Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius  (Read 140705 times)

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: Still Waiting for Tellius
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2017, 03:34:13 PM »
Wait I just realized and wanted to know do we have to wait for our voting prizes too after the maintenance?
I popped in a little while ago and the rewards were dropped.

I think really with FEH I'm kinda running out of stuff to do.  And since you can't horde energy there is less reason to push as the events are kinda, to be honest. Awful.

Maybe it's because they're just starting this out but compared to stuff like Metal Slug Attack or Final Fantasy Brave Exvius  the grand battles feel often like 'Hope RNG gave you the few units which are really good at this fight' instead of going for more of a freeform setup.
This Space For Rent

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2017, 03:37:25 PM »
Navarre sucks. He's not like Ursula or Narcian where he's very solid at his job and painless to level up, he's just awkward trash with no clear role. Not looking forward to having to use him on an arena team.

Wait I just realized and wanted to know do we have to wait for our voting prizes too after the maintenance?

As far as I recall we got them right away last time, so any delay is probably to work around maintenance shenanigans.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2017, 03:43:57 PM »
As far as I recall we got them right away last time, so any delay is probably to work around maintenance shenanigans.
Ah thought so because I remember last time we had gotten gems and stuff for that... thankfully I ended up with enough feathers to get give someone a 5* boost, now to decide who FCorrin, Marth, Reinhardt (Dunno how to spell), Chrom, A.Tiki, or Jakob. Ooooooor should I hold off?

@Edible I meant to also say I got your friend request lol your Reinhardt keeps popping up at my base.

Navarre sucks. He's not like Ursula or Narcian where he's very solid at his job and painless to level up, he's just awkward trash with no clear role. Not looking forward to having to use him on an arena team.
To me he's just an ungraded version of Lon'qu saying it bluntly.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 03:47:02 PM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2017, 03:48:23 PM »
There's the feather reward based on individual performance, which we've already gotten, and a badges+ton of stones reward for everyone based on overall performance that we haven't gotten yet. I believe that's incoming very soon if I remember last time right.

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2017, 04:06:56 PM »

There's the feather reward based on individual performance, which we've already gotten, and a badges+ton of stones reward for everyone based on overall performance that we haven't gotten yet. I believe that's incoming very soon if I remember last time right.

the extra reward for total votes is handed out by IS personally and you should never expect it immediately, especially if the total vote amount is over 6x what IS expects the max to be

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2017, 02:20:27 AM »
Wait is over!

Got about 300 more score from arena based on the new matching system. I forgot pre battle positioning was a thing until the last map but didn't really need it, still it's nice to have. S skills look pretty cool.

Drag back on hinoka is one of my best decisions in this game, it works soo amazingly well in tandem with other reposition units. My previous problem with ranged units is more or less gone and no one touches me anymore unless it's deliberate. Tactical. Nuke. It's pretty nasty stuff. I could consider having it on palla as well, but haven't come across a time when I wished she had it. Then again WoM is pretty unused already so I might try it out anyway.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2017, 05:04:48 AM »
Did a few test arena runs, and at ~670 point fights you are nearly guaranteed to see distant counter, close counter, or dancers with wings of mercy. Wings Dancers are insanely annoying, because now this means you basically can't bait anyone half the time, because the enemy will just teleport across the map and kill you. Sucks for anyone trying to use tanks.

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2017, 07:59:23 AM »
First match I got nailed with a +7 takumi and +10 Lucina. Lucina had the +HP seal and distant counter. Felt fucking bad lul

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2017, 10:35:53 AM »

I didn't ask for thiiiiis! But fine I guess, it's been basically no time since my last 5* so it's not like I built up the pull boost and then wasted it or anything.

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2017, 01:20:07 PM »
i'm joining the felicia world order

There seems to be a little bonus if you take on enemies above your level. I don't know if this ever applies when you're max level, but this might be more lucrative than fighting the purple strata with a full40 team.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 01:21:45 PM by OverlordChirei »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2017, 02:42:17 PM »
I might hold onto my 40 orbs for the next gacha that comes out, however oh boy these missions look fun to do even then I might have to see which one suits me more.

@commandercool I think passed on the 5* Peri curse to you whoops.  :ohdear:

Edit: New gacha for FEHeroes in 2 days promotion of new game much: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NSNGtmDV_U
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 03:14:22 PM by MewMewHeart »

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2017, 03:01:22 PM »
Ok so far most enemy teams I come up against have at least one +10 enemy and that's usually Lucina. Most teams also seem to heavily favor red unit I think, I've only used like 3 duel crests so far.

I'm trying to decide if its worth just ditching red over all. Only problem I would have is Hector but my cherche has threaten defense so I'm not worried about him.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2017, 03:02:50 PM »
I have a suspicion that all the units on this banner are going to be middling at best.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2017, 03:22:41 PM »
I have a suspicion that all the units on this banner are going to be middling at best.
Hrm that's what I believe too....

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2017, 04:44:16 PM »
The S seals are out already?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2017, 04:45:40 PM »
Three very basic ones are. There's sort of a "quest chain" to get them.

