Author Topic: Eastern Interference in Salvation [Touhou x Puella Magi Madoka Magica Quest]  (Read 79039 times)

Re: Eastern Interference in Salvation [Touhou x Puella Magi Madoka Magica Quest]
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2017, 06:59:36 AM »
>"Not like you can return it now. Besides, they'll likely figure out that Yukari took it. Let her deal with that."
>"...In any case, we need food and new clothes. Something tells me bottomless pockets are not in vogue here, so we'd also need a bag to carry all of that in."
>Look at the storefronts.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Eastern Interference in Salvation [Touhou x Puella Magi Madoka Magica Quest]
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2017, 07:22:55 AM »
>"Not like you can return it now. Besides, they'll likely figure out that Yukari took it. Let her deal with that."
>"...In any case, we need food and new clothes. Something tells me bottomless pockets are not in vogue here, so we'd also need a bag to carry all of that in."
>Look at the storefronts.
>You examine the storefronts.
>You soon spot a clothing store, and some kind of food court a few stores down.
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2017, 03:38:06 PM »
>Head into the clothing store.
>...how much are we capable of shifting around our third eye and the heart-shaped tentacles that go along with it? The hearts might be passable as accessories, but it'd probably be ideal if we could mostly keep them hidden under our clothes. Hmm, we can't just have a third eye bulging out our shirt, is the main problem. Perhaps cutting a hole into the back of a shirt pocket? Is it realistic to have the eye shifted down more around our waist long-term? Of course, these methods would make it almost impossible to use, compared to having it simply underneath a light jacket we can unzip... that might be easier.
>On the flipside- if we have it placed in a shirt pocket, it would be nearly invisible other than a bulge, but it's possible to see through less dense fabric a bit when it's right up against your eye. Could we get any meaningful mindreading done with that level of obscuring on our third eye's line of sight?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2017, 04:03:27 PM »
>Head into the clothing store.
>You do so.
>There are aisles of clothes organized by type. Many people are browsing.

>...how much are we capable of shifting around our third eye and the heart-shaped tentacles that go along with it? The hearts might be passable as accessories, but it'd probably be ideal if we could mostly keep them hidden under our clothes. Hmm, we can't just have a third eye bulging out our shirt, is the main problem. Perhaps cutting a hole into the back of a shirt pocket? Is it realistic to have the eye shifted down more around our waist long-term? Of course, these methods would make it almost impossible to use, compared to having it simply underneath a light jacket we can unzip... that might be easier.
>You could try to move your third eye a little, but it would be quite uncomfortable if it has to be away from its natural position for a prolonged period of time. The tentacles, on the other hand, could be easily compressed against your skin without much issue. Though you'd personally prefer them to hang free as much as possible. Of course, you may not have much of a choice...
>You think moving your third eye to your waist would feel very awkward and uncomfortable. It's honestly not meant to sit there...
>You think a jacket might be a simple solution, though the act of unzipping might be obvious.

>On the flipside- if we have it placed in a shirt pocket, it would be nearly invisible other than a bulge, but it's possible to see through less dense fabric a bit when it's right up against your eye. Could we get any meaningful mindreading done with that level of obscuring on our third eye's line of sight?
>If your third eye can see it, that is, at a minimum, make out a silhouette, you should be able to read it. You've had it read someone through fog before, as well as a few times in darkness, so a lighter fabric shouldn't be too different you think.
>Of course, having fabric pressed right against your eye might irritate it after prolonged contact.

>"So... see anything you're interested in?" Sanae asks.
>_

//Since I have a feeling someone might be confused by this, allow me to clarify: Satori's third eye can "see" something, regardless of light level, as long as there is no completely opaque object (for instance, a trenchcoat or wall) obscuring its line of sight.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2017, 05:04:27 PM »
>"I'm mostly trying to decide how to cover my..." Gesture at our chest. "If I can't find anything, I'll just get a loose jacket or something."
>Can we comfortably have our third eye most of the way lidded for prolonged periods of time? So we could keep it in a pocket without it rubbing against fabric or anything. Well, it should be okay so long as it's not wide open.
>Begin browsing for shirts that'd have a pocket of appropriate size, placement, and fabric for our eye. We probably won't be able to tailor it to actually fit our eye in until later, but that's not a big deal.
>We should probably find some more appropriate footwear, too. We can't just walk around everywhere in slippers.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2017, 06:27:23 PM »
>"I'm mostly trying to decide how to cover my..." Gesture at our chest. "If I can't find anything, I'll just get a loose jacket or something."
>"Hmm..." Sanae taps her chin, "Maybe we can disguise it as a corsage or something? Though then again, it'll always look like you're going to a prom or something..." she frowns a bit.

>Can we comfortably have our third eye most of the way lidded for prolonged periods of time? So we could keep it in a pocket without it rubbing against fabric or anything. Well, it should be okay so long as it's not wide open.
>You can squint it a bit, though it requires some mental effort.
>Completely closing it, however, even for a few minutes, would probably cost more energy than it's worth unless you forcibly seal it shut. But if you did that, you would end up just like--
>You'd rather not think about that...

>Begin browsing for shirts that'd have a pocket of appropriate size, placement, and fabric for our eye. We probably won't be able to tailor it to actually fit our eye in until later, but that's not a big deal.
>We should probably find some more appropriate footwear, too. We can't just walk around everywhere in slippers.
>You note where the shoe section is, before starting to browse for shirts.
>You eventually come across a style of t-shirt with a pocket on the left side of the chest, close to where your eye would sit. The fabric seems to be a less dense one as well.
>The shirt comes in a variety of colors as well. You see white, light blue, pink, red, light green, and yellow versions. All priced the same, at ?1800

>You find a longsleeve version with the same color variety as well, but it's a bit more expensive, at ?2200

>You also find a V-neck version, same colors, at ?2000

>Sanae seems to be looking at t-shirts with patterns and graphics on them.
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2017, 06:50:51 PM »
>Long sleeves would work a little better with our tentacles, rather than bunching them all up within a short-sleeved one. Red will blend in with the eye and the rest of our current clothes, so let's take that.
>Next, some comfortable shoes. We probably won't get to fly around much while we're here.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2017, 07:39:39 PM »
>Long sleeves would work a little better with our tentacles, rather than bunching them all up within a short-sleeved one. Red will blend in with the eye and the rest of our current clothes, so let's take that.
>Next, some comfortable shoes. We probably won't get to fly around much while we're here.
>You grab one of the red longsleeve shirts and head off to the shoe section.

>There seems to be a large variety, ranging from sandals to boots to something called "sneakers"
>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2017, 12:39:34 AM »
>Does this store sell hats?  If so, how fashionable are they?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2017, 03:41:59 AM »
>Look for simple black shoes without much laces or frills.
>Just in case, take a moment when not much people are around or looking in our direction to at least roughly count how much money we actually have.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2017, 03:50:22 AM »
>Does this store sell hats?  If so, how fashionaaabluh are they?
>Looking around, you notice a sign on the other end of the store indicating a hat section. You're not close enough to see any.

>Look for simple black shoes without much laces or frills.
>Just in case, take a moment when not much people are around or looking in our direction to at least roughly count how much money we actually have.
>You look, soon finding some simple black shoes for ?3000.
>When nobody is around, you take out the envelope and quickly and discreetly count your money.
>You determine that you have ?100000
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2017, 04:46:09 AM »
Okay, yeah, we don't have enough money to spend on superfluous things like a hat (SADLY). Just some clothing for us and Sanae is gonna take off a notable chunk of the funds, and god only knows how huge of a portion it'll take to rent somewhere to stay. We can't sleep in an alley for a month, no matter how much money it'd save... then there's food.

>Take the shoes and look for somewhere we can try stuff on. If we do, go ahead and make sure stuff is comfortable.
>Whether that goes well or not, go find Sanae after and see how she's doing.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2017, 05:18:43 AM »
Okay, yeah, we don't have enough money to spend on superfluous things like a hat (SADLY). Just some clothing for us and Sanae is gonna take off a notable chunk of the funds, and god only knows how huge of a portion it'll take to rent somewhere to stay. We can't sleep in an alley for a month, no matter how much money it'd save... then there's food.

>Take the shoes and look for somewhere we can try stuff on. If we do, go ahead and make sure stuff is comfortable.
>Whether that goes well or not, go find Sanae after and see how she's doing.
>You grab the shoes and soon find an area labeled "fitting room"
>You take a moment to remove the trenchcoat. Your third eye contracts from the sudden influx of light.

>You try on the shirt, testing how it fits over your eye with your tentacles compressed to your body. It's not uncomfortable, for the most part. You would still need to modify the area around your eye slightly, perhaps by cutting the back of the pocket out to give it more room.
>The shoes are a perfect fit.

