Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 23: Legacy of Amazing Achievements  (Read 166452 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 23: Legacy of Amazing Achievements
« Reply #360 on: May 16, 2017, 11:02:32 PM »
SA does seem to not like people LNN'ing it

Glad you finally got it, Congrats Mino!

and Yats, too!

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

« Reply #361 on: May 18, 2017, 02:35:24 AM »
Got IN Normal no bombs.

I could have got this a while ago, but a few attempts were ruined by my drive to try for score regardless of the type of run, and I got fed up and moved on to other things. Tonight, feeling too tired for an attempt at any of my serious goals but wanting to play some Touhou, I gave the IN NB another shot, and I got it.

I probably wouldn't bother to post about it, except for one thing that made the achievement really sweet. Despite being determined not to play for score and focus only on getting the NB clear, I cleared with over 2 billion anyway :)

RB

« Reply #362 on: May 18, 2017, 04:06:10 AM »
did 50 pdhs to derust, here are my sets:

5/10
4/10
4/10
4/10
9/10

middle three sets had pretty bad rng and i was dying left and right with really bad play but thankfully it stopped on the fifth set, on top of that the rng was pretty free too so that made up for that

26/50 caprate uwu

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #363 on: May 19, 2017, 01:39:08 AM »
[attachimg=1]

SA Extra No Bomb clear!

I'm pretty happy with this. I practiced Koishi a bunch yesterday and got the no bomb clear within an hour. I think NMNB is within my reach, but I die too much to random shit to be able to do it.
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

« Reply #364 on: May 20, 2017, 05:44:43 PM »
PCB Extra Perfect! (No Miss No Bomb No Border Breaks Full Spell)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #365 on: May 24, 2017, 04:34:16 PM »
TD Lunatic no-bombs no-Trance 1cc.

I plan on improving this one too. Half of my deaths would be completely lol-worthy if I were in a better mood. It's a miracle I cleared at all, really. Pretty much only happened because I clutched out Tongling Yoshika, Iwafune, and Chaotic Dance all at once. This game is definitely not trivial when you can only die 6 times and can't use anything else.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #366 on: May 27, 2017, 10:11:54 PM »
SSS Hard 1cc (Reimu), two spare lives. That's my third game cleared on Hard :) Didn't get Tensei's Last Spells.

Since I've only played five of the Touhou games, maybe when I get round to getting another game I should jump straight in and do Hard without doing Normal, or at least give it a try. That would be quite something, considering that it wasn't so long ago I felt sure I would be stuck as a Normal mode player for ever.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #367 on: May 28, 2017, 03:15:42 PM »
TD Lunatic 1-life clear.

Wanted a change of pace from my LNBNT attempts, so I figured I could knock this out fairly quickly. Spent a bit of time last night studying a route, and everything went mostly according to plan here, once I stopped myself from dying stupidly in the first half like I tend to do lol.

EDIT: TD Lunatic 3-miss NBNT 1cc!

Improved my personal best for this one to a point I can be satisfied with. Only died to Tongling Yoshika, Seventeen Articles (of course lol), and Newborn Divine Spirit. I guess all three could've been avoidable given how I died, but I did so well everywhere else I can't really complain.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 05:16:05 PM by ふねん1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #368 on: June 04, 2017, 09:55:32 PM »
MoF Hard 1cc after not touching any Touhou game for years! I hadn't even 1cc'd on Normal last time I played. Looks like I'm getting back into the swing of things.

I'm also able to do SA on Normal with relatively few issues now, which is great considering how much trouble the game gave me in the past. now for Extra and more pain

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #369 on: June 08, 2017, 02:52:42 AM »
LoLK Stage 3 Lunatic perfect run!

Hell yeah, finally a new accomplishment for this game. Funny thing is I messed up my route for Doremy's laser spell but somehow managed to wing it the rest of the way through.

« Reply #370 on: June 10, 2017, 10:07:59 PM »
It's been 3 years since I did a Hard 1CC, and 5 years since I started playing Touhou.
I finally got a Lunatic 1CC. Man.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #371 on: June 11, 2017, 04:06:58 PM »
LoLK Stage 5 Lunatic perfect run!

Hail to the king you stupid court jester!

