Author Topic: IDIOT MAIDEN CONTEST: Create an in-universe Wikipedia article. *COMPLETED*  (Read 9011 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Alright idiots! Class is in session. We have our first lesson in the progression of idiot succession. In other words, an Idiot Maiden contest! Here are the rules as made up by Yours Truly sent to me:

Create an in-universe (as in, from the perspective of other Touhou characters) Wikipedia page on a Touhou character.

The page should have multiple blue links to other pages and cite made up sources (via [1], etc). Using a template wikipedia uses to put information on people in would be recommended as well. The page should document anything notable the character (biography) has done and any controversy about them as well. Wikipedia pages on famous people are recommended to use for reference. Be sure to obey wiki rules, ie no weasel words and make sure it's from a neutral standpoint (saying something along the lines of "Reimu is lazy and greedy and nobody likes her" in the controversy section would be bad, but "According to recent polls, over 70% of Gensokyo's residents believe Reimu to be selfish and greedy and prefer [[Sanae Kotiya]] as their miko of choice." would be good.

Understand? No? Good. You have one week. Best entry as judged by me wins. Get going. >:D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 02:56:39 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Re: IDIOT MAIDEN CONTEST: Create an in-universe Wikipedia article.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 06:48:42 AM »
Wow what a great idea I wonder who thought of it!

(Are we allowed to enter our own contests? :V )

nintendonut888

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 06:49:31 AM »
I have no reason to see why not. Show me what you've got!
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 06:56:53 AM »
This seems easy enough :V I know a Wikipedia moderator in real life so I can ask him for help :D
"DUMBASS!" "I'd hit it" "Bear-sona~!" "Critical hits to the nads!" "What you're really asking is... "Will you please beat the **** out of me, Kanji?" "...I Gotta pee." ''Everydays great at your Junes~'' "You calling me a loser?"

nintendonut888

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 06:58:18 AM »
I should specify something: You are not creating an actual article on a wiki. You are just posting your article here.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 01:47:26 PM »
Oh this is clever.  I'm disappointed that the hierarchy got wiped like 12 hours before MJP finished the setup for his rechallenge of me VS UK so we never got to see that in action but I ain't missing the chance to reclaim my spot.

Can you give a more specific deadline than "one week" what with all the time zone differences and clock challenged participants we've had recently  :V

Matsuri

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 01:52:56 PM »
How clever. :munch:

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 02:29:55 PM »
I think bonus points should be awarded for creating a Talk page for the article, too. Apart from it being the most entertaining part of any Wiki page, it'd be fun to see enemies attempting to change facts, others arguing with them and such. It's not a Wiki page without a shitstorm in Talk.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 02:36:40 PM »
So links and references are fake or? Like: 'Suika's favorite beverage is ZUN premium Lager [1]' and it doesn't have to link to anything?

I hope I'll have time to enter something, have to study this week  :/

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 04:19:38 PM »
K, so, I forgot to mention one thing in my challenge lust. I'm busy this entire week and would have to wait til after I moved to really have time to do a challenge. I may enter this contest if I have free time, but lol move organization is the work of the week right now.

Nyeh, I still wanna try this though :P.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 04:23:52 PM »
Busy or not, opportunities don't wait for anyone.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 04:28:38 PM »
Busy or not, opportunities don't wait for anyone.

Because there TOTALLY won't be five more :P. This just seems like a fun contest, but I have to excuse my lack of participation if I don't given how gung ho challengey I was. And plus, if I don't enter, I'll at least have someone to challenge if I feel like it.

Tengukami

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 05:01:25 PM »
CMON I WANNA DO CHALLENGE GUYS CMON GOGOGOGO oh but yea now that you got it set up, I can't do it this week.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 05:03:17 PM by Tengu-天照-kami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Bananamatic

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 05:11:24 PM »
too lazy

time to be orange for the rest of my life unless I get banned

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 05:17:24 PM »
But now we're darkgray, not orange.

nintendonut888

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 05:30:03 PM »
Can you give a more specific deadline than "one week" what with all the time zone differences and clock challenged participants we've had recently  :V

Point. Hmm...

Alright then, the deadline will be April 10 at 12:00 AM PST. That gives 7 days from now.

