Author Topic: Magia Record: Now available in anime flavor!  (Read 87987 times)

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
Re: Magia Record: Rebellion sequel never, so this is canon now...
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2019, 09:44:29 AM »
Darc is at least close to Jeanne D'Arc, Tart is just hilarious to say
If you read the manga it explains why she's called Tart and not Jeanne/Darc; Kyubey asked her to spell her full name when she introduced herself and she spelled it as "Jeanne Tart". Kyubey chose to call her Tart as a nickname to differentiate her from other Jeans/Jeannes in that time frame since it was a fairly common name. Tart is one of several variations of her surname, Darc included, but the original and translated manga went with Tart. Why that one, I don't really know but that's what they picked.

The problem is just that even the official english edition of her manga translates her as Tart, so it's kind of doofy to suddenly change it now. "Here's Darc, from side story Darc Magica!" And then people go to read Darc Magica only to find out it's that's TOTALLY not the title. XD
I'm also pretty sure she and other characters call her Tart in the voice clips too. Even though it's in Japanese and most people probably wouldn't understand it, it'd be equally as jarring when characters very clearly call her Tart and not Darc between the voices and the text.
You'd think the translators would do some research to make sure everything lines up especially when they mention the manga since it came first. *end rant*

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2019, 10:44:51 PM »
Because it's タルト (Taruto) in Japanese. Still just funny to say.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2019, 12:39:36 PM »
SerelaToday at 8:24 AM
First 90 pulls... tart on 10x number 2, rena #2 3~4 pulls later, tart #2 on 9th 10pull, max slotted yachiyo and pulled several 3 stars I've been missing and mlb'd some good 2~3* memos... man this is going great @.@

SerelaToday at 8:32 AM
tart 3 with 1850 gems and 66 single tickets left @.@ omg
and... 4th slot on the second 10 roll after, so uh, GUESS I GET TO SAVE MY LAST 120 ROLLS FOR LATER?
so I got 4s tart in like... 180 rolls

WELP
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2019, 01:14:12 PM »
Good news: Finally pulled a 4* that wasn't guaranteed on pull 37
Bad news: It was Tsukuyo, not Tart

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2019, 03:38:48 PM »
Turned about 270 rolls into a single tart, konoha, and momoko.

Honestly not even the memoria were great. i might as well try and run it back for a 2 slot, but eck.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 11:12:08 PM by Chaore »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2019, 03:53:36 PM »
Okay, so there are a few things I want to clear up about how this game is played. I think I might be doing some stuff wrong and can't find this information in the manual.

-True or false, the only thing about disc order that matters is that later blast and accel cards have an increased effect. The disc you start with does not grant additional effects to the other discs, unlike command cards in Fate Grand Order.

-True or false, using charge cards later in a combo doesn't have an increased effect.

-True or false, you can't have a puella combo and a blast combo at the same time. Puells combo supercedes blast combo.

-True or false, magia do not contribute to a puella combo. You have to select three standard discs to get one.

I'm basing pretty much all of this on the in-game prompts, I haven't tested any of it. It's definitely possible that the prompts are just unclear or ambiguous, but this seems to be what the game is telling me. Can anyone confirm or deny any of this?

Also, can anyone confirm exactly how Ren's followup attack mechanic works? Every time I think I have it figured out it does something unexpected. I thought it gave the connect attack a special property where if the character it targeted isn't dead at the end of the combo then the attacker gets a fourth attack against that character, but unless I'm misremembering it seems like I've seen characters get their fourth attack in the middle of the combo and possibly against other targets as well. It's possible I'm just seeing things though.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2019, 04:01:26 PM »
-False, Accele actually boosts all mp gained that turn if you use an Accele disk first. IIRC it even makes Blast discs give a little bit.
-True, charge is just charge. Fun fact:Puella combo charge does the same damage as puella accele.
-False, you can and it's REALLY strong, especially in mirrors (where all discs are 0.2 base power stronger, so blast discs are proportionately stronger overall). Watch as Tart one-shots an entire team at once with her puella BBB
-True, although according to the wiki Magia actually boost other magias used after them in the same turn???

