Author Topic: Eastern Interference in Salvation [Touhou x Puella Magi Madoka Magica Quest]  (Read 81068 times)

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
Re: Eastern Interference in Salvation [Touhou x Puella Magi Madoka Magica Quest]
« Reply #360 on: December 05, 2017, 08:31:25 AM »
>"And what about spellcards?"
>Do we need to physically possess spellcards?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Eastern Interference in Salvation [Touhou x Puella Magi Madoka Magica Quest]
« Reply #361 on: December 05, 2017, 05:32:46 PM »
>"And what about spellcards?"
>Do we need to physically possess spellcards?
>"Well since spellcards usually have a specific pattern written on them, they shouldn't really lose anything. It would still be painful and disorienting to anyone who hasn't seen any before, though." Now that I think about it, we actually have no idea how danmaku and spellcards would react to the beings here... It could be more powerful for all we know...

>As spellcards are written on physical cards, you would need them with you to actually use them.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #362 on: December 07, 2017, 06:19:41 PM »
>"It might be beneficial to test, given what we'll eventually have to stop..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #363 on: December 07, 2017, 06:36:32 PM »
>"It might be beneficial to test, given what we'll eventually have to stop..."
>"Yeah. But on what? Should we try to hunt down one of these witch things ourselves after we're done with Mami?" Assuming we can find one...
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #364 on: December 10, 2017, 03:02:21 PM »
>"Maybe..."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #365 on: December 10, 2017, 03:56:42 PM »
>"Familiars are weaker, so if we dared to do such a thing, that'd be best. If a witch proved more powerful than expected, or our danmaku weaker than we hoped, our lives would be at stake. Hmmm... though I'm curious about using my ability to copy attacks from magical girls here. Perhaps I'll have a good chance with Mami today."
>While Mami is actually fighting and using her attacks, can we make them into spellcards just by being within mind reading range?
>How difficult would it be to peek our third eye out in some fashion for less obstructed sight? (For the sake of extra reading range while, say, Mami is particularly distracted fighting the witch)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #366 on: December 10, 2017, 06:03:25 PM »
>"Maybe..."
>"Familiars are weaker, so if we dared to do such a thing, that'd be best. If a witch proved more powerful than expected, or our danmaku weaker than we hoped, our lives would be at stake. Hmmm... though I'm curious about using my ability to copy attacks from magical girls here. Perhaps I'll have a good chance with Mami today."
>"Maybe." Oh yeah, she can do that...

>While Mami is actually fighting and using her attacks, can we make them into spellcards just by being within mind reading range?
>How difficult would it be to peek our third eye out in some fashion for less obstructed sight? (For the sake of extra reading range while, say, Mami is particularly distracted fighting the witch)
>Yes.
>It would be a matter of pulling down the front of the pocket when she isn't looking.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #367 on: December 12, 2017, 05:58:06 AM »
Unsure if something like this was answered before, but...
>Are there any tells to our abilities? Even minor ones? Such as something changing with our eye's appearance while reading a mind, or the person who's mind we're reading feeling a chill.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #368 on: December 12, 2017, 06:15:24 AM »
Unsure if something like this was answered before, but...
>Are there any tells to our abilities? Even minor ones? Such as something changing with our eye's appearance while reading a mind, or the person who's mind we're reading feeling a chill.
>No. Really the only "tell" is when you reveal that you've read their thoughts.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #369 on: December 12, 2017, 06:33:13 AM »
>How can someone be immune to mind-reading? 
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #370 on: December 12, 2017, 08:03:33 AM »
>How can someone be immune to mind-reading?
>The easiest way would be for them to cut off their conscious mind. It's the reason you can't read... ...Koishi...
>You also can't read anything that lacks a mind to read.

>In Yukari and Oriko's case, there seems to be a boundary erected around their mind that prevents thought reading.
>_
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 04:28:47 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #371 on: December 12, 2017, 08:46:29 AM »
>This doesn't seem compatible with telepathy, as in the case of Kyubey.  Perhaps he is a more powerful telepath than we are?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #372 on: December 12, 2017, 04:30:31 PM »
//Forgot a small detail, so I edited the previous parsing to include it.

