Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments the Fourth  (Read 149398 times)

Jana

• mrgrgr
Re: Touhou Accomplishments the Fourth
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2009, 12:05:33 AM »
...I assume you're not playing on Normal like I am? ;_;

Anyway, I just got back tot he dorm after a long day out. I might give PoDD a try later when I'm more relaxed...

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2009, 12:06:16 AM »
You know that PoDD lunatic 1cc I once posted from Nicovideo? The one where the last two stages took 16 minutes? I watched the whole thing. Get to it.

Also wow you can survive Chiyuri for 9 minutes? o_O Her boss attack assures me that that will never happen.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

ebarrett

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2009, 12:18:19 AM »
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA WAT

« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 12:20:32 AM by ebarrett »

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2009, 12:21:57 AM »
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA WAT

CONGRATULATIONS

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2009, 12:22:17 AM »
I've strapped on my jetpack and loaded my missiles, and I'm doing alright... I didn't get the first two fights screen-shot'd quickly enough, since I have to switch from fullscreen each time, but I ended DUEL 1 with half a heart against Mima. Elen quickly made me waste a life before I could beat her with 3 hearts left. Reimu and Marisa seem to have given me an easier time.

This is a work in pregress, although I don't think I'm even going to get to Chiyuri at this rate... Still, it's not bad for not having played this game in months, I suppose.

nintendonut888

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2009, 12:23:03 AM »
Number of people known to have 1cc'd PoDD lunatic: 4

Good job. :D Now if Baity does it we can have 5, a round number.

As for me, I'm trying to figure out Hypercam because it can record on Anex86. I can't seem to get it to record sound...anyone with experience know what's wrong? I've set it to record sound so it's not something as simple as that...
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Bananamatic

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2009, 12:24:44 AM »
As for me, I'm trying to figure out Hypercam because it can record on Anex86. I can't seem to get it to record sound...anyone with experience know what's wrong? I've set it to record sound so it's not something as simple as that...
I think that you need to register it to record sound. Totally not worth it :V

nintendonut888

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2009, 12:25:38 AM »
But I HAVE "registered" it. >_> I know this because my soundless recordings don't have the infamous watermark.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2009, 12:27:39 AM »
I lost a life to myself. I'm never gonna get this 1cc... ;_;

Edit: Kotohime went down pretty easy, actually. Maybe I'll make it to the Chiyuri fight after all... I'll settle for that.

Another Edit: This is what happens when I decide to randomly fight without fullscreen. Kana got me with a boss attack early on, but I managed to last... And it's actually worth posting in the accomplishments thread now since I've lived on to battle Chiyuri..

« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 12:35:45 AM by Jan-san »

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2009, 12:47:42 AM »
I think that you need to register it to record sound. Totally not worth it :V
You don't.  I record all my videos with an unregistered hypercam.

All that registering it does is remove that "unregistered hypercam" message in the top left that you can normally just crop out anyway. :V

nintendonut888

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2009, 12:48:20 AM »
Then did you have any problems getting it to record sound? : I have Vista BTW.

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2009, 12:50:09 AM »
Then did you have any problems getting it to record sound? :\ I have Vista BTW.
Nope.

Then again, I use XP.  It might have problems with Vista or something.

* Honest Man's Death has to leave right now though, so you'll have to figure it out yourself.

nintendonut888

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2009, 12:56:10 AM »
Nope.

Then again, I use XP.  It might have problems with Vista or something.

* Honest Man's Death has to leave right now though, so you'll have to figure it out yourself.

figure out

recording equipment

Donut

:<

Bananamatic

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2009, 01:31:34 AM »
:<
I've tried myself with MS and Hypercam and it records sound with like 10 different codecs and settings, so there should be no problems.
The volume is really low though :V

Check your volume settings and try to enable Stereo Mix, or your recording volume might be all the way down.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2009, 01:33:50 AM »
WE DID IT!

WE DID IT WE DID IT WE DID IT!

