Author Topic: Questions; I'm kind of new to this...(continued from the old forum)  (Read 11319 times)

Mugen Hut

-How can I make the cool purple watery waving circle around the familiar in these pics?
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/touhou/images/4/4d/Th11sc015.jpg
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/touhou/images/e/e4/Th11sc103.jpg

Is it possible in danmakufu or any programming language?

4) It...MIGHT be possible by making the entire background an object with a million vertices and moving them very carefully. It would be nightmarish and I would not dream of trying it.

The backgrounds in the touhou games look normal to me (from what I can see of the sprite rips).  Does this mean that kind of effect is found in coding and not in the sprites to be used?

cleartailcat

• Idiot Shouta
  • Missing
if i remember from SA correctly, there was a little bubble of distortion around the boss characters. so i don't think it has anything to do with the background.

Hat

• Just an unassuming chapeau.
  • I will never be ready.
If I remember correctly, Danmakufu was made before MoF or SA, and so you're looking at a whole different ENGINE. Since the people who made Danmakufu probably aren't going to make a v2.0, I doubt you'll see those little bubblies.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
There are no distortion filters of any kind in Danmakufu, it's not as advanced as ZUN's more recent games. If you want distortion you would need to do it manually by making the thing you want to distort (i.e. the background) an object with a ton of vertices. It would be far more trouble than its worth.

If you were programming your own engine from scratch that'd be another story.

Now if you wanted to just make a wobbly magic circle that might be feasible, since you would just need enough vertices to make a circle. Still a bit tricky though.

If I remember correctly, Danmakufu was made before MoF or SA, and so you're looking at a whole different ENGINE. Since the people who made Danmakufu probably aren't going to make a v2.0, I doubt you'll see those little bubblies.

Danmakufu hasn't even reached version 1 yet...

[tear]