Author Topic: Magia Record: Now available in anime flavor!  (Read 87994 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Magia Record: Rebellion sequel never, so this is canon now...
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2019, 05:42:32 PM »
Oh dang the Tsuruno quest doesn't expire? Rad!

I'm back to being starved for Kyubey Coins. As it is I'm gaining 4*s faster than I can level them. And almost all of them are dark which is... kinda boring, but it's better than having no options.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2019, 10:33:28 PM »
Have you heard? Who did you hear it from? The rumor of the guaranteed rainbow orb! If you run 30 AP dark awakening labyrinth today, you'll get a rainbow orb drop every single time! Everyone can't stop drinking their AP potions over it~!
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2019, 11:27:12 PM »
Woah! Glug glug then. If I can build up a giant stockpile of them then I can just skip the costly rainbow orb purchases from the next many events.  :D

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2019, 01:26:06 AM »
Oh dang the Tsuruno quest doesn't expire? Rad!

I'm back to being starved for Kyubey Coins. As it is I'm gaining 4*s faster than I can level them. And almost all of them are dark which is... kinda boring, but it's better than having no options.
Same, it's why I'm kinda saving my guarantee 4* ticket for after Tsukuyo's fate weave ends. I'll gladly take her sister since she's light though (and her idle animation is cute). Kazumi is all the dark I'll ever need.

The training event and Tsuruno quest feels like you're supposed to purely max out Tsuruno, but if anything I've been taking advantage of her material rewards to power up Kaoru and Kazumi instead.
Kaoru may not have a doppel yet, but maybe someday she and Umika will and we'll get the rest of the Pleiades Saints.

Have you heard? Who did you hear it from? The rumor of the guaranteed rainbow orb! If you run 30 AP dark awakening labyrinth today, you'll get a rainbow orb drop every single time! Everyone can't stop drinking their AP potions over it~!
Thank you ;o; I was worried I'd have to wait until another event had some. Now I can profit more from Tsuruno's rewards~

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2019, 01:59:14 AM »

And it's over, guys. The bug got hotfixed. My inventory holds 48 ripe rorbs though, and that's after slotting all my 4~5* girls with them  :3

Same, it's why I'm kinda saving my guarantee 4* ticket for after Tsukuyo's fate weave ends. I'll gladly take her sister since she's light though (and her idle animation is cute). Kazumi is all the dark I'll ever need.
aaAAAAA no don't, it can ONLY get be used in the special Guaranteed 4* Fate Weave which will end and then your ticket expires. As well, since it's a different Fate Weave, there's no rate up on Tsukuyo in it. Those 80 free Tsukuyo pulls are nice though.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Fulisha of Light

• Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2019, 02:27:32 AM »

And it's over, guys. The bug got hotfixed. My inventory holds 48 ripe rorbs though, and that's after slotting all my 4~5* girls with them  :3
aaAAAAA no don't, it can ONLY get be used in the special Guaranteed 4* Fate Weave which will end and then your ticket expires. As well, since it's a different Fate Weave, there's no rate up on Tsukuyo in it. Those 80 free Tsukuyo pulls are nice though.
Wait, that rainbow orb drop rate was a bug?  :o

Tsukuyo's fate weave ends on 8/29, Iroha's birthday set stays in the shop until 9/2 and that's also the same date when the guaranteed 4* ticket expires. I got plenty of time until then  :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2019, 04:06:31 AM »
I mean, I guess that's fair then, there just isn't much need to :V Pulling the 4* fate weave won't reset your "x/100 until guaranteed 4*" and the girl's drop rates won't change after Tsukuyo's weave ends, either. I do wonder if Sayaka's getting added to it though, actually. I don't THINK she would, but...