Whew, okay, got that out of my system. I finally figured out some details recently to help me out on Graze Inferno, but last night I had an especially painful last-second death to the card. I was this close to clearing my last major hurdle, and failing there made me so salty lol. So of course I had to redeem myself ASAP, and thankfully it didn't take too long today.

« Reply #372 on: June 11, 2017, 05:07:25 PM »
Just cleared all scenes for both Aya and Hatate in Double Spoiler. I have the willpower of a tengu~

Trying to clear Five-Clawed Dragon as Hatate was pain.
Lunatic 1CCs: PCB, IN, PoFV, HSiFS
Extra: All except PC-98.

Oh hey look I can do DNH scrips.

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #373 on: June 14, 2017, 11:35:22 AM »
Not the first to pull this off, and the strategy isn't entirely mine either (I forgot the details of the original strat and improvised), but: Princess Jade Green timeout

Grrr.
---
YouTube

« Reply #374 on: June 15, 2017, 11:15:51 PM »
IN Hard 1cc while waiting for my cinnamon rolls to cool. nice

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #375 on: June 17, 2017, 02:00:44 AM »

yaes

Took a whole lotta bomb abuse spam control to get through it. Died in stage 4 with 8 bombs in stock. Ended with 2 lives, no bombs.
This run I abused the fact that unfocusing after all the knives hit makes them explode all at once and resets the knife counter. Also time hax.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
« Reply #376 on: June 17, 2017, 03:28:50 AM »
My current list of 1cc's (updating cuz why not):
SoEW: Normal 1cc (ReimuB)
LLS: Normal 1cc (ReimuB)
MS: Normal 1cc (Mima)
EoSD: Normal 1cc (MarisaA)
PCB: Normal 1cc (SakuyaA, ReimuB (?))
IN: Normal 1cc (Border Team FinalA/B, Magic Team FinalA)
PoFV: Reimu (4 stock), Tewi (4 stock), Medicine, Aya, Yuuka (finally!!) (All on Normal)
MoF: Normal 1cc (ReimuA)
SA: Normal 1cc (ReimuA)
UFO: Normal 1cc (SanaeB)
TD: Normal 1cc (Reimu)
DDC: Normal 1cc (ReimuB)
LoLK: Normal 1cc (Reisen)
HSiFS (trial): Normal Trial Clear (Reimu + Summer, Marisa + Summer)

Extra clears:
IN: Border Team
MoF: ReimuA (several clutch captures that I ought to get on video)

Moving onto Hard and Lunatic difficulties at long last...and maybe a few more Extra clears.
Return of Eastern Wonderland! Made by a PC-98 fan FOR fans!
1ccs: SoEW (N), LLS (N), MS (N), EoSD (N, H), PCB (N), IN (N, H), PoFV (N, 5 char), MoF (N), SA (N), UFO (N), TD (N), DDC (N), LoLK (N), HSiFS (E, N, L), WBaWC (N)
Extra: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, HSiFS, WBaWC
Scoring: HSiFS Easy (PB: 1.1b), Barrage Musical Hard (PB: 28.?b)

« Reply #377 on: June 18, 2017, 05:58:42 PM »
MoF Normal 1cc, no deaths. It just sort of happened...

I don't even feel like I dodged that much, lol. Thanks bombing system.

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
« Reply #378 on: June 19, 2017, 10:55:17 AM »
202,105,820 MS Extra Reimu, this run is pretty godly. Also new shot record (I had the shot record before but now it is a bit improved.) I uploaded the run here: MS Extra 202,1M Reimu
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

« Reply #379 on: June 20, 2017, 10:34:15 AM »
I just captured Shining Needle Sword on Normal after 240 retries.
...I think that's a bit too much for a Normal difficulty spell card but yay anyway.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #380 on: June 23, 2017, 09:18:39 PM »
I have emerged from the depths to bring a new accomplishment. After a burst of inspiration, I decided to try a certain infamous Impossible Spell Card scene without items - 10-7, AKA "Miko's Wild Curvy Laser Gala." It was quite the arduous journey to learn the card and find the correct mindset to endure its onslaught, but after 1423 tries and about 5 hours of attempts in three different play sessions, I can now present:

ISC 10-7 No Item Clear!

That leaves six remaining scenes, including Fitful Nightmare. I fear the day when I have no choice but to overcome that beast. :ohdear:

EDIT: Went back and no-item'd 5-3, on the basis that even though the safespot is pretty luck-based depending on Benben's movements, I had already done something far worse and just as luck-based in 10-7. That makes just 6-5, 9-1, 10-4, 10-5, and 10-6 left. Probably going to leave it at that for now though - it wouldn't be good to be sucked into the Fitful vortex without being prepared.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 11:06:11 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Drake

« Reply #381 on: June 27, 2017, 10:00:23 AM »
PCB LNB. Absurdly solid until the end of stage 4 where I exploded into spaghetti. 2BB and many silly deaths so I'll improve it soon.

I just came back to it about a week ago, this was like my fifth or so serious attempt. For a while now it's been nagging at the back of my head that my records say I hadn't done the LNB even though I'm fairly sure I had at some point, so I picked it up again just to solidify it. As for the spaghetti, I think I psyched myself out because my dodging and route execution in the first half was probably the best I've ever done. I have NNN runs of every stage but 6 (2MNBNBB) at this point so trimming down the deaths shouldn't be that difficult.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #382 on: June 27, 2017, 03:10:24 PM »
This is a run I did a while ago, 90 FPS lunatic 1cc of LLS. Honestly this run has a lot of silly deaths and could've been better, I should've uploaded this a while ago but better ever than never? 90 FPS Lotus Land Story Lunatic 1cc

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #383 on: July 04, 2017, 11:39:55 AM »
I only vaguely remember when I started playing Touhou, and making my way through the Normal 1ccs, then attempting the Extra stages.
What I do remember more fondly is my journey through Hard.
It started with PCB, with the barrier of Youmu.
It went to MoF, with the barrier of stage 4.
DDC was a meme with SakuyaA.
TD was a goddamn breeze, just so grindy.
Then it was IN, with the barrier of stage 4.
EoSD was a little better, barrier wasn't much.

And then, I was stuck. Just... stuck with the two god forsaken games I feared so much.
Which is why this achievement was such a huge one for me.
SA Hard 1cc
This took soooo long to get. First it was stage 1 killing me stupidly again and again.
Then it was stage 3 killing me again and again.
Then it was Yuugi's nons killing me again and again.
Then it was stage 4, then it was Satori, then it was stage 5, then it was THAT FUCKING CAT
But after learning how to do Orin's nonspell safespots reliably, and generally getting better, I decided to grind more attempts.
After one failed run entering stage 6 and dying three times on the stage, then game-over on Utsuho,
a run not long later managed to clear the game.

I'm going to take a break and slowly learn UFO Hard.
UFO Hard is even worse than SA Hard for me. I just cannot deal with the UFO mechanics.
It's going to take quite some time, but hopefully I can get that 1cc soon.
Lunatic 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

RB

« Reply #384 on: July 06, 2017, 04:33:50 PM »
LNMNB'd RSS Stages 5 and 6 on a whim today.

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #385 on: August 04, 2017, 11:20:55 PM »

2.721b in UFO Lunatic.
I'm very, very happy with this run. I missed a token in stage 4, I died at the end of stage 5 while summoning the stage's final blue (thankfully still managed to kill it in time), and I goofed up on a couple spells, but it all worked out in the end. Feels amazing to have breached 27 Oku!

« Reply #386 on: August 07, 2017, 09:51:45 AM »
PCB Normal No Miss No Bomb No Border Breaks. Hurray, I have two perfect runs now!

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #387 on: August 12, 2017, 08:57:37 PM »
Breezy Cherry Blossom (the "Spring final") captured on Lunatic!

I've been working at this since yesterday, and boy did this one feel good! BCB is absolutely balls-to-the-wall hard, but it's so much fun I didn't care. Now I can actually work on the rest of the game lol.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #388 on: August 12, 2017, 11:22:38 PM »
Not really an "accomplishment", but I'm not sure where else to post it?

I captured the HSiFS Extra semifinal spell (what's a survival spell? There aren't any in this game, apparently) with over 60 seconds remaining.

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #389 on: August 13, 2017, 12:35:51 AM »
Got a No Miss No Bombs No Release Extra Stage clear (Perfect) in Hidden Star in Four Seasons, I have uploaded my run here Extra Perfect

Also max resources and 173,9 million alongside it too was rather neat, too.