>This doesn't seem compatible with telepathy, as in the case of Kyubey.  Perhaps he is a more powerful telepath than we are?
>You wonder... If he is, then it seem he is unable to read your mind at least. You wonder if it's because with telepathy, they're already projecting their surface thoughts to you...
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #373 on: December 14, 2017, 05:49:05 PM »
>Do those familiars have minds to read?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #374 on: December 14, 2017, 05:53:47 PM »
>Do those familiars have minds to read?
>The one you encountered yesterday did. But it was relatively single minded.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #375 on: December 14, 2017, 06:15:28 PM »
>"Though it may have to be done discreetly, unless it's fine for her to see that sort of thing..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #376 on: December 14, 2017, 06:24:16 PM »
>"Though it may have to be done discreetly, unless it's fine for her to see that sort of thing..."
>"Yeah..." She'll probably have questions if she noticed it... Sanae nods, "So... anything you want to do to pass the time? We have a few more hours." Unless she wants to practice some more, we can probably watch TV until then... or maybe we can go out and buy a board game or two...
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #377 on: December 14, 2017, 09:18:06 PM »
>"Maybe just some more TV. Hard to think of much else important with the big event coming up soon. Our first look at a magical girl in action... and at a witch."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #378 on: December 14, 2017, 09:25:54 PM »
>"Maybe just some more TV. Hard to think of much else important with the big event coming up soon. Our first look at a magical girl in action... and at a witch."
>"Alright." Sanae nods and reaches for the TV remote, I wonder what's on right now...
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #379 on: December 14, 2017, 09:35:04 PM »
>Teevee~

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #380 on: December 14, 2017, 09:48:28 PM »
>Teevee~
>You watch TV with Sanae for a while. You seem to be on some kind of nature channel, watching several programs about animals that live in some place called africa.
>The marathon goes on for quite a while until Sanae notices that it's about the time you should expect Mami to come home.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #381 on: December 14, 2017, 09:48:56 PM »
>"So, some of these are real and some... aren't, right? Aside from not looking real, how can you tell when one's fake?"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #382 on: December 14, 2017, 09:49:20 PM »
//Oh, ninja'd by a timeskip. Rats.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #383 on: December 14, 2017, 09:55:10 PM »
whoops! teehee

>"Alright, should be about time."
>Make sure we're properly ready!

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #384 on: December 14, 2017, 10:06:33 PM »
>"So, some of these are real and some... aren't, right? Aside from not looking real, how can you tell when one's fake?"
>Sanae turns off the TV "Well if it's overacted it's definitely fake." I'm pretty sure some reality shows are too, but it's kinda hard to tell with a few of them...

>"Alright, should be about time."
>Make sure we're properly ready!
>You do a quick check. Yup. You have your spellcards with you.
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #385 on: December 14, 2017, 10:29:27 PM »
>"Alright, let's go out and wait for her."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #386 on: December 14, 2017, 10:41:08 PM »
>"Alright, let's go out and wait for her."
>Sanae nods and begins heading for the door.
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #387 on: December 14, 2017, 11:15:16 PM »
>Head out

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #388 on: December 15, 2017, 12:26:34 AM »
>Head out
>You step outside with Sanae.

>You notice Mami at the door of her apartment, about to enter, she waves when she notices the two of you. I need to put some things away before I start my hunt. I'll use Kyubey to tell them to wait. she thinks.
>Kyubey is sitting on the guardrail nearby, tail swishing.

>"Give me a moment. I have to put some things away. I'll be out in a bit." you hear Mami's voice in your head as she unlocks her apartment door and steps inside.
>"Okay." Sanae nods, before her eyes widen, "W-Wait how did she-"

>"It's rather simple." Kyubey jumps off the guardrail, "Mami Tomoe is using me as a relay to speak to the two of you telepathically."
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #389 on: December 15, 2017, 01:43:55 AM »
>Widen our eyes like Sanae, dropping our jaw a bit.
>"Magical girls can do that? Incredible."