I did buy my Tsukasa from the shop. I'll level her... eventually... since I have a Tsukuyo, if I feel like running duo sisters for big Tsukuyo mp, I can just use someone's support. Although... I wonder if Tsukasa supports are actually gonna be much of a thing... should I be leveling Tsukasa to use with Tsukuyo supports since I can actually find those??? THAT'S SO COUNTER-INTUITIVE

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2019, 10:20:47 AM »
Honestly, running both the Amane sisters at the same time just for the Connect synergy feels kind of silly. It definitely feels like something you'd use in a three-person Echelon, because you're going to want to balance out 3A/2B/5C with a Blast gorilla. At least the two of them cover both B.h and B.v, so the directions of the gorilla don't matter quite so much.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 11:26:37 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2019, 01:16:26 PM »
Oops emergency maintenance! Wonder if it's related...?

Meanwhile Sayaka coming out on Thursday. I don't have an incredible number of stones stockpiled but I have enough to have a decent shot at maybe getting her and I'm definitely gonna try. I don't own Mami but I can use a friend one and have the whole Madoka n' pals set available which is neat.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2019, 04:22:02 PM »
Whoa, double compensation for not abusing the bug! Sucks for all you people who abused it and got your rainbow orbs stolen.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2019, 07:04:40 PM »

Serela, my friend, I want you to know this is the FUNNIEST fucking post in hindsight I have ever fucking seen.

Fulisha of Light

• Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2019, 10:48:41 PM »
Whoa, double compensation for not abusing the bug! Sucks for all you people who abused it and got your rainbow orbs stolen.
Seems like such a dick move to take em' away from people like that. Unless they think people are gonna power the hell out of Madokami (and by extension other OP girls like Tart) in the future when she becomes available.

I only got 3 rainbow orbs during the bug and used them immediately on Tsuruno, then took a break to do other things (didn't have enough AP to grind.) I didn't have a chance to get more before the emergency maintenance happened.

I did get a single orb along with 300 gems though  :D pretty nice~

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2019, 07:37:52 PM »
Yes thank you ~ <3 TBF someone did a similar post on the discord as well but I'd had the idea too, I just hadn't beaten them to the punch. It was too good.
Actually, as long as you didn't SPEND more than 30 orbs over what you had in stock before the event, you still got quite a lot of magia stones (and everyone gets 100 of them beyond that amount, too). Although I did hear some people mistakenly got the 200 stones+5 rorb compensation twice, in which that case, yes, you lucky bastard with 10 rorbs and 400 stones for nothing. But at least I got ~12 rorbs profit (in girls I already slotted so they can't take them away) and still 200 magia stones  :3 Can't complain too much. Just wish I had slotted a couple of those 3* girls too, but w/e, it's fine.

Plus, we got all our AP potions back and get to keep all the dark orbs we got alongside the rainbow ones, so overall it works out great for everyone except the lunatics in the discord who spent hundreds of magia stones for AP to keep farming insane rorb counts.

meanwhile I FINALLY DREW TSURUNO OFF THE FREE PULLS WHEW. I instantly blew her up to 5* full overawaken (minus plaque cords) and ~lv70. I was mega lucky and got a super success on the 5* awakening with my final ~35 master gems or else she'd have been way behind, I can finish her off with enhancement dungeon tomorrow. Just in time for ranked mirrors! Chipped her up to a second slot, might get a third when I have ~70 more chips, not sure yet.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2019, 12:42:55 AM »
How are you guys getting the Kyubey Coins to pay for stuff? I feel like the rate at which I can raise new characters is pretty slow because I'm always running out. Was there an event that was good for stocking up that I didn't take full advantage of, or is there a dungeon that drops a lot that I don't know about? Or is selling excess memoria actually profitable or something?

