Author Topic: This is the 9th thread dedicated to the recording of failures at playing Touhou.  (Read 148504 times)

Yeah, got it a few seconds from timeout and died. Haven't gotten close since.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
No deathbombing really sucks. On that matter, I should really start bombing before dying if 1cc's are what I only wanted.

Went in Yoshika with 2/2 and failed AGAIN becasue I died twice in a row without bombing, leaving me with insufficient resources. Sigh.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
SA Hard, right after midboss Yuugi, I had 3 lives. Right before boss fight, I'm down to my last life =C

Q: How did I lose that last life?
A: "Hey look, a laser aimed at my hitbox. Why don't I just sit there?"

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
FFFF...

I've taken to occasionally trying to perfect Sakuya - suiciding to lower rank of course. Just now I made it to Killing Doll, cleared her lifebar, and died during the smoke.

:fail:

I know I could do this if I really wanted to, but frankly I...don't really want to. Nor do I have the time lately to put effort into it.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
I was close to perfecting the TD demo in Lunatic with Marisa, but I panic-bombed right after midboss Kyouko since some fairies sneaked up on me.

I even did an almost perfect Yoshika run. :fail:
(messed up on her last nonspell and I stopped trying at her last spellcard)

edit: I even captured Yoshika's first spellcard ;-;
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 11:00:39 PM by Paper_Kogasa »

Wow. Yuyuko's third spell is really damn dense. Every attempt has me get it down to 15 seconds and then suddenly I am covered by bullets. I'm sure its possible... but damn. Maybe I should just wait for August with this one...

EDIT: Dammit stupid Ghost. Just 6 more seconds. Got really close there.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 12:06:43 PM by Zengeku »

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
Timing out Unlimited 214C Works is getting the better of me, too.  Admittedly, this is my first serious work with non-IN lunatic, and I am certainly not at y'all's level, but dammit, this is the only thing between me and Youmu leaving Hakugyokurou without raising arms against her own countrywomen.  And that nameless shinrei.  Well, at least it is helping me get some sorely-needed skill.  Now if only I would stop crashing headfirst into sakura BEFORE THE ACTUAL TIMEOUT PHASE AAAAGH.

Of course, as soon as I get out of the afterlife, good girl mode is gonna turn right off. >:D
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

Hmm... Using Youmu eh? Haven't thought of that. It should make things easier to pacify because her hitbox is smaller. I'm not that desperate yet.

Oh and for the record, PWG ain't got shit on this timeout phase mang.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Reply no. 999~ closing imminent, honh?
I was rather glad to have opened the ninth iteration, I suppose.

Go open the tenth.