Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 2  (Read 95597 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 2
« Reply #450 on: December 10, 2017, 02:58:26 AM »
>Okay, what the heck is going on here?

>It appears that one of the three figures, Poppy, judging from the ears, is dancing, and the other two women are looking on. You're a ways away yet, so you can't tell more than that from looking.

« Reply #451 on: December 10, 2017, 03:00:14 AM »
>And everyone still appears to have their clothes on?
>Let's get closer

« Reply #452 on: December 10, 2017, 04:35:06 AM »
>And everyone still appears to have their clothes on?
>Let's get closer

>As near as you can tell.
>Understandably confused, you and White Rose continue down a stationary escalator towards the trio. Hiyori starts to follow, but does so slowly, her eyes fixed on the sight of the dancing girl. When you get to the bottom, Hiyori actually stops dead in her tracks. Try as she might, neither you nor White Rose can attract her attention. She is completely transfixed by the sight of Reisen's dance.

« Reply #453 on: December 10, 2017, 04:43:32 AM »
>But we ourselves don't feel any sense of transfixion?

« Reply #454 on: December 10, 2017, 04:55:18 AM »
>But we ourselves don't feel any sense of transfixion?

>You do not. But you may know why. Hiyori's avian vision is superior to yours or White Roses'. And Reisen's Dancer Spectrum, if that's the one she's using now, does possess mesmeric properties, you know that from the aftermath of the fight with Motormaster. Since Hiyori can see Poppy more clearly than you, she may be affected by something you're not.
>Or Poppy could only be targeting mikos with whatever magic she's using, you're not sure.

« Reply #455 on: December 10, 2017, 05:02:10 AM »
>Well, surely it's possible that we're immune by virtue of it stemming from 'our' power in the first place?
>Does that mean we're still too far away to get a good shot on Youmu, though?

« Reply #456 on: December 10, 2017, 05:07:38 AM »
>Well, surely it's possible that we're immune by virtue of it stemming from 'our' power in the first place?
>Does that mean we're still too far away to get a good shot on Youmu, though?

>That could also be the case.
>You are close enough to draw a bead on her, yes. At this range she'd have plenty of time to react and dodge or block until normal circumstances, but judging from the glazed look in Hiyori's eyes, Youmu, who's even closer to Poppy than the bird, is probably incapable of dodging right now.

« Reply #457 on: December 10, 2017, 05:09:41 AM »
>Then let's not take any chances that getting closer will affect us just yet
>Take the time needed to line up a direct shot and fire a Vermillion Lotus straight at Youmu, full power

« Reply #458 on: December 10, 2017, 07:34:30 PM »
>Then let's not take any chances that getting closer will affect us just yet
>Take the time needed to line up a direct shot and fire a Vermillion Lotus straight at Youmu, full power

>Caution is good.
>With Hiyori disabled, you and White Rose decide to hold up here and strike while the iron is hot. Taking your time to level out your scepter and take careful aim, you fire a max level Vermillion Lotus at the transfixed shrine maiden. As you suspected, Youmu does not seem to react at all until your blast hits her, and then it is only to get bowled over by the powerful blast.
>"Hey!" a familiar voice bellows, Cinnamon taking to the air. "What'd you do that for?!"

« Reply #459 on: December 10, 2017, 07:42:41 PM »
>Does Cinnamon seem annoyed with us or Reisen?
>Is the latter still dancing?

« Reply #460 on: December 10, 2017, 07:57:55 PM »
>Does Cinnamon seem annoyed with us or Reisen?
>Is the latter still dancing?

>At you.
>She seems to be winding down.

« Reply #461 on: December 10, 2017, 08:14:47 PM »
>"Is not eliminating her part of the point of this exercise?"
>Does Hiyori seem to be snapping out of it too?

« Reply #462 on: December 10, 2017, 08:17:07 PM »
>"Is not eliminating her part of the point of this exercise?"
>Does Hiyori seem to be snapping out of it too?

>"What'd you think we were doing?!" Cinnamon shouts.
>Affirmative. She looks like one snapped awake after just falling asleep.

