Author Topic: Probably general what anime you watching now thread.  (Read 117477 times)

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Probably general what anime you watching now thread.
« Reply #630 on: January 11, 2012, 10:52:34 PM »
The last episode of Martian Successor Nadesico was very amusing. :3  I'm glad I watched it.  Pretty good series.

Only thing left is to watch the movie on the weekend, but for now I'm on to Gundam Seed.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Matt

• Perfect and Elegant Maid
« Reply #631 on: January 11, 2012, 11:33:04 PM »
The last episode of Martian Successor Nadesico was very amusing. :3  I'm glad I watched it.  Pretty good series.

Only thing left is to watch the movie on the weekend, but for now I'm on to Gundam Seed.

Beware the SEED series of gundams involve people who whine and QQ every time they are going to fight....

Anyway i'm watching madoka magica right now its pretty good especially since its a mouhou shoujo.

~Credits to Squid for a badass sig

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #632 on: January 11, 2012, 11:47:41 PM »
Beware the SEED series of gundams involve people who whine and QQ every time they are going to fight....
I've already been forewarned from other sources so I'm well prepared for that. :3

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #633 on: January 11, 2012, 11:54:33 PM »
Anyway i'm watching madoka magica right now its pretty good especially since its a mahou shoujo.

Boy are you in for a surprise.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Yog-N'yggoth

• HERE COMES DAREDEVIL
  • The Main Character (Really!)
    • Blank
« Reply #634 on: January 12, 2012, 06:45:32 AM »
Watched the MD Geist OVAs

Expected nothing but action, and action I got with a hint of nihilism.

...Where's my game?

pineyappled

« Reply #635 on: January 12, 2012, 07:07:50 AM »
My friend made me watch the first couple of episodes of Evangelion. Never thought I'd like mech anime, but it's great so far.
Finished K-ON! and really regretting it. It was a huge waste of time and I hate myself for liking it so much, especially since I feel a horrible urge to buy all the K-ON! figmas now.

Ano Natsu looks pretty, but the OP seems be more high school drama than supernatural.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #636 on: January 12, 2012, 02:28:49 PM »
There is no shame in liking K-On, it is a light hearted show filled with all the fluff high school girls do.
It is fantastic, a patron in the hall of fame of what Anime offers American Cartoons don't.

No seriously, it is not always about rescuing princesses or stopping a bad guy from taking over a faraway country in a strange land far far away.
etc.

K-On is PERFECTO, also, Mugi forever.
Probably one of the best shows this season: Another, from episode 1 of the get go there was everything and anything that a mystery drama fan could want, this show... it is reeking of awesome.

<-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #637 on: January 15, 2012, 03:37:52 PM »
Carnival Phantasm 10!  Kohaku and Hisui finally get some decent screentime and Akiha was utterly adorable.  Also I would totally read Kohaku's fanfiction.

So, um, yeah, awesome as always, ahah~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #638 on: January 15, 2012, 03:40:17 PM »
MM 1-END

I watched this in the expectation that it was going to be fairly terrible. And it was. I'm not sure whether that counts as a victory or a loss.

Also ditto on the K-ON/Mugi love.

pineyappled

« Reply #639 on: January 15, 2012, 09:39:15 PM »
Rewatching K-ON!! episode 14 forever.

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #640 on: January 15, 2012, 11:15:37 PM »
Akiha

<3<3<3<3

E:

Mirai Nikki 14
- Loved the music that started playing
Spoiler:
when Kousaka came to save the day
-
Spoiler:
Yuno is the hero Yukiteru deserves, but not the one he needs right now
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 04:13:13 PM by [insert]-tirade »

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #641 on: January 16, 2012, 05:27:09 PM »
Ep. 14 of Mirai Nikki was great! Feels like things are about to really go down!

Also,
Spoiler:
KOUSAKA-KICK!
made my day.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #642 on: January 16, 2012, 08:06:27 PM »
Mirai Nikki 14.

Spoiler:
Kousaka was going to save the day. Then he took an arrow in the-

:colonveeplusalpha:

Oh Yuno, you so Yuno.

