Author Topic: ARE YOU GREAT? WE ARE GREAT! THIS IS... GREAT STG THREAD DAISAKUSEN (part 7!)  (Read 119392 times)

Re: ARE YOU GREAT? WE ARE GREAT! THIS IS... GREAT STG THREAD DAISAKUSEN (part 7!)
« Reply #990 on: November 15, 2010, 08:16:07 PM »
Whee, another traditional game-over-at-Guwange's-final-attack. I expected to clear this game pretty easily because I did my first 1cc of it when I still sucked at everything and my only previous Cave 1cc was bombspamming through DDP. Surprisingly the game feels as hard as it did back then.

Fine, fine, Progear (JP ver) 1-ALL with 12.8m. I maintain that it's a difficult game, though. :derp:

Haha, nice!
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

ebarrett

Re: ARE YOU GREAT? WE ARE GREAT! THIS IS... GREAT STG THREAD DAISAKUSEN (part 7!)
« Reply #991 on: November 15, 2010, 08:38:33 PM »
The difference between breezing through (most of) Guwange and messing up just a little bit here and there and ending up completely overwhelmed seems to be minimal; with less than ten credits played I already know exactly what I'm supposed to do to reach the last phase of the final boss with enough resources to at the very least eventually luck my way through it, but goddamnit if you don't get the shikigami to some places quickly enough during the later stages you get a full banquet of bullets from everywhere.

« Reply #992 on: November 15, 2010, 08:53:11 PM »
The difference between breezing through (most of) Guwange and messing up just a little bit here and there and ending up completely overwhelmed seems to be minimal
The difference between succeeding and failing at Guwange is how good you are at Catspider's second phase BV

« Reply #993 on: November 15, 2010, 11:08:01 PM »
So I'm trying to improve my Guwange Arrange score at the moment. I don't want to submit a score unless it beats my best one.

Too bad I keep derping up the runs. I keep going even after I derp the run because it gives me a shot at the secret 50 point achievement for
Spoiler:
perfecting the final boss. My best on that was 1 hit on the first part and 1 hit on the final attack

Oh, and the key to Guwange Arcade/Blue is to not screw up the stages as well as the bosses. Catspider isn't that bad if you aren't going for score.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #994 on: November 16, 2010, 04:46:22 PM »
Aaaand that makes a 1cc in every Cave game minus Yagawa stuff I have. Hell yeah!Yes, the bars are retarded, and I found the arrange control weird too. As for the final attack game overs... those happen a lot. :V Keep going!

1cc Ibara now! :P
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Aliquantic

• Bose-Einstein condensate
« Reply #995 on: November 17, 2010, 04:19:51 AM »
Too bad I keep derping up the runs. I keep going even after I derp the run because it gives me a shot at the secret 50 point achievement for
Spoiler:
perfecting the final boss. My best on that was 1 hit on the first part and 1 hit on the final attack

Spoiler:
You might want to try that in Blue Arrange too, since the final attack is significantly easier on that one... one hit on the final attack in Arrange is pretty awesome, though!

If anybody is interested, there's a Deathsmiles II X-Mode scoring contest going on until the end of November on the newly reopened Cave-STG forums.

« Reply #996 on: November 17, 2010, 11:44:51 AM »
Wait, what made them reopen CAVE-STG forums again?
"... but what is certain is that the average consumer will continue to rest easy on his Record of Agarest War pillow case knowing that his games will continue to be packaged with things that he will never look at or use" - Jeremy Petter - ENN

Aliquantic

• Bose-Einstein condensate
« Reply #997 on: November 17, 2010, 11:50:39 AM »
Wait, what made them reopen CAVE-STG forums again?

EOJ explains things a bit here. And we're almost on a new topic now... don't give up!

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #998 on: November 17, 2010, 12:02:06 PM »
I played a little DS2 yesterday... it's not exactly a conventional Cave game, but I think it's better than most give it credit for. Playing for score seriously is pretty hard. I would participate in EOJ's contest if my 360 was hooked up to the internet, but oh well. :V
Let's fight.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #999 on: November 17, 2010, 05:09:09 PM »
Guwange 1cc!  :D

I think that was the third run reaching the final boss? Lucked a bit through the final pattern, although going in the oppose direction the fireballs go to avoid walls helped somewhat too.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #1000 on: November 17, 2010, 05:11:22 PM »
Great job Jaimers.

And great job to me too! 1000th post get. My life is SO much more fulfilling now.

EDIT: To make  this less of a stupid post, I came in here actually to see if there was any Zatsuza news. I hear Cave is going to release news on it soon.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 05:13:25 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet