Author Topic: Anime Central 2010  (Read 5492 times)

Benny1

• Die The Death! Sentence to death! Great equalizer is The Death!
  • Dlanor of the Ten Wedges
Anime Central 2010
« on: May 12, 2010, 02:34:15 AM »
Sup guys, ACen is this weekend, anybody going?  I know I am, Jana is, Jam is, and Nobu is.  Anybody else coming?  There is no Touhou panel this year, that fell though unfortunately, and there's a Melty tournament I'll be playing in at 4 on Friday, and I'm only gonna be around Friday and Saturday, probably.

So if there are gonna be people there maybe we can meet up and shit lemme know yo.

Jana

• mrgrgr
Re: Anime Central 2010
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 02:37:20 AM »
There is a kind-of topic about this already, but yeah. You know I'll be there, Benny~

I'll be there from Friday morning through Sunday around noon, and I don't really have any obligations (although I'll probably go to the Touhou cosplay photo shoot on Saturday at... 10 AM, I think? I don't really remember). I'm pretty much free to meet up with anyone at almost any time~

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 02:48:46 AM »
Touhou cosplay shoot +_+ Oh man.

I'll be around, probably wearing my Suwako hat so i'll be spotted before I spot anyone else :V Also, there is a good probability that you'll be running into me with alcohol already in my system, so be warned.

Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 03:44:37 AM »
I'll be going, but only Friday night. (As explained in the Kind-of topic)

I'm planning on just mucking around until 6pm then heading off to Hardcore Synergy.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 07:39:09 PM »
Ok con's over pics plz  :V :V :V

Benny1

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 09:57:29 PM »
I was only there a single day but here's what I have:

Blurry Taokaka:

Touhou Photoshoot:

Other random pics I grabbed:

And the award for the best cosplay I saw goes tooooo:

Look at that fucking key!

Sucks that I was only there for one day, and it was nice that the dealer room was better than last year, but I won't lie, the game room was total shit and I wasn't happy about that.  First year in a long time that I didn't get to play any pop'n music.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 11:25:40 PM »
Thanks for doing what I was going to do for me, Benny~ I think that one of me and Alice is my favorite of the photoshoot pictures, but there are some random pictures of me from later on with a fixed wig and gardening hat. I'll need to figure out if they're just floating around online or not later... As those show, I kinda had to rush the wig that morning, so it doesn't look very good. >:<

Also, I only saw you twice all weekend, Benny. What happened? ;_;

Benny1

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 12:01:50 AM »
I was sort of babysitting my little sister so I wanted to do things she wanted to do rather than just hang out with my friends, which would probably end up boring her since she doesn't know you two, sorry D:  I also was busy watching Pani Poni Dash and Tower of Druaga, the latter of which is an INCREDIBLE show, and I am mad that I never knew this.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 12:07:05 AM »
Yay pictures~!

And I'm so glad that Yuuka outfit went to someone who wanted to willingly wear it!!

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I see any Touhou dopplegangers in that shoot  :o

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 02:02:41 AM »
Benny: Ah, I see. Well, maybe the three of us plus more can do stuff next year. :)

Thanks again, triangles~ I'm so happy to have gotten to wear MJP's legend.

There were two Cirnos, Reisens, and Alices, but there were only 2 Reisens at the photoshoot for a brief time. The other Alice and Cirno weren't there that day, but we got to chat later on. I basically hung out with Other Touhous all weekend, so it was a lot of fun~

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 02:31:26 AM »
I'll be doing a full writeup as soon as I get back into the groove of things and find the will to. x_x 

Long story short, ACen was fun and I got to see Benny and Jana, which was awesome. I also drank way too much. Saturday was the worst by far, and the drunbk awards thread definitely reflects that.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 02:45:20 AM »
Oh, look. There we are!

Also, my sister (Hatate) apparently looks like a bunch of people. :P

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2010, 07:16:53 AM »
Glad to see Silentsword in those pictures since I haven't talked to him in a while and was worried he had vanished somewhere. :ohdear:
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"