Author Topic: Chen's Day Out! ヾ(^∇^)  (Read 176227 times)

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
Re: Chen's Day Out! ヾ(^∇^)
« Reply #300 on: January 03, 2010, 06:37:50 AM »
> Did we ever meet a Sasha? Or a miss Satsuki?

> Tell Suika what Yuugi said.
Wotters gonna' wot

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #301 on: January 03, 2010, 08:58:32 AM »
> Wrestle a bear

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #302 on: January 03, 2010, 09:00:19 AM »
> Wrestle a bear

> I would never Wrestle Chen, I'd end up cat food!
Wotters gonna' wot

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #303 on: January 03, 2010, 09:15:42 AM »
> Did we ever meet a Sasha? Or a miss Satsuki?

> Tell Suika what Yuugi said.

These people don't exist! You wonder why you'd -ever consider bringing them up. ever.-

You take a shifty route and mention Suika seems like shes been drinking less. Suika frowns and nods in agreement.

"S'all fine, but... I just don't feel like it some times. I mostly just drink lately because its a part of my life at this point. The fun of it just got sucked straight out..."

You think you get how serious this is now.

> Wrestle a bear
> I would never Wrestle Chen, I'd end up cat food!

You lack a bear to wrestle, either way!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #304 on: January 03, 2010, 09:26:14 AM »
>"What made it fun before?"

Chaore

« Reply #305 on: January 03, 2010, 09:38:07 AM »
>"What made it fun before?"

Suika sighs and swishes her gourd wistfully as you question her.

"I think it was the context, just running around, drinking sake and messing around with everyone. Really, I think it was the fact it was a good time to drink that made it really fun. It wasn't just... being an Oni that made it fun, it was being an Oni and messing around. Now though? Small city of stick headed Tengu and a few other Oni, and they can party, but they're just no fun to mess with! Always ends in a fist fight, and even with Yuugi those can get kinda boring. No knives flying about, Or talismans, or giant laser beams... Just fists. Its just not the same..."

Suika lifts the gourd to her mouth and takes a sip, and for once, you don't think she really wanted to.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #306 on: January 03, 2010, 09:44:11 AM »
You're not aware of what being in a vacuum means, do you. They're pretty much constantly imploding over and over

> Oh, parser, it is on. The human body, on which a Youkai's body is modeled, is remarkably resilient, even when exposed to hard vacuum. There will certainly be no exploding or imploding going on. Minor blood vessels in exposed tissues may burst, but the rest are certainly strong enough to withstand the initial pressure difference, after which everything becomes much easier. The greatest threat, then, would be the near-absolute-zero temperature and suffocation. Mokou would be highly resistant to thermal shock, and her body is continually re-created every time she resurrects, which means she experiences a period of consciousness before she suffocates, which could last from several dozen seconds to a few minutes, depending on her constitution.
> Now, I don't want to argue with the parser, as it's really counterproductive to the whole game, so I'm fine if it's established that they're forever lost in time and SPAAAAAACE (tm), but otherwise the immortals are some of our most potent allies, potentially, and I'll try my best to get them back.
> Apologies for being contrary.

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #307 on: January 03, 2010, 09:49:21 AM »
Shut up, Fightest.

> Insister that if we can get a new Shrine Maiden, we could bring back the spell card laws, and things would start to go back to how they were

> Contemplate if it would be a good idea to let Suika and Yuugi in on our plan to bring Yukari back to her senses, or at the verry least, make her not alive anymore.
Wotters gonna' wot

Chaore

« Reply #308 on: January 03, 2010, 10:10:27 AM »
> Oh, parser, it is on. The human body, on which a Youkai's body is modeled, is remarkably resilient, even when exposed to hard vacuum. There will certainly be no exploding or imploding going on. Minor blood vessels in exposed tissues may burst, but the rest are certainly strong enough to withstand the initial pressure difference, after which everything becomes much easier. The greatest threat, then, would be the near-absolute-zero temperature and suffocation. Mokou would be highly resistant to thermal shock, and her body is continually re-created every time she resurrects, which means she experiences a period of consciousness before she suffocates, which could last from several dozen seconds to a few minutes, depending on her constitution.
> Now, I don't want to argue with the parser, as it's really counterproductive to the whole game, so I'm fine if it's established that they're forever lost in time and SPAAAAAACE (tm), but otherwise the immortals are some of our most potent allies, potentially, and I'll try my best to get them back.
> Apologies for being contrary.