Tengukami

« Reply #643 on: January 16, 2012, 08:31:55 PM »
Mouretsu Pirates? Hell to the yes. OP had me upside-down and threw me in; this just looks absolutely, hilariously, ridiculously awesome. ED is pretty great too. Looking forward to watching this.

So, I watched the two episodes of this today.

Everything about this show is great. It's got space, it's got pirates, it's got what looks like will be a pirate spaceship with a crew of high school girls (yet surprisingly, absolutely no fan service), and some truly over-the-top comedy. Then there's little absurd touches like:

• The protagonist working in a maid caf?, which gradually fills up with assorted tough guys. Then her classmate shows up and orders a chocolate parfait. When a gunfight breaks out, the classmate rescues the protag, and as they later have their "what the hell was that about" conversation, the classmate is still finishing her chocolate parfait.
  • "Oh, didn't I tell you? Yeah, your dad - who you never knew and you probably always wondered about - was the captain of a famous pirate ship. And he died of food poisoning, very recently, as my two friends here just told you." - "Oh, that's OK, mom. For some reason this bombshell of news doesn't bother me at all!"
  • "Good morning class. I'm your new teacher. And I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm married." The entire class of groans.

I don't know if this stuff is intentionally satirical of the genre, or if the writers are just completely clueless, but either way the show works. It's ridiculous fun, and will likely be a welcome counterbalance to the heavy-duty emotional nature of Mirai Nikki and Another.

Meanwhile, Bakuman goes through the motions. Why am I still following this series? Maybe because, 15 episodes into the second season, I feel like I can't rightly drop it. And the ED is amazing.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #644 on: January 16, 2012, 08:44:51 PM »
Mirai Nikki 14 was so delightfully screwed up.

And following Mouretsu Pirates as well now. Loving the setup so far, and the charas seem fun. Second ep could have had a bit less techno-babble, but it was pretty awesome regardless. And the zero-gravity scenes were fun XD

Moerin

« Reply #645 on: January 16, 2012, 08:46:27 PM »
Hmmm... Think I might give the pirates a look, then.  Sounds like fun stuff, ahah~

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

« Reply #646 on: January 16, 2012, 08:56:52 PM »
So, thoughts on CCS so far, as of episode 15:

• It's nice and whimsical, which gives it a sort of cheer-up quality, in my opinion.
  • Iced has made a point of reminding me that this was a CLAMP work.
    Spoiler:
    Wondering where Tomoyo's apparent crush on Sakura, and Sakura and Li's obvious ones on Yukito, will lead...
  • Spoiler:
    Drunk Kero. Just...drunk Kero. Oh, and Yukito as a magical can of mackerel.
  • Seems like some of the episodes here are starting to focus more on relationships, rather than on the Clow Cards...could be interesting.

Will try to go a bit faster, but college starts up again tomorrow, and I've gotten myself sucked into various things (Shadowrun, Katawa Shoujo, etc.) now too...if I can just watch a couple episodes a day, though, that should work.

Drake

« Reply #647 on: January 17, 2012, 12:51:11 AM »
Second ep could have had a bit less techno-babble, but it was pretty awesome regardless.
My defense is that the techno-babble works because it will never be used in a realistic or purposeful fashion ever; it's just there to fulfill the duty of going over the watcher's head because they're using a goddamn spaceship, you shouldn't be able to understand it.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Moerin

« Reply #648 on: January 17, 2012, 02:47:39 AM »
Dear Moretsu Pirates,

I have in fact heard of a legal pirate.  They were called privateers.

Sincerely, Moerin~

...Other than that tiny, tiny point, the first episode was so much fun~  I think I found something to tide me over whilst I wait for season two of Fate/Zero, ahah.

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

« Reply #649 on: January 17, 2012, 03:08:22 AM »
Dear Moretsu Pirates,

I have in fact heard of a legal pirate.  They were called privateers.

That little bit bothered you too?

That aside, I'm sticking with this series. I cannot go wrong with a series that has a theme song that Marty Friedman's involved in (yes, that is honestly the reason I picked this up).

Moerin

« Reply #650 on: January 17, 2012, 03:33:47 AM »
That little bit bothered you too?
It's just a tiny thing, though, so... But yeah, definitely following this one.  I cannot say no to a series whose translated name is apparently "Bodacious Space Pirates", because hells to the fuck yeah that sounds exactly like my kind of thing.

Although I'm hoping all the promotional material and the intro hasn't been faking us out and Marika actually gets to wear that awesome pirate get-up pretty soon, but this doesn't seem like the kind of show to fake us out like that so...  Because it is a pretty awesome outfit.

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #651 on: January 17, 2012, 09:20:16 AM »
oh hey, Anthy successfully dragged me into Mouretsu Pirates, so I AM IN THIS BOAT THIS SEASON YO.

hooray mainstream~

speaking of awesome costumes, I think since GINGA BISHONEN last 2 seasons ago, there hasn't been a protag with a costume as BODACIOUS/FABULOUS as the Mouretsu Pirate girls.
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Tengukami

« Reply #652 on: January 17, 2012, 11:51:35 PM »
The best thing is, Mouretsu Pirates is going to be 26 episodes.

Mirai Nikki 14:
Hell yes, Yukii just became Yukiteru in my eyes. Glad to see his balls finally dropped.

And Bakuman 15 was actually enjoyable, if for no other reason than I can totally sympathize with "wow you would be absolutely perfect for me were it not for the fact that you're in a loving, committed relationship with somebody else."

Drake

« Reply #653 on: January 18, 2012, 12:34:50 AM »
his balls drop further

EDIT: dropped like i just did to brave 10 because it's pretty friggin stupid
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 05:34:45 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Formless God

« Reply #654 on: January 18, 2012, 05:22:58 AM »
Spring preview over. Keeping:
+ Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou - Nichijou Black Label
+ Nisemonogatari - hey guise let's talk about the best show this season
+ Keel Me Baby.fla - ... Average but I guess I could
Spoiler:
bear
with it for a while.
+ Another - Nice premise and skyboxes, but the atmosphere wasn't really that suspenseful, and the occasional doll cuts look really edgy and stupid. Need one more episode to decide.
+ Ano Natsu - holy shit dat female cast twintails pantyhose Taiga do not steal
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 05:28:13 AM by Anarchy Formless »

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #655 on: January 18, 2012, 02:21:09 PM »
Papa no Iukoto is actually... kinda watchable, I mean, I don't watch the show for lolis but the show is deadly cute and adorable.

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #656 on: January 23, 2012, 03:49:45 PM »
Mirai Nikki 15:
- I love how Yuno doesn't have to be present but still be creepy at the same time.
-
Spoiler:
"Hey, Yukkii, why am I tied up?"
made me lol so hard
-
Spoiler:
CROSS COUNTER and cougars? 8th
is best diary.
- I withdraw the previous statement.
- Yuno is
Spoiler:
one hell of a drug.
- what is this i don't even

Tengukami

« Reply #657 on: January 23, 2012, 03:56:25 PM »
The comedy relief in Mirai Nikki was most welcome, and the "Exchange Galleries" were neat. The "Flirtation Diary" was a bit of a stretch, though.

Mouretsu Pirates, I think, is a self-aware parody of the entire "girls in space" genre. I became convinced of this when the outside mast needed to be repaired, and the girls' spacesuits had been classically designed by an otaku on the crew. There's no way the creators aren't making fun of the genre while having fun with it at the same time.

Plus, that OP is just glorious.

Moerin

« Reply #658 on: January 23, 2012, 06:37:00 PM »
So, the last Carnival Phantasm...

Spoiler:
WARNING!  ILLYASVIEL VON EINZBERN IS APPROACHING FAST

Damn it let me get through the whole thing without dying of laughter! >.<

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #659 on: January 23, 2012, 07:12:40 PM »
Mirai Nikki 15

The OP's gone from god tier to dog tier. Other than that, great hair ep. Bit edgy about the fact that we're halfway through the manga with 15 eps down, 11 (?) to go.

Also I had no idea there was a Mirai Nikki visual novel. Apparently it came out in early 2010, but then I found this website and it makes me wonder if they're remaking/re-releasing it. If 4/26 is the release date it'll be about when the anime ends.
Several innovations make this game stand out, such as the Yandere Operation system, which entails Yuno eliminating some of your choices when her bar is full (sometimes for better, sometimes for worse).
:3