« Reply #463 on: December 10, 2017, 08:22:55 PM »
>"I apologize if I overstepped, but I thought she was merely being held in place so that she could be eliminated."

« Reply #464 on: December 10, 2017, 08:59:34 PM »
>"I apologize if I overstepped, but I thought she was merely being held in place so that she could be eliminated."

>"Don't you think I would-"
>"Calm down, Cinnamon. Spectrum Shift: Saber." The lunar rabbit reverts to her melee form. "Lotus had no way of knowing what I was doing. Lotus, I wasn't mesmerizing Youmu so Cinnamon could defeat her, I was winning her over to our side."
>"You were... You can do that?" White Rose gapes.
>Poppy gives a slight nod. "None of my other Spectrums were working against her, so I switched to Dancer to try and give Cinnamon an edge. I noticed that Youmu seemed especially susceptible to Dancer's power, so I tried something a bit bolder. I was in the middle of it when Lotus shot her."

« Reply #465 on: December 10, 2017, 09:04:38 PM »
>Frown
>"My apologies. When I was unable to contact you, I'd assumed it was taking all your concentration to keep her in the one place."
>Bow apologetically

« Reply #466 on: December 10, 2017, 09:43:23 PM »
>Frown
>"My apologies. When I was unable to contact you, I'd assumed it was taking all your concentration to keep her in the one place."
>Bow apologetically

>"It's all right. I was actually fighting as Saber at the time. It was taking everything I had to hold her off."
>Please... don't do that. Reisen says on a private channel.

« Reply #467 on: December 10, 2017, 09:54:13 PM »
>Does... it make you uncomfortable?

« Reply #468 on: December 10, 2017, 10:01:48 PM »
>Does... it make you uncomfortable?

>You're my owner now. It's not right that you should ever lower your head to me. It's fine like this, when we're in character, I can live with it between Lotus and Poppy. But between Byakuren and Reisen it isn't right.

« Reply #469 on: December 10, 2017, 10:06:02 PM »
>It isn't right that I should treat you with even as much respect as I would a stranger?

« Reply #470 on: December 10, 2017, 10:09:09 PM »
>It isn't right that I should treat you with even as much respect as I would a stranger?

>It puts you on the same level as me. Lower, really. And we're not on the same level.

« Reply #471 on: December 10, 2017, 10:29:21 PM »
>We're both people and I am just as capable of being the one at fault as you are. But we can discuss this another time.
>Youmu does seem well and truly eliminated, right?
>Assuming so: "Well she's down now, at any rate, and I suggest we hurry back to Lily. She and Linia were locked in a standoff with Ioana; let's go break it. This way!"
>Hurry back to Lily's position

« Reply #472 on: December 10, 2017, 11:51:04 PM »
>We're both people and I am just as capable of being the one at fault as you are. But we can discuss this another time.
>Youmu does seem well and truly eliminated, right?
>Assuming so: "Well she's down now, at any rate, and I suggest we hurry back to Lily. She and Linia were locked in a standoff with Ioana; let's go break it. This way!"
>Hurry back to Lily's position

>Very well.
>In fact, she's only now starting to come back to her feet. Her clothing has been well and truly eliminated, thus eliminating her from the fight. She seems very woozy. Reisen walks over to her to check on her, but you can't make out what they're saying to each other.
>"Hey, who put you in charge?!" Cinnamon demands. You seem to have annoyed the little fairy by messing up her Poppy's plan.
>"In a way, I did." says Poppy. "She's my leader, after all."
>"Oh. Well I guess that's okay. Okay, Lotus, we'll go that way."
>White Rose has managed to fully rouse Hiyori as well, and so, reinforced by Poppy and Cinnamon Lily, the five you turn around and start to head back up the escalator.

