Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 2  (Read 95582 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 2
« Reply #750 on: December 30, 2017, 06:27:06 AM »
>"You said she's a natural shape-shifter, but does she favor a particular form that you know of? I mean, from the way you describe her, I suspect I could sense her malevolence directly, but it doesn't hurt to be thorough."

>"In combat or just for going about town?"

« Reply #751 on: December 30, 2017, 06:36:21 AM »
>"The latter, I suppose. If she's already fighting us, I doubt there's much room for ambiguity."

« Reply #752 on: December 30, 2017, 09:50:04 AM »
>"The latter, I suppose. If she's already fighting us, I doubt there's much room for ambiguity."

>"Her natural form is that of a physically attractive female in her mid to late 20s, by human standards. Her skin is a powder grey color, like silver dust, and she has black wings, bat-like in form, and a tail that ends in a shape similar to that of a diamond. She has slightly longer than shoulder length black hair, though it may have grown since the last time I saw her. Normally her height is 5'10, but this not constant. She will be wearing expensive clothing, no matter what form she is currently in, but she tends not to wear jewelery. She is too vain for jewelery, believing her natural beauty is near perfection."
>"Is that something we can use?" White Rose asks him. "Like, distract her with compliments?"
>"Possibly, but it is dangerous to do so. She is too vain not to be distracted by obvious flattery, but intelligent enough to see through the most obvious kinds. And she only accepts flattery from opponents after she already has the advantage, and never enough to distract her enough to make any difference. I would say to try it only if you are desperate."
>White Rose nods. "Got it."

>Razorclaw continues answering your question, "When she wants to blend into human society, the form she uses is that of a mixed race youkai. That way she does not disguise her wings or tail, only her skin color. Her hair color is usually blonde but she uses white hair as well sometimes, and never longer than her natural form's length. Her wings and tail will also be a different color than they are naturally. Usually they're the same color as her current hair, or at least close to it. She tends to be shorter in human form, if only by a few inches. Her pride prevents her from shrinking herself too much."
>"What does pride have to do with height?" White Rose asks.
>The corners of the lion's lips pull back into an expression approximating a human grin. You've seen Rin do that often enough to be used to it, but on a lion, even one as pretty as Razorclaw is, the effect is scary. "She can't stand not to be shorter than the people around her for long. She is better than them, you see, and enjoys looking down on people. The only time she shrinks herself for any length of time is when she's abusing someone very tall, if she thinks it will hurt them more." Rin clenches her teeth and lets out a quiet hiss. "You've known people like that?" Razorclaw asks, the gentleness of his voice belying the power of his form.
>"Yeah, I have." Rin answers flatly. "Too many."
>"Be pleased that there will be one less of them by the end of the day. You survived the Stuntrons and the Champions. Do not underestimate Semitur, and you will survive her, too."

« Reply #753 on: December 30, 2017, 09:58:31 AM »
>"We will. When is this plane due to arrive?"

« Reply #754 on: December 30, 2017, 10:08:40 AM »
>"We will. When is this plane due to arrive?"

>"Less than two hours. I can't be more precise; it depends on what she's done to the pilots."
>"That's not much time." says Haruka.
>"It is all the time I could give you. The training exercise you were in the middle of when I arrived was one worth letting you finish. And it took more time than I would have liked to get here. My Coven were extremely resistant to the idea. And I had to talk a lot of Blood out of the idea of killing Semitur themselves. I'm not the only Blood in this city that doesn't want her here."

« Reply #755 on: December 30, 2017, 10:17:55 AM »
>"I guess she's used to dealing with that kind of a response?'

« Reply #756 on: December 30, 2017, 10:31:18 AM »
>"I guess she's used to dealing with that kind of a response?'

>Haruka says, "She's had several centuries of experience. It's lucky we have as much warning as we do."

« Reply #757 on: December 30, 2017, 10:35:56 AM »
>Do any of you have any objections to taking on this task now?

« Reply #758 on: December 30, 2017, 10:43:07 AM »
>Do any of you have any objections to taking on this task now?

>I would take on this task as Kiku or Magical Chrysanthemum. says Kiku.
>None at all. says Reisen.
>Not me, I don't want this succubus here in town. Rin adds. And Razorclaw's right, our powers can handle this better than most. I say we go for it.
>Lily and Minoriko, however, are silent for a moment. Minoriko is the first one to speak, Well...
>Does it bother anyone else that this is a seek and destroy mission? Lily asks, interrupting her. That's not what we do, is it?