PoDD 1cc with Rikako~

Of course, only now do I realize that I've been playing Easy and not Normal the entire time, since I'd assumed it was Normal because I'd never gotten a prompt... And while I didn't lose any lives until I got to Yumemi (twice), I did get close on a number of occasions, including a very tense battle against Chiyuri... Still, I'm happy for tonight. The last win was difficult, but I feel... Accomplished. At least, for now.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2009, 01:42:41 AM »
Play more Reimu and less Marisa.

Ironic that I follow up that statement with a MarisA 1cc

Haven't played seriously in at least a month.  Fresh run, no practice, no significant restarts (a restart after a stupid pre-Cirno death while doing unfocused power collecting isn't "significant"), so I get stupid shit like dying to a Chen noncard, getting hit by Cherub's Rampage (I think the game pitied me because it was at the end of a border and I kept the spell bonus), ramming a Stage 4 fairy (or something equally as stupid, I forget exactly what happened), and failing a Lyrica streaming noncard.  Of course, in the same run, I capture stupid shit like Prismrivers' final, Deadly Dance, and Resurrection Butterfly.  I'm not sure whether this belongs in Embarrassing Moments or Accomplishments, but I'll stick it in Accomplishments since I can still capture Resurrection Butterfly.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

nintendonut888

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2009, 01:54:01 AM »
I've tried myself with MS and Hypercam and it records sound with like 10 different codecs and settings, so there should be no problems.
The volume is really low though :V

Check your volume settings and try to enable Stereo Mix, or your recording volume might be all the way down.

Where do I check my recording volume? This could be the problem.

Bananamatic

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2009, 02:11:43 AM »
Where do I check my recording volume? This could be the problem.
As retarded as it sounds, open up VirtualDub, file, capture AVI, audio, windows mixer.
For some reason, I couldn't find it in sound settings.

Stereo mix should be on as Fraps needs that one too to record sound(turned off on me a few times, then after uploading you find out it has no sound.....)
Try turning up your speakers. I've thought that it doesn't record at first since the volume was too low to hear it.

nintendonut888

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2009, 02:16:44 AM »
I click Windows Mixer and nothing happens. :( Why can't any of this junk ever work right for me?

ebarrett

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2009, 03:00:39 AM »
I decided to see if I could record PoDD properly. The results were mixed: recording at fullscreen, it completely messes up the colors, but windowed mode works nice. For comparison:

1. recorded fullscreen:

2. recorded windowed:

Yes, PoDD lunatic 1LC, making it two 1cc's in a row.  :V

Go Reimu! Go Genji!

edit: I also noticed that I cut off the bottom of the game screen. OH WELL NOW I'LL HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN

edit2: doh, I only needed to set it to 640x480, of course. not sure what to do about the colors. either way I'm somewhat regretting not doing a few proper test runs.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 03:09:27 AM by ebarrett »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2009, 03:20:53 AM »
Yes, PoDD lunatic 1LC, making it two 1cc's in a row.  :V

Go Reimu! Go Genji!
I do believe I'm missing something. Can I have the match durations?

While taking a break from PoDD (damn my fingers hurt), I decided to start up Stage 5 SA again...

...and I just remembered the old days where we tried to time out "Catwalk". That being said, a 1 death timeout occurred. Now excuse me while I try to perfect this and stall out PoDD as long as I can.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

ebarrett

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2009, 03:52:38 AM »
I do believe I'm missing something. Can I have the match durations?

Stage 1 (Ellen) - 1:15
Stage 2 (Rikako) - 1:30
Stage 3 (Reimu) - 1:25
Stage 4 (Kotohime) - 2:05
Stage 5 (Marisa) - 2:30
Stage 6 (Kana) - 1:40
Stage 7 (Mima) - 2:45
Stage 8 (Chiyuri) - 3:00
Stage 9 (Yumemi) - 3:10

I don't have the first successful run recorded but this one was certainly MUCH easier. The first 1cc's stages 1-7 were absolutely brutal. I got even luckier with getting Kana at stage 6, and with Chiyuri eating a ying-yang orb while completely in the clear, but still.

The trick is making the AI's use of its gauge completely useless. If you play smart you can minimize pressure on your side and maximize pressure on the AI - and I'm pretty sure that PoDD's AI does crumble under intense pressure*.

The way to achieve this is putting all your efforts into facing the least boss attacks as possible and dodging the rest, with the only exception being when you get a boss on your face at the very beginning of a round - if this happens you should just shrug and try to dodge everything until it gets countered/shot down/goes away.

The end result is that when shit gets really serious, the AI is often having to deal with a boss attack and you aren't. The rest is more or less trivial dodging.

(edit: notice that a bomb + a lvl1 ofuda charge parked on top of a boss will kill it before the bomb ends, except against Chiyuri who's apparently invincible while she's teleporting around.)

(edit#2: to make things shorter, PoDD is a race for gauge. if you have two bombs, three-quarters gauge and you see the AI charging a boss attack... time to check if you can fill that gauge AND release a counter-boss before things get ugly so you can save the bombs for later. this sort of stuff.)

* I'm almost convinced that this makes PoDD essentially easier than PoFV, where you first must die against Shikieiki at least once and then last upwards of three minutes no matter what, under much more intense, claustrophobic, random accelerating replicating adsfaf fire. Needs more testing, though.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 04:00:44 AM by ebarrett »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2009, 04:02:30 AM »
Huh, those times are definitely shorter than mine. Guess I should stop using Kana then.

EoSD Extra. This one. It's a record for not using Tool-Assist.

EDIT: Made it to "Four of a Kind". Which took me by complete surprise (seeing as I haven't even watched the video  :V)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 04:06:27 AM by Baity »
<>

ebarrett

« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2009, 04:10:27 AM »
Huh, those times are definitely shorter than mine. Guess I should stop using Kana then.
Stage 6 (Kana) - 1:40
=
                            definitely                                                stop using Kana

nintendonut888

« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2009, 04:13:16 AM »
I actually learned a moveset in IaMP. :V Shame my fingers are built for individual button pressing and not quickly timed inputs. :( At one point I wasted my entire spell gauge trying to do one move and Reimu kept doing another. It would be so weird if I suddenly actually learned how to play this game and stood a chance at finally beating those three lunatics that still evade me due to hiding in a different genre...

Also I don't give a shit about PoFV. The fact that the game basically MAKES you die before you even stand a chance just pisses me off. I lunatic 1cc'd it with Aya and that's more than enough for me. I prefer PoDD's more "honest" AI. Plus there's no comparison between the two game's music.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 04:21:09 AM by nintendonut888 »

ebarrett

« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2009, 04:53:55 AM »
PoFV.
I lunatic 1cc'd it with Aya and that's more than enough for me.

*cough* copout *cough*

In other news, got to Chiyuri while playing on a tiny window because that's the only way I could get HyperCam to record without changing the colors.  :V

...and as I write this I realize that changing the desktop resolution to something smaller would make the game window less tiny. double  :V

Also, anything above 12fps capture rate prompts it to stop recording and order me to lower the resolution. Oh well. The end result looks less dreadful than I expected, but it's still dreadful.

nintendonut888

« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2009, 04:57:12 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=5418

Yes...YES...YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Post Momizi spam capture, from the very beginning this time. Over 7 months after I devised the strategy to do this, I have finally pulled it off.

ebarrett

« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2009, 05:34:56 AM »
Okay, after setting desktop resolution to 800x600 so that the Anex86 windowed screen is almost as good as fullscreen, I recorded a PoDD lunatic 1cc. Youtubing it as soon as possible.

That makes it sort of three 1ccs in a row. PoDD is easy, folks.

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2009, 05:37:35 AM »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2009, 05:38:26 AM »
Not when your match durations are double for using a "low-tier" AI killer. Which I'm still inclined to do seeing as I've realized several more underhand tricks that I can use  :V

For reference, 5 minutes in, Yumemi has half a heart left, and a bomb spare.
<>