So, followup attack basically gives the character a Chaser attack. So for example, ideally, you want to use Renconnect->Ren disc->Ren disc for a puella combo where the person she connects to follows up both the second and third disc. (But it still works when anyone else attacks either, just Ren discs give a puella combo) So with Ren's connect, you actually DON'T want give the person she connects to more discs that turn.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 04:04:15 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2019, 04:43:08 PM »
-False, Accele actually boosts all mp gained that turn if you use an Accele disk first. IIRC it even makes Blast discs give a little bit.
-True, charge is just charge. Fun fact:Puella combo charge does the same damage as puella accele.
-False, you can and it's REALLY strong, especially in mirrors (where all discs are 0.2 base power stronger, so blast discs are proportionately stronger overall). Watch as Tart one-shots an entire team at once with her puella BBB
-True, although according to the wiki Magia actually boost other magias used after them in the same turn???

Oh really? So basically all of that seems exactly like how it works in Fate Grand Order. You got your buster brave chains, you got your Noble Phantasm chains. I guess the only difference is that you can't do a brave chain with your own NP/Magia which is kind of odd. And the charge thing is kind of weird, but that whole mechanic is weird. Good to know.

So, followup attack basically gives the character a Chaser attack. So for example, ideally, you want to use Renconnect->Ren disc->Ren disc for a puella combo where the person she connects to follows up both the second and third disc. (But it still works when anyone else attacks either, just Ren discs give a puella combo) So with Ren's connect, you actually DON'T want give the person she connects to more discs that turn.

Ooooh interesting. I've definitely been completely misunderstanding it then.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2019, 10:04:15 AM »
Well, my rolls on this banner were... not ideal. I picked up Sayaka and Mami relatively early on, so I went hard in on getting enough pulls to get the Guaranteed (to at least get Darc even though ML0 is not ideal), and she was... Mami.

Welp, guess I have to decide whether to use ML0 Kyoko or ML1 Mami on my Mirrors team now...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 11:29:58 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2019, 04:52:10 PM »
I whaled to brute force the last 40 rolls I needed to get the guaranteed 4* and got Tart... yay

Fulisha of Light

• Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2019, 09:35:33 AM »
So I just decided to use 10 tickets and 2 10pull tickets for funzies and I got Tart in 30 rolls and I'm not sure how to feel about this right now
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 09:51:34 AM by Fulisha of Light »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2019, 09:09:19 PM »
Has anybody seen the trailer for the anime? Do we know if it's adapting the game directly? I don't recognize almost anything from it, is it an adaptation of a much later chapter or something?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2019, 04:03:47 AM »
It might be more of a "overall plot is based on the game" rather than just directly playing through the same events. Makes sense, since their main audience will enjoy it a lot more if it isn't just a rehash of the scenes they've all already seen. There's also a new character, Kuroe, apparently. (I wonder if she's based on the valentine's 1* welfare Kuro...? I don't know anything about that character, though)

Certainly, very little of the trailer looks familiar at all, and the new character seems to be fairly important in the trailer as well.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2019, 05:17:58 AM »
It's funny that for all the hype regarding Jeanne and Liz vs. Corbeau for the final battle, both of them are completely useless because the one Memoria that lets you win is Melissa-only.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2019, 05:23:27 AM »
It's funny that for all the hype regarding Jeanne and Liz vs. Corbeau for the final battle, both of them are completely useless because the one Memoria that lets you win is Melissa-only.
The funniest part is that
Spoiler:
Melissa doesn't actually become a magical girl at any point during this, either.
I'm just imagining Melissa running up and punching Corbeau out.  :V

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2019, 11:23:04 PM »
Do we know if the Madoka birthday event is going to include a Madoka banner? I was saving up stones for Godoka but I would totally like to have more slots on Madoka. I know all of the tier lists have her as like the second worst character in the game, but I dunno, I think she's still my best character. Maybe I just don't know what a "good" character is but I've found her connect to be invaluable in PVP and PVE.

Also, does anyone know from JP if magia gems for 4* characters other than Homura will ever be available for purchase with magia chips? I've been kind of cautious with mine because I'm not sure if I'll ever need tons of them to buy a gem for Madoka or something. Can that happen?

Fulisha of Light

• Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2019, 04:57:18 AM »
The funniest part is that
Spoiler:
Melissa doesn't actually become a magical girl at any point during this, either.
I'm just imagining Melissa running up and punching Corbeau out.  :V
Actually she does become a magical girl in the end. If you apparently lose the battle against Corbeau without using the memoria on Melissa, a cut scene plays where she becomes a magical girl and fights alongside Tart. You can still see it even if you cheesed the battle and won it in the Archives.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2019, 10:02:56 AM »
Do we know if the Madoka birthday event is going to include a Madoka banner? I was saving up stones for Godoka but I would totally like to have more slots on Madoka. I know all of the tier lists have her as like the second worst character in the game, but I dunno, I think she's still my best character. Maybe I just don't know what a "good" character is but I've found her connect to be invaluable in PVP and PVE.

Also, does anyone know from JP if magia gems for 4* characters other than Homura will ever be available for purchase with magia chips? I've been kind of cautious with mine because I'm not sure if I'll ever need tons of them to buy a gem for Madoka or something. Can that happen?
All of the Madoka girls (aside from Homura) are the only 4* on the upcoming Birthday banner. So Madoka, Mami, Sayaka, and Kyoko.

Homura (Glasses) is the only 4* meguca who has gems in the shop (because you have no way to get hers anywhere else). It's why it's recommended to have at least 5k gems (or ticket equivalents) for a banner you really want, and even more if it's a Limited meguca - Magic Level 1 gives the girl a lot more power, and the gacha is the only way you can get those levels.

In the general PvP meta, Blast gorillas (and those who facilitate them) are generally considered the top tier girls. The tier lists also assume Magic Level 3 and all the recommended Memoria maxed out, so take them with a heaping spoon of salt. Madoka is top-tier PvE regardless.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 10:06:22 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2019, 12:38:04 PM »
All of the Madoka girls (aside from Homura) are the only 4* on the upcoming Birthday banner. So Madoka, Mami, Sayaka, and Kyoko.

Hmm, that's a pretty diluted pool, but I want and don't own Mami and would be pretty happy with an extra memoria slot on any of the others, so I may have to consider dumping all of my gems and tickets...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2019, 11:24:20 PM »
Well, those 70 free pulls are PROBABLY for the madoka birthday banner (text saying 'premium fate weave' be damned; there's also text saying the pulls won't transfer to the next featured fate weave) so you can see how the free pulls go.

It's a little diluted, but no other 4* girls are present in the gacha at ALL; so, it's 25% chance for each girl, no Kirika/Kokoro spooks to worry about. Although I'd consider Sayaka spook material...

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2019, 11:27:37 PM »
Oh nice! Yeah I think I'm gonna dump all my stones then. I want more Sayaka precisely *because* she's not that great, I went way out of my way to pull her so she can hang out with Kyoko and she needs all the help she can get now that I have her...

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2019, 11:03:09 AM »
Alright, looks like the free 10x pulls are in the premium banner after all, which is a little bit of a bummer for me but probably preferable for everyone else.

That said, I got Alina in my first ten pulls on the premium gacha and Mami in my first ten pulls on the birthday gacha. So I went from having zero green 4*s to two of them in moments.

I capped out the birthday banner as well and got a duplicate Kyoko. Madoka would have been slightly preferable, but Kyoko is probably "better".