>After changing back and placing the trenchcoat back on, you leave the changing room to look for Sanae, only to nearly collide with her.
>"Sorry!" she says.
>You notice she's carrying a lot of clothes...
>_

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2017, 05:54:54 AM »
>"Don't worry about it."
>Look at Sanae's pile of clothes.
>"...that said, is all of that truly necessary? We'll also need to pay rent and for food, so we don't actually have that much to spare. ...Unless your plan is to sleep on the streets for a month and a half?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2017, 06:00:57 AM »
>"Honestly, I'm not sure she gave us enough money no matter how frugal we are, but we'll have to see how much rent is before we can really tell."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2017, 06:19:38 AM »
>"Don't worry about it."
>Look at Sanae's pile of clothes.
>"...that said, is all of that truly necessary? We'll also need to pay rent and for food, so we don't actually have that much to spare. ...Unless your plan is to sleep on the streets for a month and a half?"
>"I'm not going to get ALL of them" Sanae frowns, "I just want to see which ones I like the most."

>"Honestly, I'm not sure she gave us enough money no matter how frugal we are, but we'll have to see how much rent is before we can really tell."
>"Yeah..."
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2017, 06:24:18 AM »
>Nod. "Alright, I'll wait while you pick out what you're getting."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2017, 06:32:12 AM »
>Nod. "Alright, I'll wait while you pick out what you're getting."
>Sanae nods, before heading into the fitting room.
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2017, 06:34:51 AM »
>Figure out where we pay for the clothes, then wait for Sanae.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2017, 06:54:43 AM »
>Figure out where we pay for the clothes, then wait for Sanae.
>You glance about and locate a counter where purchases are being made.

>You then wait for what seems like an eternity before Sanae finally emerges, with a single set of clothes in her arms.
>"Okay, I think I'm ready."
>_

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2017, 07:14:46 AM »
>"Good. ...Is it alright to leave what you didn't pick there?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2017, 07:22:49 AM »
>"Good. ...Is it alright to leave what you didn't pick there?"
>"There was a convenient little hamper in there for clothes you don't want. Most clothing stores have one." she explains.
>_

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2017, 07:49:32 AM »
>"I see."
>Head over to the counter.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2017, 08:10:47 AM »
>"I see."
>Head over to the counter.
>You head over to the counter with your items.
>The cashier greets the two of you and begins to ring up your purchase with some kind of handheld device.

>It seems your total will come to ?12400. That's ?5200 from your items (Shoes and a longsleeve shirt) and ?7200 from Sanae's. (Shoes, longsleeve shirt, skirt)
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2017, 02:41:41 PM »
>Pay.
>"Hmmm... we should go change into our new clothes, too."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2017, 07:33:09 PM »
>Pay.
>"Hmmm... we should go change into our new clothes, too."
>You pay.
>Funds remaining: ?87600

>Sanae nods as the cashier hands you a large shopping bag containing everyone's clothes, "I think I saw a restroom not far from this store."
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2017, 04:12:23 AM »
>"Alright, let's go. Then we can explore more... normally."
>Go to find a restroom and change.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2017, 04:30:13 AM »
>"Alright, let's go. Then we can explore more... normally."
>Go to find a restroom and change.
>You follow Sanae to where she saw a restroom and enter. You then enter the nearest unoccupied stall and change your wardrobe, stuffing your old clothes into the shopping bag. You feel some discomfort around your third eye, but you'll have to deal with it for now until you can modify that pocket.

>You wait a few seconds before Sanae emerges, wearing an orange longsleeve shirt and a blue skirt.
>"So... how do I look?" She asks.
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2017, 04:38:26 AM »
>She has a weird taste in color combinations- green hair, orange shirt, blue skirt? But it's not like she can read OUR mind... "Hmm, it's plain compared to Gensokyo, but you look a lot more like all the other people here now. That's good. How about me? Mmn, I need to change the pocket still, but that'll have to wait until I have something better suited for tailoring the fabric."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2017, 05:09:32 AM »
>She has a weird taste in color combinations- green hair, orange shirt, blue skirt? But it's not like she can read OUR mind... "Hmm, it's plain compared to Gensokyo, but you look a lot more like all the other people here now. That's good. How about me? Mmn, I need to change the pocket still, but that'll have to wait until I have something better suited for tailoring the fabric."
>"You look like you'll blend in. You know, I honestly didn't expect you to wear red, though it looks nice on you." she smiles, "By the way, are you able to do... you know... right now? Or do you need to modify the pocket first? Just curious."
>_