart when i start writing again. Until then, this has been a message from Molten, have a continued great summer and I'll hopefully be back writing somewhat soon.

Nihilanth

• Nyaa~ like no tomorrow.
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2012, 12:48:11 AM »
Sorry if this seems quite late, I recently joined and happened to see your story around . .

Anyway, I think this story is quite good and has a lot of potential. Sure you might have some errors regarding punctuation's, but the overall content is quite interesting, it does draw people to read more of your work.

I know you have school around this time, and I suggest you focus on your grades, but also take some time to practice writing and try to continue the story, don't feel too rushed to jump back into it and give yourself some time to think about the plot and how to make more surprises in your scenes. Also I like the use of your style to create "cliffhangers", it helps a lot. Lastly, the action scenes are quite good too, though I think if you read up a bit more on more action scenes you could make it better!  :)

So far this is all I can say, also try to get a nice book from your bookstore, it helps to improve writing a lot! Just keep on writing and you'll get there, I look further to seeing your story a lot more!

Take care!  :3