Author Topic: New official manga! 「東方酔蝶華 ~ ロータスイーター達の酔醒 Drunkening and Sobering Lotus Eaters」  (Read 15599 times)

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
From the latest November issue of Comp Ace, alongside VFiS chapter 15;

東方酔蝶華 ~ ロータスイーター達の酔醒
TŌHŌ SUICHŌKA: DRUNKENING AND SOBERING OF LOTUS EATERS

(Eastern Drunk Butterfly Flower)

...Drawn by the newly-recruited Touhou doujinshi longrunner Mizutaki, who provided additional illustrations for Forbidden Scrollery omakes.

(Original source with scan from Touhou Wiki, also thanks warosu anons for extra tls)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 07:17:59 PM by KaiserKnuckle »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
Hello all!
A new manga has been announced. Name: Touhou Suichouka ~ Lotus Eater-tachi no Suisei (東方酔蝶華 ロータスイーターたちの酔醒 / Touhou Drunken Butterfly Flower ~ Lotus Eaters? Sobering). It has been announced at the end of the last chapter of VFiS released Sept. 26 in Japan.

The current source is a Japanese user taking a pic of the paper version of Comp Ace (broke Street Date). Here: https://twitter.com/ginger_toho/status/1176805133847429120

↑ Image from twitter, if you can't see. Click to enlarge.

The artist will be "Mizutaki" who has done lot of touhou doujin; including some that appeared in Strange Creators.

I'm hyped!

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Merged threads since multiple people posted about this news o/
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
sorry pestering you and purvis, kilga, OTL

One interesting thing that I primarily thought of thanks to other TL people on Warosu and the Touhou Wiki (GenoCraft, Nazohato, etc.) is just what sort of focus the story might have thanks to the characters used in the title.

Suika is the most obviously-teased character for this manga; that is very clearly her wristband and gourd in the right panel looking all ominous, and 酔華 (sui ka) is right there in the title, and all the uses of terms relating to drunkeness also being a lead factor helps.

It should be noted that "Lotus-Eaters" (hyphen included) were actual people in Greek mythology that, given the description of living in a sort of narcotic tranquility thanks to the literal influence of lotus plants, may be a parallel to Touhou's Heaven, given the constantly-indulgent "song-and-dance" lifestyle that is lead by the Celestials, as described by Suika in SWR, especially when one considers the meaning/uses of lotus flowers in Buddhism.

Maybe I may just be pulling at straws for now and Gilde or Clarste or Nietz or whomever can explain in more concise ways what we are looking at, but it seems like this story could go anywhere from what I can see.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 04:34:49 AM by KaiserKnuckle »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

PK

• Border of Whatever
There is no release date, the "november issue" is actually the one that came out yesterday. You know, just be clear so that people don't except anything in two months.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
There is no release date, the "november issue" is actually the one that came out yesterday. You know, just be clear so that people don't except anything in two months.

Ah, crap, thought fixing that earlier on was the right idea. One moment while I also fix that on the Touhou Wiki (assuming nobody else did).
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
Much Thanks for notifying and sharing it will of us 8) .

There is an interesting "Translation Talk " on the same  https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Talk:Sobriety_of_Drunken_Lotus_Eaters .
https://twitter.com/ginger_toho/status/1176805133847429120 is not working ,but through a Twitter Search I have found out (JAP) this
https://twitter.com/search?q=%E6%9D%B1%E6%96%B9%E9%85%94%E8%9D%B6%E8%8F%AF%E3%80%80%EF%BD%9E+%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BF%E3%82%B9%E3%82%A4%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E9%81%94%E3%81%AE%E9%85%94%E9%86%92
and this http://tateito1.blog48.fc2.com/blog-entry-2866.html  .

sorry pestering you and purvis, kilga, OTL

One interesting thing that I primarily thought of thanks to other TL people on Warosu and the Touhou Wiki (GenoCraft, Nazohato, etc.) is just what sort of focus the story might have thanks to the characters used in the title.

Suika is the most obviously-teased character for this manga; that is very clearly her wristband and gourd in the right panel looking all ominous, and 酔華 (sui ka) is right there in the title, and all the uses of terms relating to drunkeness also being a lead factor helps.

It should be noted that "Lotus-Eaters" (hyphen included) were actual people in Greek mythology that, given the description of living in a sort of narcotic tranquility thanks to the literal influence of lotus plants, may be a parallel to Touhou's Heaven, given the constantly-indulgent "song-and-dance" lifestyle that is lead by the Celestials, as described by Suika in SWR, especially when one considers the meaning/uses of lotus flowers in Buddhism.

Maybe I may just be pulling at straws for now and Gilde or Clarste or Nietz or whomever can explain in more concise ways what we are looking at, but it seems like this story could go anywhere from what I can see.
An Insightful Consideration linking of that Line of Thought&References to Touhou's  Celestials,Heaven,Relations ( Suika,Tenshi,maybe Iku and the Dragon Palace) : they could indeed be a Theme&Part of the Work , though certainly not limited&Specialized about and related to them.

Much thanks for the useful precisation 8) .

Of Ulterior Note,that "Black Mist" coming from Suika is a reminder of the one she turned into in a Chapter of Wild and Horned Hermit ; after the "Nogitsune (Mean Fox Spirit)'s Fraud to Reimu "Chapter, when Mamizou comes to inform and investigate Reimu at the Hakurei Shrine(with Marisa and Kasen present) since  most of the Residents of the Myouren Temple have been mysteriously attacked (revealed by Suika to be her in "Black mist" to give them "A Gensokyo's Reminder&Reproach" ).At the end Suika had a brief "Black Mist" confrontation with Reimu,Marisa and Kasen before revealing&explaining herself,with Kasen hiding away and commenting her knowledge of Suika and her "Black Mist")

The  Large Maple Leaf in front of the Ibuki Gourd is also a likely reference to the Tengu Fan ( Youkai Mountain).
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
A bit late, but I've seen a bunch of pictures from this manga involving a girl with a whale hat (cute) that seems to work in a place with a whale banner (?)

And I've also just noticed that in the title, just below 酔, there is a whale picture too

I hope the girl with a whale hat (cute) is gonna be a proper newhu and not a random mob girl

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
Whale hat girl seems like she's gonna be a proper character

Sample with a clear shot at her here