Author Topic: Just admit it, you STILL watch American Idol and you even VOTE for your favs.  (Read 21724 times)

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
Do you now?

I bet you do.

ITT we discuss American Idol.

lol Mere Doyle. http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Mere_Doyle

and well, I thought the old guy who did Pants to the ground was kinda cool.
he shoulda gotten in despite his age.

2010 idol will suck in general, because last year there was Lambert.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
I have never seen a second of this show, and I really don't intend to start.

Sorry, but you're wrong

♛ Apher-Forte

well, boogers for you then Vic, I watch it and I like it.
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Dragoshi

• Some sort of lurking trainwreck
  • May or may not exist. Possibly. Maybe.
I have never seen a second of this show, and I really don't intend to start.

Sorry, but you're wrong

I pretty much share my sentiments with this. :x
All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

Slowpoke

• Media Analyst
Actually I don't watch American Idol, though I did set aside a moment to troll her DA page.

Also, lol ED

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Once I realized that a person could get to the finals solely on being 'hot', I stopped watching.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
well, boogers for you then Vic, I watch it and I like it.

When I say you're wrong, I don't mean about watching it, I mean about my closeted viewing.

Really though, it's astonishing to me that people get so into watching it.  Good on you for being international support!

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
I've never watched it because I can't, and I don't intend to. I have a TV, but it doesn't have any channels. I just use it to play my consoles and watch my movies.

All I know about American Idol this season is this

Edit: Oh you already posted it

my bad

I laughed my ass off when she started crying. Am I a bad person?

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
American Idol will lose its purpose when Simon Cowell leaves. Come on, who else can crush other people's dreams like he can?

Nope :smug:

I never watch Amerikan Idol even back when it started. I'm always surprised to hear that its still going on.

When things like this happen then that about all I watch.

Momiji

• Cya
Do you now?

I bet you do.
I don't even have a TV.  =|

Easy Mode

I saw that and laughed myself silly.

Then ran right back into my room to snuggle into a JAPANESE ANIMATION pillow. :C

My mom was all "hay look dat 1 of ur ppl, moed!"

I was disgusted.

♛ Apher-Forte

I saw that and laughed myself silly.

Then ran right back into my room to snuggle into a JAPANESE ANIMATION pillow. :C

My mom was all "hay look dat 1 of ur ppl, moed!"

I was disgusted.

OWNED.

See, that is why you only keep the pillows if you have a mum who also has one and can troll DA and Myspaces.

YOU DEVILZZ DON"T YOU KNOW SHE HAS ASSBURGERS? HOW CAN YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT YOU HORRIBLE PERSON?!

/lol

???

I do mean the sum of the finalists who will get through audition and within the first of 25 peoples.
I am betting only 6 can actually sing this year. and I just might be right.

Here however, we have a drinking game based on the popularity of idols night.
everytime someone makes a fool out of themselves on stage or offstage drama, we drink.
and that is a lot of beers mind you.

(almost better than playing guitar hero while being drunk)
American Idol will lose its purpose when Simon Cowell leaves. Come on, who else can crush other people's dreams like he can?

Ellen Degeneres

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
I only watch the audition rounds just to see hopes and dreams crushed but I hadn't in the past few years.
Apparently, I am missing out on many many things.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
I watched like the second season, but beyond that have seen nothing more.
I care not to.
As a singer, I think it's silly that such a shortcut exists. Plus, if anyone actually good comes from the show I'll hear their music later on.

♛ Apher-Forte

you are a singer?

wow, then, well, good for you then. But I don't agree with your stand point, this is merely a way to superstardom, most people even you with your great vocals no doubt that I believe you do, will never reach that status.

Everyone wants to be a star, if this show can grant 15 minutes of fame and give rise to one, why not?
I don't believe producers and star finders actively go to every bar in the corner of a sleepy town to seek out a great singer, so why not attract them to a single spot and put them to a test, while making money?

there is no actual shortcut, just another way.
or to the unlucky band, a lifetime spent waiting in line to perform a song at a concert that nobody cares about or worse still, dad's garage or mom's basement/

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
I only like watching the first episode or two in a season in hopes of seeing people like William Hung. I have little love for real vocals (why all my fave Touhou remixes are non-vocal I guess), so there's really little incentive for me to watch more.

It's funny though because I have a cousin who is god-awful at singing, and yet he somehow makes a career out of it. And he actually thinks he's good. He's a really nice guy though, so you can't turn him down when he invites you to one of his performances.

Seriously though, I have no idea how he actually makes a career out of it, my family is NOT the only one who thinks he's awful. It's like he's completely tone deaf, everyone's always laughing as they walk past and hear him.

I lost all interest for Singing talent shows in general once I saw these guys (even though i wasn't a big fan beforehand)

I still watch the auditions though, for the cheap laughs, but I don't bother with anything past that.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 11:28:02 PM by Doomsday93 »

♛ Apher-Forte

It is still better than attending my local neighborhood's garage band competition.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
I stopped watching TV mainly because of such shows and reality shows. I puke on them..

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
I stopped watching TV mainly because of such shows and reality shows. I puke on them..
Same here, my TV is only there for my games

"Scripted Reality", the worst thing TV has come up with ever...

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
If I do watch TV it is generally the news, some gangster / action movies / documentaries ( if there are any good ones ) or Discovery channel / Eurosport. Aside from that MTV, TMF and other Dutch channels can die.

Same here, my TV is only there for my games

"Scripted Reality", the worst thing TV has come up with ever...

"Scripted Reality"?

Examples, please.
"... but what is certain is that the average consumer will continue to rest easy on his Record of Agarest War pillow case knowing that his games will continue to be packaged with things that he will never look at or use" - Jeremy Petter - ENN

Dead Princess Sakana

"Scripted Reality"?

Examples, please.
I dunno if it's a term used in other countries as well, but I know it's been in use here in Germany for a while now (they use English terms for eveything new to make it sound 'modern').

It's basically the concept behind most of those 'reality' shows. Because filming people in their actual daily life will often be boring for the viewers, the producers write scripts for certain events (quarrels, reconcilations, all that drama stuff) that might be possible in reality. Then they let the filmed people play by this script. That's why it's called 'scripted reality'.

♛ Apher-Forte

oh well, then does anyone watch So You Think You Can Dance?

I don't think you can script that.

Dead Princess Sakana

oh well, then does anyone watch So You Think You Can Dance?

I don't think you can script that.
That looks like a 'casting show', those are different.
At least I think so, never watched one myself.
I don't know how prominent 'reality shows' are in other countries, maybe they're a European phenomenom?

♛ Apher-Forte

Great, so erm, still doesn't answer tho, does anyone watch SYTYCD? (so you thi )ry

I personally find it much more significant than watching American Idol, which is frankly quite mundane past the auditions, and unless narrowed down to last 10 or so.