Hopefully I can squeeze one more 4* out of the banner before it goes away, but I definitely did pretty well so far. Now I can run the whole Madoka Magica cast in PVP! And probably will even if they're bad and have no synergy! Time to start buying the rest of those Homura duplicates I guess.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2019, 01:41:09 AM »
Well, if I don't pull a 4* I'll wait until mitama banner and see what my guaranteed 4* pity gives me. Congrats on getting Mami and Alina immediately! Pretty good stuff. Kyouko dupes are good too. Homura's the next uncap, but estimates place her in january or even possibly late feb, so it'll be awhile...

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2019, 01:44:28 PM »
My continued chipping away of the Madoka birthday banner yielded a second Sayaka, and two memoria slots on her feels like it's made a big difference in PVP. She went from being more or less dead weight whose main purpose is to throw off enemy blast card math so they're less likely to want to target Kyouko, to a legit tank who can protect my team on turns three and four which has pretty much always been enough to give Kyouko the breathing room she needs to go ape and ruin the whole opposing team.

Sayaka still can't deal damage to save her life, but honestly I think that's okay. Right now my team is Kyouko in the center, Madoka and Sayaka in front, and Ren in the back, and as long as I can prioritize enemies that pose a serious threat to Kyouko first then I can pretty much always leverage defensive connects and Memoria abilities to keep Kyouko afloat, and at this point a puella combo from her can one-shot basically anything but an opposing Sayaka, and there are no opposing Sayakas. :D

A core of an offensive red character and a defensive blue character sounds awkward on paper since the tank ideally wants to keep blue damage away from the DPS and doesn't resist blue herself, but Sayaka is sturdy enough that I'm not really worried about blue enemies killing her quickly, so I guess it's fine. I'm curious how this setup will work once my Mami is finished so I can use her as the tentpole for better color synergy, but I don't really have high hopes for Mami. Her sketchy stats and bad deck kind of seem like they overshadow her useful color and incredibly strong connect.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2019, 06:18:24 PM »
Mami's barely more durable than a Tsuruno, which is... problematic. Unless you've got big slots on her, it's a little hard to take advantage of that massive attack stat and great connect. Holy Mami's a bit more durable at least (and better discs!) and coming in a couple months, paired with one of the best mirrors active memos in the game ? And it's only a 3* memo (with 4* stats?!) so it's not thaat hard to pull on rate-up, and qualifies for those f2p 3* overlimiters we'll see on new years probably.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2019, 10:10:16 AM »
Um, okay, I think either the Law of Cycles has a vested interest in me for some reason, I've gotten really good at unconsciously getting the snipes, my FGO luck has been leeched for MR, or that 4* rate is not 1%.

The 70 birthday rolls got me four 4* girls (granted, two were dupes, but still!); two of which showed up on either end of the last roll.

Anyway, it looks like after the Iroha strengthening, our schedule clears up a little bit. I really hope we actually get a dead week so I can actually get caught up on the story; with all this event grinding, I missed the last couple New Chapter quest series.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 10:12:34 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2019, 08:32:22 PM »
Ouch, you definitely should at least be doing the new chapter celebration for gems, right? This is what AP ppts are for. Anyway, there's half AP on chapter 1~6 for this event (plus double exp) so it'll be a great time to catch up. And the event is just iroha training, so, the shop shouldn't be very big.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2019, 08:58:15 PM »
At least some people are getting lucky. I've only rolled 2 4*s outside of the guaranteed 4* pity rolls so far orz

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2019, 01:22:51 AM »
Well if you're not caught up then hopefully you'll find it to be a pretty breezy experience, I was several chapters behind not too long ago but the last few chapters were by far my favorite so far so once I got rolling on them I couldn't stop because I had to see what happened.  :D

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2019, 02:25:04 PM »
Just rolled Kyouko off the pity 100th roll, So guess I now have the entire Quintet and a 5* Fire char