Author Topic: Rei'sen Quest: Inaba away from home  (Read 21385 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Rei'sen Quest: Inaba away from home
« on: November 27, 2017, 10:01:23 PM »
> You are Rei'sen Inaba. Also known as Reisen II.

> You are the current pet Lunar rabbit of the Watasuki Sisters; Toyohime and Yorihime. This is a 'punishment' for you previously fleeing to Earth, although you honestly don't mind it too much.

> You also have the rank of Corporal in the Lunar Army. You used to be a trainee, but you have recently finished your training and been swiftly promoted to your rank... it's the third lowest rung... but it's not Private or Lance Corporal at least.

> You were deployed to Gensokyo due to a combination of having been there previously; and the disaster that occured on the moon, to prepare for invasion and purification due to the Moon no longer being suitable. However... you and your section were knocked out during the invasion.

> You are currently  in a state of minor dizziness; having just recovered from unconsciousness. You seem to be in a forest.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

meow56

• Hmm...
Re: Rei'sen Quest: Inaba away from home
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 10:40:05 PM »
>Clear our head.
>What do we know about Reisen I?
>For that matter, what do we know about Eientei and its residents?
>Look around. Is anyone watching?
>Inventory.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 11:13:37 PM »
>Clear our head.
>What do we know about Reisen I?
>For that matter, what do we know about Eientei and its residents?
>Look around. Is anyone watching?
>Inventory.

> You shake your head around until you are less groggy.

> Reisen I is considered a traitor; as unlike you, who left the Moon out of curiosity; before you were even out of training; she left out of fear to join the Earth during the Lunar war; while an actual solider. Reisen I was a defector. She was also the old pet of the Watasukis; and looked a lot like you; although her ears were not floppy like yours. The sisters do not talk of her much. You even heard rumors she was sighted fighting against the other rabbits on a different front.

> You have vaguely heard of the Eientei and the Earth Rabbits. You were briefed that Gensokyo is home to the legendary traitors; Eirin Yagokoro and Kaguya Houraisan. You were warned to avoid them at all costs. Apparently; this is where Reisen I lives too.

> You look around. You don't notice anyone until you turn around. There appears to be a grey mouse scavenging the battlefield; picking up anything dropped. Noticeably; there is a small basket held by her tail which seems to contain the scavenger's spoils. Nothing too important; mostly badges; buttons; an occasional magic shell used by the less-able rabbits.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 11:15:53 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 12:15:16 AM »
>Recall combat training and abilities

>any other training and abilities?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

meow56

• Hmm...
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 03:59:12 AM »
>What happened to our section?
>Inventory.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 10:07:03 AM »
>Recall combat training and abilities

>any other training and abilities?

> You've been trained in many things; thanks to one of your owners; Watasuki no Yorihime. Toyohime sees it as a point of pride that you are as well-trained as possible. [In fact; all Lunarians who own Lunar Rabbits see their rabbit's rank as a status symbol of sorts]

> Of course; just because you've been trained doesn't mean you are competent.

> Combat Abilities
>> Lunar Corps - Self-Made Magic Shells  - You have mastered the ability to condense your magic into a bullet-like form and launch it without the aid of any devices, allowing you greater accuracy and more power than lesser rabbits. These Magical Bullets serve as a capsule to carry your magical energy within. On impact; they do not penetrate like an actual bullet; they explode and release the magical energy in a small shockwave. The exact power of each bullet depends on the user's own magical energy, but your bullets are enough to stagger an enemy of humanoid [Or Lunar Rabbitoid] size and weight; causing significant discomfort and pain, as well as bruising at the point of impact. A good hit or two to the noggin is usually enough to knock out a Lunar Rabbit.

>>> Revolver - By putting your Index and Middle fingers together as a focal point, you can create and fire up to 6 magical shells in quick succession from each hand. There is a minor recoil after each shot is launched, and after six shorts, leftover magical discharge forces your fingers apart for about five seconds in a period known as 'reload'. The range on this is about 15 meters before the magical shell you created to encapsulate your energy fizzles away.

>>> Tri-Shot - By spreading your Index; Middle and Ring fingers out as far as you can; you can condense your magic in each of those fingers to launch three shots in a spread pattern at once. Unlike the Revolver; you're only capable of doing this with your dominant right hand, and you can only fire two shots before magical discharge causes you to be unable to fire with your right hand for another 6 second period. Tri-Shot cannot be used if your right hand is already 'reloading'. These shells are larger and more powerful than the Revolver ones; but have a shorter effective range due to more energy being contained, only about 5 meters; limiting the spread shot to strictly close-range combat. A Tri-Shot has a lot more stopping power than a Revolver shot.

