Author Topic: Magia Record: Now available in anime flavor!  (Read 88001 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Magia Record: Rebellion sequel never, so this is canon now...
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2019, 02:51:06 PM »
I've been using Mami in PVP a lot to try her out now that she's finished and man, I dunno about Mami. Her deck and stats are absolutely abysmal but her connect is so good that if you can ever get it off once you just win. It seems like a team that tempoles Mami might work? Or maybe I should just use Alina instead once she's done.

Does anyone else find that they get absolutely wrecked by a particular unassuming unit? Most of my Mirrors losses end up being to Yachiyo if I end up leaving her alive until last and she just one-shots my entire team, so I find that I have to try to take her out first. Which is pretty tricky sometimes when my green attacker is Mami and half the time she's like "Lol here's some charge discs, good luck" and can't even finish her off in one turn...
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2019, 03:05:58 PM »
Your mistake there was in thinking a 5* yachiyo is an "unassuming unit". Blast Gorilla with good stats and a killer connect, and -very- likely to have 2~4 slots? BBB backed by attack up and blast up passives is gonna destroy you.

And yeah, in general, you want to be using 2~3 girls to maximize your chance of puella combos. Charge is actually as strong as Accele in a puella, and CCB is the second strongest combo. Mami's attack stat is extremely high, her main problem is just dying too early with that papery durability...
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2019, 04:30:38 PM »
I've tried teams with two and three characters and I haven't had as much success with them as I have with four. They don't have good enough coverage to not get randomly walled by something weird, and four characters really lets you manipulate where enemy attacks will go by giving the AI opportunities to hit multiple characters with their blast cards. With three or less every attack tends to just go straight to the character that's weak to it which can lead to crazy blowouts that I've found happen a lot less with four.

It probably doesn't help that my "best" character is Kyouko and PVP is very heavily skewed toward water. If she wasn't a fire type I might feel better about a three-person team. I could see that kind of thing working a lot better with Darc as a centerpiece, but I don't have her.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2019, 04:36:11 PM »
You actually get a chance to use Connect in Mirrors? I'm just hyper aggro built and Mami usually ends up wiping out the entire enemy team by herself for me

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2019, 05:09:19 PM »
Yeah, my team is defensive-ish and usually makes it to turn 4-5. I even get to use my magia occasionally.

Sayaka has Recovery And Resolve and Everyday Training After School, so if I can get a few turns into the battle she can absorb all of the pressure and probably charge her magia in the process. The whole concept of the team is to make sure Kyouko gets targeted as little as possible and to heal her back up if she takes a few hits, but if something goes wrong I can focus on keeping Sayaka afloat until her magia is ready instead.

I had a match that ended up with my Sayaka solo against an opposing Sayaka (which is the only time I've ever seen someone else use Sayaka that I can remember) and it lasted for like fifteen turns before one of them finally died. :D

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2019, 05:18:05 PM »
I just go for easy wins. My only losses are when one of their units just one shots my entire team with crits, or if they evade a ton of my attacks (seriously had someone dodge 4 attacks in a row, it's ridiculous)

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2019, 05:33:45 PM »
Yeah, I'm trying to go for consistency so I can minimize the effects of stuff like that. Plus it's kind of a fun change of pace to get to use more of the game mechanics. When I lose to consecutive dodges and hits they're almost always from Yayicho specifically.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #127 on: October 15, 2019, 03:15:39 AM »
"Gee, I wonder when this training event ends, I haven't done any of it except for spamming the episode experience quest like a hundred times."

"Oh shit, it ends today crap crap gotta do all the other quests fast before I go to bed!" Oops... No matter how much I grind these training events I never even get close to getting everything I want out of the store or anywhere near where I want to be on my bond levels.

Spoiler:
Not gonna lie, the storyline part made me tear up a little. Twice...

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #128 on: October 15, 2019, 10:04:17 AM »
It probably doesn't help that the last couple events ended three hours earlier than they used to; never mind the overall reduced length doesn't quite match up with the reduction of materials per exchange.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2019, 04:21:53 PM »
Considering that they drown us in 50ap pots, the reduced prices are probably the best case scenario. Although it does imply you'll grind more outside of natural ap, but, autobattling 20~30ap quests isn't too much of a timesink.

Meanwhile, good lord the cross connection shop is big... @.@ I need to start prioritizing. TBF, I've got almost all the awakening materials slotted for even unimportant girls at this point, so I guess I shouldn't worry a lot.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2019, 01:36:14 AM »
I think Cross Connection had my favorite story of any of the events yet. I've liked most of them quite a bit, the ones based manga were definitely weaker than the rest, but this one really had me invested.
Spoiler:
Although I kept expecting the two storylines to like, have something to do with each other. I didn't realize that this one was also based on a manga, I guess I missed Suzune Magica. I assume they make more sense together if you read it...?

I need like infinite Curator's Hoods and even though every recent event has had some in the store and I farmed a ton of them I still don't even have enough to ascend Alina. I got Sayaka completely finished though, so at least she won't be sponging them up anymore.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2019, 02:40:29 AM »
I think Cross Connection had my favorite story of any of the events yet. I've liked most of them quite a bit, the ones based manga were definitely weaker than the rest, but this one really had me invested.
Spoiler:
Although I kept expecting the two storylines to like, have something to do with each other. I didn't realize that this one was also based on a manga, I guess I missed Suzune Magica. I assume they make more sense together if you read it...?
Yeah, I presume the event is
Spoiler:
a prequel
to Cross Connection and they didn't want to do anything that would mess with the plot of it.
Spoiler:
I figure the characters don't know eachother yet in Cross Connection so they pretty much have to not bump into eachother, here.
It definitely makes the event's story feel a little incomplete, though.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #132 on: October 25, 2019, 02:46:40 AM »
Individually they're both great, putting them together added nothing that I picked up on.
Spoiler:
Nothing makes a hateable villain like having them yell out their attack names. God dammit Suzune.
  :D

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2019, 05:57:46 PM »
How on earth do you do the "Stun an enemy" mission in act five of the Halloween event? I've spent like five full BP potions trying to make it work with Alina since her connect can allegedly stun enemies, but I haven't gotten it to work once. I've also tried Hinano's magia and that didn't work either.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2019, 07:00:04 PM »
The enemy has to survive the attack to be stunned.

Aside from that, Hinano has to be at least 4* for the stun, and Alina's is actually a fairly low chance (I believe only 35%?).
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #135 on: October 29, 2019, 03:30:52 PM »
If you have Alina connect to a fairly weak girl you should be able to get it without too much trouble. Low-ish level Hinano (at at least 4*) can manage it fairly well solo with defense candies. They apparently noticed the problem and were gracious enough to remove stun missions from later in the event, though, before they released!

I have no Alina and a lv100 doppel Hinano, so I had to find a team with 5 high level girls and a Suzune or Momoko in a defense up slot. XD Suzune still barely survived the magia with a pixel of HP left...

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #136 on: October 29, 2019, 04:38:35 PM »
I got frustrated with the weak character I brought for Alina to support getting killed over and over but I did forget about the candies. Hopefully that makes it easy.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #137 on: October 29, 2019, 08:21:00 PM »
Also, don't forget about your Formation; it's a small boost, but running Mighty Cross with your designated Stunner in the front slot can potentially help the victim survive. Just don't run Attribute Delta.

Move eternally forward,

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2019, 03:08:53 PM »
Is there a way to get the other Halloween costume? I didn't think I cared that much but Kyouko has all new home screen voice lines when wearing her costume and I want to see what Felicia says too.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2019, 05:26:47 PM »
Is there a way to get the other Halloween costume? I didn't think I cared that much but Kyouko has all new home screen voice lines when wearing her costume and I want to see what Felicia says too.
You have to roll the banner gacha and get one of the Limited Memoria.

Yeah, it's a real dick move.

Move eternally forward,

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #140 on: November 01, 2019, 02:04:12 PM »
I'm trying to pull Mitama, I got like 85 pulls into her banner and ran out of stones but I should be able to scrounge up enough to get to 100 pretty soon. I have yet to be spooked trying to pull for a specific character like this so fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, I really like Kyouko's characterization in Magia Record. It would have been easy to make her a weird hobo who just talks about being hungry every other line, but her interactions with the younger girls feel pretty on-point to me.

Edit: Oof, yup, got spooked my Momoko. Totally worth 2500 gems, obviously worth 2500 gems.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 05:12:31 PM by commandercool »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #141 on: November 04, 2019, 05:08:00 PM »
Is anyone else finding that they can't play today? I can launch my game and play PVP but whenever I try to enter a quest all of the support unit lists are just completely blank.

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #142 on: November 05, 2019, 11:30:16 AM »
Is anyone else finding that they can't play today? I can launch my game and play PVP but whenever I try to enter a quest all of the support unit lists are just completely blank.
It's a bug related to day light savings time. Most people were changing their timezones around to fix it, but now it's affecting everyone. Support says they fixed it but it's not fixed in the slightest.

I didn't change my time as support still showed for me, but it finally happened to me today and now I can't get anymore stuff from the event shop.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #143 on: November 05, 2019, 01:44:13 PM »
I was planning on cleaning out the training shop, grinding out a few more pulls trying to get Mitama, and getting Alina to max bond and I couldn't do any of that. I'm not usually someone who demands tons of compensation for bugs, but were those three AP potions we got today supposed to make up for missing yesterday? Because they kind of don't. Extending the banner and event length would have been preferable.

On the other hand, free Madoka-Senpai!!

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #144 on: November 06, 2019, 08:45:37 AM »
200 Stones and 150 Mitama pots are now included in the apologems incoming during the last few days of FM Kamihana, but you have to have been at least Rank 70 and be online during the issue.

Not perfect, considering, but at least the pots can help a little bit, and the gems can help make up for losing the Extra mission... missions.

Move eternally forward,

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #145 on: November 06, 2019, 06:10:25 PM »
200 gems is no joke, and the currency boost is OK. I swapped my phone's time to fix the issue, so I'm just like, OH MAN APOLOGEMS

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #146 on: November 08, 2019, 09:51:45 PM »
Is it just me or are all bosses immune to all debuffs lately? Mami seems stone-cold useless during the challenge quests for this event, I haven't used her for every quest but I don't think I've seen her bind one single thing in the ones I have brought her along for.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2019, 03:57:32 PM »
I dunno about ALL debuffs (think I fogged some with seika connect when doing low-tier challenges with the episode exp grind party) but I do know at some point bosses getting Bind resist became a thing. Last I knew charm still worked on 'em though. Based Kanoko? And
Spoiler:
Rumor Tsuruno
Spoiler:
who'll be coming out in couple months-ish...

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2019, 05:17:32 AM »
Is it just me or are all bosses immune to all debuffs lately? Mami seems stone-cold useless during the challenge quests for this event, I haven't used her for every quest but I don't think I've seen her bind one single thing in the ones I have brought her along for.
You're not the only one, I've only managed to inflict charm twice with Kanoko out of all the times I've grinded the event challenges. I think all the bosses (magical girl based ones anyway) have a high resistance to statuses/debuffs.
Which sucks cuz if I want to progress further I have to Magia nuke everything with double Madoka. I can't beat challenge 17 because they keep critical hitting me before I can build up anything and I can't stop them with statuses.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #149 on: November 10, 2019, 09:59:40 AM »
If you see a buff on them that looks like a small bottle, they're immune to ailments. It's pretty bad.

In other news, NANOHA COLLAB INCOMING. READY YOUR BUTTS.

Move eternally forward,