Author Topic: Idiot Princess Contest!! Deity Shrine Promotion Project (Results inside!)  (Read 7914 times)

Now that I won that one contest, I guess I'm obligated to do something with my new abilities, huh? Well...

So, it appears that CPMC has fallen upon harsh times lately, what with the famine and drought going around. I don't know about you all, but I'm not too fond of the swarms of locusts running around everywhere either. One must wonder the cause of all this is, and it's quite clear to me that it is the result of the Deities deserting you hopeless pagans for your lack of faith. Really, only a select few of you seem to even have favor with them these days, and that's just saddening. But fear not, for I have devised a plan to win over the Deities again so we can end this depression.

Now, before I get to the point, I'll have you all know that I am a very busy miko. Despite only being promoted to Maiden status a few hours ago (derp), I'm already swamped with shrine cleaning duty since the janitors apparently leave the burden of Idiot Deity Shrine's conditions to the Idiot Maidens for some reason. Since I don't really have to time to work on things like this right now, I want the remaining followers of the Idiot Deities to make something that will advertise the shrine in my place, returning the denizens of CPMC to their faith. I'm not actually going to be specific on what form it should be in, I'm cool with pretty pictures or text (you could even make printable fliers or fake internet ads or something). I just want to see effort and creativity put into it, and that's what I'll be judging you all on. In case it wasn't already obvious, the winner will be adopted into the Idiot family and become an Idiot Princess somehow (not too sure how that works, I'm still pretty new to this whole Idiot Maiden thing).

Summed up: Create something that advertises the shrine of the Idiot Deities (Donut and Suikama). I don't care what form the advertisement is in as long as it's creative and you put effort into it, but it still needs to effectively promote the shrine and amuse me somewhat.

You have until Saturday 17th. I'm not too big on hours in terms of deadlines, so just assume I'll end it on that day at whatever time I want. Best of luck, and feel free to ask me any questions if I wasn't clear enough.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 06:23:52 PM by huh♥♪!?what »

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Re: Idiot Princess Contest!! Deity Shrine Promotion Project
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 08:23:41 AM »
Have you SEEN the messes that Donut and Suikama make? Sheesh, they don't pay us Janitors enough. A little bit of cleaning is good for the soul  :D Now get back to work huh what or I swear i'll

[donut]Get back to work before you find yourself a janitor without a shrine~ :D[/donut]

Go ahead and self-destruct your own shrine, see how much it affects me. :D Hope you enjoy living in a box!

<Suikama> Nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh

<Nobu> Just hold still, my dear Deities~ >:D

<huhwhat> Hi I can edit posts too am I cool now? Also Kohaku's face looks moderately retarded in that picture.

<Nobu> >:| Get back to work! *hands toothbrush* Those ceilings don't scrub themselves y'know.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 12:46:10 AM by Nobu »
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 01:20:05 PM »
Suddenly I have 'Give Praise Unto Me, and Celebrate My Miracles' playing in my head.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Gpop

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 04:35:50 PM »
Suddenly I have 'Give Praise Unto Me, and Celebrate My Miracles' playing in my head.

You bitch. I used to somewhat love that song. Now you made me listen to it on my iPod again.

Tengukami

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 04:48:02 PM »
I'm sorry?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Gpop

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 05:16:20 PM »
I'm sorry?

You better. Now I'm hopelessly addicted to it for the next hour.

Nah joking ilu.

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 05:30:24 PM »
If someone can link me to a full body picture of Donut and Suikama, I can have an insanely badass image that advertises what they are perfectly.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 05:58:11 PM »
If someone can link me to a full body picture of Donut and Suikama, I can have an insanely badass image that advertises what they are perfectly.

Here's Suikama and here's Donut.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 07:48:58 PM »
Nobu's post up there is fascinating to read the post history for.

Also, Rurosaka Shrine > Suikanut Shrine. [ruro]Saying otherwise would be a lie, and I cannot bring myself to lie :<[/ruro]

<Suikama>  Oh man "Suikanut"? How fitting :3 Also I need my own tag. With rainbow colors.

Spidere

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 09:52:19 PM »
So I'll just put this here then.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 10:31:06 PM »
Axman Wins. Flawless Victory!

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 10:46:12 PM »
So I'll just put this here then.
The "i" in Suikama isn't silent :V

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 10:57:32 PM »
Oh haha, I thought this was acualy to advertise the site it's self and get more people on :V
oh well, I guess I can doodle something up real quick on iScribble or something
Wotters gonna' wot

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 12:35:50 AM »
<Suikama>  Oh man "Suikanut"? How fitting :3 Also I need my own tag. With rainbow colors.

[donut]:>

Also, I get my own shrine now? Sweeeeeet.[/donut]

<huhwhat> You have to share it with Suikama, though. And me, since I'm the miko/Idiot Maiden tending to it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 12:41:39 AM by huh what »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 02:58:52 AM »
The "i" in Suikama isn't silent :V

Gaaahh! Pronunciation of names got me again.

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 07:40:06 PM »
Bump because merge shoved this to like page 2.

I don't even know how to pronounce Suikama's name :V Come to think of it I'm not too sure about donut's either

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 07:44:22 PM »
Sui-Kama
Doughnut

Should be about right. :V

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 08:01:56 PM »
Bump because merge shoved this to like page 2.

I don't even know how to pronounce Suikama's name :V Come to think of it I'm not too sure about donut's either
Just do it the nippon way

スイカマ

Like that :getdown:

Spidere

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2010, 10:54:22 PM »
Well, that's two entries, but that's not nearly enough, so keep 'em coming, people.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2010, 11:06:07 PM »
Halfassed entry is halfassed (also I suck at Photoshop, so).  And I'm not really sure if it qualifies as NSFW, but just to be on the safe side:
[nsfw]http://i44.tinypic.com/e8sk77.jpg[/nsfw]

...Well, it's a perfectly legitimate reason to worship them, right~?  Right!?
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Spidere

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2010, 03:55:02 AM »
Well, that's three now.

May as well just award it to Axman, his was the best.

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2010, 06:51:45 AM »
There's a deadline in the first post, you know? And that's still four days away.

Spidere

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2010, 02:14:52 PM »
There's a deadline in the first post, you know? And that's still four days away.

Yes, well, I'm very pessimistic.

JT

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 10:24:01 PM »
Well, that's three now.

Not so fast there, partner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvlkf-F5QVA

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2010, 10:29:58 PM »
Wow, JT.

Are those clips of people yours, or do you actively search for videos children pretending to be enthused while they're not on youtube?

Tengukami

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2010, 10:30:06 PM »
The related videos just make this one more hilarious, and more confusing.

JT

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2010, 10:30:46 PM »
Wow, JT.

Are those clips of people yours, or do you actively search for videos children pretending to be enthused while they're not on youtube?

The kids are my friend's little brother and sister, from an earlier project we did together. Everything else I found on YouTube.

Spidere