« Reply #759 on: December 30, 2017, 10:49:14 AM »
>Not if we have another option. But the others may... be correct in assuming that we don't. Still, we have saved other people that were thought to be beyond saving before; maybe we'll surprise them again."

« Reply #760 on: December 30, 2017, 10:57:27 AM »
>Not if we have another option. But the others may... be correct in assuming that we don't. Still, we have saved other people that were thought to be beyond saving before; maybe we'll surprise them again."

>Don't think of it as a 'seek and destroy' mission, Lily. Reisen adds. Think of it this way. Someone has to help Semitur's victims, if there are any, and that IS something we do.
>Yeah, that's true... The blonde still sounds uncomfortable. Still... I don't think I like this.
>I don't think I do, either. says Minoriko. I joined this group to defend people, and to defend this city. But I don't like the thought that my first real mission with you turns out to be killing someone.

« Reply #761 on: December 30, 2017, 11:05:09 AM »
>No. And I don't blame you for that at all. I don't want to kill anyone, either. And if there is a way our power can redeem her from this malevolence, then I intend to use it.
>But... if there isn't, what would you have us do instead?

« Reply #762 on: December 30, 2017, 11:39:13 AM »
>No. And I don't blame you for that at all. I don't want to kill anyone, either. And if there is a way our power can redeem her from this malevolence, then I intend to use it.
>But... if there isn't, what would you have us do instead?

>Maybe this is a bit naive, but, wouldn't it be possible to arrest her and send her to the magic users' jail? Minoriko asks.
>She's not a wizard, she's a demon. Kiku counters. We're not dealing with a spellcaster that lost their way, or cast the wrong spell and was corrupted by it. This is the kind of demon who DOES the corrupting.
>Minoriko protests, Well it wouldn't hurt to ask, would it?

« Reply #763 on: December 30, 2017, 11:42:22 AM »
>Someone as skilled as her at enthralling people sounds very dangerous to keep prisoner, except by very specialized means.

« Reply #764 on: December 30, 2017, 11:48:40 AM »
>Someone as skilled as her at enthralling people sounds very dangerous to keep prisoner, except by very specialized means.

>She's right. Kiku says. It's one thing to be able to contain someone who has enchantment magic, that can be done. I could do that by myself, depending on the skill of the enchanter. But Succubi require a handling unique to them, and Semitur is far beyond the norm for a Succubus. She can charm people with a look, with a word, just by touching them. I don't know of any place on Earth that could hold her.
>What about NOT on Earth? Lily asks. All of you look at the little blonde in surprise for a moment. Think about it! Haruka's been to other worlds, she can go to other worlds. So can Alisaie. Why couldn't we take Semitur to one of them?

« Reply #765 on: December 30, 2017, 11:52:59 AM »
>Is there anywhere you think would be safer to hold her?
>What do we think are the odds that if we tried to hold her in an Oubliette, she'd be able to affect us through it?

« Reply #766 on: December 30, 2017, 11:59:22 AM »
>Is there anywhere you think would be safer to hold her?
>What do we think are the odds that if we tried to hold her in an Oubliette, she'd be able to affect us through it?

>I don't know. I'm not the expert on different planets.
>It depends on the strength of the Oubliette. The stronger the prison, the less likely the odds of someone sneaking enchantment magic out of it.

« Reply #767 on: December 30, 2017, 12:03:32 PM »
>If we were all on-board with it, do we think it might be enough, given what we've been told?
>Either way, this all relies upon being able to successfully incapacitate her without killing her. If we can do that much, I am certainly in favor of exploring non-lethal options. And if we can't, then all of this is moot; surely you understand why leaving her alone is not really an option here, right?

« Reply #768 on: December 30, 2017, 12:11:29 PM »
>If we were all on-board with it, do we think it might be enough, given what we've been told?
>Either way, this all relies upon being able to successfully incapacitate her without killing her. If we can do that much, I am certainly in favor of exploring non-lethal options. And if we can't, then all of this is moot; surely you understand why leaving her alone is not really an option here, right?

>Three of you were able to hold one of the Champions for a long time. If the six of you made an Oubliette, you'd probably be able to hold Semitur in there and a lot more Succubi safely.

