Author Topic: Eastern Interference in Salvation [Touhou x Puella Magi Madoka Magica Quest]  (Read 81074 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Eastern Interference in Salvation [Touhou x Puella Magi Madoka Magica Quest]
« Reply #450 on: December 29, 2017, 07:18:40 PM »
>Nod. "It looks like it might be, just a bit..."
>"Well, if I do this with the grief seed, like so..." Mami taps the seed to her soul gem, and black specks begin to flow from the latter to the former. You sense the mental activity of the sleeping witch within the seed spike for a moment.

>"Oh wow, it got brighter." Sanae feigns surprise, [Hopefully that sounded convincing enough.] "So... what did you mean earlier by overused?"

>"If you purify your soul gem too much with the same grief seed, it will revive the witch." [This seed is far from full, but I should be careful with it if I have to use it again.]

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Eastern Interference in Salvation [Touhou x Puella Magi Madoka Magica Quest]
« Reply #451 on: December 29, 2017, 07:40:40 PM »
>"Wow! I guess that's a pretty good reward for fighting witches. Apart from saving people from them, of course. If they can hatch back into witches though, what do you do with the Grief Seed when you're done with it?"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #452 on: December 29, 2017, 08:01:09 PM »
>"Wow! I guess that's a pretty good reward for fighting witches. Apart from saving people from them, of course. If they can hatch back into witches though, what do you do with the Grief Seed when you're done with it?"
>"I give it to Kyubey." Mami replies, "He can dispose of them safely." [I wonder if I should invite them over after patrol... I probably shouldn't, they might have plans.]

>_
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 08:11:33 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #453 on: December 30, 2017, 10:19:36 AM »
>"What do you do with them, Kyubey?"
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #454 on: December 30, 2017, 08:26:06 PM »
>"What do you do with them, Kyubey?"
>"I dispose of them safely." he replies.
>_

>"That's...."
>Sigh.
>"...fine, I guess we don't really need to know..."
>Turn to Mami.
>"So, what's the plan now? Do we keep going?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
>"That's...."
>Sigh.
>"...fine, I guess we don't really need to know..."
>Turn to Mami.
>"So, what's the plan now? Do we keep going?"
>Mami nods, "We still have the rest of the route to patrol and then we're done for the day." [I'd expect at most a rogue familiar. It's not often that I get two witches in a day... besides, one would probably be enough for them.]
>_

>"I see. Shall we go, then?"
>If Mami starts going, follow her.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
>"I see. Shall we go, then?"
>If Mami starts going, follow her.
>Mami nods and leads the way.
>The three of you proceed to walk for the next couple hours. The rest of the patrol completes without incident, and the three of you find yourselves heading back towards the apartment complex.
>_

>"How often do these type of attacks happen?"
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
>"How often do these type of attacks happen?"
>"You mean when witches attack humans? It's more frequent than I would like..." Mami frowns slightly, [There's only so much one magical girl can do...], "However, thanks to my efforts, it's less frequent than it would be if there were less Magical Girls in Mitakihara. "
>"So, are there other Magical Girls here besides you?" Sanae asks.
>"There probably are, but they're either keeping away from others, or I haven't run into any of them yet." [Kyubey would definitely know.]
>_

>Frown.
>"...Huh? But Kyubey said yesterday that you mentored other Magical Girls before..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
>Frown.
>"...Huh? But Kyubey said yesterday that you mentored other Magical Girls before..."
>"And that's true, but all of them have either left town or have gotten themselves killed, either from witches or from other Magical Girls..." she frowns, memories of a few of the past girls she's mentored well up in her mind. One memory, consisting of a redhead with a ponytail, seems to linger for longer than the others, "When I was answering Sanae, I was referring to magical girls that are currently active in Mitakihara."
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
>Grimace. "Killed by other magical girls?"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
>Grimace. "Killed by other magical girls?"
>"Unfortunately yes. Grief Seeds, being a somewhat limited resource, cause a lot of competition between magical girls. That's why, in certain situations, magical girls will fight over one... In fact, it's more common than you may think."
>"Why can't they just share one?" Sanae asks, [That'll be a simple solution...]
>"Sharing does happen occasionally, but depending on the corruption level of one's soul gem, they might not be able to afford to use only half of a grief seed..."
>Your group approaches the door to Mami's apartment.
>_