I think bonus points should be awarded for creating a Talk page for the article, too. Apart from it being the most entertaining part of any Wiki page, it'd be fun to see enemies attempting to change facts, others arguing with them and such. It's not a Wiki page without a shitstorm in Talk.

Sure, if you think you can manage it. I'm glad everyone is hopping on board with this challenge. I hope to see good things. :D

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 05:44:04 PM »
Oh boy. The talk page thing gives me an idea. Sending a question via PM because I don't want others to steal my idea. :V

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2010, 05:45:13 PM »
CMON I WANNA DO CHALLENGE GUYS CMON GOGOGOGO oh but yea now that you got it set up, I can't do it this week.

Again, I was explaining the situation, and initially had planned to challenge an empty slot, with the challenge date set after I moved. I'm pretty sure the challenge would have been set up even if I didn't say anything thouh.

Tengukami

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2010, 05:50:42 PM »
Only remarking on the hilarity of that, that's all, UK.

I won't be taking part in this, 'nut. Just wanted to toss my two cents in. Would love to see some Touhou Talk page drama.

Kerigis

• *Gnaws Donut*
  • Bow down before the true administrator!
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 07:02:03 PM »
I'd really go for this, except for the fact I'm kinda busy to do it.

I'm so sorry, Okuu... T_T

Powerup punchin'!

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 08:13:06 PM »
I know this is going to be a bit foolish of a question here, but April 10th 12:00 AM PST as in, When the day turns to April 10th or when April 10th ends?

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2010, 08:13:31 PM »
I like to join too, but I have a few questions first.

The rules state that the page must contain links to supporting information, just like a real wikipedia page. However, most celebrity pages contain info of family members and famous friends, who most of the time also have their own pages. Do you have to make pages for them too and let the main character page link to them? If so, where do you keep those? Do you also post those here? In fact, where do you leave all the sources that the blue links send you to? Do you also post them here? It's going to be hectic to make thirty pages of made-up reference material for one character. Unless it's allowed to link to Perfect Memento and Touhou Wiki.

And how drastic are you allowed to make things up? For example, am I allowed to say that Shinki's spouse is Overlord Zetta?

nintendonut888

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 08:34:49 PM »
The blue links don't actually have to link to anywhere, and the sources can be completely made up. Just bold the blue links like this and it'll be fine.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 08:46:59 PM »
Shinki's spouse is Overlord Zetta

THIS is pure F***ing win! Whoever does something for Shinki, Kanako or Suwako needs to mention a spouse being some really powerful Demon from some other game... Suwako and Baal anyone XD Maybe Kanako and Laharl xDxDxD * a tornado and army of frogs try to kill MystearicaUtsuho

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 09:24:58 PM »
THIS is pure F***ing win! Whoever does something for Shinki, Kanako or Suwako needs to mention a spouse being some really powerful Demon from some other game... Suwako and Baal anyone XD Maybe Kanako and Laharl xDxDxD * a tornado and army of frogs try to kill MystearicaUtsuho

I'd think Suwako's hubby would be Gamabunta, the toad king from Naruto...

I think you can make funny pairings like this for anyone. Like saying that Flandre's boyfriend is Marx from Kirby Super Star :V

nintendonut888

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 07:55:40 PM »
I feel this needs a bump to remind people of the deadline (April 10 12:00 AM PST). I hope to see some entries. You don't know what they do to us if our challenges are failures.  :ohdear:

triangles

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 08:44:49 PM »
Oh the bump reminds me.
Is there an actual Wiki template?  Maybe I'm just dumb but I can't seem to find it, just the textbox to type in on Wikipedia  ???

nintendonut888

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2010, 09:44:21 PM »
Once more, you don't need to actually use a wiki template, just type out a mock article. Points won't be deducted if you don't make links to each individual section or stuff like that.

triangles

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2010, 11:11:52 PM »
Another thing, it's been asked for what 12am exactly refers to but not yet answered: Friday going into Saturday or Saturday going into Sunday?  (I think it's the former?)

Again with the "MotK is bad with clocks" thing  :V

[donut]When it becomes the tenth is the deadline. That help?[/donut]

Yah that works, you should change it to like 12:05am to eliminate ambiguity in the OP.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2010, 10:31:59 PM »
I'm almost finished Donut. How much time is left? I still need to make all those fake links blue and make all the notes, but beyond that it's ready. Can I still post it?