Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 2  (Read 93518 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 2
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2017, 03:37:30 AM »
>"I don't believe so."

>"How shall we distribute the teams?"

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2017, 11:14:07 AM »
>"Did you have anything in mind?"

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2017, 03:03:11 PM »
>"Did you have anything in mind?"

>"Again, Kenyu and I have had two different thoughts on the matter." She smiles quietly. "That's actually one of the reasons I enjoy working with him. He thinks differently than I do, but not so differently as to make us conflict. Anyway, he suggested the teams be decided by drawing lots. Random combinations, since one never knows for sure who, or what, they'll be working with in the field. I believe the teams should be composed of individuals whose personalities and skills compliment each other. Since this is our first cooperative exercise, I want us to start off on the right foot."

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2017, 03:54:45 PM »
>"In this case, I think I might defer to you. Our enemies may present us with many unknowns, it's true, but we can at least pick our friends."
>Smile

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2017, 05:15:13 PM »
>"In this case, I think I might defer to you. Our enemies may present us with many unknowns, it's true, but we can at least pick our friends."
>Smile

>"I like the way you phrased that."
>"If I may, Onee-sama?" Miyo interjects. "I realize this is training, but, we've already seen that the Protectors can be beaten by just five of Lotus' group. Facing all six of them, combined with facing six of our sisters, doesn't seem to be entirely fair, even if they have the advantage of terrain."
>"I agree. Kenyu and I discussed that as well, and one of our sisters will be making up the difference in numbers."
>"Linia?"
>Haruka shakes her head. "Not Linia. You know she can't work with the Protectors. No, it will be either Konpaku-sama or myself. Kenyu has no preference between the two of us, and you, Lotus, I was not sure which of us you'd prefer to have alongside you in this exercise."

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2017, 06:05:14 PM »
>"Whichever you feel is most equitable will be fine by me."

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2017, 08:51:04 PM »
>"Whichever you feel is most equitable will be fine by me."

>The big eagle strokes her jaw thoughtfully. "Equitable... Enlighten me a bit, Lotus, on the other members of your team. Your abilities and those of White Rose I have seen, but I am less familiar with the others of your group."

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2017, 09:10:32 PM »
>Let's give her the lowdown

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2017, 11:02:22 PM »
>Let's give her the lowdown

>Haruka digests the information you share with her, and nods. "Let me speak with Konpaku-sama, to see if she has a preference. In the meantime, if you have any questions about the shrine maidens that serve here and their skills and specialties, feel free to ask Miyo. She knows our sisters almost as well as I do in that area."
>"Thank you, Onee-sama." Miyo says.

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2017, 11:56:39 PM »
>"Very well."
>After Haruka's wandered off, to Miyo: "I don't mean to pry, but... what did Haruka mean when she said that Linia 'couldn't work with the Protectors'?"

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2017, 12:03:32 AM »
>"Very well."
>After Haruka's wandered off, to Miyo: "I don't mean to pry, but... what did Haruka mean when she said that Linia 'couldn't work with the Protectors'?"

>The smaller bird frowns thoughtfully, considering your question. "I can answer that, but I believe Linia would prefer it not discussed too freely beyond us, you understand?"

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2017, 12:31:43 AM »
>"Of course."

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2017, 12:47:40 AM »
>"Of course."

>"As Onee-sama told you, all of us here that train to combat the forces of evil and chaos have our own skills and talents. And Linia's special talent is that she is Blood. And a fairly powerful one, too; she wears an Opal Jewel, which is one level less than the Sapphire Jewel that Cynthia wears."
>"However, simply because she is Blood does not mean that she works well with other Blood." Miyo adds, giving her wings a light flap. "The Defenders are a Coven, and Covens historically have trouble working with Blood that are not part of their Coven. If you follow team sports in any way, you know that incorporating a new teammate into an existing group is frequently a challenge, but for Blood it is uniquely challenging. For a Coven, any Blood, no matter how powerful or skilled, that is not part of their Coven becomes almost like a third wheel when they try to work with them. A wheel that is square and made of stone. It seldom works. Linia did try once, but for those reasons, as well as some very pronounced personal conflicts with Cynthia and Wataru, she learned that she cannot cooperate with their group, not in any situation as intimate as this one."