>> Lunar Corps - Stander-Issue Magic shells
>>> Rifle - Only the most able of the Lunar Corps can perform a long-range Rifle attack without mechanical aid. You're not at that level yet [Much to Yorihime's frustrations], so you have to make do with summoning a mechanical Lunar-Rifle and filling pre-made shells with your energy instead. The stopping power of this weapon is quite low; but it has a long range... provided there is a sightline. You're actually a relatively good shot with the thing too. Still; the mechanical device is not as accurate as being able to do it yourself would be, and you only are only authorized to carry 20 shells.

>> Lunar Rabbit Art - Mystic Eyes - All Lunar Rabbits have the 'Lunatic Eyes' however; few have any real mastery or control over mixing their magic with the wavelengths that their eyes reflect. You have managed to create a single technique using these wavelengths and magic.
>>> Bunny Hop - It takes direct eye contact and a fair amount of focus to pull off; but you can use the wavelengths your eyes reflect, combined with magic, to create a minor illusion. In this illusion, you appear to stand still, when in actuality, you've quickly moved somewhere else at the top speed you can. The illusion only lasts for about 2 seconds, although it could last longer on those with weaker minds, and less time on those with strong minds.

>> Peak physical condition - Due to a combination of care from the Watasukis; and the competition between the Lunarian Elites; you are in peak physical condition for a Lunar Rabbit. Having an unfit pet just won't do now will it?

>> Flight - You can fly

>> Basic Command - Your rank allows you to command a section of Private-rank Lunar Rabbits. A section is 6 other Rabbits.

> Other Training

>> You are well-versed in the art of cooking Lunarian Cuisine. Toyohime decided to teach you this, seemingly out of a combination of self-amusement and unwillingness to cook herself.

>What happened to our section?
>Inventory.

> They were all knocked out by the same one who attacked you. You have superior abilities to your section, so you lasted a bit longer.

> Clothing
> Short-Range Lunarian Communicator. This is in one of your jacket pockets.
> 19 Rifle Shells. You used 1 of these earlier.
> Rabbit-tags. Just in case you needed to be identified. They read 'Corporal Rei'sen - Gensokyo Scouting Division - Property of Watasuki no Toyohime and Watasuki no Yorihime'
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 10:13:33 AM by Raikaria »

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 01:30:37 PM »
>Observe what the grey mouse Youkai is doing.
>Try our best not to be seen.
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

meow56

• Hmm...
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 01:47:25 PM »
>Who attacked us?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 03:31:06 PM »
>Who attacked us?

> You're not sure about the 'who' other than it had to be an Earth Youkai of some sort. They were clearly pretty powerful. There was a massive spray of magical shots; which; while far more numerous than yours, were not that powerful individually. You assume this is the 'danmaku' that you were briefed about, a hideously inefficient Earthling combat art that focuses mostly on just firing as much energy as possible in as many directions as possible. No finesse. No precision; and absolutely useless for stealth.

> Still; the sheer volume of the attacks made it almost hard to believe that it came from one enemy. Your section were almost immediately overwhelmed. You did manage to catch a glimpse of your attacker through the barrage before you were blindsided by a group of bullets. It was a female with green hair; wearing white and blue. She looked a lot like a human, but it couldn't have been a human able to wield magic that well... even if inefficiently. Not to mention the briefing said most of Gensokyo's Youkai took humanoid guises.

> You managed to fire a shot before you lost consciousness, but you didn't see if it connected.

>Observe what the grey mouse Youkai is doing.
>Try our best not to be seen.

> The grey mouse youkai is picking up various things that litter the site around you; and placeing them in the basket upon her tail.

> You see her pick up an intact magical shell that must have been dropped by one of your section. Unlike everything else in her basket; which is either broken or just decorative, this shell is in working order; and is loaded at that, glowing with a faint pink light.

> The grey mouse seems too engrossed in her scavenging to notice you right now. Either that or she's ignoring you.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 03:39:56 PM by Raikaria »

meow56

• Hmm...
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 04:48:43 PM »
>Do we remember what the 'danmaku' looked like?
>Were we ambushed?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2017, 05:03:51 PM »
>Do we remember what the 'danmaku' looked like?
>Were we ambushed?

> It was all over in a few seconds. You were far too busy trying to dodge to actually observe what the attack looked like. The energy balls were blue however.

> It was an ambush. The attacker came from above of all places. You were busy surveying below; expecting an attack from the forest if anything.

meow56

• Hmm...
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2017, 05:33:41 PM »
>What did our surroundings look like?
>Did we have a base of operations? If so, where is it?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2017, 05:58:31 PM »
>What did our surroundings look like?
>Did we have a base of operations? If so, where is it?

> You were heading towards a large mountain, following a river. As logic dictates; Earthlings build civilizations near rivers.

> You have no base of operations par say, although perhaps the other rabbits set up an operational camp near the portal you used to get here. You were sent out almost right away as a scouting unit.

meow56

• Hmm...
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2017, 06:53:58 PM »
>We should probably report back there.
>How far away is the youkai?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2017, 07:00:07 PM »
>We should probably report back there.
>How far away is the youkai?

