Author Topic: Edible, it's time to troll Donut!  (Read 56273 times)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: Edible, it's time to D-Dive
« Reply #330 on: June 11, 2009, 12:58:15 AM »
Only the truly awesome can appreciate the new title.

What D-Ratio would an Edible have?

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #331 on: June 11, 2009, 01:00:24 AM »
What D-Ratio would an Edible have?

1/1.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #332 on: June 11, 2009, 01:01:57 AM »
1/1.

I... should have known better than to ask >_>

Edible

« Reply #333 on: June 11, 2009, 01:02:49 AM »
Yeah, basically. o.o

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #334 on: June 11, 2009, 01:06:51 AM »
1/512 in the house.

I need to get back to that game onna these days.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #335 on: June 11, 2009, 01:09:35 AM »
1/512 in the house.

I need to get back to that game onna these days.

By the time I beat the game I had 1/1024, then I beat it again and got 1/1. :V

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #336 on: June 11, 2009, 01:12:26 AM »
Wait, you can lose D-Ratio?

How?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #337 on: June 11, 2009, 01:15:52 AM »
*does research*

Breath of Fire, right?

BTW, Super Luigi Galaxy is painful to go through. It's not enough that your traction leads to rageful deaths more than it should, but you have to put up with Luigi's annoying voice every single second.

Luigi still > Mario though. :3

And Toad > Luigi.  Fast pickup speed liek whut.

Vivian>all because yeah

Luigi sucks yo. I can see why people like him, but to me he's just a sniveling wannabe.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 01:28:03 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Edible

« Reply #338 on: June 11, 2009, 01:17:18 AM »
By the time I beat the game I had 1/1024, then I beat it again and got 1/1. :V

(It's actually imposible to get 1/1, the lowest you can get is 1/4.)

Edible

« Reply #339 on: June 11, 2009, 01:18:11 AM »
Wait, you can lose D-Ratio?

How?

You can't, thankfully - especially considering how hard you have to bust your ass to get 1/4.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #340 on: June 11, 2009, 01:29:42 AM »
(It's actually imposible to get 1/1, the lowest you can get is 1/4.)

(I cheated)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #341 on: June 11, 2009, 01:31:45 AM »
I was about to say.

Mind you, I never got very far; furthest I got was at the point where your old captain whose name I forgot comes at you with waves of soldiers, then tries to take you out herself.

It was back before Christmas; and then we got Okami and I had to drop everything for it. Then we got Devil Summoner, and I had to drop everything for that. And by that time my interest had waned. Having limited exploration time really put me on edge.

Edible

« Reply #342 on: June 11, 2009, 01:56:41 AM »
limited exploration time

It seems limited, but it really isn't.  Unless you're putting dozens of hours into a single playthrough (which is really not how you play the game), you'll never max your d-counter by walking around (even with fairly liberal use of d-dash).  Someone did the math - I believe it was well over 100 hours of gameplay before you would hit 100% by walking around.

Edit: Now I want to play it again.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #343 on: June 11, 2009, 01:59:10 AM »
And then it took me 4.5 hours to do that one presentation. And I still gotta finish up one more presentation. And then some write up due Friday for said Accounting Presentation.

...FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

nintendonut888

« Reply #344 on: June 11, 2009, 04:32:17 AM »
OH GOD IT'S TIME.

IT'S TIME. FOR PoFV EXTRA.

May Shiki have mercy on my soul...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAohgod

* Hotaruro Tomoe chokes from laughter

*sobs* YOU SO MEAN! ;_;

PoFV extra is like the worst scene ever from StB gone on steroids. It's raperaperape x 3257. Except worse.

In unrelated news, I just got turned into a vampire in MaidRPG. :(

;_______________________________________________; IT HASN'T GOTTEN EASIER. IT. HASN'T. GOTTEN. EASIER.

Worst part is that Komachi's like the worst shot type for this. You have to constantly unfocus and focus to activate spirits, and they're all over the place, so you're naturally going to miss some. Add in her slow speed in max bullet speed and slow charge time and WUT.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 04:56:32 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #345 on: June 11, 2009, 04:55:12 AM »
OH GOD IT'S TIME.

IT'S TIME. FOR PoFV EXTRA.

May Shiki have mercy on my soul...
You don't need to ask for mercy.
You need to be asked for. By Shiki.

nintendonut888

« Reply #346 on: June 11, 2009, 05:03:18 AM »
MOTHERFUCKER.

EDIT: At Shiki. ;_; I have no spare lives. I'm screwed. If only Komachi had a faster charge time, I wouldn't have to use level 4 spells every time.

EDIT 2: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF I got a spare life during the fight, and wasted it by running into a stray bullet. I HATE EXTRA! But with the English patch I must persevere if I wanna see Komachi and Shikieki's endings...;_;

EDIT 3: KYAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D: D: D:

EDIT 4: I'm reduced to making crude noises whenever I game over. YUKA COMPLETELY WALLED ME OFF WITH FLOWERS, I COULD DO NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are good ways to score anyway?

EDIT 5: WHAT THE FUCK?! SHIKI HAS A 120 SECOND TIMER?! SCREW YOU!

...Urr...I don't think I can take much more of this...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 06:20:44 AM by nintendonut888 »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #347 on: June 11, 2009, 06:24:36 AM »
Scoring? Don't die.

nintendonut888

« Reply #348 on: June 11, 2009, 06:33:05 AM »
Scoring? Don't die.