Fulisha of Light

• Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2019, 07:06:25 AM »
How are you guys getting the Kyubey Coins to pay for stuff? I feel like the rate at which I can raise new characters is pretty slow because I'm always running out. Was there an event that was good for stocking up that I didn't take full advantage of, or is there a dungeon that drops a lot that I don't know about? Or is selling excess memoria actually profitable or something?
One of the Labyrinth Quests (25AP Enhancement iirc) gives out 10K and some extra if you're lucky. That's what I did when I needed the extra dosh.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2019, 01:27:08 PM »
Omg, no event!!!!! We're finally freeeeeeeeeeeeee

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2019, 02:43:00 PM »
70 pulls so far on the Sayaka banner and nothing yet, but I should have plenty of time to get it up to 100 before it ends I think.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2019, 05:42:13 PM »
How are you guys getting the Kyubey Coins to pay for stuff?
I'm sitting on a pile of 5m right now and I skipped an event's worth of them >.>; Granted, now I have two more doppels to unlock, and Yachiyo's doppel quests in like a week don't entirely cover her costs either. (not that I'm low enough to be worried)

Main sources are the weekly event shops, the monthly Mirrors shop (only 100 mirror coins for 1m, pretty good), and if you're desperate for more you can trade up to 10k support points for 500k more CC. (the exchange rate isn't so great there so I would not do this unless you really need it) Definitely keep clearing the mirrors CC until you've managed to build up a safe stock of CC.

Running the awakening/enhancement dungeons can give you SOME but unless you're really close to how much you need, it's gonna be kind of hard to fund yourself off that. That's like ~20k coins per run. At least it's half AP right now? :V
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 05:44:39 PM by Serela »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2019, 03:36:36 PM »

Well howdy neighbor!

Edit: Got to 100 pulls on the Sayaka banner and got her, now I gotta scramble to save up for Godoka. Look up Sayaka's summoning animation if you haven't seen it, I think it's my favorite one yet.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 05:46:38 PM by commandercool »

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2019, 10:45:08 PM »
Well howdy neighbor!

Edit: Got to 100 pulls on the Sayaka banner and got her, now I gotta scramble to save up for Godoka. Look up Sayaka's summoning animation if you haven't seen it, I think it's my favorite one yet.

Ah shit, now everyone knows my poor team planning.  (i'm at Zf9eHGc9 for anyone who wants another madoka button)

Godoka is still about a year out. She originally dropped for the anniversary banner, I think.

Sayaka IS definitely before our drop on Tart and Limited Mami, though. Which sure makes the idea of chunking in for her less attractive than it should be and is VERY rude.

Fulisha of Light

• Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2019, 11:49:38 PM »
So I made the pull with the guaranteed 4* ticket today; Sayaka is not included in that gacha unfortunately  :( But I did get Kirika  :D Would've liked to have Mami but oh well...

But hey, now I'm one step closer to my themed team  :V

I've used other people's Sayakas to see if she'd fit the team, but I'm not feeling it. It surprises me how deep Kirika's voice is.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2019, 03:19:03 AM »
I spent literally the entire day chugging ap pots and farming m5-5-5 for AI codes. I got... 15. Considering I do mean the ENTIRE day devotedly resetting the quest (not that I didn't forget a little here and there, but...) that's actually pathetically low ;; I spent nearly 400ap before I got even a second drop, and that's during half ap!! Ah well, I need 24 to finish Tsukuyo's doppel and for Tart, and I'm at 23 now... the 8 in Tart's shop will keep me from being too high and dry for anyone else who needs some >.>;; I say that, but alas, I'll definitely be farming more to avoid doing this hell OUTSIDE of half-ap... ah, but I do need to actually get other materials too... thankfully other materials should drop at immensely higher rates and not take an ENTIRE day to grind.

My entire team got about halfway from ep4 to ep5 in the process of this. >_>  But the quest only costs 4ap and actually has really tanky enemies, so this only ran me about 15 50ap pots. Considering how many I just earned powering through side stories from my 80 free pulls a couple days ago, that's not that bad. (I still have like 55 50ap pots, not to mention the max ap ones >.>;  How can I even use all of these!?!)

At least I got a bunch of codes from the last event's extra missions too, since jeez Tsukuyo needs like 24 in total?!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 03:24:00 AM by Serela »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2019, 03:14:28 PM »
Ah shit, now everyone knows my poor team planning.  (i'm at Zf9eHGc9 for anyone who wants another madoka button)

Heh, it's basically the exact setup I have just with slightly different non-Madokas.

Godoka is still about a year out. She originally dropped for the anniversary banner, I think.

Mmm, fair enough. I haven't been looking far enough ahead to really know what's coming but I guess I'll build up a nice big stockpile and then start spending anything I get in excess of that.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2019, 11:51:58 PM »
Followed  :3 I'm Tumalu! plz mutual

Oof, I think today was the final day of the prelims? Go go S rank! :D It wasn't that hard to get in this time, you only needed like 23.5k points per day which allows for two daily losses (or losing on the 2x point fight) as long as you're doing 1.7x fights. That also means you could probably just do 1.5x fights, even. (1.8x are actually pretty risky for non-amazing teams)

Of course, being in S-rank, the quality of the teams during finals will be much more problematic... but it shouldn't be too bad since, again, it wasn't all that hard to get in this time.

Also, farming stuff that isn't AI codes goes so refreshingly fast. It only took a few hours to get up to ~50 wrapping papers and so much cotton. With the next few days to keep stocking up, I should be able to get hella set for all materials currently available. <3 Not to mention getting everyone I have with any real investment to hit maxed episode level... I'm actually leveling up a couple more girls so they can get maxed too just because I can. Ah, rainbow orbs though ._. I can take a couple lv60s with big memorias on, though.

...I'm gonna have to hold back on too many lv5 magia unlocks though or I'll be fresh out of CC in no time. Just the doppel girls first, keep enough for Yach and Tart comin' up...

Fulisha of Light

• Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2019, 07:15:22 AM »
Mirror Rankings are over, and despite how shit I felt my team was against all the whales that kept popping up and/or killing me, I did pretty good and got ranked as A-1  :D

Emiri being my battle martyr was a worthwhile decision I guess since her death buys me time to power up everyone else.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2019, 02:44:56 AM »
So... What does Mirrors ranking do? It seems like ranking just ended and is now closed indefinitely, are there any prizes or anything? Were they already distributed and I missed them? When is the next season?

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2019, 09:57:27 AM »
Oh man, people are probably rioting already about the game's decision to translate Tart's name to Darc.

So... What does Mirrors ranking do? It seems like ranking just ended and is now closed indefinitely, are there any prizes or anything? Were they already distributed and I missed them? When is the next season?

It's basically just showing how much of a PVP fighter (or whale) you are. You did get special Ranking Medals for participating, that you could have redeemed for the usual minor prizes (Fate Weave tix, AP pots, Memoria XP, Magia Chips) in the store.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2019, 10:37:40 AM »
Oh man, people are probably rioting already about the game's decision to translate Tart's name to Darc.
Well, I'm just laughing my ass of in the corner because that name reminded me of a rejected edgy OC from FanFiction, Dark the Hedgehog, the long lost brother of Shadow the Hedgehog.

Also, obligatory player ID share:
Lil Kyubey name: YEN2
Player ID: PdwHbu9D
Notable unit as of this writing: Lv 80 2 slot Glasses Homura, Lv 100 2 slot Mightiest Magical Girl, Lv 89 2 slot Yachiyo Nanami, Lv 80 2 slot Kaede Akino, Lv 100 3 slot Madoka Kaname, Lv 100 Kazumi.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2019, 04:00:22 PM »
Darc is at least close to Jeanne D'Arc, Tart is just hilarious to say

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2019, 08:19:45 PM »
The problem is just that even the official english edition of her manga translates her as Tart, so it's kind of doofy to suddenly change it now. "Here's Darc, from side story Darc Magica!" And then people go to read Darc Magica only to find out it's that's TOTALLY not the title. XD