Edible

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2017, 04:55:34 PM »
Leveling up a Subaki to get the last one is going to be very sad times, but at least I guess I'm not in the boat where I have to also level up a Cecilia too.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2017, 05:06:44 PM »
Honestly I'm finding Subaki to be very easy to level. He's bulky as fuck and has Sapphire Lance so if you just single out sword units for him to pick on he's invincible. Haven't run into tons of archers up to ~level 25 though, so if that becomes a thing I might have a problem.

This makes me wonder if Subaki isn't aaaalmost viable since he handles red units very handily, especially sword lords. That weakness to arrows and the relatively common green magic units probably means he's too sketchy to really use, but on the right team I could see him doing a ton of work.

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2017, 08:26:09 PM »
triangle attack lets go

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2017, 12:19:30 AM »
Meanwhile I roll 8 times and get crap every time : P
I guess my luck's run out.

On another note, I changed my team a bunch, and I started winning Arena battles again!

Not really sure how good it is, but I'm running Nowi/Camilla/Ninian/Lucina.
Nowi still needs a Vantage 2, but she's done aside from that. Ninian has Wings of Mercy. Everyone else is merely level 40, with some inherits I don't have SP for.

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2017, 12:31:32 AM »
Sbk
I have Iote's shield on mine and it does take up the A-slot but I don't think he misses it. He's probably one of the better physical tanks considering his good mobility in being a flier (bulkiest pegasus knight on the physical side) and safety from being doubled with a spd of 35. Not a whole lot of physical tanks can boast of having all 3 of bulk, mobility, and speed. Give him ignis and he can dish out a tonne of damage too. His terrible res makes him an excellent bait so I often send him off to the corner for the first 2 or so turns to get them pesky mages away from the flock.

e: reconsidering not having given him sapphire lance now that bulky greens are no problem at all. He waas on seal def duty but that's changing.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 12:34:22 AM by Mеа »

Edible

« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2017, 01:07:07 AM »
So if this banner is Alm and his three merry compatriots, the next banner should be Celica and her three starting buddies (two mages and a cleric).  The latter is probably the better of the two banners, then, just going by the units.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2017, 02:58:32 AM »
Man, people really like slapping Vantage on everything don't they? I'm finding a lot of teams with 3/4 Vantage users. It's not generally that hard to play around. Is there a common strategy that has a really hard time with Vantage or something? I guess it might get some sneaky wins if people overlook it, but I would think Wings Of Mercy would be better for that.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2017, 03:04:36 AM »
I just realized how -- no, not even useless, -- but potentially debilitating savage blow is post SI where everyone and their mothers has vantage or brash assault or whatever. Even if a single activation on a full health unit isn't enough to get their hp below 75%, all it takes is 3 more before or after that either from combat, fury activation, etc, to add up to ~10 dmg. And there aren't a whole lot of units above 40 hp. You could accidentally be shooting yourself in the foot without realizing it before it's too late.

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2017, 05:24:38 AM »
I just realized how -- no, not even useless, -- but potentially debilitating savage blow is post SI where everyone and their mothers has vantage or brash assault or whatever. Even if a single activation on a full health unit isn't enough to get their hp below 75%, all it takes is 3 more before or after that either from combat, fury activation, etc, to add up to ~10 dmg. And there aren't a whole lot of units above 40 hp. You could accidentally be shooting yourself in the foot without realizing it before it's too late.

yeah this is why i'm holding off on using it because it can potentially proc a full vantage team which I am not equipped to fight

Man, people really like slapping Vantage on everything don't they? I'm finding a lot of teams with 3/4 Vantage users. It's not generally that hard to play around. Is there a common strategy that has a really hard time with Vantage or something? I guess it might get some sneaky wins if people overlook it, but I would think Wings Of Mercy would be better for that.

The thing is you only need to win defense once. It doesn't matter if something is better - if it works even once then that's all you need.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2017, 06:23:12 AM »
Windsweep 3:   If unit initiates attack, no follow-up occurs. Against foe with sword, lance, axe, bow, or dagger, if unit?s Spd - foe?s Spd ≥ 1, foe can?t counterattack.
According to data miners in the community, there's a new skill (among others) like the above. Sounds pretty useful on, idk, like kagero if she was stacked with poison touch and what not together with a dancer.

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2017, 08:36:11 AM »
there's nothing wrong with me I swear

Hero merit does NOT reset once you acquire it, meaning these are all one-time gifts.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2017, 01:39:53 PM »
Ooh, the arena is rough as hell now. Not sure if that has to do with the new changes or just weird luck, but my matches the last couple of days have been really tricky. I do love me a Fire Emblem-based challenge.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2017, 03:32:30 PM »
Further ai investigating. If an enemy would do the same amount of damage to two units (eg: takumi vs. deciding whether to go after one of two flying units, both with the same def and spd), then it seeeems to go after the closer one. Or at least, the one that was the closest initially at the beginning of the match. Once it decides to target that unit, it sticks to targetting that unit for the rest of the match. Or at least it seeeems to. There's one instance or so where a takumi ended up deciding to go after the one that was closest from turn 1 for the rest of the match, so maybe it just picks one of the two at random and then sticks to going after that one for the rest of the match.

e: I deleted the 2nd paragraph since I was mistaken, but if anyone read it, ignore what I wrote, I was going insane after all.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 03:37:41 PM by Mеа »

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2017, 03:23:48 AM »
there's nothing wrong with me I swear
How. Did you use stamina potions or what?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.