I don't think that's quite it. Like how I can end stage 1 at 500000 points one time and 3000000 the next.

GOT SHIKI DOWN TO 13 SECONDS. DAMN. If I could actually reach Shiki more, this would feel like such a hassle.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #349 on: June 11, 2009, 06:37:32 AM »
I'd say focus more on surviving and bombing when you need to than sending stuff to Shiki. She's invincible after all, and when the timer's over, it'll end pretty fast. Besides, if you don't lose lives, there's no need to get more.

nintendonut888

« Reply #350 on: June 11, 2009, 06:43:06 AM »
Shot chance....

SHOT CHANCE...

IT SAID SHOT CHANCE ON SHIKI!

WHY???

;________________________________________________;

EDIT: ...Reimu's level 2 spell is BULL. SHIT. At this speed...not to mention you have to dodge twice as much on extra. Also, I know the game mechanics would be broken if death bombing were in this game, but damn it it feels like SoEW all over again with me pressing the bomb button and it not registering in time.

I think I'm spent. I was hoping I'd finish it tonight, but I guess this will have to wait for Summer...:'V

TRUE FINAL EDIT: ...! asklfj;asdlfj Sudden breakthrough! For Shikieiki. If I stop shooting...she gets less bullets on her side...her gauge fills slower...less points...less boss attacks...less frequency between attacks! AW HELL WHY DOES IT ONLY OCCUR TO ME NOW?!

In any case, I've been on this for nearly two and a half hours, time to call it a night. My performance will likely dramatically increase after a break.

And one last thing: WAY too many deaths can be attributed to Komachi's scope being ridiculous. If it were ANY other character I wouldn't be in constant danger of being hit by spirits.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 07:21:08 AM by nintendonut888 »

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #351 on: June 11, 2009, 07:23:22 AM »
Hey, you're advancing. If you keep trying, eventually, you will be able to beat her.

nintendonut888

« Reply #352 on: June 11, 2009, 07:27:38 AM »
Hey, you're advancing. If you keep trying, eventually, you will be able to beat her.

Heh, you're right. I guess you were never around to see it, but I went through a very familiar process on the last forum when posting the chronicles of me beating all the games on lunatic, especially SA lunatic (oh god that was a doozy).

EDIT: My only regret right now is that going to bed without accomplishing anything after so much effort leaves such a negative feeling. ;_; *insert Megamari game over screen to show how I feel*
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 07:34:48 AM by nintendonut888 »

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #353 on: June 11, 2009, 07:50:27 AM »
Heh, you're right. I guess you were never around to see it, but I went through a very familiar process on the last forum when posting the chronicles of me beating all the games on lunatic, especially SA lunatic (oh god that was a doozy).

EDIT: My only regret right now is that going to bed without accomplishing anything after so much effort leaves such a negative feeling. ;_; *insert Megamari game over screen to show how I feel*
There's no need to feel bad, there's always another day.
Also, everyone has experienced this sometimes. Heck, the only way I could capture Deflation World was repeating it over and over. On this moment I have 2/125 or something like that.

nintendonut888

« Reply #354 on: June 11, 2009, 07:52:01 AM »
*starts binging on strawberries*

Much better...WAIT.

YUMEMI.

PoDD!

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD! V_V

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #355 on: June 11, 2009, 09:01:15 AM »
Oh Donut, your despair is truly delicious.  Um, I mean hilarious.  Uh, I mean tragic.  Yes, that's what I meant.

Deliciously, hilariously tragic~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Gpop

« Reply #356 on: June 11, 2009, 12:28:36 PM »
Donut will start slitting his wrist very soon...

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #357 on: June 11, 2009, 12:34:47 PM »
*starts binging on strawberries*

Much better...WAIT.

YUMEMI.

PoDD!

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD! V_V

lol gg

Seriously though keep trying.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #358 on: June 11, 2009, 12:38:45 PM »
It seems limited, but it really isn't.  Unless you're putting dozens of hours into a single playthrough (which is really not how you play the game), you'll never max your d-counter by walking around (even with fairly liberal use of d-dash).  Someone did the math - I believe it was well over 100 hours of gameplay before you would hit 100% by walking around.

Edit: Now I want to play it again.

Really? I heard from a friend that it cuts down pretty finely. But I'll take you word on it. Maybe I'll actually try using the dragon form on bosses now, when I get back to it. Which is tempting, but I got Knights in the Nightmare to boggle my head.

And Donut, I understand your pain. And you're scaring me; if you can take lunatic and still not be able to deal with PoFV's extra. =[

Have a Buddha with a kitty on its head.

nintendonut888

« Reply #359 on: June 11, 2009, 02:13:51 PM »
Last day of school...let's not screw this up. I hope not...

And also, unless I suddenly feel faint, I'm walking home from school. Oddly enough, if I leave immediately, I arrive at home a minute faster than it'd take for my bus to reach here (last stop on the route). I feel it's the only way to end this year for some reason...a nice long walk. Well, nice except for the mean dog 2/3 of the way through that occasionally chases me. ;_;

And Purvis, don't worry. The phantasmagoria games and the shooters take completely different skills because the phantasmagoria games aren't designed to have you survive every time.

Well, wish me luck on my last two finals~