>"I... see."
>"...So... shall we part our ways for now? It was quite a lot of revelations, and I'd like to think over them..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
>"I... see."
>"...So... shall we part our ways for now? It was quite a lot of revelations, and I'd like to think over them..."
>Mami nods, "I'm sure both of you have a lot to think about after today." [Perhaps I should invite them over for a tea party sometime...]
>"Thanks for letting us tag along." Sanae smiles [I have some questions I've been dying to ask Satori for a while now...] "Despite the dangers, it was a nice outing."
>_

>Nod.
>"Well, then. Take care!"
>Head back into our apartment.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
>Nod.
>"Well, then. Take care!"
>Head back into our apartment.
>"You too." Mami smiles.
>You return to your apartment. Upon opening the door, you immediately notice an envelope on the floor.
>_

>"Hmm?"
>Pick it up and examine it.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
>"Hmm?"
>Pick it up and examine it.
>You pick it up and examine it.
>It's a thick, orange envelope with your names written on it.
>_

>...Open it.
>Check the contents. If there's a letter, read it.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
>...Open it.
>Check the contents. If there's a letter, read it.
>You open it.
>Two small, odd objects of the same kind are within the envelope, one black, and one blue, as well as a letter, which you proceed to read.

Satori and Sanae,

During your outing I had more visions involving that cat. At this point, I'm certain there must be something significant about it. The exact location of the encounter changes with each vision, but the general area remains the same. Judging from the surroundings in my visions, it seems you are most likely to encounter it in the residential districts northeast of the middle school, which itself should be due east of your apartment. I recommend you investigate as soon as possible, in the meantime I will continue to see if I can glean more information from my visions.

I also acquired the cellphones Sanae requested. They're nothing fancy, but they should be adequate. I'm sure Sanae knows how to use them.

-O. M.

P.S. The numbers for the phones are

>The note then lists two sequences of numbers, as well as the color object they correspond to.

>"What is it?" You hear Sanae ask as she shuts the door.
>_

>"It appears we have nothing better to do than chase after a cat."
>Pass Sanae the letter.
>While she's reading, examine one of the... cellphones, supposedly.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
>"It appears we have nothing better to do than chase after a cat."
>Pass Sanae the letter.
>While she's reading, examine one of the... cellphones, supposedly.
>You hand the letter to Sanae
>"I guess that decides what we're doing tomorrow..." Sanae says as she reads, [Maybe we'll run into someone interesting along the way...]
>You examine the black cellphone. It appears to be a small object that fits in your hand. It seems to be split into two halves connected by a hinge. Flipping it open reveals a screen with a small menu on it on the top half. On the bottom half is a keypad of numerical buttons, along with some circular ones and a few other odd buttons.
>_

>Close the cellphone for now. We can figure it out later.
>"Perhaps. It might be also worthwhile to check out the school. I wonder if it's the same one Mami goes to..."
>"In any case, you had questions for me, right?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
>Close the cellphone for now. We can figure it out later.
>"Perhaps. It might be also worthwhile to check out the school. I wonder if it's the same one Mami goes to..."
>"In any case, you had questions for me, right?"
>You do so.
>"It might be." Sanae looks at you, "And yeah, I did. It's mostly curiosity though. When we were in that witch's barrier, were you able to read anything in there, or were they too unnatural to read?" [Assuming that's a factor in whether or not Satori can read something's mind...]
>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
>"No, I could read the familiars and the witch as easily as anyone else.  Well, except for Kyubey."

>"Maybe we should have some signals I could give you, if we need to communicate in public?"
what do you guys think about this, would Satori think this way?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
I wouldn't worry too extremely about "would satori x" as long as you aren't doing something -really- weird. Stuff that'll help get the mission done like hand signals sounds like a good idea.

>"They did seem to have a bit of a one-track mind, but to be fair, I didn't get to observe for too long. I copied some of Mami's attacks whilst she fought, for that matter; even if our normal danmaku turns out to be ill-suited for fighting witches, the attacks she used should fare well, I hope."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
>"No, I could read the familiars and the witch as easily as anyone else.  Well, except for Kyubey."
>"They did seem to have a bit of a one-track mind, but to be fair, I didn't get to observe for too long. I copied some of Mami's attacks whilst she fought, for that matter; even if our normal danmaku turns out to be ill-suited for fighting witches, the attacks she used should fare well, I hope."
>"That will be useful." Sanae nods [I wonder which ones she copied... Probably that really cool one at the end, definitely...]

>"Maybe we should have some signals I could give you, if we need to communicate in public?"
>"Like what?" [You mean so you can send me nonverbal responses if you read my thoughts?]
>_
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 05:11:42 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »