Author Topic: Magia Record: Now available in anime flavor!  (Read 87978 times)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
Re: Magia Record: Rebellion sequel never, so this is canon now...
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2019, 10:10:41 AM »
Huh. For some reason, I didn't even realize the Max Ascension Memorias increased the pencil drop amounts. That probably would have been good to know like, ages ago when I had a few of the shop Memorias just burning a hole in my pocket because why not.

I'm just farming S10 because no bloody way can I actually auto-run the CQs. (I should probably do S6 and S3 instead for their drops...)

On the bright side, I've finally gotten to the point where I can farm the Master XP nodes, so getting most of my girls to a decent level is now kind of reasonable, especially right now with the success rate up and the pencil XP farm.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 10:17:23 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2019, 02:53:34 PM »
Man, the more I do these story missions, the more I wish I had a Mami or Madoka. I thought, naturally, to fight this mono-nature C-7 diary mission I'll want to use Kyoko support, right? Nope, I only won once I tried a Mami and just bound the boss every other turn. Being able to use Mami or Madoka duos via a support double to abuse their connects just sounds disgusting(ly good).

edit:I might seriously have to spend some magia stones on using continues to beat C-8 (and likely the next ones) today before the event ends. Which would be worth it, since you -get- 20 stones per mission, so still a net profit... it just feels DIRTY
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 02:59:41 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2019, 03:52:12 PM »
Yeah Mami+Madoka or Madoka+Madoka is dirty as hell. Mami seems super overpowered, but she is pretty frail which matters sometimes. Kyoko seems pretty lame compared to Mami as offense-based 4*s go, but hopefully the extra stats will make the difference once she can ascend.

It took me a bunch of tries to beat C-10, and I haven't had one run that met all of the challenge conditions. A lot of beating it seems to come down to whether support Mami's bind works or not on certain characters at the right time. Although maybe Madoka's doppel can tip the scales now that I have that.

Edit: I see that Kyoko's missing mats are in the new training store. Does anyone know if the stages they drop from have been added? And are drop rates better farming there if available or farming for training potions?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 01:32:48 PM by commandercool »
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2019, 05:00:32 PM »
Well the training event is at least a chance to level the new girl and someone else for pretty cheap whilst you collect the potions to buy Kyoko mats, granted you might not have anyone you actually WANT to level...

The episode isn't out until the 23rd, although I'm enjoying these 5* kyouko supports. FWIW I seem to get 5 potions from the 20ap enhancement stage, haven't tried others yet. So that's 40ap for a ribbon, they're 16 in the store. It's 64~70AP average for ribbons off the story mission, and at a 4ap per potion average it's... 64 AP per ribbon lmao.

So yeah, unless there's literally no one you want almost-free huge exp on, you should totally use the event. (and PSA:You can buy the girl for 16 potions, which is only 64ap, so don't be like those people on reddit who burned 20+ pulls trying for a 2* char)

I don't think it's getting double rank EXP though which is LAME. I understand Diary didn't get it b/c it didn't cost AP so it'd be busted as hell, but for this event it's like, the event is great but I have to miss the OTHER event to do it...

edit:According to the wiki Mitsuki doesn't even use the ribbons ever, so they're purely there as a mercy to kyouko users along with those fire orbs LMAO
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 05:21:15 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2019, 05:40:10 PM »
Yeah I'm farming the event right now. I don't really have anyone who needs the experience right this second but I do want the bond points for Kyoko so that's good. Definitely worth it between the store, the bond points, and the fairly frequent material drops.

You can buy Mitsuki? I missed that, that's rad! I'm enjoying her a lot in the story.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2019, 07:00:34 PM »
mitsuki's backstory is so freaking depressing though AUGH

but yeah, she effectively costs 64 ap which is very little, so may as well go ahead and enjoy her huge training exp while farming potions. The materials to awaken her ain't FREE, but, I got most of the awakening stuff from her shop so at least maxing her at 3* should be ezpz...

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2019, 10:29:37 AM »
It at least makes sense for Kyoko mats to show up in the pot shop at least, considering she actually shows up in the story node.

It's also kind of funny/aggravating to me that it's Kyoko mats because she's the one who showed up as the guaranteed 4* during the Ren rate up for me. (rate up is a lie reee)
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2019, 02:29:40 PM »
Worth noting that, while we get 2x exp, Challenge story is worth 300 exp a pop for 15ap. At rank ~40 that's nearly enough to level you off the base amount of AP (like, wait an hour to do 1 more mission and you level up), so it's a good opporitunity to rank up/farm any materials with decent drop rates in Challenge. One AP potion grants enough surplus to level you up several times in a row, so I might do that too <_<

Ranking up doesn't do a TON but a couple AP potions could easily get me like, 10 more rankups just today, which is more AP each time I wake up and better supports~♪ (The game seems to get mad and remove a lot of my support options for the next fight when I select someone way over my rank >_>) And still plenty of time to use the special training event enough to at least max out my Rena.

edit:C.Ep4 still has the same exp despite higher difficulty
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 02:50:58 PM by Serela »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2019, 03:40:17 PM »
Are we thinking level disparity is why support options are so weird and inconsistent? That makes sense I guess.

I should save some stamina potions for future events but I keep aggressively burning through them. I got projects to work on so they seem worth it, but I've probably spent 50+ stones on stamina this week. Oh well, I guess I can just continue to do that. Two less duplicate memoria is no big loss in exchange for all the materials.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2019, 03:59:29 PM »
I've only used one AP potion and no stones so far, thinking with the future in mind heh. But at least you do get that monthly potion set with the discounted 10 pull ticket in the shop, so I shouldn't shy away from using those! And yeah, once I use a low-rank support I feel like a bunch of the options tend to come back. It's still wonky and inconsistent, though, so it's hard to tell if that's exactly why.

I peeked ahead and when we get the rest of Chapter 4 on the 23rd, Iroha will indeed get a 3rd memoria slot from story-given gems. Kinda debating going ahead and awakening her since I've got like, 70 big light gems and the exp up event... 3* stats are terrible, but having 2 more memoria than the rest of my cast practically makes her a 4*, and whenever 5* Iroha comes out I do actually want that, so may as well get the head start :T

How long did it take for her to get boosted to 4* in jp, I wonder. (4* with extra memories wouldn't be half bad, but she still doesn't get her big improvement on connect/magia 'til 5*... and that happened like 1.5 years after release)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 04:03:52 PM by Serela »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2019, 11:27:17 PM »
I wonder what the anime adaptation of Magia Record is going to be like. Will it be an adaption of just Iroha's story or will it be an anthology? Because man, there are a TON of different storylines. And they're pretty much all real good. I'd love to see a bunch of 2-4 episode arcs about different magical girls.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2019, 03:14:12 PM »
I imagine some of the sidestories for girls that feature significantly in main plot may get some minor showtime, but unless they're wayyyy more ambitious than the usual dozen or so episodes a show gets, probably needs to mainly focus on the main plot.

...of course, there's nothing saying it's only gonna be like 12 episodes, so it's not out of the question!

I just learned mutual friends refresh on your support list literally 6 times faster (1 hour instead of 6 hours) so wow better advertise myself more on the discord >_> Support points are nice too. At least Ayame is gonna fill out one of those glaring holes in my support list, she's literally my first Fire girl lmao. I'll max her out later, but for now if anyone wants to follow, my ID is 5BQcHSQF, card -> http://puu.sh/DWOfK.png

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2019, 10:09:15 AM »
A bunch of the sidestories take place long before Iroha steps in, and we're probably going to see a bunch of Madoka for the B-side. We might get a bit into the Wings of the Magius, but probably not that much of them. I don't think they've namedropped anyone but Iroha's group (and Madoka/Homura) yet.

In game news, I hate that more people aren't doing the event, or at least focusing on the Memorias first and sticking them on their supports. Then again, the best farming node is FGO Christmas 1 Werewolves all over again, so I at least get that.

Also my luck has turned again; ML2 Konoha on my only 10-roll in the Azalea gacha. I didn't know that there was an equivalent of rainbow orbs.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 11:53:32 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2019, 05:22:31 PM »
I've had the event filter turned on so I just haven't noticed people who aren't swappin' XD It doesn't hurt that most of my mutuals I only just made within the last few days on the discord server for magireco, though, so they of course all have the memoria up. It's been really nice logging in to see 300~400 sp each day even though I only have +2 on my own characters.

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2019, 08:36:56 AM »
So I decided to play. Kinda interesting, though I'm worried about the rerolling thing; I completed Chapter 1 but I never got that 10x Fate Weave Ticket, all I had was enough gems to get 2 memoria. Is it really necessary to reroll? Cuz it just seems like I can grab a random player and add them to my party to breeze on by.

EDIT: Oh shit lol, nevermind I found the 10X Ticket :blush:  :V Here's what I got:

Kinda happy I got at least 1 favorite (Kanoko) even though I wanted Emiri. But I didn't get a 3 or 4 star girl, much less Madoka or Mami. Did I fuck up already? I don't wanna reroll if it means not being able to keep my favorites or the same name of my Kyubey. I don't wanna overheat my phone either  :ohdear:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 09:37:32 AM by Fulisha of Light »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2019, 10:07:25 AM »
There's no name "reservations", so you're free to make a new account with the exact same name (in fact, that's literally what I did when my own phone died on me without my recording down the transfer ID).

For the most part, supports will get you through most of the first three Chapters easy-breezy, especially since a lot of us already have Awakened characters and/or max level characters. Just grab some of us and you should be fine.

(That grind tho back during the first week was murder when everyone was still in the early stages of literally everything  :V)

Move eternally forward,

Fulisha of Light

• Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2019, 10:50:12 AM »
There's no name "reservations", so you're free to make a new account with the exact same name (in fact, that's literally what I did when my own phone died on me without my recording down the transfer ID).

For the most part, supports will get you through most of the first three Chapters easy-breezy, especially since a lot of us already have Awakened characters and/or max level characters. Just grab some of us and you should be fine.

(That grind tho back during the first week was murder when everyone was still in the early stages of literally everything  :V)
That's a relief  :3

But is what I got good enough though? I don't exactly want to waste my time with the whole rerolling thing since I like taking what I get and working from there. I'm just checking out the next chapter and the Azalea House girls' story at the moment trying to do whatever and whatnot; things seem pretty easy aside from some of my girls literally needing more firepower.

I wanna enable voices for the girls too, but I notice I get some bad audio lag when it played the opening cut-scene at the end of the first chapter. There some lag with the girls at times, but the audio for that opening cut-scene was pretty terrible.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2019, 02:00:10 PM »
What you pulled isn't anything super specifical, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend rerolling either unless you really want to. Getting a specific character unless it's one of the new Azalea ones would be pretty hard at this point since the summoning pool is more diluted, and even if you did want one of them it's not exactly quick to keep rerolling. The game gives you a lot of gems to do rolls and most content is pretty easy, so I think it's reasonable to not bother rerolling.

For what it's worth you might want to consider focusing all of your rolls on "premium Fate Weave" option since it never goes away and causes you to lose your progress toward a guaranteed 4*. The downside is that it includes most of the characters so it'll be hard to get someone you specifically want, but it's a safe bet.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2019, 07:08:06 PM »
Reroll only if you want to min-max or roll for certain characters. Partners will carry you far enough and everybody can become a 4* with enough grinding so there's no real need to go for 4*s

Fulisha of Light

• Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2019, 11:39:38 PM »
What you pulled isn't anything super specifical, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend rerolling either unless you really want to. Getting a specific character unless it's one of the new Azalea ones would be pretty hard at this point since the summoning pool is more diluted, and even if you did want one of them it's not exactly quick to keep rerolling. The game gives you a lot of gems to do rolls and most content is pretty easy, so I think it's reasonable to not bother rerolling.

For what it's worth you might want to consider focusing all of your rolls on "premium Fate Weave" option since it never goes away and causes you to lose your progress toward a guaranteed 4*. The downside is that it includes most of the characters so it'll be hard to get someone you specifically want, but it's a safe bet.
Reroll only if you want to min-max or roll for certain characters. Partners will carry you far enough and everybody can become a 4* with enough grinding so there's no real need to go for 4*s
Ah I see, that's good to know. Back when the game was first released and I lurked around and read info on the wiki as it came in, people always seemed to put a lot of importance on rerolling as an absolute must and that you shouldn't play if you don't get the good stuff in the rerolls. Seeing stuff like that kinda put me off (along with being tempted by in-game purchases).
I'm fine with not being able to get all of my favorites at first, so I'll stick with what I got. I followed a few of you guys, so here's my ID as I'm working my way up: dsVRsF1L  :3

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2019, 12:51:57 AM »
None of my IRL friends who play got good starting rolls and they're all doing just about exactly as well as I am. I think it would be a wild exaggeration to say that rerolling is/was ever necessary. There's only been a small amount of challenging content in the game so far and it wasn't super important. PVP does kind of require you to have a pretty good team so pulling a 4* or two would jump start you there, but it's not necessary to progress by any means.

Fulisha of Light

• Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2019, 07:39:47 AM »
None of my IRL friends who play got good starting rolls and they're all doing just about exactly as well as I am. I think it would be a wild exaggeration to say that rerolling is/was ever necessary. There's only been a small amount of challenging content in the game so far and it wasn't super important. PVP does kind of require you to have a pretty good team so pulling a 4* or two would jump start you there, but it's not necessary to progress by any means.
I'm not exactly interested in PVP myself, just the story and the characters so I guess I don't have to worry much about that then  :V
I finally managed to get Emiri by chance today  :D and then I got a 3 star Meiyui~ grinding up a lot of flowers and junk so I can get good stuff, but I need to find a better Light magi because Iroha's my only one and is weak and keeps dying  :( it just feels like she's not worth using much

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2019, 10:11:13 AM »
The thing with Iroha is that her 1* start really hurts her maximum stats; even though she'll eventually get the ability to hit 5*, those 5* stats are still based roughly on that one star.

Her real utility is her Magia, which is the only revival ability in the game, but good luck firing those off and having the revived person survive afterward if you don't have someone with a party heal Magia to follow up.

Move eternally forward,

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2019, 03:09:54 PM »
Yeah Iroha seems pretty weak honestly. Her main use seems to be that she's one of the few characters who can easily reach four memoria slots. One of only two as far as I know, and the other one involves grinding the current Azaleas event a ton.

That means you can boost her stats a lot higher than they look (although still not really high enough to compete with other characters) and she's useful during events so you can load her up with events memorias to get a lot of bonuses.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2019, 12:17:49 AM »
Dear lord this game moves fast. It's back to back to back to back events. I've been neglecting, like, most of the game in order to farm events. :D I have to assume JP didn't originally go this fast, did it? Are we trying to catch up?

Got my first 100 pull streak guaranteed 4*. The card was dark type and I was worried it might be a dupe Kirika, who's basically the only thing in the game I wouldn't be happy pulling (I kind of hate the Oriko Magica character designs), but it was Ren. That's neat. I love the sound effect Ren's staff makes when she shoots the laser out of it, and she seems pretty goddamn strong.

Fulisha of Light

• Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2019, 04:53:37 AM »
Dear lord this game moves fast. It's back to back to back to back events. I've been neglecting, like, most of the game in order to farm events. :D I have to assume JP didn't originally go this fast, did it? Are we trying to catch up?

Got my first 100 pull streak guaranteed 4*. The card was dark type and I was worried it might be a dupe Kirika, who's basically the only thing in the game I wouldn't be happy pulling (I kind of hate the Oriko Magica character designs), but it was Ren. That's neat. I love the sound effect Ren's staff makes when she shoots the laser out of it, and she seems pretty goddamn strong.
Same. I already got a nice grind spot set up  :V iirc I don't think JP events went that fast. I'm excited that Kazumi's event is up next; I want her and the other girls so bad.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2019, 10:07:01 AM »
Devs at AX said they were going to go fast. Hell, we've actually had a couple of events that never happened on JP (Iroha training was just her, no Madoka or Kyoko training, IIRC, etc.).

It's part of the reason why we have Mirrors Coins and 50 AP pots in the daily missions. Though people are already complaining about how now they can't save up for Tart/Madokami/other 4* because saving up 5k gems to try to get the second slot on the rate-up takes a good long while - a good long while we just don't have at this speed.

Move eternally forward,

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2019, 12:58:40 PM »
Oooh is there a summonable Godoka? In the foreseeable future? I guess I'm gonna have to start saving up then.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2019, 07:06:07 PM »
For fucks sake I bought the Birthday set and got yet another dupe Mami. 3 guaranteed 4* rolls and they've all been Mami

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2019, 01:24:20 PM »
Wait, wait, wait. We get a free 10-roll on the Tsukuyo Fate Weave every day this week?!

Also, anyone know how long the Tsuruno Doppel Missions are going to be on the page for? (EDIT: Apparently until you get her Doppel unlocked; aka no expiry)

EDIT2: So I dropped some cash into the Guaranteed 4*, and got... a second Tsukuyo. Damn it, I'm already going to go and hit the cap on the regular Tsukuyo Weave, I'm just going to have to hope the same thing that happened when I capped the Ren Weave happens here, too.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 12:27:34 PM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,