Author Topic: Touhou Grand Theft Auto  (Read 284304 times)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: Touhou Grand Theft Auto
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2011, 12:44:51 PM »
Sounds like the skin switching CLEO script isn't working. Spellcards are also said scripts, so try those as well. If they don't work maybe CLEO isn't working or configured properly.

In that case, the two DLLs in the CLEO/ASI_Loader folder need to be placed in the GTA: SA root directory for them to work.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2011, 10:17:06 PM »
is cleo.asi in the root game folder or the folder named CLEO? i had the same problem and tried moving it around, and it started working when i had a copy of it in both folders for some reason

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2011, 12:33:33 AM »
is cleo.asi in the root game folder or the folder named CLEO? i had the same problem and tried moving it around, and it started working when i had a copy of it in both folders for some reason
It should be in the root folder. Well, seeing as you had the issue already solved, I guess my answer was a bit redundant.
Bad command or file name

あさらぎシジェ

• MS Paint Lasers incoming!
  • Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2011, 01:34:20 AM »
If spellcards and player model switching don't work, delete the cleo.asi you have, and go get a new copy of cleo.asi and install it in the game's main directory, where the old one was.
This should fix it - no configuring anything. Just load up the game and MASTER SPAAAAAARK. :V
Oh, by the way. I've found some new tea.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2011, 01:40:13 AM »
BTW, with the CLEO.asi get CLEO 3. CLEO 4 is very different and doesn't work with the scripts provided.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2011, 05:19:36 PM »
Thank you for your replies, everyone, especially Heavy Weapons-san!

Sounds like the skin switching CLEO script isn't working. Spellcards are also said scripts, so try those as well. If they don't work maybe CLEO isn't working or configured properly.

In that case, the two DLLs in the CLEO/ASI_Loader folder need to be placed in the GTA: SA root directory for them to work.

Thanks again, this advice worked just perfectly. Well, I still can't open the list of possible avatars (which should be "Tab + Q + E", according to Readme), but I can scroll through possible avatars well enough.

Also, I have to say I didn't entirely get what do you people mean about different CLEO's - I only "use" the one that was included in downloads (and I've placed it in GTA's root directory). Should I get a different version of CLEO? (Whatever it is ^_^;; )

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2011, 05:43:58 PM »
Thank you for your replies, everyone, especially Heavy Weapons-san!

Thanks again, this advice worked just perfectly. Well, I still can't open the list of possible avatars (which should be "Tab + Q + E", according to Readme), but I can scroll through possible avatars well enough.

Also, I have to say I didn't entirely get what do you people mean about different CLEO's - I only "use" the one that was included in downloads (and I've placed it in GTA's root directory). Should I get a different version of CLEO? (Whatever it is ^_^;; )
No problem :V

I usually open it with TAB + Q + mouse wheel down (same function as E), seeing that my laptop keyboard can't recognize all three keys at once half of the time.

Don't bother with another version of CLEO. The one provided was CLEO 3, which has a tubload of scripts written for it. However, the site also has CLEO 4 - while newer mods tend to use this, the scripts between ver. 3 and ver. 4 are not compatible with each other.
Bad command or file name

あさらぎシジェ

• Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2011, 06:25:00 PM »
1: go to link I provided in previous post
2: install CLEO v3 over one provided by mod compilation
3: profit?

Not hard to understand really. If some of the mods don't work on a fresh install of the mods, then this is the most likely solution.
But yeah, don't bother with v4. Get v3. its what the mods are designed for.

« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2011, 12:27:19 AM »
Looks epic,but can you upload it to mediafire please?
My ISP doest let me download from megaupload

Tempest

« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2011, 02:54:52 PM »
Try using a proxy.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 02:57:06 PM by Tempest »

« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2011, 07:02:01 PM »

Tempest

« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2011, 11:15:17 PM »
1: go to link I provided in previous post
2: install CLEO v3 over one provided by mod compilation
3: profit?

Not hard to understand really. If some of the mods don't work on a fresh install of the mods, then this is the most likely solution.
But yeah, don't bother with v4. Get v3. its what the mods are designed for.

CLEO 4 is much more stable IMO. At least I haven't had problems with it recently but I don't remember last time I played with my full set of CLEO mods - I'm redoing the whole game and as such, I must keep mods to a minimum 'til all storyline missions are done...

« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2011, 02:16:56 PM »
0. Will run tomorrow.
1. Is the
\GTA San Andreas\CLEO\?G?t?F?N?g\?L?q.jpg
realy named so?)
Could you please tell the original names of this folder/file?
2. Could you please tell which characters does which set contain? (and where's the difference between them?)
3. I assume, this shouldn't be torrented outside the forum. But sharing w/ friends is not prohibited?
A wandering Russian newbie.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2011, 02:24:57 PM »
0. Will run tomorrow.
1. Is the
\GTA San Andreas\CLEO\?G?t?F?N?g\?L?q.jpg
realy named so?)
Could you please tell the original names of this folder/file?
2. Could you please tell which characters does which set contain? (and where's the difference between them?)
3. I assume, this shouldn't be torrented outside the forum. But sharing w/ friends is not prohibited?
1. It shouldn't. I'll check the actual name later (and get the moon patched in the process).
2. Too many to count. Most of the characters in the games and official stories are included, but not as many fan derivatives. Some characters (Reimu, Marisa, Yukari, Aya, Yuuka, Cirno) have several versions as well.
3. Well, I did find it and this forum via Google. They should be smart enough to find this. As for the torrent, I think seeding it is okay, but sharing it...well, I can't say.
Bad command or file name

あさらぎシジェ

• Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2011, 04:06:06 PM »
http://jdownloader.org/
It's your best friend.

« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2011, 07:46:12 AM »
If that thing is really working - then i can only cry blood. Even taking into account the fact that /me 1st)has to wait only 30secs @mageupload and 2nd) can continue downloading after disconnects.
Where wert thou beforth, あさらぎシジェ?
Well, i'll give it a try.

Also seems fine to keep the original gta3.img and repack files. Good using 7-zip, around 40% volume (not yet tried uharcs)

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2011, 08:00:02 PM »
Hello all. I here am a new member of this Touhou forum website so don't kill me just yet. Though I am a new member of this site, I am not a new member to the presence of Touhou in general. Before even finding this site I had my characters of GTA SA using Touhou characters just as the topic is about, but the models appear to be much higher quality here: http://www.youtube.com/user/apr0396#p/u/0/nbgOJL9IzSw  than what I have so I was wondering if these are of recent release or if I just missed them all together. Its nice to see such a movement on turning Grand Theft Auto San Andreas into Touhou Theft Auto. If anyone has an answer for me, slap it to me.
Still using Windows XP in the year 2050
[img width= height=]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5186/shrinemaidensigflandre.jpg[/img]
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2011, 09:28:49 PM »
Hello there, creator of said video speaking here. (No, we don't kill newbies, don't worry about that.)

All of the character models are from this version of the mod, and the only models I changed again were the ranged weapons (with the weapon pack in description), the NRG-500 (it's a missile in the Touhou mod, which is funny but reminds me of Parodius too much), and the grenades (Ibuki Gourds are a bit too large).

I think the higher quality statement came from the video upscaling and compression :P

Bad command or file name

Tempest

« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2011, 10:29:16 PM »
This Sakuya you've seen is the MMD Sakuya, a model converted from MikuMikuDance. It's not of pristine quality to say the least, and it doesn't blend much with the GTA atmosphere. Since I'm the only one left active with TGTA related stuff, ask me for questions if you wish, Flinix.

I personally use the DS-Sagena Sakuya, much more sober but also better in terms of blendingness with the GTA environment. It's not too detailed, not too bright, just right in my opinion.

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2011, 10:58:54 PM »
The downloads from the first post finally finished downloading. I am swapping files as I type. I am glad to see someone else using MMD. I am not in game as of yet, but porting MMD models to work in GTA, how hard is that? I understand the many joints that you see in MMD with said characters would be pretty tough. My main reason for wanting higher quality models would be mainly the faces of my models are outrageously ugly and non-realistic, or the faces seem to be the same on most characters. A little variety helps, even if it would take away from the GTA "theme".

Also (this is for the creator of the mega pack) With the Gunglier spell. With my version, if you attempt to disable it, it rather exits the game [without even an error message]. Did you ever run into that problem? And if so, do you know the cause?

Thanks for the friendly welcome guys
[img width= height=]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5186/shrinemaidensigflandre.jpg[/img]
私は本当にお金を必要とする

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2011, 11:05:46 PM »
I guess I should have mentioned more about the Gunglier on how/when it crashes the game.

After reading the part after submission it appeared that if someone who hasn't encountered the issue, may be confusing the way I worded it.

With the Gunglier [<---help me if I'm spelling that wrong], the actual spell works fine, but to disable the cheat by typing in the name of the spell is what causes it. None of the other spells such as Haisen (the train out of frikkin nowhere) have this issue.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2011, 12:17:25 AM »
OK, I just went through many of the models and I have to say GREAT JOB! Every single one of them was an improvement over my copy. I also enjoy the new loading screen and radio stations.

As a bug, and a major one at that though, the game will not play smooth. The game either plays smooth or plays waaaay too fast. It acts like I'm touching a fast forward button at random. Sometimes everything else goes faster than I do (in the situation that I'm driving a car) and I get rear ended when Im going much faster than all the other pedestrian cars.

The game play is otherwise GREAT!

So if anyone else has encountered this issue and know how to fix it, please let me know. Thanks all.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2011, 05:50:16 AM »
Xenos Hg reporting in.
Works fine (took eosd pack, found Rinnosuke, thanks a lot.)
Except. Game crashes when using moon cheat (a column of light appears, widens, game closes)
and nondlr cheat (game closes instantly)
Is it a way with my GF5700LE videocard? Maybe shaders or something?

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2011, 08:50:09 AM »
It must be hit or miss  for everyone here who uses the spells. I am running Windows XP SP3 and most of the spells work. I will list the one's that don't below along with the problem/action so someone may compare if they experience the same:

Flight: Cheat activated success, Jump into air and Tab button does cause the effect it is supposed to but immediately screen tears the entire screen fading to white. I can pause the game even when this happens and start a new game which successfully clears the problem (until I try to fly again of coarse).

Divine Spirit "Fantasy Seal": typing in the cheat code immediately exits GTA to desktop without any error message...strange...

Non-Directional Laser: Cheat activated success. Clicking/holding the mouse has no effect. (Worked with my old setup a few months ago)

Grand Patriots Elixir: Pressing "0" to activate exits GTA to desktop with no error message...again...strange...

About the weapons, There are a few that appeared not not exist during game play. This may be just me on this part though XD

Aya's Fan doesn't appear to exist.
Alice's Grimoire doesn't appear to exist

私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2011, 01:14:44 PM »
The spells all work fine for me under 64-bit Win7, with Intel HD Graphics (gasp). I'm also running the game in XP SP2 compatibility mode.

However, I do get the occasional crash upon entering/leaving buildings, doing burglary missions with the CJ model, and with spellcard combos (mid-air Haisen, long use of the Non-directional laser).

As for the weapons, they should be in the same positions as in the stock game. For instance, the Tengu Fan can be found in the SE corner of Glen Park (where the flowers were), and the Grimore is underneath the Grove overpass. There are other areas too.
Bad command or file name

Tempest

« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2011, 07:50:20 PM »
Xenos Hg reporting in.
Works fine (took eosd pack, found Rinnosuke, thanks a lot.)
Except. Game crashes when using moon cheat (a column of light appears, widens, game closes)
and nondlr cheat (game closes instantly)
Is it a way with my GF5700LE videocard? Maybe shaders or something?

Avoid using cheats, make sure you have every file required. If it still doesn't work try playing the game in lower resolution (or try the same resolution but in "x16" for 16-bit), or even reduce the amount of game detail, then try again.

Once again, avoid using cheats and avoid having multiple spell cards active at the same time. Use one at a time and don't spam them.

It must be hit or miss  for everyone here who uses the spells. I am running Windows XP SP3 and most of the spells work. I will list the one's that don't below along with the problem/action so someone may compare if they experience the same:

Flight: Cheat activated success, Jump into air and Tab button does cause the effect it is supposed to but immediately screen tears the entire screen fading to white. I can pause the game even when this happens and start a new game which successfully clears the problem (until I try to fly again of coarse).

Divine Spirit "Fantasy Seal": typing in the cheat code immediately exits GTA to desktop without any error message...strange...
Non-Directional Laser: Cheat activated success. Clicking/holding the mouse has no effect. (Worked with my old setup a few months ago)
Grand Patriots Elixir: Pressing "0" to activate exits GTA to desktop with no error message...again...strange...
About the weapons, There are a few that appeared not not exist during game play. This may be just me on this part though XD

Aya's Fan doesn't appear to exist.
Alice's Grimoire doesn't appear to exist

Flying problem: Looks pretty odd, make sure you have the latest drivers, I've never seen something like that before
Fantasy Seal: Make sure reimu.txd is in GTA San Andreas\models\txd - without it you can't run the spell
Non Directional Laser: Odd, a simple click press should work. Make sure in your options config you have set the "shoot" button to left mouse click. Otherwise use whatever button you mapped "shoot" to, such as left ctrl
Grand Patriot's Elixir: Make sure udon.txd is in GTA San Andreas\models\txd - without it you can't run the spell

Weapon problems: It's because of the default allocated memory size of the game- Touhou weapons take up 10 to 50 times more memory than the default ones. Increase it by editing stream.ini in GTA San Andreas, and increase "memory" and "devkit_memory" to some kind of high value like 500000
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:57:44 PM by Tempest »

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2011, 06:33:40 PM »
Thank you for the tip on the memory allocation for the game through the stream.ini file. As for the Stream.ini file, under the devkit_memory there is the line for cars, set at 12. Just to make sure, is this how many cars the game will load at one time? Will it hurt if I set this higher for more heavy traffic?

