Author Topic: There is no escape. <3  (Read 63793 times)

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
Re: There is no escape. <3
« Reply #420 on: May 06, 2009, 04:44:02 AM »
Yea, any TAG who didn't work hard will grow up to be normal people.

what you did there
i see it
;___________________;
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 04:44:31 AM by Sakuramochi »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #421 on: May 06, 2009, 04:46:08 AM »
On the subject of IB, I will discuss my current educational situation.

A few years ago, in my old school, I would be doing IB right now, but unfortunately, since I had to leave, I am no longer taking that... Instead, I'm stuck here in the Philippines, and in my Senior year.

I could be in my old school doing enjoyable Math stuff but INSTEAD I AM STUCK HERE BEING FORCED TO DO THINGS LIKE TRIGONOMETRY THAT I HAVE ALREADY DONE WHEN I WAS 12 affffff

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #422 on: May 06, 2009, 04:46:54 AM »
Yea, any TAG who didn't work hard will grow up to be normal people.

what you did there
i see it
;___________________;

lol. The thing is though that if I understand correctly, you can't "leave" TAG; it's something that once you're selected, you're in for life. Here at least. Even though all of us are in the same advisory though, nothing special has been done for us. Our advisory teacher has actively noted this...>_>
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #423 on: May 06, 2009, 04:48:58 AM »
but my blog is too NSFW to be posted here lol.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #424 on: May 06, 2009, 04:50:20 AM »
...I should make a blog someday.

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #425 on: May 06, 2009, 06:05:34 AM »
Osu! is fun

Discuss...wait, there's already a topic for it. nevermind. I suck though XD

IMO, playing with the stylus is much more easier than the mouse...so I don't really like Osu! that much.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

nintendonut888

« Reply #426 on: May 06, 2009, 06:22:16 AM »
Oh hey, there's school again tomorrow. Now to give my delayed rant on how much my math class sucks!

Our math teacher has a really bad teaching style. He begins speeding through a problem as if we already get how to do it. He also assumes and requires that we read out of the textbook to get full understanding of the lesson. And in case it isn't obvious, the textbook is the most boring thing ever, and it is impossible to get anything from it. If you get stuck enough on one part, he expects you to come in after school instead of helping you there. And he confuses you in-class by focusing on the parts of problems you already understand.

But relating to the quiz tomorrow, we are doing trigonometric equations lately. For the quiz he allows a list of trig identities to help us solve the equations. The good part? Not only does he not give you the identities directly, but they are not in the book. He expects you to follow a website, and print them there. And should I mention this web page has the identities as an image, meaning you can't just copy into Microsoft Word? This may not seem much to complain about, but I can't get over how he will not give you the stuff required to pass the quiz.

It's this class that has kept me from getting straight "A"s last semester, and it is very likely that will happen again. >_< And it's the first block of the day. The only thing that keeps me sane is that I sit next to a friend who I've introduced to Touhou (after nearly a year I'm finally starting to convince him to get EoSD).
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Greyn

• Microwaving, please wait.
  • Berninghousn
« Reply #427 on: May 06, 2009, 06:31:30 AM »
Then we went over to the church, since IB tests aren't held in the school (we don't have enough room).  The nearby Mormon church--

Mormon Jesus is the savior of the universe.  Believe it.

(I need to review my Napoleon and Revolutions of 1848, and Italian and German unification...)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #428 on: May 06, 2009, 06:33:43 AM »
But relating to the quiz tomorrow, we are doing trigonometric equations lately. For the quiz he allows a list of trig identities to help us solve the equations. The good part? Not only does he not give you the identities directly, but they are not in the book. He expects you to follow a website, and print them there. And should I mention this web page has the identities as an image, meaning you can't just copy into Microsoft Word? This may not seem much to complain about, but I can't get over how he will not give you the stuff required to pass the quiz.

It's hard to type division neatly in text format.

You'd be getting something like sinθ = a / h

What kind of trigonometric identities you need? >_>? There are lots. I can help if necessary.

nintendonut888

« Reply #429 on: May 06, 2009, 06:35:38 AM »
Oh, I have all the ones I need, I eventually got them from that site. It's just really annoying.

I forgot to mention: We had a substitute teacher for two weeks a while back. In these two weeks, I learned more and understood more from her than I have my regular teacher the whole year.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #430 on: May 06, 2009, 06:42:26 AM »
Oh, I have all the ones I need, I eventually got them from that site. It's just really annoying.

I forgot to mention: We had a substitute teacher for two weeks a while back. In these two weeks, I learned more and understood more from her than I have my regular teacher the whole year.

Aaah, math. <3

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #431 on: May 06, 2009, 09:34:44 AM »
Aaah, math. <3
I miss secondary education already  ;_;

It was so easy. I could SLEEP in class, and still get absurdly high marks.

Oh hey, there's school again tomorrow. Now to give my delayed rant on how much my math class sucks!

Our math teacher has a really bad teaching style. He begins speeding through a problem as if we already get how to do it. He also assumes and requires that we read out of the textbook to get full understanding of the lesson. And in case it isn't obvious, the textbook is the most boring thing ever, and it is impossible to get anything from it. If you get stuck enough on one part, he expects you to come in after school instead of helping you there. And he confuses you in-class by focusing on the parts of problems you already understand.

*facepalm* *head-desk*. Indeed, a horrible teaching style for the majority. Unless you're part of this minority which can understand from grasping concepts extremely quickly, you're screwed.

-----

Anyway, regarding trigonometry for secondary education (I do hope this applies overseas), it can be split up into 3 major sections.