>And then the ceiling of the room explodes inwards, precipitated by a thunderous blast of Dawn energy, and both Haruka and Pink Carnation come flying through the sizable hole.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 12:01:27 AM by Oldmansour »

« Reply #473 on: December 11, 2017, 12:01:32 AM »
>"Okay, change of plans."
>Let's try to use Sapphire Lotus to provide them a soft landing, should they appear to need one
>Then assess them for battle damage and see if we can spot Kenyu

« Reply #474 on: December 11, 2017, 10:19:02 PM »
>"Okay, change of plans."
>Let's try to use Sapphire Lotus to provide them a soft landing, should they appear to need one
>Then assess them for battle damage and see if we can spot Kenyu

>"No kidding." Hiyori mutters as she draws a talisman. You're the only one that employs your magic, however, sending forth your Sapphire light to catch Haruka and Minoriko. The two women are together, Carnation seemingly shielding Haruka with her body, making it easy to tag the both of them with the one beam. The impact of two women, growing and grown, is much easier to absorb than it used to be.
>"I guess Kenyu won." White Rose remarks as you guide the two women safely to the ground. Both women are unharmed in terms of scratches, bruises or cuts, but both women are also entirely devoid of clothing.
>The big firefighter in question levitates himself down through the smoking hole in the ceiling, rosy colored waves of power radiating from him. His shirt is torn in more than one place, his trousers are ripped and one of his shoes is missing, but he is still functional. Obviously he was the victor of their duel. Despite his aura of power, you can see his grin broaden. "From two to one to FIVE to one. That's the kind of odds I like!"

« Reply #475 on: December 12, 2017, 12:10:28 AM »
>Can we tell if he has that same defensive shield active that he did during our duel with him?
>How close are we to Rose and Poppy?

« Reply #476 on: December 12, 2017, 12:27:31 AM »
>Can we tell if he has that same defensive shield active that he did during our duel with him?
>How close are we to Rose and Poppy?

>He appears to have a layered defensive aura around him.
>Rose is standing directly behind you and to your left. Poppy is standing around fourty to forty-five feet to your northwest.

« Reply #477 on: December 12, 2017, 12:44:46 AM »
>To our allies here: Let's give him more than he's expecting - together. On my mark...
>Given them the moment they need to acknowledge or get ready or whatever, then give the signal and let's open with an Amber Lotus-themed team attack.

« Reply #478 on: December 12, 2017, 05:35:40 AM »
>To our allies here: Let's give him more than he's expecting - together. On my mark...
>Given them the moment they need to acknowledge or get ready or whatever, then give the signal and let's open with an Amber Lotus-themed team attack.

>"I'll odds you!" Cinnamon cries as you inform your colleagues of the plan. The little fairy charges at Kenyu and throws something at him, something that explodes into a sizable fireball.
>The oni laughs heartily. "Come on, girl, I pick my teeth with that kind of fire!" He raises his left hand and a thin beam of blue energy flies from the tip of his finger. The beam penetrates the fireball, causing it to explode harmlessly in midair, continuing on towards Cinnamon. Until Poppy leaps into the air, interposing herself between Cinnamon and the beam. Catching the beam on the flat of her sword, the beam erupts in a blast of Sapphire energy, knocking Poppy backwards, into Cinnamon, sending the two of them down to the ground in a heap.

>With his attention diverted, you and White Rose take the offensive, Rin joining her White Fire to your Amber Lotus. The incendiary lance of light blasts upwards, but Kenyu is not caught unaware. He doesn't try to stop your attack directly, but punches the ceiling above him, sending a burst of Dawn energy into the damaged ceiling. A large hunk of the roof falls down, intercepting your blast. But the firefighter has underestimated the power of your dual tech, and your empowered Lotus simply makes the obstacle in its way vanish, continuing on towards Kenyu, diminished in power but still very much effective. Your light strikes Kenyu in his upraised arm, driving him back slightly. Weakened by the hunk of debris, your empowered Lotus damaged the defensive auras around him but did not demolish them.
>"Nice shot, Lotus!" Kenyu yells, sounding very pleased. "You and Rose make a damn good combination!"

« Reply #479 on: December 12, 2017, 05:58:22 AM »
>Out of curiosity, if we fired an Amber Lotus at Reisen, could she catch it on her blade as an enchantment, like she did with Violet Lotus against Motormaster, or would it actually disarm her instead?
>"There's plenty more where that came from."
>Let's give him another dual-tech Amber Lotus and then as soon as the shot is away, let's quickly make our way over to Reisen and Cinnimon