>But don't try it, we don't have the rating clearing for that.
>Yes, I understand that. says Minoriko.
>Yeah, I read you, boss. Lily replies. And you're right, Reisen, if we can help people that Semitur's turned bad, then we need to make 'em good again.
>Hang on a second. Minoriko says suddenly. Aren't Succubi supposed to come from some other realm? I mean, they're demons that people summon to this world, aren't they?
>That is true. Kiku replies. But they are also a native species to Earth. I don't know what their origins are, but not all of them that are found on Earth are summoned here.
>What if Semitur is? Couldn't we UNsummon her?

« Reply #769 on: December 30, 2017, 12:14:42 PM »
>Could we?
>If we're not sure the answer to that question: Could we?
>And would she be any less of a threat to the inhabitants of wherever world that was?

« Reply #770 on: December 30, 2017, 01:14:28 PM »
>Could we?
>If we're not sure the answer to that question: Could we?
>And would she be any less of a threat to the inhabitants of wherever world that was?

>You think you might. In a sense you already have, when you blasted those fiendish creatures Madame Knowledge sent at you. But Semitur is a far more compex creature than those summoned beasts were. Still, the odds are not 0.
>That probably depends on the world. says Poppy. What if she was from a world that's as bad as, say, Makai?

« Reply #771 on: December 30, 2017, 01:19:31 PM »
>Then I might wonder who was the bigger victim by such an unsummoning.
>"Do you know if Semitur is native to Earth or was she summoned from another at some point?"

« Reply #772 on: December 30, 2017, 02:25:36 PM »
>Then I might wonder who was the bigger victim by such an unsummoning.
>"Do you know if Semitur is native to Earth or was she summoned from another at some point?"

>"I am fairly confidant she was born on Earth." says Razorclaw. "I couldn't say for certain, I don't know her history. But she smells like a native of this planet."
>"That seems a bit thin." Carnation objects.
>White Rose shakes her head. "Not for a feline. Especially when that feline has a magic nose."
>Razorclaw chuckles warmly at Rin's description. "Not the way I would describe it, but not inaccurate."

« Reply #773 on: December 30, 2017, 02:29:48 PM »
>Nod
>Well, there goes that plan. Probably.
>But we could probably hold her in a Rainbow Oubliette and if all of us worked together, it might even be safe. ...although, unlike previous people we've held, I don't know what hope there is of her 'reforming', short of our power itself affecting her.

« Reply #774 on: December 31, 2017, 03:48:07 AM »
>Nod
>Well, there goes that plan. Probably.
>But we could probably hold her in a Rainbow Oubliette and if all of us worked together, it might even be safe. ...although, unlike previous people we've held, I don't know what hope there is of her 'reforming', short of our power itself affecting her.

>"Why do you ask?" Razorclaw asks you.

« Reply #775 on: December 31, 2017, 04:12:47 AM »
>"Pondering her susceptibility to being unsummoned."

« Reply #776 on: December 31, 2017, 04:22:21 AM »
>"Pondering her susceptibility to being unsummoned."

>"Ah yes. That would work with some Succubi, but not with this one."
>"Although, by the same token, if you wanted to banish her, that might work." the lion suggests. "I don't believe she has the ability to travel between worlds or dimensions. If you banished her, she wouldn't be able to return on her own."
>"I didn't think I'd hear that coming from you." Kenyu remarks. "Mr. King of the Jungle."
>"In this case, Hot Spot, I want her gone from Earth. Whether that takes the form of her death or her banishment, in this case, the results are the same."
>"You're not worried that some twit with a spellbook will call her back?"
>"No amateur wizard could conjure a demon that powerful. And the odds of a skilled summoner conjuring that particular Succubus to Earth are low enough for even me to dismiss."

« Reply #777 on: December 31, 2017, 04:36:12 AM »
>"Well, we shall we what opportunities the confrontation affords us."
>To Haruka: "Do you have the leverage to get us inside security on the gate they're scheduled to arrive at before the plane disembarks? Without causing a fuss on that end as well."

« Reply #778 on: December 31, 2017, 05:05:10 AM »
>"Well, we shall we what opportunities the confrontation affords us."
>To Haruka: "Do you have the leverage to get us inside security on the gate they're scheduled to arrive at before the plane disembarks? Without causing a fuss on that end as well."

>"It would be better if we had more time to work with, but, yes. We've done this sort of thing at the airport before, just never with a Succubus involved. Well, never with a Succubus as the target, anyway."

« Reply #779 on: December 31, 2017, 05:14:52 AM »
>"Then we probably shouldn't waste any time. I'm in - absolutely."
>Though if either of you still feel uncomfortable about this, I won't force you to come with us.