Author Topic: IM Challenge#1 *RESULTS!* - The Three Idiotic Requests: UK vs Skye  (Read 9120 times)

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
“……WHAT?! What do you MEAN the Janitor completely cleared out the Shrine of the Idiot Deities after the Reset?! She couldn't even leave us the kitchen sink? And on top of that,  there's already been a challenge issued too? Great, just great.. So the idiots already grow restless. Hmm..

*Nobu thinks this over, and a smile creeps across her face.*

Very well. Send for Princess UncertainKitten and Maiden Skye immediately! This may actually work out in our favor."

~*-------------*~

The Shrine of the Idiot Deities. The imposing majesty of the new Deities looms over UK and Skye. Nobu leans forward in her lawn chair throne and looks down at the two Idiots with an amused expression on her face. She rests her eyes upon UK.

“So, It looks like UncertainKitten here wastes no time in her bid for power. Already you seek to topple the newly established order? Are you nuts? Do you really think you have what it takes?”

“For now anyway, we are calling the shots. And what better way to celebrate our new reign than with offerings to your new gods? You must both go forth and bring each of us Deities something to our liking. Whoever pleases the majority of us, wins. Simple, yes? Well then, who would like to go first?”

{Amaterasu’s Request}

*Ammy puts down his bottle of cider and turns down Foghot on the 8-track player*

“I've always liked Kaguya. I think she's a very misunderstood character. All she did was drink some live-forever potion and bam, she gets banished to Earth. And just when she grows to love it down there, the Lunarians come back for her. She can't catch a break. But more importantly, Kaguya herself is ZUN's personal fan tribute to the original Kaguya, from the Japanese folktale ‘The Bamboo Cutter's Daughter’. ZUN changed the story a bit, but he was faithful to much, including her Five Impossible Requests."

“Now, of her requests, I think the easiest one to fulfill would be the cowry treasure from the sea. I don't know what a cowry treasure would look like, but maybe you do. And so that's what I'd like to see.”

“You can find a photo online of what you believe a cowry treasure is, or you can take your own photo of one - and to be sure it's an original creation, include a slip of paper with "CPMC", the date and time written on it. Those are your options. Keep in mind, though, that I'm much more likely to be impressed by an original photo than one you dug up through Google. “

“Now if you'll excuse me ...”

*turns up "Slow Ride", takes long pull from cider bottle*

{Roukanken’s Request}

“I’ll go next. Okay, youse wise guys. Listen up. This place used to be my headquarters, where I ran the business from, capische?"

*Rou is inexplicably in a suit, holding an expensive looking cigar. He takes a puff from it before coughing violently.*

"Hack, hack...yeah, that's some *cough* good shit right there.. So anyway, I come back here after youse guys have your goddamn speeddating session and everything's gone! Jeez, can a man not earn a livin' without some freakin' Janitor taking away everythin' he's worked for?!"

*Rou turns to UK and Skye.*

"So now I gotta rely on YOU TWO to get the family back on its feet. I need youse two to get me somethin' that'll make me a shitload of money, and it's gotta be big. No handheld gadgets, we're talkin' real classy shit right here. Do me proud, and I just might be willin' to give one of you a step up in the family, know what I'm sayin'?"

{Nobu’s Request}

"Thank you, Rou. Now for my request. While I could just tell you exactly what I want, where's the fun in that? I'm interested to see what you can come up with. "

"Luckily for you two, my request is a simple one. It’s something so incredibly common, yet so incredibly important, and you encounter it on a daily basis. However, I’m only interested in it in a form fitting for a Deity. Whether you find it somewhere or craft it yourself is unimportant, as long as you are giving it to me."

----------

"You have 72 hours to fulfill our requests. Send or link your submissions in a PM to the corresponding Deity. That is all."

"One more thing: you have all the information you need, so don’t bother asking for any more details. It’s like the ancient Chinese proverb: 'Ambiguity is the mother of innovation'.. Or something like that."

"After the Deities have agreed to a decision, we will present the results in a formal ceremony in which there will be much celebration for the winner and ridicule of the loser. Now, out of my sight!" *Nobu waves them away.*

*Once the Deities are alone, Nobu glances over at Rou. Her lawnchair makes a loud creak as she shifts her weight.*

"On second thought, do you think we should have been more practical with our requests and just asked for furniture or something?.. oh well."

*APPEND!*

To non-contestants! Please, keep conversation about possible submissions for this 'scavenger hunt' confined to this thread. While I cannot control people outside of the contest, I CAN use you to make things harder for them. Hehehehe....

Any suggestions, submissions, whathaveyou related to the Requests that anyone makes in this thread will be OFF LIMITS to the two contestants. Keep this in mind, UK and Skye. (Of course, if you submit something and someone mentions that same thing afterwards, your submission is still valid.)

Also, if you couldn't already tell, my request is a riddle, with a number of possible 'technically correct' answers. Whoever figures out exactly what I had in mind, however, will get a special gift from me, in addition to my favor.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 05:03:55 PM by Nobu »
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Jana

• mrgrgr
I'm interested in seeing what these two come up with for Nobu's Impossible Request. Ammy's and Rou's will be fun, but they gave a bit more info, didn't they~?