>After extended research, apparently you're right. On the other hand, My point kind of stands as well. Given the superhuman nature of the immortals, they may even be able to last more than the standard 15 seconds, but those are stressed, desperate, seconds. You're really not getting much done. You try dying constantly and reviving constantly and tell me how easy it is to concentrate on fixing whats killing you.
>I appreciate the fact you want them back, There may be a way I've not thought of too! But unfortunately, Eientei is space-bound for the moment, Yukari thinks her torments through.
>You've given me some science to rub in a smug friend of mine's face, I think we can call each other cool.

Shut up, Fightest.

> Insist that if we can get a new Shrine Maiden, we could bring back the spell card laws, and things would start to go back to how they were

> Contemplate if it would be a good idea to let Suika and Yuugi in on our plan to bring Yukari back to her senses, or at the very least, make her not alive anymore.

>Its cool, Its cool, When physics involved, even arguing can get fun and educational! : D

You really really don't like seeing Suika so... Downtrodden, so you pitch how we can at least semi-fix this. A new shrine-maiden, spell card laws, everything that made Gensokyo it.

Suika smiles a bit. "That'd be wonderful. But I'm not sure if just a shrine maiden can fix whats happened to Gensokyo... But its definitely a project worth doing."

...You're not sure. You're seriously not sure, Just the idea of her being alive could throw everyone into fear and panic like the Tengu.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #309 on: January 03, 2010, 10:26:10 AM »
>Say: "I might have kinda an idea, Kappa and humans are friends, right? Maybe a kappa could help us find someone to take Reimu's place? They can ask humans about things, right? Even if doesn't work, we might be able to get an idea what they're doing, right?"

Chaore

« Reply #310 on: January 03, 2010, 10:31:40 AM »
>Say: "I might have kinda an idea, Kappa and humans are friends, right? Maybe a kappa could help us find someone to take Reimu's place? They can ask humans about things, right? Even if doesn't work, we might be able to get an idea what they're doing, right?"

Suika nods with a frown. "Theoretically, we could do that... But when I say the Tengu are sticks in the mud, I mean it. No ones been able to leave without causing a ruckus, They'll prolly let you go being an outsider, but a Kappa? They'd shout spy and start trying to hunt them down. And then everything would come crashin' straight into a pile of mess. Have I mentioned the Tengu are really stupid and stubborn beyond all expectations lately? Frikkin' birds... Unbelievable, Ain't it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #311 on: January 03, 2010, 10:37:38 AM »
>"Is it the tengu in general being like that, or just a few people whipping up a frenzy?"

Chaore

« Reply #312 on: January 03, 2010, 10:41:06 AM »
>"Is it the tengu in general being like that, or just a few people whipping up a frenzy?"

"Pretty much in general, I mean, They all seem to share the same view. 'This mountain is ours, we need to do anything to protect it!'. They take it to a stupid extent though, its like anything that didn't exist on the mountain before is suddenly poisonous. The fact they literally are too scared to lose us is the only reason they're not trying to skewer you at this moment."

Fightest

« Reply #313 on: January 03, 2010, 02:15:59 PM »
Quote from: Chaore
unfortunately, Eientei is space-bound for the moment
> That's all I needed to hear :). I'll leave them be until some relevant plot token comes up.

> Nod at Suika's comments.
> "It's probably for the best not to rile the tengu up at the moment, it's understandable that they're really jumpy."
> Pause.
> "The tengu see you as a major ally, right? That means you could probably gather a lot of influence with them, put yourself in a leadership position. I've heard someone worry about a new leader being a potential destructive influence, but, from what I see, a stiff breeze could be a potential destructive influence at the rate things are going."
> Don't let her respond quite yet.
> "We've gotta band together, right? if we youkai separate, this whole land will fall apart. We've all gotta make sacrifices."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #314 on: January 03, 2010, 02:17:46 PM »
> Fast forward to Moriya Shrine.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Chaore

« Reply #315 on: January 03, 2010, 02:36:48 PM »
> That's all I needed to hear :). I'll leave them be until some relevant plot token comes up.

> Nod at Suika's comments.
> "It's probably for the best not to rile the tengu up at the moment, it's understandable that they're really jumpy."
> Pause.
> "The tengu see you as a major ally, right? That means you could probably gather a lot of influence with them, put yourself in a leadership position. I've heard someone worry about a new leader being a potential destructive influence, but, from what I see, a stiff breeze could be a potential destructive influence at the rate things are going."
> Don't let her respond quite yet.
> "We've gotta band together, right? if we youkai separate, this whole land will fall apart. We've all gotta make sacrifices."

>Good man.

You pitch your campaign to Suika, just to make sure she knows what its going to take. She nods in agreement, ending in if only one, swig just for the hell of it this time. "Yeah. Someones gotta stick us all together."

> Fast forward to Moriya Shrine.

You skip ahead to reaching the shrine, Its... You're not sure how to describe it. Yukari must have had SOME pent up rage to the Moriya. Half of the shrine is just dust, you're sure most of it just flew away some time. The other half is -pieces and boards, knocked over to cover the dusted half. The entire area around the shrine is full of potholes and scorched ground. The only untouched area is Suwako's old pond.

Fightest

« Reply #316 on: January 03, 2010, 02:51:28 PM »
> Buildings can be rebuilt. Gods, however...
> Shout at the wreckage:
> "Is there anyone alive out there?"
> Shrug at Suika. Don't really expect a response.
> Start rummaging through the wreckage for clues.

Chaore

« Reply #317 on: January 03, 2010, 03:10:32 PM »
> Buildings can be rebuilt. Gods, however...
> Shout at the wreckage:
> "Is there anyone alive out there?"
> Shrug at Suika. Don't really expect a response.
> Start rummaging through the wreckage for clues.

You shout just to be sure. ...As expected, You really don't get an answer. You turn to shrug at Suika as she rubs the back of her head.

"Well, I wouldn't be surprised, Tengu avoid this place like the plague... Ah, Well, We should probably atleast offer them a prayer or two before we dig, aye?"

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #318 on: January 03, 2010, 08:31:03 PM »
> Before starting the prayer, a little theory popped in your head. It's unlikely, but it might be Gensokyo's only chance.
> You remember that deceased spirits who are vengeful or still have something important to do tend to linger in the world, most commonly in Hakugyokurou. You're not sure, but the miko appeared to be very devoted to her job. There is a possibility, a slight possibility, that her spirit stil lingers in Hakugyokurou, and could be brought back in this world! A certain ghost princess proves it is possible for one to keep existing after death. If you manage to bring the Shrine Maiden's spirit back in Gensokyo, she might be able to bring up the barrier again, and maintain it forever thanks to her now eternal existence! Otherwise, she could also pass on her Hakurei knowledge over to a new potential Shrine Maiden.
> Consult this possibility with Suika.
> If she says it's nonsense, continue praying for the lost gods.

Chaore

« Reply #319 on: January 03, 2010, 08:37:24 PM »
> Before starting the prayer, a little theory popped in your head. It's unlikely, but it might be Gensokyo's only chance.
> You remember that deceased spirits who are vengeful or still have something important to do tend to linger in the world, most commonly in Hakugyokurou. You're not sure, but the miko appeared to be very devoted to her job. There is a possibility, a slight possibility, that her spirit stil lingers in Hakugyokurou, and could be brought back in this world! A certain ghost princess proves it is possible for one to keep existing after death. If you manage to bring the Shrine Maiden's spirit back in Gensokyo, she might be able to bring up the barrier again, and maintain it forever thanks to her now eternal existence! Otherwise, she could also pass on her Hakurei knowledge over to a new potential Shrine Maiden.
> Consult this possibility with Suika.
> If she says it's nonsense, continue praying for the lost gods.