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2017, 12:54:40 AM »
>"I understand. I just thought it might be important to know what the reason was if we plan to work together against them."

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2017, 11:22:33 PM »
>"I understand. I just thought it might be important to know what the reason was if we plan to work together against them."

>"You were worried that she might take the exercise too personally?"

« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2017, 01:22:39 AM »
>"Well, I didn't know if there might be some deeper resentment or grudge at play here - something that might affect one's judgement."

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2017, 01:56:26 AM »
>"Well, I didn't know if there might be some deeper resentment or grudge at play here - something that might affect one's judgement."

>Miyo thinks about that for a moment. "I don't think so, no. She wouldn't go out of her way to go after Cynthia or Wataru. I think she'd actually prefer to avoid the both of them if given the option. If she ends up being one of the six you work with, I suspect she might favor going after one of the other three, even Kenyu, but I don't think you'll have anything to worry about."
>"Now that I think about, Lotus, she could probably do well in a team with you." she adds with a faint smile. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was your idea to transform the Stuntrons as you did, yes?"

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2017, 04:03:05 AM »
>"It was, yes."

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2017, 02:56:27 PM »
>"It was, yes."

>"Linia is a very forgiving woman. She doesn't believe in holding on to old grudges or harboring hate. That's the source of the conflict between her and Wataru, actually. Her parents, actually almost all of her extended family, were also prisoners at Garrus-9, and died there. But she doesn't share Wataru's resentment towards the Lunarians. The two of them disagreed once their histories came up, which would have been bad enough, but then Cynthia decided to involve herself. She's very good at that."
>"We noticed." White Rose remarks.
>Miyo continues, "I understand that what you did to the Stuntrons has caused a lot of fear among the Blood, and a lot of anger as well. But I suspect that Linia might be one of the Blood who approves of what you did to them."

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2017, 03:16:10 PM »
>"That's good to know."

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2017, 06:10:36 PM »
>"That's good to know."

>"Assuming you would wish to work with a Brightblood." she adds cautiously. "I know your experiences with the Blood have not been altogether good."

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2017, 06:23:06 PM »
>"I would never presume to judge someone's character by the actions of someone else."

« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2017, 02:46:40 AM »
>"I would never presume to judge someone's character by the actions of someone else."

>Miyo tilts her head curiously. "At all? As in, you don't believe in generalities of species?"
>"Blood's their own speices?" White Rose asks.
>"Perhaps a poor choice of words for the current context." the miko admits.

« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2017, 03:10:21 AM »
>"I do not mean to say they don't share things in common, of course, but I wouldn't hold anyone accountable for the actions of someone else they merely share a species with. Or Blood."

« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2017, 06:30:00 PM »
>"I do not mean to say they don't share things in common, of course, but I wouldn't hold anyone accountable for the actions of someone else they merely share a species with. Or Blood."

>Miyo smiles and nods slowly. "I don't know why I had to ask. I should have realized that from the way you talked about Moon Rabbits. My apologies."

« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2017, 09:56:47 PM »
>"Oh, don't worry about that."

« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2017, 02:20:33 AM »
>"Oh, don't worry about that."

>"Thank you. It is quite rare, you must admit." says Miyo. "All people to have at least some presentiment towards species other than their own. Be they positive sentiments or otherwise. It seems to be human nature, if you'll forgive the expression. For good or for ill, an encounter with a member of a race other than their own seems to color experiences towards others of that race."

« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2017, 03:31:28 AM »
>"Regrettably common, it's true. But I think there is just as much diversity among the hearts of any single race as there are between races."

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2017, 01:30:42 AM »
>"Regrettably common, it's true. But I think there is just as much diversity among the hearts of any single race as there are between races."

>"Is that including the Champions you've come up against?" she asks as Haruka starts to make her way back towards you. Between her wingspan and height, she's easy to see coming.

« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2017, 02:49:05 PM »
>"It is. While some are haughty and aggressive, there are also those who would wish nothing more than to avoid conflict with us, if only they saw a way to do so."