> Probably; assuming you've not lost your bearings after being shot down. That said; a mountain and a river are good landmarks.

> The mouse is a couple of meters away, facing away from you.

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2017, 07:52:07 PM »
>What did the surroundings close to the portal look like?
>Also try to get closer to the mouse youkai.

meow56

• Hmm...
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2017, 08:44:57 PM »
Closer to Nazrin? What for?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2017, 11:55:40 PM »
//: Gonna answer the information query before I go to bed for the night. Going to leave the Nazrin thing alone since there is disagreement right now. Others can chime in / Hope can respond. Time isn't passing when you're just asking the GM situation stuff.

>What did the surroundings close to the portal look like?

> The portal was in the sky; above the clouds; so as to avoid it being easily spotted by the Earthlings. The portal causes quite a disturbance in the nearby area, it would attract Earthlings like young Lunar Rabbits are attracted by carrots. The cloud cover was an integral part of the plan; the heavy amount of them this day due to Toyohime's powers, effectively bringing seawater in the form of clouds to Youkai Mountain. You're unsure if a base of operations would be in the sky itself or on the ground below it.

> You can probobly find the portal by going above the clouds. The dimensional distortion from the passage should be visible for quite a distance; especially with your eyes.

Hope ♦ Metal

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2017, 02:11:49 PM »
Closer to Nazrin? What for?
//To see if that shell that supposedly came from a fellow Moon Rabbit is of any importance. It's probably important if it's glowing.

meow56

• Hmm...
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2017, 02:30:55 PM »
That just means it's loaded.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2017, 02:58:21 PM »
//To see if that shell that supposedly came from a fellow Moon Rabbit is of any importance. It's probably important if it's glowing.

//The shell is loaded with magical energy from one of your section. That is the source of the light. For the vast majority of Lunar Rabbits; their magical energy ranges from pink to purple [Although especially powerful rabbits may have energy of a different color]. An empty manufactured shell is translucent and plain. It is worth noting that if you do not need a manufactured shell; like with your own primary attacks; there is no shell left on impact. The shell is a stabilizer for those who cannot perfectly control their in-flight magic.

// The importance; if any; of the mouse and the shell is for you to decide.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 03:01:56 PM by Raikaria »

Hope ♦ Metal

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2017, 06:57:01 PM »
//I thought it was like a magic seashell for some reason, but it's the ammunition kind of shell. Oops. I guess we can leave Nazrin alone then.

meow56

• Hmm...
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2017, 07:03:25 PM »
Alrighty.

>Do we think we can fly up without being loud?
>>If so, do that.
>Otherwise, hover above the ground and fly away from the youkai until we're a far enough distance away to safely fly up without being heard.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2017, 07:41:08 PM »
Alrighty.

>Do we think we can fly up without being loud?
>>If so, do that.
>Otherwise, hover above the ground and fly away from the youkai until we're a far enough distance away to safely fly up without being heard.

> While you fly quietly; you're not confident that you could break the treeline above you without causing a disturbance in the twigs and such.

> You stand up; and feel a bit of pain in your side where you were struck before. Either that or the landing. You manage to avoid grunting at this minor discomfort, and quietly take off, hovering over the ground between the trees.

> You are unsure exactly how much noise flying up through the trees would make since there are not forests on the Moon. You recall from when you were heading for the mountain that the forest was rather large however, so you would be flying at ground level for quite a while in any direction before you could avoid flying through the treetops outright...

> Oh wait; you've spotted a gap between some trees you can fit through. So you fly up through them.

> You are now above the Forest.

meow56

• Hmm...
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2017, 07:59:42 PM »
>Let's head above the clouds and find the portal, then.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2017, 08:27:25 PM »
>Let's head above the clouds and find the portal, then.

> There's a problem with that. The clouds are gone.

meow56

• Hmm...
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2017, 08:28:39 PM »
>So there's no portal, then?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2017, 10:01:47 PM »
>So there's no portal, then?

> You cannot see any signs of the disturbance; which you should be able to see without the clouds hiding it.

> However; you can feel some energy still eminateing from the direct the portal should be in.

[For reference; look at the background in LoLK Stage 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOy7dmxA0FY notably before the Ringo fight; the bottom of the screen seems to be clouds while the top contains the portal to the Dream World]
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 10:05:57 PM by Raikaria »

meow56

• Hmm...
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2017, 11:42:43 PM »
>Hmm.
>Well, let's head that way and see what's up.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2017, 11:57:30 PM »
>Hmm.
>Well, let's head that way and see what's up.

> You head towards the source of Lunar Energy.

> You reach the site where the portal was, and it immediately becomes apparent that something has happened to it. It has drastically shrunk in size, seemingly being held shut by crude, yet powerful, magic. It appears to have been sealed. What's more, the sealed portal seems unstable.

> More concerning is the lack of any Lunar Rabbits guarding it.