My shooting button is set for LMB which is what I had set for Non Directional Lasers last time and it worked fine. Any other ideas for that one?
EDIT: After the memory upscale, NONDLR now works, so idk what to say...

The flying problem is my main concern at this point since it almost works, but then goes white. Just a little information, on a different computer, I imported a Titanic model which I replaced the coastguard model. Came out really nice. The resemblance and detail of it is spectacular as well. If I try to turn while going backwards [or in some circumstances get flung really high in the air at fast speeds which is caused by turning backwards], I have a high chance of randomly causing the screen to do the same thing as flying. It has nothing to do my graphics driver. It is updated to the latest on both computers.

And if anyone has a solution to why my game randomly plays in fast forward at random intervals, help would be appreciated. I do not have the fast game play cheat in action since I actually dislike the cheat to begin with, but the game revs into fast mode extremely highly often at any given time whether I'm in a car, on foot, moving or just standing there. The clock shows the proof of the speed up. and not a graphical issue

udon.txd is in the models\txd folder. Remember the game immediately exits upon pressing the activation of this spell. I have tried one spell at a time just to make sure but the result is the same.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:47:44 PM by Flinix »
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2011, 06:51:46 PM »
Thank you for the tip on the memory allocation for the game through the stream.ini file. As for the Stream.ini file, under the devkit_memory there is the line for cars, set at 12. Just to make sure, is this how many cars the game will load at one time? Will it hurt if I set this higher for more heavy traffic?

My shooting button is set for LMB which is what I had set for Non Directional Lasers last time and it worked fine. Any other ideas for that one?

The flying problem is my main concern at this point since it almost works, but then goes white. Just a little information, on a different computer, I imported a Titanic model which I replaced the coastguard model. Came out really nice. The resemblance and detail of it is spectacular as well. If I try to turn while going backwards [or in some circumstances get flung really high in the air at fast speeds which is caused by turning backwards], I have a high chance of randomly causing the screen to do the same thing as flying. It has nothing to do my graphics driver. It is updated to the latest on both computers.

And if anyone has a solution to why my game randomly plays in fast forward at random intervals, help would be appreciated. I do not have the fast game play cheat in action since I actually dislike the cheat to begin with, but the game revs into fast mode extremely highly often at any given time whether I'm in a car, on foot, moving or just standing there. The clock shows the proof of the speed up. and not a graphical issue

udon.txd is in the models\txd folder. Remember the game immediately exits upon pressing the activation of this spell. I have tried one spell at a time just to make sure but the result is the same.
The vehicles line determines the number and variety of cars that are loaded to memory at once. A higher number (mine's set at 24) will put more types of cars on the road and, if high enough (no idea how high it should be), can let you park a car on one end of the map and have it remain there even if you're on the other end. For more traffic, you should also adjust the popcycle.dat file and get the SA Limit Adjuster (SALA) mod as well.

As for Non-directional lasers, I have no other idea.

No idea about the Titanic model. Try looking at handling.cfg, and scroll down to the coastguard boat's settings. Are they different from those of a stock install?

The speed issue probably has to do with your computer, judging from your description.

As for udon.txd, I have not had a single issue with it.

Now to figure out why it crashes upon getting a 4-star wanted level (it's definitely not this mod, so it's either my setting changes or SALA....)

EDIT: I also recommend getting SALA, since it will often give a nice little crash report if the game exits without warning.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:53:45 PM by Absurd Fruit Publication »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2011, 06:43:15 PM »
The coast guards line in handling.cfg is modified to accommodate the huge change in mass and overall size of the Titanic ship. When I inputted the mod, the person who made it did warn that going backwards while turning was unstable and would likely cause the random flip out into the air causing the white screen shearing. I only would like to wonder what exactly causes the white screen shearing, maybe to fix the issue with Flight.

As for the random speedup in game, it is quite impossible that my physical computer could be the culprit. The game played fine before swapping in the Touhou Mod Compilation. There is something within the setup itself that is causing the problem. I am going to do the Touhou swap on my laptop's installation to see how that turns out and I will post the results if anything changes for the good.

For the sake of online game play though SAMP, is there a way to use any of the Touhou characters there? For those who do not play online, it appears that character selection is pulled in via the network since the server saves your character choice. Online play only uses the GTA installation as source for loading the map and radio stations, correct me if I'm wrong.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2011, 07:28:48 PM »
I can't really help with the Titanic mod, so you'll have to talk to the creator.

As for SAMP, I have not tried it yet, so I can't quite comment. The only reason I am considering it is to see if I can get a server (preferably one running the Touhou mod) to run my crazy carmageddon handling mod (you've linked said video earlier).
Bad command or file name