You're pretty sure the Eiki would smack you straight upside the head with her judgement stick if you tried that. If there is one thing she'd not like, its the idea of anyone getting out of death for being 'important'. You'd have had better chances closer to the incident too. At this point... Well, Reimu would've probably passed over.

You continue with your quick prayer for the lost goddesses. You don't feel that anything has changed, but you certainly feel better about looking through the remains of their shrine now.

Where should you start, though...

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #320 on: January 03, 2010, 08:53:59 PM »
> Check the pond, the fact that it is left untouched is suspicious.

> Rummage through the boards
Wotters gonna' wot

Chaore

« Reply #321 on: January 03, 2010, 09:59:31 PM »
> Check the pond, the fact that it is left untouched is suspicious.

> Rummage through the boards

You start combing the pond. There was a battle here, and by all means it should've been destroyed. You're almost enchanted by how beautiful the pond looks in comparison to the rest of the shrine. The only thing you find is a wet frog pin at the bottom of the pond. You don't have to guess who it belongs to.

You go through the boards next, but you don't find anything other than a few spare trinkets that survived the raging storm, but you don't know what to make of them.

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #322 on: January 03, 2010, 11:05:39 PM »
> Decide to head back with Suika. Theres not much left to do here.
>Fast forward to tengu village.

Fightest

« Reply #323 on: January 03, 2010, 11:16:16 PM »
> Gather the frog pin and any other intact souvenirs. They could come in handy.

Chaore

« Reply #324 on: January 03, 2010, 11:34:49 PM »
> Decide to head back with Suika. Theres not much left to do here.
>Fast forward to tengu village.

> Gather the frog pin and any other intact souvenirs. They could come in handy.

You head back to the Tengu Village with the Frog Pin. It seems silly to just leave it there...

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #325 on: January 03, 2010, 11:36:54 PM »
> Inventory, quests, stats, current xp.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #326 on: January 03, 2010, 11:42:56 PM »
> Sigh
> "Bah... Things keep getting even more depressing eh Suika?"

Chaore

« Reply #327 on: January 03, 2010, 11:44:49 PM »
> Inventory, quests, stats, current xp.

>Your inventory contains:
>Slightly Ripped and Dirty Dress [Worn]
You're not sure how long you've had this dress, but it is certainly showing its wear.
>Box Hat [Worn]
Its a box, as a hat. Simple as that.
>Cardboard Box
A box that has to have SOME use.
>Familiar Pentagram [THE ROC]
A pentagram used to contain familiars, while it seems cruel, its actually the equivalent of a 5 star hotel in there.
>Frog Pin
A slightly Soggy Pin that Sanae treasured.

>Your current Quests are:

>Get this thing out of me!
You've a familiar in you that is, among other things, keeping you humanoid. If you get it out, you might be able to shapeshift between Humanoid and Kitty.

>Cutting your hair for the first time, for dummies.
You want to cut your hair yourself. You need something to cut with, and a reflective surface.

>Haunted Vampire's Mansion, What a Redundancy!
You found Demon is still in the SDM. You don't know what else there could be too it.

>A Shiny New Miko
You think the Hakurei Shrine could use a new shrine maiden. You may want to have her be shiny or not, though.

>Demon ain't goin' home no more
Demon is still at the SDM mansion, pouring that glass of tea over and over again. You really want to fix this, what could possibly be keeping her here?

>Thats not a valid command! Thats not a valid command!

> Sigh
> "Bah... Things keep getting even more depressing eh Suika?"

Suika nods in agreement as you reach the village. "S'not like its much new though..."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #328 on: January 04, 2010, 01:20:09 AM »
> "Hah... Its probably about time me and Roc left.  We'll probably be back later if we gain some headway into the whole shrine maiden thing."

Chaore

« Reply #329 on: January 04, 2010, 01:30:59 AM »
> "Hah... Its probably about time me and Roc left.  We'll probably be back later if we gain some headway into the whole shrine maiden thing."

Suika nods as the two of you enter her home. THE ROC senses your return and desire, and nods to Yuugi. "Alright then, Ya two take care. I'll make sure you don't have to deal with the tengu when you come next..."