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
???WHAT?! What do you MEAN the Janitor completely cleared out the Shrine of the Idiot Deities after the Reset?! She couldn't even leave us the kitchen sink? And on top of that,  there's already been a challenge issued too? Great, just great.."

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Rurosaka Shrine 4 Lyfe

On a related note, Nobu, should this thread be off-limits to all but the contestants, or should it be open and free for conversation?

Drake

I know exactly what I would do for Nobu's request if I were a participant.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby

Kerigis

• *Gnaws Donut*
  • Bow down before the true administrator!
This looks tough... nah. :P

Good luck UK and Skye!

Powerup punchin'!

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Rurosaka Shrine 4 Lyfe

On a related note, Nobu, should this thread be off-limits to all but the contestants, or should it be open and free for conversation?

So about that furniture.. *glare*

Anyway, about that. I'll edit the opening post. Check the append.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
Ok, just to make sure. I have to PM an image of something matching the requests

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Ok, just to make sure. I have to PM an image of something matching the requests

Send or link your submissions in a PM to the corresponding Deity.

"You have all the information you need, so don?t bother asking for any more details. It?s like the ancient Chinese proverb: 'Ambiguity is the mother of innovation'.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
Sorry about that, I got an idiot moment

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Rurosaka Shrine 4 Lyfe
Next time I am a deity I will leave a mess you won't even be able to clean.

[ruro]I'm sorry, I could not hear you over your lack of edit tags[/ruro]

<Nobu>: Rub it in why don'tcha! ;_;
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 02:35:24 AM by Nobu »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Rhino skin shoes :V

Cabble

• Ask me about my Cat.
  • Not unwilling to shank you.
Oh my god, the cowries treasure is so freaking easy if you spent a few years in _______ _______ class.
I had a teacher who used to play radiohead during class once.

ONCE.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Don't confuse "cowries" with "cowrie treasure". Anyone can take or find a photo of cowries. A cowrie treasure is something special, something ... magical.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
How fun.

Well, see you all in 1 hour before deadline with all the right answers.

Scavenged 2 hours before deadline...

I already know what to do for Ammy and Nobu's request~

UncertainJakutten

Ammy's will be easy. Nobu's, however, will be...intriguing.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
I love how confident people are that my request will be easy.

Again: "cowries" and "cowry treasure" are not the same thing. The first is a mollusk, the second is entirely subjective. If you think it'll be easy, you may be surprised.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
Ever since Nobu told me about the challenge I had no confidence in myself. I accepted the challenge just to get this over with. That doesn't my I'm not gonna try my best, even if it sucks.

UncertainJakutten

Again: "cowries" and "cowry treasure" are not the same thing. The first is a mollusk, the second is entirely subjective. If you think it'll be easy, you may be surprised.

I'm aware of this. All the challenges are subjective. But there are some answers that are more right than others. And I'm confident I'll find them. NOW, the fact that bonus points are awarded for getting a real picture when one of the participants lacks a camera, the ability to drive (if needed), and the funds to really get a camera or the film developed, is a mite unfair.

Ever since Nobu told me about the challenge I had no confidence in myself. I accepted the challenge just to get this over with. That doesn't my I'm not gonna try my best, even if it sucks.

I'll be honest, this challenge will not be my forte. I have a feeling if I win it'll be for sucking the least like last time.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
NOW, the fact that bonus points are awarded for getting a real picture when one of the participants lacks a camera, the ability to drive (if needed), and the funds to really get a camera or the film developed, is a mite unfair.

Keep in mind, though, that I'm much more likely to be impressed by an original photo than one you dug up through Google

By the wording it sound like the bonus points is to not get a picture off Google, because it's going to be difficult to get an actual photo of a Magical Cowry. I think a drawing or edited picture qualifies. Anyways you can see the Legendary Cowry Treasure on Kaguya's portrait, it looks like a normal cowry shell. But since it's a Legendary item it has to have some magical feature.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 12:02:03 AM by Skye »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
I got an idea for the cowry 8)

UncertainJakutten

By the wording it sound like the bonus points is to not get a picture off Google, because it's going to be difficult to get an actual photo of a Magical Cowry. I think a drawing or edited picture qualifies. Anyways you can see the Legendary Cowry Treasure on Kaguya's portrait, it looks like a normal cowry shell. But since it's a Legendary items it has to have some magical feature.

Fair point. But I also can't draw :P. Or really edit, but I have resources for that.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Ok, so maybe I lied a little bit on not offering any more clarifications.

You can include a short explanation with your submission as to why/how it falls under our requests, if you don't think it's readily apparent or obvious.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Just letting you guys know you have a little under 19 hours remaining for the contest. Do not fail us! We want stuff. >:3

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
Would you be happy with a Stuffman?

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
And what exactly is a Stuffman?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi

UncertainJakutten

Just letting you guys know you have a little under 19 hours remaining for the contest. Do not fail us! We want stuff. >:3

Hai hai, I'll have 10 hours when I get back from church. But I already told you I was going to take two hours to do this challenge.

UncertainJakutten

Hey, Nobu-nee, would you PM me a 2 hour warning so I can procrastinate?