First section can be completed (2 years worth of trigonometry under Australian Education) by remembering "SOH CAH TOA", and a 4x6 table; 3x5 is filled with numbers which follow a pattern.

Other two sections should still be irrelevant.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #432 on: May 06, 2009, 09:39:09 AM »
Trigonometric ratios are meh.

I knew the sine/cosine/tangent rules (a/sin A = b/sin B = c/sin C etc.) when I was younger. So, it shouldn't be so hard.

Dragoshi

• Some sort of lurking trainwreck
  • May or may not exist. Possibly. Maybe.
« Reply #433 on: May 06, 2009, 09:55:17 AM »
Mormon Jesus is the savior of the universe.  Believe it.

Hell yes, he is.
All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #434 on: May 06, 2009, 12:09:17 PM »
@ Donut: That math teacher sounds like my Chemistry professor, but he's too cool for me to dislike...

Anyway, since I see we're discussing finals:
I have Psychology (of Alcohol & Alcoholism) at 8:00 AM, which is in about an hour, for 2 hours (mostly multiple-choice/True-False).
15 minutes after that, I have Philosophy (of Knowledge) for another 2 hours (6 mini-essays).
And then I have Chemistry at around 3:00 for another 2 hours and 15 minutes (all multiple choice.... But the hardest one on here)...

And on Saturday morning, I have the relatively-easy Chem Lab final at 8:00 interrupting my time at Anime Central, the only convention I ever go to. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #435 on: May 06, 2009, 12:16:20 PM »
Anime Conventions are overated, the only reason i go there is to get more Social Links.

That said, the last Anime I ever watched was Kanon, but tt was after the series ended and it was near around Nov or something when I watched. Perhaps earlier, i remember it was during break so it might be safer to say around Oct or July.....?

Anyways, I am cured of Anime and trying to get cured off Mp3 blasting in my ear for 8 hrs straight.

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Gpop

« Reply #436 on: May 06, 2009, 12:23:26 PM »

Well trig identities are shit easy, so don't fret over it. SOHCAHTOA!

I just love math in general. Probably because I do so well in it, and I could easily understand everything there. This year's math was such a cakewalk it was almost the EXACT SAME CRAP AS LAST YEAR. So yeah, no problems.

You'd be getting something like sinθ = a / h

Here's an easy question for Donut. What's wrong with this equation?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #437 on: May 06, 2009, 12:26:14 PM »
Here's an easy question for Donut. What's wrong with this equation?

okay fine so it should be o instead of a whatever

let's see you deal with fancy crap like infinitesimal transformations
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 12:28:08 PM by Velvet Silk »

Gpop

« Reply #438 on: May 06, 2009, 12:32:41 PM »
ilu too Trance <3

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #439 on: May 06, 2009, 12:35:16 PM »
ilu too Trance <3

Technicality, the previous equation would be right iff a was defined as the side opposite h :V

Greyn

• Berninghousn
« Reply #440 on: May 06, 2009, 02:09:43 PM »
I love to abuse you too Trance <3

Fixed :V

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #441 on: May 06, 2009, 02:11:46 PM »
Psych test was easy enough that I have an extra hour. Ironically, he hardest question was defining Alcoholism itself...

Now, final cramming before Philosophy!

nintendonut888

« Reply #442 on: May 06, 2009, 02:12:25 PM »
Sadly, these trig identities are a bit more than socahtoa. :(

Hopefully with these THREE PAGES of identities I'll make it through okay though.

At least after Pre Calculus we get the Scarlet Letter. The movie continues to make may day with Dimmesdale's attempts at heavy breathing (sounds like he's possessed) and Roger Chillingworth's unexplained mental breakdown of awesome. Even then though, we might actually be reading the book this time. D:

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #443 on: May 06, 2009, 03:05:27 PM »
Sadly, these trig identities are a bit more than socahtoa. :(

Hopefully with these THREE PAGES of identities I'll make it through okay though.

cotangents and such? Kweh

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #444 on: May 06, 2009, 03:13:01 PM »
I like trigonometry. I did well enough on my university's entry trig test to be proclaimed "Proficient," meaning I can skip the math class of the Gen. Eds.

Onwards to my Philosophy final! I know all the theories and such, but I'm more afraid of confusing which theories are attributed to each philosopher...

nintendonut888

« Reply #445 on: May 06, 2009, 07:58:16 PM »
Well...I'm not sure what to think. Those identities? Completely useless. I did not understand how to do all but one question on the quiz. However, what my teacher apparently didn't count on was by making this quiz multiple choice, it was entirely possible to use my calculator to solve the identities and equations that way. I feel fairly confident on how I did because of that.

Honestly, with his teaching, I don't care. I heard that the substitute that made sense is coming back next class though. Yay!

Greyn

• Berninghousn
« Reply #446 on: May 06, 2009, 08:03:51 PM »
I hate math, may it burn in hell.

nintendonut888

« Reply #447 on: May 06, 2009, 08:05:10 PM »
For once I agree. Even among normal math, proving identities is pointless, BECAUSE WE ALREADY KNOW THEY ARE TRUE.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #448 on: May 06, 2009, 08:06:06 PM »
For once I agree. Even among normal math, proving identities is pointless, BECAUSE WE ALREADY KNOW THEY ARE TRUE.
Do you know why they are true? =3

nintendonut888

« Reply #449 on: May 06, 2009, 08:07:21 PM »
They were proven. That is why they are true. -_- And for solving equations, we've quite noticeably circumnavigated the obvious way in favor of an overcomplicated method (solving equations by hand rather than a calculator). At least now we're on to vectors, and they make sense...so far.